Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Explain please. Without the generic answer please.

Basically, the last thing this country and it's league needs is another Dublin based club. I know it seems harmless but you're taking away money from clubs who are already well established in the league. It's not as if you would need the money, as I'd say you're club could run the whole of this season with half the attendances you have regularly.

2 years your club has existed and some of your fans go around like they are a proven team in the league and are famous like Rovers or Shels.

Call it jealousy if you will, as I reckon that would be the typical response from a Fingal fan. But of course you're going to not say that now because I pointed that out.

Also, just want to let you know, April should be an interesting month for you lot;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Basically, the last thing this country and it's league needs is another Dublin based club. I know it seems harmless but you're taking away money from clubs who are already well established in the league. It's not as if you would need the money, as I'd say you're club could run the whole of this season with half the attendances you have regularly.

2 years your club has existed and some of your fans go around like they are a proven team in the league and are famous like Rovers or Shels.

Call it jealousy if you will, as I reckon that would be the typical response from a Fingal fan. But of course you're going to not say that now because I pointed that out.

Also, just want to let you know, April should be an interesting month for you lot;)

Its jealousy:P Not because its a typical response, It is jealousy because its a fact. Why else waste so much of your time commenting on our club.

Im sorry but you failed to give any credible argument against our club existing except the usual crap i have been hearing for a year now. Give me a credible reason and maybe we can debate it. Until then:P

DSB wrote: »
    I wasn't really referring to myself at all, I just used myself as an example. I don't mind if you were or not. I'm happy with myself like.

riiiiiggghhhhtt;)

Im sorry but you failed to give any credible argument against our club existing except the usual crap i have been hearing for a year now. Give me a credible reason and maybe we can debate it. Until then:P
    Myself wrote:

Read that again please and also think about it. Do you actually realise what I'm trying to put forward to you?

Don't go telling someone to go away when you don't want to take on board what they have to say.

Read that again please and also think about it. Do you actually realise what I'm trying to put forward to you?

Don't go telling someone to go away when you don't want to take on board what they have to say.

:rolleyes:

Let me help you.
    Im sorry but you failed to give any credible argument against our club existing except the usual crap i have been hearing for a year now. Give me a credible reason and maybe we can debate it. Until thentongue.gif

Simple really.

Oh and when did i actually tell you to go away. Please stay and comment but with something worth reading. My jealous little shels fan:)

• Advertisement

I tell you what. Explain these and lets see where you are coming from.

(1) Basically, the last thing this country and it's league needs is another Dublin based club. I know it seems harmless but you're taking away money from clubs who are already well established in the league.

(2) It's not as if you would need the money, as I'd say you're club could run the whole of this season with half the attendances you have regularly.

(3) 2 years your club has existed and some of your fans go around like they are a proven team in the league and are famous like Rovers or Shels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Exactly, fairweather fan.

How does that make me a fairweather fan? Here's me thinking that a fairweather fan meant something else.

Fingal are the only team i'd consider supporting because they came into existence the same year my interest was peaked in the LOI and they were the closest team to my home.

You my friend are an idiot. I cannot talk to you. You can't read and understand the points I'm putting forward so theres no point in me wasting my time talking about this.

You, as a matter of fact, are making an impression of Fingal and it's supporters. The impression that they're all know it all bigot c*nts who think they are gods because they're being funded by a big investor while the rest of the league is surviving on it's own means.

When you're club is rubble around your ankles after people get tired of you, I'll come back.

Slan go foil.;)

You my friend are an idiot. I cannot talk to you. You can't read and understand the points I'm putting forward so theres no point in me wasting my time talking about this.

You, as a matter of fact, are making an impression of Fingal and it's supporters. The impression that they're all know it all bigot c*nts who think they are gods because they're being funded by a big investor while the rest of the league is surviving on it's own means.

When you're club is rubble around your ankles after people get tired of you, I'll come back.

Slan go foil.;)

Pah! Fairweather objector! ;)

Slan go foil.;)

I gave you the opportunity to expand on what you where talking about and you couldnt. As i thought you cant back your comments up. Instead you just go off on one to mask the fact you dont know what you are talking about. If you had of read and understood what i wrote in response to your question earlier you would have known that me supporting fingal has nothing to do with the money thing but hey i guess it was too much for me to expect you to understand that.
    I dont appreciate Sporting Fingal bashing just for the sake of it and that my friend is what you where doing. You wanted an argument and you got one but when it became a little to difficult for you to respond with intelligent comments, you just go off on one and get personal.

I guess it was me who was wasting my time

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    How does that make me a fairweather fan? Here's me thinking that a fairweather fan meant something else.

Fingal are the only team i'd consider supporting because they came into existence the same year my interest was peaked in the LOI and they were the closest team to my home.

+1 Funny how some people have a problem with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I'm on the Fingal Express for as long as its moving. It might bring me far or it might run out of juice along the way. Its a nice big shiny bus and people will get on at the beginning of the journey and might get off some time down the road. Others will get on at various stops along the way and enjoy the ride with us. This bus is a big bus full of hope and expectation and when it goes by ,people on other buses look at it and say
    " there goes a nice big shiny bus with plenty of juice in the tank and happy passengers and i wish i had their bus instead of this old wreck of thing"
    Rizla my dear man/girl etc you can get on our bus if you wish and we can continue the happy but maybe rocky journey until the driver says its time to get off until next year. No need to stand outside your old bus with your mouth wide open wishing you were on our bus , put out your hand and we will pick you up.
    The Fingal Express will be coming past your door soon so hop on and come with us to the promise land :D

Dont be Jealous of The Fingal Express as your bus may be nice big and shiny some day.:D

cymro wrote: »
    I'm on the Fingal Express for as long as its moving. It might bring me far or it might run out of juice along the way. Its a nice big shiny bus and people will get on at the beginning of the journey and might get off some time down the road. Others will get on at various stops along the way and enjoy the ride with us. This bus is a big bus full of hope and expectation and when it goes by ,people on other buses look at it and say
    " there goes a nice big shiny bus with plenty of juice in the tank and happy passengers and i wish i had their bus instead of this old wreck of thing"
    Rizla my dear man/girl etc you can get on our bus if you wish and we can continue the happy but maybe rocky journey until the driver says its time to get off until next year. No need to stand outside your old bus with your mouth wide open wishing you were on our bus , put out your hand and we will pick you up.
    The Fingal Express will be coming past your door soon so hop on and come with us to the promise land :D

Dont be Jealous of The Fingal Express as your bus may be nice big and shiny some day.:D

Absolutely classic:D

I could have saved myself 4 or 5 posts with that analogy.

cymro wrote: »

That is the most ridicoulous comparison I have ever read on an internet forum.

You're comparing a football club to a bus, it is not a bus.

Buses travel from town to various places, pick up passengers, follow specific routes and have four wheels and windows and some of them are double decker buses. So basically you're saying Fingal is a minor scale bandwagon? That people will hop on and hop off depending on the certain situation?

I know I said I'm gone but I just cant believe what has just been said.

As for you Lamper, I did back my comment's up and now you're just talking bull.
    to make yourself look smart.

That is the most ridicoulous comparison I have ever read on an internet forum.

You're comparing a football club to a bus, it is not a bus.

Buses travel from town to various places, pick up passengers, follow specific routes and have four wheels and windows and some of them are double decker buses. So basically you're saying Fingal is a minor scale bandwagon? That people will hop on and hop off depending on the certain situation?

I know I said I'm gone but I just cant believe what has just been said.

As for you Lamper, I did back my comment's up and now you're just talking bull.
    to make yourself look smart.

Oh my god. This is getting even more laughable if that is possible.

Where exactly did you back them up. I asked you to explain three points and as of yet you hav nt. Your wasting my time. If you have something intelligent to add to this thread by all means do but please do us and your club a favour and keep the crazy to somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Well, the fact is that the club is there and the season starts this weekend.

I'm gonna head down to Waterford for the opening game, and am then looking forward to the first home game the following Friday.

No matter what the politics or anything else involved, it's a football club, and I enjoy watching the guys play. It has re-ignited my interest in LOI football.

Paulw wrote: »
    Well, the fact is that the club is there and the season starts this weekend.

I'm gonna head down to Waterford for the opening game, and am then looking forward to the first home game the following Friday.

No matter what the politics or anything else involved, it's a football club, and I enjoy watching the guys play. It has re-ignited my interest in LOI football.

+1

I explained my points fully and I thought maybe you would understand. Maybe you just choose not to understand them which is cool, no biggy.

And whats laughable about it? Basically, you're mate summed up Fingal as a bandwagon? That's not acceptable and as much as it is a common thing, some people look down on that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Probably a nil all draw for yous tonight.

I explained my points fully and I thought maybe you would understand. Maybe you just choose not to understand them which is cool, no biggy.

And whats laughable about it? Basically, you're mate summed up Fingal as a bandwagon? That's not acceptable and as much as it is a common thing, some people look down on that sort of thing.

I have been trying to get you to elaborate on the points you made but since they are not really your thoughts but just some crap you heard some other shels fan mutter at a game or in a pub or maybe for you, on the playground. I doubt you will ever be able to elaborate because i feel its beyond you.

yeah thats what Cymro was trying to say:rolleyes:
    I think you should have given up when you said you where. Its getting embarrassing for you know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

or maybe for you, on the playground.

You're all on very thin ice at the minute folks. I suggest you all tone it down a bit.

I speak my own mind, I don't need anyone else to tell me what I think.

What you don't seem to get is, the points I made are pretty clear cut. You're just looking for a reason to piss me off and make yourself sound smart when you're not, you don't f*cking get it, you never will.

As for the playground remark....now now:p

SantryRed wrote: »
    Probably a nil all draw for yous tonight.

Very nearly was and all. 2 point advantage to you, for now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

One of my mates said the goal you scored was a joke, went out for a throw but you's got a corner and scored from the resultant corner.

Good to know you's brought marginally more to the RSC last night than to Tolka last season, a whole 45 fans in the RSC I've been told.:pac:

Lamper or dsmythy, neither of you were wondering where Waterford Crystal was last night by any chance?

One of my mates said the goal you scored was a joke, went out for a throw but you's got a corner and scored from the resultant corner.

Good to know you's brought marginally more to the RSC last night than to Tolka last season, a whole 45 fans in the RSC I've been told.:pac:

In a time of recession as well! Slow but sure.

I speak my own mind, I don't need anyone else to tell me what I think.

What you don't seem to get is, the points I made are pretty clear cut. You're just looking for a reason to piss me off and make yourself sound smart when you're not, you don't f*cking get it, you never will.

As for the playground remark....now now:p

:confused:

No. I was actually trying to understand why you thought that way. You where unable to give me some answers. thats all

Ok im done. its pointless

Lamper or dsmythy, neither of you were wondering where Waterford Crystal was last night by any chance?

Ah Gavin Gavin Gavin. Nice to know you have changed your arguments from a year ago. Its nice to see you have moved on.;)

A slagging about attendances from a shels fan when their club has been around for a while and could only just get over 1000 for their first game of the season:rolleyes:. We get accused of being fairweather supporters, tell that to all those so called shels fans that dont go to watch shels anymore. How the mighty have fallen.
    I always find it amusing when a league of Ireland fan slags another club over attendances. All attendances in both divisions are pitiful.
    Come on man. Come up with something better or at least new.:p

To be honest, it dosen't matter if the average attendance is 40 or 20000. There still figures and compared to the other Dublin clubs, 45 in Waterford on a Saturday is a horrible away following for such a "big" club like Fingal:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Did I say club, I meant Franchise.

To be honest, it dosen't matter if the average attendance is 40 or 20000. There still figures and compared to the other Dublin clubs, 45 in Waterford on a Saturday is a horrible away following for such a "big" club like Fingal:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Did I say club, I meant Franchise.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Whatever about the number of fans that attended, the Sporting Fingal lads certainly sang louder than the locals.

In fairness, I've seen the same number, or fewer travel from Waterford to Dublin, or from Limerick, Athlone, Monaghan, Longford or even Wexford. Slagging travelling fans is a bit shallow.

Conditions in the 2nd half of the game were poor, with howling wind and rain. Easy for the ref/linesman to make a mistake, but I will have to say that giving the corner was actually correct. The ball went out over the end line, but was blown back in by the wind and out across the sideline. The linesman on the opposite side saw the ball clearly go out and flagged to award the corner.

I was actually there, so didn't hear from someone who heard from someone ..... The goal wasn't a joke at all, and was well taken.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement