Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

DSB wrote: »
    You'll still be in 4th place even if you do:D

I know, a pathetic result wasn't it. In my mind we're done with our promotion chase. That result just knocks the steam out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

dsmythy wrote: »
    I know, a pathetic result wasn't it. In my mind we're done with our promotion chase. That result just knocks the steam out of you.

Even as one of Fingal's biggest critics, I wouldn't be too worried as a Fingal fan. This season was hardly going to be the promotion season. I'm worried as a Shelbourne fan as to what the Fingal squad will be like next season. I mean its probably going to be at a wage level that is unsustainable and will lead to the club's inevitable demise, but it might make things very difficult for us if we don't go up this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

i dont think its over yet. Still plenty of games to go.
    A win against shels will help. If we draw or loose and dundalk win then that curtains.

Im happy with the draw for the FAI cup. Finally a proper dublin side to test ourselves against.:D

You'll still be in 4th place even if you do:D

Well we will just have to beat you 5 to 0:)

Well we will just have to beat you 5 to 0:)

But eh that won't happen unfortunately.

• Advertisement

But eh that won't happen unfortunately.

your right, 6 to 1 then

your right, 6 to 1 then

Yep thats the one:cool:

Congratulations on the win. Can't say alot about it we were crap, but what the hell is up with the security at the gates in Morton Stadium? I went in with my 5 year old brother and got pretty much molested in a body search by some tall lad who I think was Polish. Any idea who that might have been? But seriously whats with the rough handedness? Whatever about the football hooligans and all that but I'm nearly 22, don't look anything like your typical hooligan, and had a 5 year old child with me who looked embarassed. I'd been considering going to some Fingal games when Shels weren't playing since we're fairly close to you in the league now but after that I won't be going near the ground unless Shels are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

How rough was he? Was it just the general pat down or was it rougher? The lads are suppose to do a random search if they feel someone might be carrying cans, bottles or other banned items. This search is usually just a quick pat down and takes a few seconds. I got the pat down once and that was at the cup match against shels( sounds like the same bloke ;) ). I havent had it since as it doesnt always happen at home matches , at the home enterence anyway. Dont let that put you off attending Fingal's home games. If it happens to you again, have a quiet word with a senior steward. I know the lads that run the stewards so i will mention it to him when i see him.

Just home from my weekend away. Was there a game on.
    What happened. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

cymro wrote: »
    How rough was he? Was it just the general pat down or was it rougher? The lads are suppose to do a random search if they feel someone might be carrying cans, bottles or other banned items. This search is usually just a quick pat down and takes a few seconds. I got the pat down once and that was at the cup match against shels( sounds like the same bloke ;) ). I havent had it since as it doesnt always happen at home matches , at the home enterence anyway. Dont let that put you off attending Fingal's home games. If it happens to you again, have a quiet word with a senior steward. I know the lads that run the stewards so i will mention it to him when i see him.

It was very rough, and he went fairly close to the oul special area, to the point where I was very close to losing my temper. I wouldn't have cared so much if it wasn't in front of my little brother, but I refuse to bring him to games to have him feel like a danger to society. Especially since I don't even have anything close to the look typically associated with the oul hoolys. Plus, how many football hooligans go to matches alone with their 5 year old brother?

Title race is hotting up nicely. For the three teams who dont make it up this year, is it going to be tougher next year to get out of this league with 3 clubs relagated to our league.
    Surely Limerick will be strong again next year and may also challenge. That could leave the league with potentially 5 or 6 challenging for 2 spots. Is that any harder than 4 teams for 1 spot? Just wondering what people thought. Its being discussed on the foot.ie site so i thought id bring it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Title race is hotting up nicely. For the three teams who dont make it up this year, is it going to be tougher next year to get out of this league with 3 clubs relagated to our league.
    Surely Limerick will be strong again next year and may also challenge. That could leave the league with potentially 5 or 6 challenging for 2 spots. Is that any harder than 4 teams for 1 spot? Just wondering what people thought. Its being discussed on the foot.ie site so i thought id bring it up here.

If it was 2 automatic spots maybe. But 2nd and 3rd will playoff against each other for the right to go to a playoff against the 2nd last team in the Premier. I'd say it is about as hard as this year.

I wouldn't count Limerick as contenders and Waterford will have to slash the budget significantly if they don't go up considering their financial problems, so it'll really be between the 2 left that don't go up and the 3 relegated teams. I'd definitely prefer 5 teams going for 1 promotion and 2 playoff spots than 4 teams going for the 1. But who knows, there might be other shock teams, or some of the teams might not be involved at all, like Longford were this year.

Would have to agree about waterford. Out of all the teams challenging they are the ones who i feel wont challenge next year if they dont go up. Ourselves Dundalk and shels will challenge next year if we fail this year. I cant see all 3 relegated teams challenging either expect at least one to struggle like Longford, just like you said.
    If we dont go up, i would rather (why am i saying this:eek:) Dundalk or shels go up so we dont have to face one of them next year.
    I would rather be facing waterford than those two.

I am now going to wash my mouth out with soap. you never heard that:D

Would have to agree about waterford. Out of all the teams challenging they are the ones who i feel wont challenge next year if they dont go up. Ourselves Dundalk and shels will challenge next year if we fail this year. I cant see all 3 relegated teams challenging either expect at least one to struggle like Longford, just like you said.
    If we dont go up, i would rather (why am i saying this:eek:) Dundalk or shels go up so we dont have to face one of them next year.

Wouldn't be too worried, it most likely will be us or Dundalk that go up.

Decent result last night. Only teams in the division to play. Considering we lost to Mons last time up there im quite happy with that.
    Important we put in a good run of results in the next group of games before we come up against the big boys again. Dundalk and shels away in the run in is going to be difficult, so the more points we have in the bag by then the better.

Hopefully we will win our next 4 game and that will keep us up there.

Fingers crossed we do win the next 4 . Lets hope there is no banana skins

Are you heading to the pats game on thursday. Was chatting with a guy on foot.ie who does stewarding for sporting. He says the tickets are selling well so we should get out and buy them early.

The club will only allow 1,100 home support in. 800 in the stand and 300 standing either side of the stand.

We couldnt sell out could we ?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

UCD work on a sound model and have brought some great young players through that have gone on to do great things at other clubs. Your best player (in my opinion) came from them.
    Conan Byrne I presume? One of the best right wingers in the whole league in my opinion.

• Advertisement

I don't think the three relegated teams will all challenge. UCD and Galway would both lose a lot of players if they are relegated, Harps and Cobh some as well. I think the two from Dundalk, Shels and Fingal who don't go up are in the best position to challenge next season.

Conan Byrne I presume? One of the best right wingers in the whole league in my opinion.

Thats the 1 yeah. And yeah hes definitely better than anything we've got in that position, thats for sure. He definitely isn't the best player in the first division though. Or even the best midfielder. Mark O'Brien and David Cassidy both have him for that.

Fingers crossed we do win the next 4 . Lets hope there is no banana skins

Are you heading to the pats game on thursday. Was chatting with a guy on foot.ie who does stewarding for sporting. He says the tickets are selling well so we should get out and buy them early.

The club will only allow 1,100 home support in. 800 in the stand and 300 standing either side of the stand.

We couldnt sell out could we ?

Ye. defo going. Ive started my euro fund already just in case we win the cup :D

Cheers to athlone. They where 2 down and came back for the draw against dundalk Happy days :D

Im mad as a coote or whatever the saying is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pwp

ive been to one or two games. looking forward to tomorrow nights.

also, found a group on flickr with loads of photos from games -

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sporting_fingal/pool/

some cracking shots there.

Cheers for the pics. Keep coming down we need more support.

Really looking forward to tomorrows game.

How has Paul Byrne been doing for you lads? He doesn't seem to be getting that much playing time...

Have nt seen much of him at all. What was he like for you guys

• Advertisement

That was the best € 15 ive spent in a long time.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement