Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Heres to fingal stoping shels from winning the league. Bitter i know but hay if it wasnt for shels fans being so bitter all season i wouldnt have disliked the club as much as i do:D

We've gone over this before. You's were our "replacement" as the FAI were'nt confident of us pulling through our financial crisis, we're still here Mr.Delaney and forever will be.

As our banner at the Athlone game last week said "We do not dwell in the past - We believe in the future".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

And Sporting Fingal is the FUTURE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

We've gone over this before. You's were our "replacement" as the FAI were'nt confident of us pulling through our financial crisis, we're still here Mr.Delaney and forever will be.

As our banner at the Athlone game last week said "We do not dwell in the past - We believe in the future".

Well the fact that we where to be your replacement is in the past it didnt happen so get over it. Look to the future then. Listen to the words on the banner.

Looking forward to the game on friday. Make or break for shels i suppose. Shels might be happy to know we are not in the best form at the moment. The last couple of games iv seen have been pretty crap. Its like the team excepted we were not going to win the league and have given up. We are still in with a very slim chance (provided we beat athlone of course) so it annoys me to see some of the players not trying as hard as they have been. Should always fight till its mathematically impossible to win it. The biggest plus from the last few games has been Paul Byrne. He has finally got a run of games and has impressed.
    Even though we are not in the best form i fully expect us to get a positive result from the game. Roll on friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭longfordjames

is this the main SFFC OLE OLE OLE forum?

• Advertisement

on boards, it seems to be.

Match set for monday night. What a farce tonight. Shels had the cheek to offer free for monday night. They even said you will get your money back if you had a ticket. Shels dont issue tickets when you pay at the gates.
    **** club no lights :D Have you paid your E.S.B ?
    What would be the outcome if the lights arnt working on monday night? 3 nil win for Fingal ? :D I'll take that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

cymro wrote: »
    Match set for monday night. What a farce tonight. Shels had the cheek to offer free for monday night. They even said you will get your money back if you had a ticket. Shels dont issue tickets when you pay at the gates.
    **** club no lights :D Have you paid your E.S.B ?
    What would be the outcome if the lights arnt working on monday night? 3 nil win for Fingal ? :D I'll take that :D

Yet we'd still be ahead of you in the league hahaha.

At least we have honest fans :D. Some sheld fans paid a tenner in and claimed 15 back in refund. Its no wonder Shels have money worries.
    You would still be ahead of us in the league but we will be ahead of you in 3 weeks :D

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1028

Shels -v- Fingal refix confirmed for Monday at 8:00pm.

• Advertisement

At least we have honest fans :D. Some sheld fans paid a tenner in and claimed 15 back in refund. Its no wonder Shels have money worries.
    You would still be ahead of us in the league but we will be ahead of you in 3 weeks :D

We may have fake fans but we've still got tonnes more honest fans than Fingal will ever have. And eh how many weeks have I been hearing in this thread how you'll be ahead of us next week now:) Sporting Fingal and everything about them are absolutely hilarious.

So where was your honest fans on friday night? :D

I thought we were in the special needs section until i found out they were the dundalk fans trying to sing so we helped them out to save their blushes :D

I thought we were in the special needs section until i found out they were the dundalk fans trying to sing so we helped them out to save their blushes :D

There probably wasn't much less Dundalk fans there than there was Fingal.

DSB wrote: »
    Sporting Fingal and everything about them are absolutely hilarious.

Glad to entertain. Because everything about your club is a complete tragedy.
    The fact that yous always feel the need to slam fingal says a lot about your club and how far you have fallen. The fact that a club that hasnt even been playing for a full season so far can annoy you so much is sad really.

Iv said it before and ill say it again, Bitter

Haha awh, how many points are we ahead of you again?

How many times have you beaten us in the league this year? You can try again next season :D

How many times have you beaten us in the league this year? You can try again next season :D

Entirely irrelevant. You can beat us 4 times a season to be honest, if we're still in a situation like this going into the last game:D

Dont you just love injury time :D

Haha awh, how many points are we ahead of you again?

Does it matter now. :D

Aha how funny is this. You have slated us all season. And now you have to put up with us next year. How fuming are you now.

Dont expect an answer. DSB only answers when Shels are doing well:p

Should check those finances also. Could be in trouble now

Entirely irrelevant. You can beat us 4 times a season to be honest, if we're still in a situation like this going into the last game:D

Aha:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1049/

“We will make a loss this season. Again, it’s publicly known, I’ve quoted it. Somewhere between maybe €70k and €100k we will lose this year. But if we win the league, we get €60k, which will nearly wipe it out,” he said.

OOPS

At this rate we could still get promoted next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Not entirely irrelevant. If you sussed us out just once this season you'd be promoted.

I don't believe we would have been. If we'd been closer to Dundalk nearer to the end of the season I don't think they'd have allowed themselves that horrible dip towards the end.

And Fingal fans can really say what they want, twas a heartbreaking night but at least we were up there with a chance unlike Fingal who finished 8 points behind us. At least we're still in with a chance if Drogs get relegated like they should be.

If the drogs get relagated, im sure finn harps will get a reprive if they get a licence if not then cobh or ucd. I doubt shels would get a premier licence next year due to their finances and money still owed to the tax man.
    Nobody at Sporting expected to get promoted this year and to finish where we did was in my eyes a good season and a good marker for next season. I feel we have a really good chance of winning the league next year.
    Sporting Fingal IS the future of football in Ireland.
    We will have a stronger squad next year.:D

I don't believe we would have been. If we'd been closer to Dundalk nearer to the end of the season I don't think they'd have allowed themselves that horrible dip towards the end.

Right:rolleyes:
    And Fingal fans can really say what they want, twas a heartbreaking night

I would feel a bit more sympathy for you but you and some shels fans have been so disrespectful toward fingal that i find it hard not to smile about the outcome. I never went into this season to dislike shels, but some shels fans have dished it out big time. So now take it and move on. No doubt sometime in the near future we will be back on the recieving end of the slagging. This is football and this is why we love it so much. If it didnt hurt when you are down, it wouldnt be so great when you are up.
    but at least we were up there with a chance unlike Fingal who finished 8 points behind us. At least we're still in with a chance if Drogs get relegated like they should be.

The words clutching and straws comes to mind.

The words clutching and straws comes to mind.

Thats it exactly to be honest, but until Fingal are in this situation, you won't have any idea what this feels like. And it isn't just the result, but the manner of it moreso. 30 seconds away.

I didnt just start supporting football this year you know. Iv had plenty of football heartache over the years. Every football fan has.

Chin up and roll on next season i say.

Two big glamor Dublin derbies for you now.:D

I didnt just start supporting football this year you know. Iv had plenty of football heartache over the years. Every football fan has.

If you're referring to British clubs from the TV, its just not the same and you'll learn that in due course.

• Advertisement

If you're referring to British clubs from the TV, its just not the same and you'll learn that in due course.

Im not just referring to british clubs. (I do love my leeds though).

For me the worst heartaches have been from the national side. Macedonia
    anyone.

But i wont argue the point that this type of heartache happening while watching your team live isnt the worst.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement