Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Neither is Gannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

Is he not part of that Golden Circle?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

He is and cymro is ignoring the fact that he is an absolute crook because he is involved with the football club he supports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Sporting Man

http://clubs.a2zsoccer.com/sportingfingal/Home/tabid/1259/Default.aspx

Hes not a supporter hes the owner just one of many companys he ownes witch have nothing to do with NIB. So you may as well give up the witch hunt now kid, Gannon is here to stay for the long term.

Link to new web site above lads,also had a great week in Spain as far as i can see it was well worth while the team has bonded very well and look great, friendly Vs Bray on Saturday in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

DSB wrote: »
    He is and cymro is ignoring the fact that he is an absolute crook because he is involved with the football club he supports.

Ah DSB up to the old tricks again i see.

There has been plenty of time in this thread where you have failed to reply to certain things when you couldnt come up with an answer.

Your club was envolved with plenty of sordid little deals in the past and just because it was 3 or 4 years ago doesnt give you the right to forget that fact. (those in glasshouses and all)
    And it doesnt give you and some other shels fans the right to go around commenting on every other club s business and citicising them. You have only been running your club properly for 2 to 3 years:rolleyes: and how long before your club starts to f*ck up again. AHHHHHHHHH I feel better now:D

• Advertisement

First i dont care where the money comes from and secondly you are calling him a crook just because you read a small article in the paper and dont know for FACT whether he is a crook or not.
    Shels have a history of dodgy dealings so you are not in a position to judge others. Are you just jealous that Fingal have money at the moment and Shels are on their last legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

http://clubs.a2zsoccer.com/sportingfingal/Home/tabid/1259/Default.aspx

Link to new web site above lads,also had a great week in Spain as far as i can see it was well worth while the team has bonded very well and look great, friendly Vs Bray on Saturday in Bray.

Alternatively we can stick with the simpler www.sportingfingal.ie

The mind games begin. I suppose they have to do what little they can:D

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=35970

If there is anyone in the D15 area wanting a lift to the Bray match tomorrow send me a pm before 2 tomorrow.

cymro wrote: »
    If there is anyone in the D15 area wanting a lift to the Bray match tomorrow send me a pm before 2 tomorrow.

are you lep

• Advertisement

ye. are you lamper?:D

ye. are you lamper?:D

How did you guess. Your good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Are Anglo Irish Banks still a sponsor of yours, can't see anything about them on the new website?

:P

How come Shels are sponsored by the Criminal Assets Bureau:D?

Your club was envolved with plenty of sordid little deals in the past and just because it was 3 or 4 years ago doesnt give you the right to forget that fact. (those in glasshouses and all)
    And it doesnt give you and some other shels fans the right to go around commenting on every other club s business and citicising them. You have only been running your club properly for 2 to 3 years:rolleyes: and how long before your club starts to f*ck up again. AHHHHHHHHH I feel better now:D

Are you not aware that the club is under completely different ownership now? And is run by completely different people with the ambition to run ourselves as a sustainable club. Shels served their punishment for all their sins and have been languishing in the graveyard as a result. And 2 or 3 years is still longer than Fingal has ever been run properly. And I'll say it again, Gerry Gannon is an absolute crook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Shels have a history of dodgy dealings so you are not in a position to judge others.

That's right, a history. A very successful history at that. 2 seasons is how long you're gonna last in this league paying them sort of wages, big investor or not. Your "creators" will get bored soon and realise there is actually no profit to be made from this league and concentrate their efforts on saving their other assets in this recession.

Are you not aware that the club is under completely different ownership now? And is run by completely different people with the ambition to run ourselves as a sustainable club. Shels served their punishment for all their sins and have been languishing in the graveyard as a result. And 2 or 3 years is still longer than Fingal has ever been run properly. And I'll say it again, Gerry Gannon is an absolute crook.

Did you actually read, no wait. Understand what i actually said.

Just because you are now doing it by the book does not give you the right to go around passing judgment on other clubs. The fact of the matter is, your club was shady. Did you not support the club when they where run by the previous owners?

Good job on trying to deflect away from my point. Something you accuse others of doing. As i said, DSB up to his old tricks.

I have to say, its getting tired, the poor me attitude of some shels fans. Get over it, for all our sakes. Yous are letting your great club down.

That's right, a history. A very successful history at that. 2 seasons is how long you're gonna last in this league paying them sort of wages, big investor or not. Your "creators" will get bored soon and realise there is actually no profit to be made from this league and concentrate their efforts on saving their other assets in this recession.

Iv missed you. Your insightful posts are an absolute pleasure to read. This thread has been a little bit colder since your last post. So gifted with your words, your thoughts, how can us mere mortals compete. Well ill tell you my friend, we cant. I take my hat off to you

PS. thats sarcasm in case you didnt realise:p

Iv missed you. Your insightful posts are an absolute pleasure to read. This thread has been a little bit colder since your last post. So gifted with your words, your thoughts, how can us mere mortals compete. Well ill tell you my friend, we cant. I take my hat off to you

PS. thats sarcasm in case you didnt realise:p

I take it, by your use of sarcasm I've hit a soft spot. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that fact.;)

I take it, by your use of sarcasm I've hit a soft spot. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that fact.;)

Or what you said made little to no sense and im completely disinterested in what you have to say so all i can do is be sarcastic to your posts.
    I wonder which it is:D. Your a clever guy you work it out

• Advertisement

I wonder which it is:D. Your a clever guy you work it out

I don't know, I'm not inside that franchise following little mind of yours. It wouldn't be healthy for my extremely clever brain;).

In all seriousness though, would you answer me a question please. Why do you support Sporting Fingal? What possible attraction do they have that was absent in any of the other local teams in the last 10 years?

I don't know, I'm not inside that franchise following little mind of yours. It wouldn't be healthy for my extremely clever brain;).

In all seriousness though, would you answer me a question please. Why do you support Sporting Fingal? What possible attraction do they have that was absent in any of the other local teams in the last 10 years?

Shels are not local to my area and neither are bohs or ucd. At the moment neither are Sporting Fingal but that will change

The fact the club represents my area is the reason I started to support them and I liked the idea of starting with something that was at the beginning of its history and watch how it developes. I have been thinking of supporting a team for a while but didnt want to just jump into one and go hey look im a Bohs fan or Shels fan. I heard fingal was starting a club and i thought great. I knew very little about the club except that we would be competing in the A league so I decided i would go to games in that league. I had no idea we would get into the 1st division like we did and I had no idea we would have the financial backing we have. I decided to support them purely because they where in my area and i was looking for some live football. I love my football and im developing my love for my new club. Im no different than the majority of other fans at other clubs.

I think some of you guys need to start representing your club a little better. Shelsbourne deserves a little better than what some of its fans are giving her.

I think some of you guys need to start representing your club a little better. Shelsbourne deserves a little better than what some of its fans are giving her.

You've been saying stuff like this for a while now and I just don't get it. My opinions do not represent Shelbourne FC in any shape or form, nor does anyone on this forums. I'll love what I want, hate what I want, and be indifferent towards what I want, and it doesn't really impact the club in any way.

You've been saying stuff like this for a while now and I just don't get it. My opinions do not represent Shelbourne FC in any shape or form, nor does anyone on this forums. I'll love what I want, hate what I want, and be indifferent towards what I want, and it doesn't really impact the club in any way.

Why am i not surprised it would be you that answered first. I guess you assume im talking about you. Ill leave it up to you to decide if i am or not.

You not getting it. Says it all.

All you Fingal fans are the same, you just don't get why the majority of the league despises you and your "club".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

All you Fingal fans are the same, you just don't get why the majority of the league despises you and your "club".

Without Fingal i wouldn't even be a LOI fan.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Without Fingal i wouldn't even be a LOI fan.

Exactly, fairweather fan.

Explain please. Without the generic answer please.

I answered your question with what i thought was a decent answer. Care to comment on what was said.
    To be honest the only ones who seem to have a major problem is mainly certain shels fans. I have heard a few negative from other clubs but its mainly shels. I wonder why this is. Come on lads support your club with a little more dignity, its the least you owe your club.

Exactly, fairweather fan.

No. Fingal fan

• Advertisement

Why am i not surprised it would be you that answered first. I guess you assume im talking about you. Ill leave it up to you to decide if i am or not.

You not getting it. Says it all.

I wasn't really referring to myself at all, I just used myself as an example. I don't mind if you were or not. I'm happy with myself like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement