Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Sporting Man

DSB wrote: »
    Its not really a smart comment, just genuine shock. How are they going to afford this longterm?

I think they looked at it and decided to spend now and get out of the 1st instead of spending more over a few years trying to. Bucko thinks one of the things he needs to do to get to the Prem is to go full time. to many players missing training and turning up late for matches last season ie: Hynes stuck in London and arrived 5min before the game Vs pats replay.
    and others late and missing away games because they could not make the team bus all because of work.it gos on in other clubs im sure but going full time cuts this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Going full time will help considerable with gelling the team together faster. Their fitness levels will be greater than most of the other teams in the division. This will give Sporting another advantage (along with the players we sign) over the other teams in the division. Dont get me wrong, I am a bit worried we might be over stretching a little bit but ill cross that bridge if it comes.

Any more news on friendlies and will any be at morton. Are we having one against Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ill take it this is not a smart comment and reply so Yes all full time next season. Inc Back room staff.

Next season as in 2010 or the season we're pretty much at the start of now?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Any more news on friendlies and will any be at morton. Are we having one against Derry
    Going to Spain to play some team over there. Also playing Rovers and Cork so I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Full time?

Jesus Christ.

That's bollocks by Buckley btw. Need to be full time to go up:pac:

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Full time?

Jesus Christ.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Going to Spain to play some team over there. Also playing Rovers and Cork so I heard.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

SantryRed wrote: »
    Full time?

Jesus Christ.

Looking for an edge in fitness and to help fight the predicted gelling problems with so many signings. Don't have to be full time to go up sure, but it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

dsmythy wrote: »
    Looking for an edge in fitness and to help fight the predicted gelling problems with so many signings. Don't have to be full time to go up sure, but it helps.

Do Fingal fans honestly not give a fiddlers about how their club is run?

Do Fingal fans honestly not give a fiddlers about how their club is run?

NO. Shels fans do enough of that, so we dont have to. Cheers on that by the way.;)

• Advertisement

You're very welcome. If only I'd gotten there sooner with your beloved Leeds;)

You're very welcome. If only I'd gotten there sooner with your beloved Leeds;)

What. Are you implying that leeds over spent, thus sending the club into a spiral down the leagues which may take 10 years to recover from.
    Oh my god im starting to see a pattern in the teams i support.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

No way Leeds can be compared to an Eircom League Team. The FA are run that little bit better then our FAI.;)

Fingal have made some quality signings and I'm gonna tip them for 1st, in saying that I'm hearing stuff that leads me to believe you will be playing PD football this season. The stadium though is a drawback I'm hearing also.

Any light you cna shed on this?

No way Leeds can be compared to an Eircom League Team. The FA are run that little bit better then our FAI.;)

Fingal have made some quality signings and I'm gonna tip them for 1st, in saying that I'm hearing stuff that leads me to believe you will be playing PD football this season. The stadium though is a drawback I'm hearing also.

Any light you cna shed on this?

Eh no. Sorry:confused:

First I heard of it. Personally I hope thats not the case. I would much rather win the 1st div and earn the right to go up.

Hey sporting man.
    Any idea whats up with the Sporting Fingal website. Hasnt been an update in ages. The site needs some improving to be honest. Any new potential fans may be looking up the club on the inter web. The site does not paint a very good picture of the club. Lacking in info.

Eh no. Sorry:confused:

First I heard of it. Personally I hope thats not the case. I would much rather win the 1st div and earn the right to go up.

There were sounds made about it ,down to a lot of ifs and buts dont know names but i heard there could be two Prem teams with no choice but to apply for the 1st next season and only Fingal saying they would take one of these places if there going. as i said these are only here say at the moment but i have seen things happen with the league we will never explain wait for next week to see hows granted what.

Hey sporting man.
    Any idea whats up with the Sporting Fingal website. Hasnt been an update in ages. The site needs some improving to be honest. Any new potential fans may be looking up the club on the inter web. The site does not paint a very good picture of the club. Lacking in info.

I spoke to Colim it should be updated soon,waiting to get it all done together new players,fixture list ect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Yeah, I knew I heard right. I think it would be disgraceful on the FAI's behalf to let you lot go up ahead of us or Waterford. But they have ways of dealing with things which I wouldn't want to call into question.

That is all just hearsay. The FAI might be bad, but they aren't going to blatantly disregard rules that the whole league is well aware of. It will be ranked according to league finish last season. Anyone who can't get a Premier Licence won't go up. But UCD and Shels will almost definitely get 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Fri. 13 19:45 Derry City 0 - 0 Sporting Fingal The Brandywell Friendly
    Fri. 27 19:45 Bray Wanderers 0 - 0 Sporting Fingal Carlisle Grounds Friendly

These and other teams friendlies can be found on extratime.ie

• Advertisement

Yeah, I knew I heard right. I think it would be disgraceful on the FAI's behalf to let you lot go up ahead of us or Waterford. But they have ways of dealing with things which I wouldn't want to call into question.

Why Waterford? We finished ahead of them.

Anyway as i said, I hope this doesnt happen

Newsflash, Sporting Fingal have been awarded the event team Award for last season this award gos to the club with the best marks troughtout the season before ,during and after each game it Inc prem and 1st Div clubs and is awarded to all the event team. we are all invited to Abbotstown next week for a presentation. nice to see all the training and courses the club paid for went to good use. at least we won something this year lol.

Newsflash, Sporting Fingal have been awarded the event team Award for last season this award gos to the club with the best marks troughtout the season before ,during and after each game it Inc prem and 1st Div clubs and is awarded to all the event team. we are all invited to Abbotstown next week for a presentation. nice to see all the training and courses the club paid for went to good use. at least we won something this year lol.

Fair play. Congrats

Rumour has it, Alan Kirby is joining us.

Some news about it on eleven a side

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=35723

Will Conan Byrne be going full time or keeping his marketing job next season?

Will Conan Byrne be going full time or keeping his marketing job next season?

Id imagine he could do both.

How would he pull that one off?

How would he pull that one off?

I dont know if he is or not. (going fulltime that is)
    But the routines of a full time footballer do not take up a full day. He can carry on doing his job when not training. If the work load requires more hours he can delegate or work longer hours. I dont know what the work ethic of Conan is but if its anything like what he does on the pitch then i wouldnt be worried and neither should you. Nice of you to worry though. Shows you care.

• Advertisement

Latest signings are:
    Alan Kirby from St. Patrick's Athletic and Gareth Whelan from Drogheda Utd.
    League of Ireland fans will know Alan well but maybe not so Gareth.
    He is 21-year old centre-back with ten appearances for Drogheda's first team.
    Manager Liam Buckley said: "These are two vital signings for us. Alan is a player with considerable experience in the League of Ireland and is a huge addition.
    Gareth is a someone I have been looking at for several months and am delighted he has come on board. He is a player I think we develop even further into an established defender.
    The squad list (so far) is:
    Darren Quigley (loan)
    James Hussey
    Brian Gannon
    Shaun Williams
    Gareth Whelan
    Philip Byrne
    Stephen Paisley
    John Frost
    Shane Mc Faul
    Shaun Maher
    Fiachra McArdle
    Colm James
    Conan Byrne
    Alan Kirby
    Daniel Corcoran
    Ross Gaynor
    Robbie Doyle
    Eamon Zayed
    Gary O'Neill

Also, there has been a pre-season programme scheduled but a lot of this is provisional. The weather is also having an affect on this but I will post it when confirmed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement