Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Went to a SF v Shels match. Shels fans held up a banner
    " 3 things that should'nt exist: Jade Goodie, The Human appendix & Sporting Fingal"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Went to a SF v Shels match. Shels fans held up a banner
    " 3 things that should'nt exist: Jade Goodie, The Human appendix & Sporting Fingal"

I heard Shels launched a new jersey this week with a new sponsor (Tampax)
    Speaking at the launch marketing manager for the company stressed that 'it is very apt for us to tie in with Shelbourne FC at this point given the bad period they are currently going through'

I heard people like to steal jokes from foot.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

DSB wrote: »
    I heard people like to steal jokes from foot.ie

Hence the 'I heard'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

As for Shels, well unfortunately Shels have to plan for the short-term, because we pretty much have to get out of Tolka. None of us really know where that will be for sure, and depending on where it is it'll determine how the club reaches out to the community. I'd be hoping that once we've got our new ground and are on a slightly more secure footing, then everything will be done to reach out to our new community, wherever that may be.

Especially the part where you say none of us know where we will be for sure. Priceless :)

Just as i thought. Head is in the clouds my friend.

Im done. Let me know when you have finished your usual rant.

What are you talking about? No Shels fan denies the problems that were created in the past, but steps have been taken to get ourselves back on track. All plans kinda revolve around getting out of Tolka first, but at least we're kinda working within in our means in the meantime.

What are you talking about? No Shels fan denies the problems that were created in the past, but steps have been taken to get ourselves back on track. All plans kinda revolve around getting out of Tolka first, but at least we're kinda working within in our means in the meantime.

:confused:

Huge steps have been taken to get the club back on track, even though the club is still operating at a loss. The difference now from a few years ago is collossal. We would have broke even this season,if it wasn't for that Scanlon fella (yeah I know ifs and buts), so thats a nice start to work off. The SSDG does great work for the club, Joe Casey did some great work getting in some of the friendlies we had during the summer, Celtic, Leeds and Milwall are mighty impressive. Keely and Davis have gone around themselves getting businesses to sponsor their wage fund. The aim at Shels is clearly to live inside our means. If we can get promoted doing that, obviously our means increase significantly, but thankfully we aren't chasing pipedreams anymore.

Huge steps have been taken to get the club back on track, even though the club is still operating at a loss. The difference now from a few years ago is collossal. We would have broke even this season,if it wasn't for that Scanlon fella (yeah I know ifs and buts), so thats a nice start to work off. The SSDG does great work for the club, Joe Casey did some great work getting in some of the friendlies we had during the summer, Celtic, Leeds and Milwall are mighty impressive. Keely and Davis have gone around themselves getting businesses to sponsor their wage fund. The aim at Shels is clearly to live inside our means. If we can get promoted doing that, obviously our means increase significantly, but thankfully we aren't chasing pipedreams anymore.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Oh lord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Our officials have closely studied the Norwegian model and the end product will see an LOI team at the apex of a feeder system of 60 odd local clubs who will provide a steady supply of talent to us. There'll also be the academy to nurture and develop this stream. The academy will be in the east of the county and will complement the one in the west.

You do realise the NDSL are absolute piss right?:pac:

Oh lord.

:)
    SantryRed wrote: »
    You do realise the NDSL are absolute piss right?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

You do realise the NDSL are absolute piss right?:pac:
    Presumably a lot of those clubs would play in the DDSL?

Presumably a lot of those clubs would play in the DDSL?

Nope, I'm nearly positive it's the NDSL which the link is being set up with it.

Shane McFaul has signed for Sporting Fingal. To give you an idea how good he is- definitely on par with Conan Byrne, probably better.

Good news. Is it confirmed? Was starting to wonder when our first signing would happen.
    Conan was great for us last season(on and off the pitch).

Not confirmed but as good as a done deal.

Also, Paul Byrne has been released to the best of my knowledge.

Not confirmed but as good as a done deal.

Also, Paul Byrne has been released to the best of my knowledge.

Sorry to hear about byrne if that is the case. With a longer run in the team i think he could have been good for us.

Whats the story with signings? About a month ago, every Premier player in the league was being linked with Fingal, but now it just seems to be the UCD lads. Is it all just a hush hush job or are Fingal finding it hard to attract top quality even with the bags of money?

• Advertisement

Whats the story with signings? About a month ago, every Premier player in the league was being linked with Fingal, but now it just seems to be the UCD lads. Is it all just a hush hush job or are Fingal finding it hard to attract top quality even with the bags of money?

OMG how funny is this:pac:

You wanted to criticize us for spending too much, now you are criticizing us for spending too little. Make up your mind. The usual Pathetic shels bull**** from DSB. Get a grip.

PS.
    Merry Christmas DSB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

You's will win the 1st division next year. ;)

OMG how funny is this:pac:

You wanted to criticize us for spending too much, now you are criticizing us for spending too little. Make up your mind. The usual Pathetic shels bull**** from DSB. Get a grip.

PS.
    Merry Christmas DSB

It was actually a genuine question as opposed to a criticism.

It was actually a genuine question as opposed to a criticism.

;) right.

Where was my merry christmas. :(

;) right.

Where was my merry christmas. :(

You broke my heart with the pathetic remark. I can't have a merry one anymore:(

The Councils new sports facility has been earmarked for Lusk.

Here are some details retrieved from the the Fingal Independant.

• 10 million Fingal complex has gone out on public display
    • To be built on council owned site to the north of Station Road in Lusk
    • The 5.7 hectare site will be home to a complex that includes an indoor pitch and two outdoor, floodlit pitches with a seating capacity close to 5,000
    • Originally it was to be just a soccer academy for the fingal community but it has now had a change of philosophy to open it up to other sports such as rugby and juvenile GAA
    • Parking for 210 cars. But for major events it will use a 700 car overflow carpark half a mile away.
    • One of the outdoor floodlit pitches will have permanent covered seating for 4,200 spectators with tempory seating for a further 560 people
    Here are links to two more fingal independant articles. Which show a picture of the facility.

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/new...s-1589968.html

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/new...k-1589966.html

progress.gif

Looks really nice. Might be dodgy sharing with the GAA though. Those boys do not like football.

So, back to the serious question.

Who have Fingal signed?:confused:

Looks really nice. Might be dodgy sharing with the GAA though. Those boys do not like football.

Agreed. Would much prefer it was just football.
    Im guessing the backing of the FAI is no longer so they have to open to other sports for financial reasons.
    So, back to the serious question.

Who have Fingal signed?:confused:

Nobody:confused:

But do you really think that will be the case when the season starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Where will you's be playing this season? Staying in Santry?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement