Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Sporting Man

dsmythy wrote: »
    Are they all signed and delivered officially? Also any defenders by any chance or is it a case of score goals first, ask questions later?

all Signed ,some of the others are defenders just a matter of tidying up ther contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

You should be concentrating on getting that stadium built before increasing the wage bill ala Dublin City fc. Are the financial backers fully funding this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Those are some mighty impressive signings. Would be surprised if you don't go up this season. Gonna be up ****s creek financially in a few years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

So what sort of team will Fingal be putting out?

Quigley

???
    Maher
    ???
    ???

C Byrne
    McFaul
    Williams
    ???

O'Neill
    Zayed

Would be challenging for Europe if they were in the Premier Division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

So what sort of team will Fingal be putting out?

Quigley

???
    Maher
    ???
    ???

C Byrne
    McFaul
    Williams
    ???

O'Neill
    Zayed

Would be challenging for Europe if they were in the Premier Division.

Don't be getting ahead of yourself there.

• Advertisement

Word on the street is Doyle will be staying at his request. Dinny staying to i also heard Flood failed a medical and fitness test and intrested was lost in him and Rodgers also request to come back ????????????????foot.ie.gif
    still talking with Bohs Centre half name i dont know yet.
    Id be glad if Doyle signed hes a handfull but i put my faith in Liam and John to manage him maybe he learned from sitting on the beanch the last 6 weeks of the season.

i also heard Flood failed a medical and fitness test

Absolute rubbish. Chap has signed a contract with Shelbourne for next season yonks ago, and would have absolutely no fitness problems.

DSB wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish. Chap has signed a contract with Shelbourne for next season yonks ago, and would have absolutely no fitness problems.

How can you say rubbish when he was out for most of the end of last season with ligament damage to his knee a problem that wont go away the older you get i know only to well and it takes a lot of rehab and training to get back to full fittnes and who in there right mind with all going in the league would sign a contract so early before checking out other options.

How can you say rubbish when he was out for most of the end of last season with ligament damage to his knee a problem that wont go away the older you get i know only to well and it takes a lot of rehab and training to get back to full fittnes and who in there right mind with all going in the league would sign a contract so early before checking out other options.

See now you're just making up lies, theres video footage of Anto Flood confirming he would be at Shels this season even before the injury, so its not as if he just dived at the contract. He signed with 5 or 6 other players from last season. They're all carrying injuries too I assume? Flood was back for the last 10 or 11 games last , and played like his old self.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

See now you're just making up lies, theres video footage of Anto Flood confirming he would be at Shels this season even before the injury, so its not as if he just dived at the contract. He signed with 5 or 6 other players from last season. They're all carrying injuries too I assume? Flood was back for the last 10 or 11 games last , and played like his old self.

Minus the goals:D

• Advertisement

Whats the story with signings? About a month ago, every Premier player in the league was being linked with Fingal, but now it just seems to be the UCD lads. Is it all just a hush hush job or are Fingal finding it hard to attract top quality even with the bags of money?

:D:P

Whats the point in quoting that? I specifically asked was it a hush hush job, which it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Linked with Stephen Paisley in the Indo.

Also, don't know if I already mentioned it on this thread, Ian Bermingham will probably sign for Fingal.

Whats the point in quoting that? I specifically asked was it a hush hush job, which it was.
    Is it all just a hush hush job or are Fingal finding it hard to attract top quality even with the bags of money?

Thats my point. Dont try and deflect. You know what i meant. Although you wont admit it;)

anladmór wrote: »
    very interested to see you this season. can i ask what kind of crowds are you getting on average?

Not great to be fair. We average around the 650 mark. Which for this league is about the fourth or fifth best attendance. Our highest for the season was around the 1200 mark. Our lowest was around the 300 mark.Come to a few matches. See what you think. Looks like its going to be a good season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Not great to be fair. We average around the 650 mark. Which for this league is about the fourth or fifth best attendance. Our highest for the season was around the 1200 mark. Our lowest was around the 300 mark.Come to a few matches. See what you think. Looks like its going to be a good season.

Will have to move to Croker if they keep signing the kind of talent they are attracting:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

650?

My hole.

SantryRed wrote: »
    650?

My hole.

Foot.ie did an unofficial attendance thread where each clubs attendances where kept. We are one of the clubs that gave out official attendances. Which where logged onto this thread. There are some home games missing which would probably drop the average attendance there by 50 to 80 aprox. I said around 650 so i dont think i was exagerating there. But hey i dont have to. It doesnt take much to bring the shels moron brigade on here. There is a small few of you who really give your club a bad name. Do us all a favour and get over it PLEASE. Tired of Trolls.

FIRST DIVISION
    Athlone - 387 (670; 421; 316; 291)
    Dundalk - 1,459 (1,406; 1,078; 474; 591)
    Kildare - 241 (243; 265; 186; 298) (missing Monaghan 2, Fingal 2 and Waterford 2)
    Limerick - 517 (670; 364; 669; 188)
    Longford - 406 (885 PD; 681 PD; 1,004 PD; 1,131 PD)
    Monaghan - 177 (292; 204; 183; 182) (missing Kildare 2, Waterford 2 and Wexford 2)
    Shels - 986 (888; 1,690 PD; 1,949 PD; 2,158 PD)
    Sporting Fingal - 688 (N/A) (missing Kildare (both), Waterford (both))
    Waterford - 670 (1,181 PD; 915 PD; 1,513 PD; 1,753 PD)
    Wexford - 767 (810)

Edit. What i was trying to say was Shels Beautiful fans and im tired of Moles. Ugly skin deformities :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

It doesnt take much to bring the shels moron brigade on here. There is a small few of you who really give your club a bad name. Do us all a favour and get over it PLEASE. Tired of Trolls.

Report. Post. Function.

Calling people morons and trolls isn't going to do you any favours.

Foot.ie did an unofficial attendance thread where each clubs attendances where kept. We are one of the clubs that gave out official attendances. Which where logged onto this thread. There are some home games missing which would probably drop the average attendance there by 50 to 80 aprox. I said around 650 so i dont think i was exagerating there. But hey i dont have to. It doesnt take much to bring the shels moron brigade on here. There is a small few of you who really give your club a bad name. Do us all a favour and get over it PLEASE. Tired of Trolls.

FIRST DIVISION
    Athlone - 387 (670; 421; 316; 291)
    Dundalk - 1,459 (1,406; 1,078; 474; 591)
    Kildare - 241 (243; 265; 186; 298) (missing Monaghan 2, Fingal 2 and Waterford 2)
    Limerick - 517 (670; 364; 669; 188)
    Longford - 406 (885 PD; 681 PD; 1,004 PD; 1,131 PD)
    Monaghan - 177 (292; 204; 183; 182) (missing Kildare 2, Waterford 2 and Wexford 2)
    Shels - 986 (888; 1,690 PD; 1,949 PD; 2,158 PD)
    Sporting Fingal - 688 (N/A) (missing Kildare (both), Waterford (both))
    Waterford - 670 (1,181 PD; 915 PD; 1,513 PD; 1,753 PD)
    Wexford - 767 (810)

Angsty. Anyways, wasn't the Fingal attendances slightly skewed due to those family tickets that legislated for 4 people even if there were only 2?

• Advertisement

Angsty. Anyways, wasn't the Fingal attendances slightly skewed due to those family tickets that legislated for 4 people even if there were only 2?

Just got a bit browned off. It happens. I did say a small minority of shels fans. Of course not you DSB oh wait there was that time, NAH:)

Attendances where counted with clickers. Not ticket stubs.

Linked with Stephen Paisley in the Indo.

Also, don't know if I already mentioned it on this thread, Ian Bermingham will probably sign for Fingal.

Stephen Paisley is now a Sporting Player.

Stephen Paisley is now a Sporting Player.

Nice:D

Putting together a really nice looking squad now. Im presuming the majority of last years squad will be staying also.

Definitely favourites for the league this year, but I've a weird feeling you'll bottle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Definitely favourites for the league this year, but I've a weird feeling you'll bottle it.

Depends if the team play together well. We're not clear favourites. Joint-faves with Shels, nothing more.

What, like yous did;):D

I think both clubs will be promoted. Us as champions of course.

Nice:D

Putting together a really nice looking squad now. Im presuming the majority of last years squad will be staying also.

Not sure how many i was talking to Chris Deans and he was offered a contract put could not do full time due to his job and hes getting hiched this year he could not give up his job and take the chance. i would say there are a lot in the same position.

Jaysus, have Fingal gone fulltime?

Jaysus, have Fingal gone fulltime?

Ill take it this is not a smart comment and reply so Yes all full time next season. Inc Back room staff.

• Advertisement

Its not really a smart comment, just genuine shock. How are they going to afford this longterm?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement