Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭robpurf

lads what type of gate do sporting get??i cant for the life of me understand how they got in the league as yet another dublin team though they are doing well in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

The average is about the 650 mark but to be fair they have not been great since the break. The dundalk game should help bring a few more this friday.

and now I wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

robpurf wrote: »
    lads what type of gate do sporting get??i cant for the life of me understand how they got in the league as yet another dublin team though they are doing well in fairness

We usualy get a few iron ones at the main road. :D

I feel this is where we are going wrong. I feel a return to a more rustic and elegant wooden gate would be the way forward for this club.
    No doubt Shels fans will be telling us their gate is bigger and better and of course has more of a right to be there:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Ah no I couldn't possibly criticise such a rare unseen artefact. Only a select few can claim to have seen such a sight.

i heard in work that fingal have such confidence in themselves the entire playing staff put money on themselves to get promoted at 9/1.a lad in work is mates with one of the players

The average is about the 650 mark but to be fair they have not been great since the break. The dundalk game should help bring a few more this friday.

ill be fair sporting coming up would prove more useful than having ucd around

i heard in work that fingal have such confidence in themselves the entire playing staff put money on themselves to get promoted at 9/1.a lad in work is mates with one of the players
    Omgz really? 9/1? You're having a laugh? I hope they took that each-way? What rebels.
    ill be fair sporting coming up would prove more useful than having ucd around

Not really. UCD work on a sound model and have brought some great young players through that have gone on to do great things at other clubs. Your best player (in my opinion) came from them. So in that sense UCD contribute something to the league. Fingal as yet contribute nothing.

DSB wrote: »
    Omgz really? 9/1? You're having a laugh? I hope they took that each-way? What rebels.

Not really. UCD work on a sound model and have brought some great young players through that have gone on to do great things at other clubs. Your best player (in my opinion) came from them. So in that sense UCD contribute something to the league. Fingal as yet contribute nothing.

So are you saying that we have contributed something then? :D

" SERGEANT BUCKLEY'S BARMY ARMY " ;)

• Advertisement

I hope you enjoyed that brief holiday in front of Shels.

As long as we are still in touch by the end of the month ill be happy. Its a tough month to get through.

Playing all the top sides ( and shels;)) in one month was never going to be easy.

Shels remain unbeaten in the league against the other sides in the top 4:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

cymro wrote: »
    " SERGEANT BUCKLEY'S BARMY ARMY " ;)

Liam Buckley's Rent Boys, You're only Liam Buckley's rent Boys.

is it not a big come down for shels to be big rivals with sporting instead of bohs??????????

is it not a big come down for shels to be big rivals with sporting instead of bohs??????????

Its more of a come down for sporting fingal to be rivals with shels.
    Cant wait for the proper derbies against bigger dublin clubs.

Shels are not our rivals. Shels are just Dublin city in disguise same as dundalk.

Its more of a come down for sporting fingal to be rivals with shels.
    Cant wait for the proper derbies against bigger dublin clubs.
    Haha well looks like you'll be waiting a while.
    Shels are not our rivals. Shels are just Dublin city in disguise same as dundalk.

Ahahahaha. We're just Dublin City in disguise? Pot. Kettle. Black. Sporting Fingal fans are actually hilarious.

Teams like shamrock rovers, Bohs, Pats and UCD. Cant wait.

DSB wrote: »
    Haha well looks like you'll be waiting a while.

Ahahahaha. We're just Dublin City in disguise? Pot. Kettle. Black. Sporting Fingal fans are actually hilarious.

I was talking about the amount of ex- dublin city players they have. Both managers are ex dublin city.;)

• Advertisement

I was talking about the amount of ex- dublin city players they have. Both managers are ex dublin city.;)

Well Keely was always gonna try get players who had done well for him in the past. But yeah, Lamper I'd get used to having Shels as your derby for a lil while longer, unless Keely can keep Keddy and Freeman dropped and we continue our mini-revival.

These proper dublin teams will help sporting fingal to bring in bigger crowds. Wish there was a club in dublin like that in this division.

lamper any truth in the rumour the bohs danny dyer wanna be's have attached themselves to sporting seen as they are banned from dalymount now

lamper any truth in the rumour the bohs danny dyer wanna be's have attached themselves to sporting seen as they are banned from dalymount now

Not that i have seen. We dont really get any trouble at the club. These guys may have been there at the beginning. We had a few lads ejected in the first few matches but that has been it. The stewards have been strict from the start.
    The fans at the games are sporting fingal's. A lot of sporting fingal jerseys can be seen in the stands.

Just like to thank the Dundalk crowd for a great away support the other night.
    The official Attendance was 1262.

Jaysus it really must have been a great away support:D

Ye fair play to Dundalk to bring the 62 :D

These proper dublin teams will help sporting fingal to bring in bigger crowds. Wish there was a club in dublin like that in this division.

Looks like you'll be waiting another year for that at least, after results like that last week. Looking forward to the game next week, but we can win, lose or draw and still stay ahead of you:D

Not going to be around for the Sporting Fingal v Shels game and im raging was looking forward to this one out of all the fixtures this month. Ah well, we will stuff whats their name anyway.:P

• Advertisement

You'll still be in 4th place even if you do:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement