Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PhotoMe

Great result tonight and well deserved. The replay should be interesting.

I found a website of a photographer who seems to cover all home games. Some wonderful images on it, in case anyone is interested - <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pwp

Cracking result the other night. A well deserved draw. I'm looking forward to the replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

PWP stand for Paul Walsh Photography?

Me thinks pwp and PhotoMe are the same person trying to show off hiis pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Haha jesus thats pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Oh dear, oh dear. Your PhotoMe account is perm banned for that shilling. Your pwp account is banned for a week.

If you want to advertise on boards pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just something I picked up on.

Whoop:D

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Have nt seen much of him at all. What was he like for you guys
    He is quite a good player- a bit lazy at times though and does not put in effort to match his talent. Great in the air and a good finisher- certainly Premier Division standard. Injuries stalled his career with us and he never got going properly. Definitely better than Doyle and Hynes but they have built up a good partnership and probably best decision not to break that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

He is quite a good player- a bit lazy at times though and does not put in effort to match his talent. Great in the air and a good finisher- certainly Premier Division standard. Injuries stalled his career with us and he never got going properly. Definitely better than Doyle and Hynes but they have built up a good partnership and probably best decision not to break that.

Agree with you on the decent partnership. But it is really hard to like that robbie doyle chap. He can be great one minute and then gets so moody and lazy the next. The crowd can get so frustrated with him sometimes. Still, he has plenty of goals this year so i wont complain too much.

Hope we get the 3 points tonight. we will be 3 points of the top if we do.
    The league has been great so far this year. I thought by this stage at least one of the top four would have fallen of the pace, But we are all still there.

Those were 3 bad points to lose last night. I suppose 1 consolation is the fact that Shels and Dundalk and Shels and Waterford play each other within the next 7 days so obviously someone has to drop points. Hopefully its not Shels anyway:D

DSB wrote: »
    Those were 3 bad points to lose last night. I suppose 1 consolation is the fact that Shels and Dundalk and Shels and Waterford play each other within the next 7 days so obviously someone has to drop points. Hopefully its not Shels anyway:D

It was the worst match i have seen us play this year.
    Fair play to Wexford, they came with a game plan and it worked a treat. They would soak up the pressure and then hit us on the break. Extremely fast players. I cant argue with the result they deserved it. There finishes where top class.
    Hoping shels beat dundalk now. Need to claw back the points on dundalk.

Im still not over it.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Agreed, that was the worst ive seen. Wexford had the space and used it well. They fully deserved the win. Robbie Doyle is a lazy player, i think the players are starting to get pissed off with him.
    Lamper, where do you sit/stand in morton? I dont like sitting in the stand and i only do when the mrs is with me, otherwise i stand on the side terrace at the left of the stand, it feels better there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

It was the worst match i have seen us play this year.
    Fair play to Wexford, they came with a game plan and it worked a treat. They would soak up the pressure and then hit us on the break. Extremely fast players. I cant argue with the result they deserved it. There finishes where top class.
    Hoping shels beat dundalk now. Need to claw back the points on dundalk.

Im still not over it.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Dire stuff....
    Incidentally, you should introduce yourself to me might sneek you into Harriers at half time! Steward number 11 as the fat event controller calls me!

Looking forward to a 5-1 win over Longford on Friday night. (retaliation for our first game!)

cymro wrote: »
    Agreed, that was the worst ive seen. Wexford had the space and used it well. They fully deserved the win. Robbie Doyle is a lazy player, i think the players are starting to get pissed off with him.
    Lamper, where do you sit/stand in morton? I dont like sitting in the stand and i only do when the mrs is with me, otherwise i stand on the side terrace at the left of the stand, it feels better there:D

I have had it with robbie. I dont care how much goals he scores. I think it was ferguson who let rip at robbie for not chasing down the keeper who was wasting time.

I sit up in the stand. generally at the second steps area. I was nicely frozen for the last game. Summer football is well and truly over.

Do many use the stand, never really get to see it when people are there.

Dire stuff....
    Incidentally, you should introduce yourself to me might sneek you into Harriers at half time! Steward number 11 as the fat event controller calls me!

Looking forward to a 5-1 win over Longford on Friday night. (retaliation for our first game!)

Been up there a few times myself. Have me contacts;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I think they shouted at robbie to leave the keeper alone as we were chasing the game and he was just wasting time doing so. Not many on the terrace, reported on other site that there was around 100 at it for the shels game. There wasnt more than 40 and some of them were shels. Whats good about there is you can give the players stick if they played ****e :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Biggest games of the League so far tomorrow and Monday. Shels -v- Dundalk up first, going to be epic, 2 50 seater buses and a 15 seater and load making there own way could easily get anything up to 400-500 at it. Then Waterford on Monday. We win both and we're top and Fingal will hopefully be in this dump another season.:D

Just noticed our game agaisnt you's in Tolka is on Halloween.:mad:

Biggest games of the League so far tomorrow and Monday. Shels -v- Dundalk up first, going to be epic, 2 50 seater buses and a 15 seater and load making there own way could easily get anything up to 400-500 at it. Then Waterford on Monday. We win both and we're top and Fingal will hopefully be in this dump another season.:D

Just noticed our game agaisnt you's in Tolka is on Halloween.:mad:

Ahhhhh Gavin is back everybody. We have missed your moaning and whining about fingal. At least we had DSB to fill the void and what a good job he did in your absence.:D just kidding. Welcome back.

Would prefer if you beat dundalk. Then draw with Wexford.
    I can guarantee you one thing about this unpredictable league. Shels will be in it next year.:P

Cheers to shels:rolleyes:. You couldnt even give us a draw. Dundalk well and truly in the driving seat. enjoy the first division its going to be your home for a while

Cheers to shels:rolleyes:. You couldnt even give us a draw. Dundalk well and truly in the driving seat. enjoy the first division its going to be your home for a while

Awh well at least Fingal gave Longford 1.

I can guarantee you one thing about this unpredictable league. Shels will be in it next year.:P

I would like to change this remark a little to " I can guarantee you one thing about this unpredictable league. Us and Shels will be in it next year:("

• Advertisement

I would like to change this remark a little to " I can guarantee you one thing about this unpredictable league. Us and Shels will be in it next year:("

We aren't out of it yet. A win against Waterford on Monday and we're only 6 points behind to be followed up by 2 home games against Kildare and Monaghan that we'd really expect to be winning. 9 points from those 3 and it would really give the league a very different complexion. Fingal seem to have a knack of taking points off Dundalk and Waterford so that should also work in our favour. I'm not confident we'll win it but I still believe we can. Fingal on the other hand, I'd have to say no. 8 points behind with no game in hand, 1 of their remaining home games gone, and all of the 3 left in the titlerace still to play with Shels and Dundalk both being away. Limerick being another tricky trip. Shels only remaining difficult away trip is Waterford so theres plenty to hope for still. Dundalk have to be strong favourites though.

Ahhhhh Gavin is back everybody. We have missed your moaning and whining about fingal. At least we had DSB to fill the void and what a good job he did in your absence.:D just kidding. Welcome back.

Would prefer if you beat dundalk. Then draw with Wexford.

I never went anywhere.:D

I'm still believing we'll be in the Premier next season, be us winning the League or the very likely chance of coming second and Cobh dropping back to the MSL.

I never went anywhere.:D

I'm still believing we'll be in the Premier next season, be us winning the League or the very likely chance of coming second and Cobh dropping back to the MSL.

And now:D

Dundalk beaten by longford. Does anybody actually want to win this league. I refuse to get my hopes up again. Well maybe just a little.

Judging by our performance last night, Shels want it alot.

It just seems like when any club that has a chance to win this league, bottles it when they get within touching distance of the top. Dundalk keep pulling away and just when it looks like they will be too far ahead they come up with some shocking results to allow the others back in the race. Shels and Waterford close up and then fail to get that result they need to go top. We come within challenging distance and then bottled it against teams we should beat. Does this make it a good league because its so competitive or a bad one because no team seems to have the quality or bottle to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

DSB wrote: »
    Judging by our performance last night, Shels want it alot.

Makes a change from ealier in the season for yez. If that's the case then promotion is a real possibility. Poor old Fingal just slipping points at the worse time. We will have to wait until next year to try again me thinks.

Dundalk beaten by longford. Does anybody actually want to win this league. I refuse to get my hopes up again. Well maybe just a little.

It's Dundalks 6th "Annual Bottling of the 1st Division and Promotion to the Premier".:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Im from applewood swords just around the corner from sporting fingal's HQ and i work in santry about 2 mins walk from morton stadium

Years ago i went to a few shels matchs but i never really got into the league of ireland

Now that i have a son id like to start taking him to match's and the local team being fingal is the one we will support

What is the average attendeces ?

What is the atmosphere like ?

Though im not a fingallian by birth id like to really get into it something for me and the kid to do together

• Advertisement

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Im from applewood swords just around the corner from sporting fingal's HQ and i work in santry about 2 mins walk from morton stadium

Years ago i went to a few shels matchs but i never really got into the league of ireland

Now that i have a son id like to start taking him to match's and the local team being fingal is the one we will support

What is the average attendeces ?

What is the atmosphere like ?

Though im not a fingallian by birth id like to really get into it something for me and the kid to do together

There is a game tonight against waterford. Come along.
    If we beat them tonight we will still be in the hunt for the league and promotion to the top flight.

The average attendances are not great to be honest. around the 650 mark. But we are just getting started and that is around the average for this league. To put it into perspective shels get about 900 to 950 for this league. We would be the fourth best supported team in this league.

Atmosphere can be quite good when there is a decent crowd. We have a good group of lads who never stop singing for the whole match. There is plenty of kids at games also. I go with my brother his wife and my niece to most games.

We are small club at the moment but we have plenty of financial backing.
    If we dont go up this year, we will be one of the favorites next year if not the favorites.

What better way to get back into the eircom league than support a club that is right at the beginning of its football life. Its why i chose Fingal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement