Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

:confused:

Head firmly placed in sand.

Paulw wrote: »
    Whatever about the number of fans that attended, the Sporting Fingal lads certainly sang louder than the locals.

In fairness, I've seen the same number, or fewer travel from Waterford to Dublin, or from Limerick, Athlone, Monaghan, Longford or even Wexford. Slagging travelling fans is a bit shallow.

Travelling fans are what shows how much of a hardcore fanbase a team has. Any football fan can tell you that.

From Waterford to Dublin is a different story, we live in a bigger city so therefore, we're expected to have the better away support;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

:eek: omg :pac:

OK. Completely bored now and uninterested. I need more adult conversation

Im looking forward to the first home game this week.
    Hopefully 3 points to kick off the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Travelling fans are what shows how much of a hardcore fanbase a team has. Any football fan can tell you that.

From Waterford to Dublin is a different story, we live in a bigger city so therefore, we're expected to have the better away support;)

It was a decent away support considering the weather on a sat night in poor weather for travelling and football. Apart from shels and dundalk last season, no other team had more than 40 fans away at Morton.
    Why come on here and post nothing but wind up posts? All you do is trying to score points like my dad is better than your dad etc. I dont care what your views of the mighty Sporting is , we are here and going up so deal with it .
    I dont care about shels either or how many fans they have at games or what goes on behind the scenes.
    By posting on here you are showing that you are interested in Sporting which shows people care so thank you.:D

cymro wrote: »
    thank you.:D

No bother, and just for the record my Da probably is better than yours

• Advertisement

The planning permission has been approved for our new home in Lusk.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=36061

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Why Fingal are moving to Lusk I'll never understand. Backarse of nowhere.

DSB wrote: »
    Why Fingal are moving to Lusk I'll never understand. Backarse of nowhere.

Dont worry your little head about it

Sounds like a nice little complex at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

The sooner the better Sporting Fingal move.

• Advertisement

The sooner the better Sporting Fingal move.

Agreed. Its essential to the future of the club

Just a little article on eleven-a-side about Sporting Fingal

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/blogs/viewblog.asp?bid=347

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Bad result at home vs UCD tonight. 1 - 0 loss!

Even backed a home win!! :(

Terrible stuff. On clear cut chances, UCD deserved the win.

What was the attendance?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

What was the attendance?

If thats not a joke, then I honestly don't see the point in Fingal being in business. Ploughing all that money in, creating a massive buzz about it in the process, playing another Dublin team who while don't have a massive fanbase could still bring a decent enough few down the road since its about as far a journey as a home game, and theres still only that amount there for the first game. If people aren't willing to travel to Santry for games then what the hell is gonna happen when the club moves out to Lusk?

And I know its the Fingal fan/Lamper policy to dismiss any criticism from Shels fans without giving any kind of answer but I'm actually dying to hear how this is gonna be in any way sustainable. There was no need for the club, and no demand for it and its showing.

And I know its the Fingal fan/Lamper policy to dismiss any criticism from Shels fans without giving any kind of answer but I'm actually dying to hear how this is gonna be in any way sustainable. There was no need for the club, and no demand for it and its showing.

Good point that. There were 300 Reds in Monaghan last night, half of that said attendance.

No point in comparing that to Shels, we're not really the bar to compare a club thats a year old and pouring money into the squad for. That took quite a few years to come about. But Gerry Gannon or no, pumping that sort of money into a team that 666 people are gonna come watch in a Dublin derby is a waste of money and pointless.

I await the typical Lamper brushoff, but I'd honestly love to see the point of Sporting Fingal. All these big plans and so far all thats been shown is money. I dunno if theres big marketing campaigns going on, but if people aren't coming to the first home match in 4 months, it simply isn't working.

If thats not a joke, then I honestly don't see the point in Fingal being in business. Ploughing all that money in, creating a massive buzz about it in the process, playing another Dublin team who while don't have a massive fanbase could still bring a decent enough few down the road since its about as far a journey as a home game, and theres still only that amount there for the first game. If people aren't willing to travel to Santry for games then what the hell is gonna happen when the club moves out to Lusk?

The Fingal attendance tonight really has led me to believe they won't last 3 seasons. Playing against a side just down the road from you, you should be able to muster up better than that. Ours wasn't particularly amazing either, but the Fingal attendance tonight was just terrible.
    Fingal on the other hand should still be feeling the benefits of having the novelty of being a relatively new club. If people aren't out supporting the club now, I can't see whats going to make them. 100 or so fans at a game in Dublin against one of the sides promotion rivals just doesn't fill me with confidence that the club is going to last 5 years.
    The fact remains that there is simply no room for Sporting Fingal as a club. They'll never be able to bring in enough people from the Dublin/Fingal area to keep them going.
    Of course there'll be a few people who like the novelty of having Fingal on the name of the club, but there isn't going to be enough to sustain a fanbase every week.
    Big question, how do Sporting intend to function once Gannon's initial input is gone? Is the plan to be continuously financed by Gannon's money or is there plans in place to get the regular 2000 average gate needed to cover their current wage bill, never mind any increases that would be needed to compete properly in the Premier. That is a genuine question by the way.
    Fingal are currently following a very dangerous business model, speculating to accumulate, which saw Shels completely fall apart
    Fingal are doing too much, too fast, without the fanbase to do it, and I really think it will bite them in the ass, even sooner still if they fail to gain promotion this season.
    Those are some mighty impressive signings. Would be surprised if you don't go up this season. Gonna be up ****s creek financially in a few years though.
    Its not really a smart comment, just genuine shock. How are they going to afford this longterm?

It all starts to get a little boring. When the same person keeps going on and on and on and on about the same old stuff. Iv had this debate with you before so you will have to excuse me if i dont plough through the same old argument again and again (below links will help)

Yeah. I always dismiss or brushoff the criticism without giving any kind of answer:rolleyes:check hear to refresh your memory. Just keep reading down the page

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055205208&page=19

And here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055205208&page=34

It is you my friend who get cornered and suddenly you dont reply or dodge the points that where made, you then wait for the thread to move on so you can then come back in with another point to create an argument. I only like to debate with people who can see both sides to an argument. Its a waste of my time to keep arguing with the same people about the same topics when these people will never be open enough to see the other persons argument. Again you embarass your club. Its a pity GAVIN or DES dont post on here more often, at least they represent their club with a bit more dignity.

Oh and the UCD having a decent few down to our game thingy you mentioned:rolleyes: was actually about 30 to 40.

OH wait i forgot to talk about Rizzlas imput

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

OH wait i forgot to talk about Rizzlas imput

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Grand, do that from now on. Even hearing that your online scares me cause I know I'm going to be hit with some pointless roundabout pathetic response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

666 people?

Really? Where did all those fans come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

SantryRed wrote: »
    666 people?

Really? Where did all those fans come from?
    That's pretty close to their average crowd from last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lamper.sffc - Your last post is starting to get personal in relation to other posters. If you have a point to make, then make it & get over it. Keep it civil.

Rizzla King - Don't rise to the bait.

All - Anyone have a problem with this - PM me & don't drag this thread any further off-topic. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Its a pity GAVIN or DES dont post on here more often, at least they represent their club with a bit more dignity.

Your so nice Lamper.

/blushes

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Lamper.sffc - Your last post is starting to get personal in relation to other posters. If you have a point to make, then make it & get over it. Keep it civil.

Rizzla King - Don't rise to the bait.

All - Anyone have a problem with this - PM me & don't drag this thread any further off-topic. Thanks.

I think he was simply making the point that certain people are posting the same argument over and over again.

You a shels man Billy?

Let us the Sporting Fingal fans worry about moving to Lusk or who is our investor or our attendances or our results. There is no need for you to be so concerned and i hope you show the same concern towards your own team as you do towards ours.

Your so nice Lamper.

/blushes

:D

God its hard work being a fingal fan. Good fun though:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I think he was simply making the point that certain people are posting the same argument over and over again.
    Lamper.sffc & I have sorted that out.
    You a shels man Billy?
    Wrong shaped ball for my taste. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement