Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Cmon Wales :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Heard a rumour about us signing a left back called Lorcan Fitzgerald. Anybody know anything about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

I know the name but can't figure out where from. Probably Football Manager 09 actually.:p

Fairly decent in that anyway.:D

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4741695348

Is it this lad? Played for swords and shels and now with west ham

Could be.

Some lad on bebo said he was signed and i remember Sporting man saying we might be getting one more player for the left back position from england.

Edit

ah there we go
    may be one more signing before the weekend Bucko hopes,cant say but coming back from England and plays Left full the only position he has no cover for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

cymro wrote: »
    Let us the Sporting Fingal fans worry about moving to Lusk or who is our investor or our attendances or our results. There is no need for you to be so concerned and i hope you show the same concern towards your own team as you do towards ours.

Unless you wanna make this a thread for Sporting Fingal fans only, then you can shove that idea where the sun don't shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

It all starts to get a little boring. When the same person keeps going on and on and on and on about the same old stuff. Iv had this debate with you before so you will have to excuse me if i dont plough through the same old argument again and again (below links will help)

Yeah. I always dismiss or brushoff the criticism without giving any kind of answer:rolleyes:check hear to refresh your memory. Just keep reading down the page

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055205208&page=19

And here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055205208&page=34

It is you my friend who get cornered and suddenly you dont reply or dodge the points that where made, you then wait for the thread to move on so you can then come back in with another point to create an argument. I only like to debate with people who can see both sides to an argument. Its a waste of my time to keep arguing with the same people about the same topics when these people will never be open enough to see the other persons argument. Again you embarass your club. Its a pity GAVIN or DES dont post on here more often, at least they represent their club with a bit more dignity.

Oh and the UCD having a decent few down to our game thingy you mentioned:rolleyes: was actually about 30 to 40.

OH wait i forgot to talk about Rizzlas imput

:pac::pac::pac::pac:
    You lads are probably better off starting a superthread in the soccer forum. It would be moderated a lot better.

But would still inevitably take 5 billion times more abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Here it's hidden from alot of the fans. Apart from a clever few:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

DSB wrote: »
    Unless you wanna make this a thread for Sporting Fingal fans only, then you can shove that idea where the sun don't shine.
    DSB - Personal abuse will not be tolerated. Keep it civil.
    You lads are probably better off starting a superthread in the soccer forum. It would be moderated a lot better.
    DmanDmythDledge - If you have a problem with the moderation of this thread then PM me your concerns. Otherwise stay on topic & discuss the footie not the moderation.

• Advertisement

But why do you get so stressed out about Sporting Fingal? All you do is search for any bad press or negativity just so you can have a pop.
    Try and direct your concerns towards shels for a change or just chill out winston man.

I think somebody is a little wound up. Anyway back to fingal

Hill Billy wrote: »
    DSB - Personal abuse will not be tolerated. Keep it civil.]
    Sorry about that.
    cymro wrote: »
    But why do you get so stressed out about Sporting Fingal? All you do is search for any bad press or negativity just so you can have a pop.
    Try and direct your concerns towards shels for a change or just chill out winston man.

I'm not stressed out for Fingal. I dislike Fingal, and fundamentally disagree with what they're doing, and the impact it'll have on the league when they do a Dublin City. The league has been through enough rubbish already. I don't understand this 'direct your concerns towards Shels' nonsense that I keep hearing, if I make 1 or 2 posts about Fingal a week, I don't think that is taking away from my support of Shels in any way. Or does that just serve as a nice oul cliche to support your 'if you've nothing good to say, say nothing at all' argument?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Wexford fan here heading to the game on Friday, just wondering how much ye charge students? Trying to convince a few college friends to tag along.

We could really do with something from the game after a bad performance against Waterford last Friday. Sloppy defending has cost us dearly so far, with only Shelbournes first goal (header by Madden) against us being any way "good" at all. And even at that our left full allowed Ritchie Baker get his cross in too easily. We've found it tough in front of goal aswell, with Gavin Doyle being our only real threat up front. Should hopefully all change when Gary Sheehan (played with Limerick last year) comes back from injury.

Sounds like ye have been struggling so far aswell? Looking at your suqad list I can't see us getting anything from the game, but would love a point. This would at least get us off the mark before two easier games against Longford and Athlone.

Sorry about that.

I'm not stressed out for Fingal. I dislike Fingal, and fundamentally disagree with what they're doing, and the impact it'll have on the league when they do a Dublin City. The league has been through enough rubbish already. I don't understand this 'direct your concerns towards Shels' nonsense that I keep hearing, if I make 1 or 2 posts about Fingal a week, I don't think that is taking away from my support of Shels in any way. Or does that just serve as a nice oul cliche to support your 'if you've nothing good to say, say nothing at all' argument?

Look. DSB, your point is taken it was taken the first time you made it and the countless other times after that. The real reason you hate Fingal is not what you are saying, I know that and most reading your posts would know that aswell. Its quite obvious by tone and topic of most of your posts that its a little bit more than just how we impact on the league. IMO shels fans are still very angry about what happened to them and rightly so, because of this anger they lash out at other clubs and especially the new club sporting fingal, we are the perfect target for your anger. We have the backing of the council and FAI and have money at the moment when yous have none of this. I can understand the anger to a certain degree, But mate ultimately it was your clubs fault you got yourselves into this. We have not done anything yet to embarass the league while your club has and yet you still support them and give out about us. If you where that concerned about how the league appears to others, shouldnt your anger still be directed at your club.

We are a club trying to survive and become successfull, it may well fail. I think most fingal fans understand that but if it doesnt we will be one of the best run football clubs in the league and thats a fact.

Can we just leave it there. You are welcome to post here any time even the negative but just change the record sometimes it gets a little boring having the same arguments over and over as i said recently.

Best of luck this weekend and lets just focus on the football because at the end of the day thats what really counts.

Alyosha wrote: »
    Wexford fan here heading to the game on Friday, just wondering how much ye charge students? Trying to convince a few college friends to tag along.

We could really do with something from the game after a bad performance against Waterford last Friday. Sloppy defending has cost us dearly so far, with only Shelbournes first goal (header by Madden) against us being any way "good" at all. And even at that our left full allowed Ritchie Baker get his cross in too easily. We've found it tough in front of goal aswell, with Gavin Doyle being our only real threat up front. Should hopefully all change when Gary Sheehan (played with Limerick last year) comes back from injury.

Sounds like ye have been struggling so far aswell? Looking at your suqad list I can't see us getting anything from the game, but would love a point. This would at least get us off the mark before two easier games against Longford and Athlone.

Its only €5 in for students.
    We need the points also. While the team looks good on paper we havnt gelled yet. I hope we do against your lot. Yous had a very good result against us last time at Morton. Im hoping we get a little revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

SantryRed wrote: »
    666 people?

Really? Where did all those fans come from?

I think 666 fans was more to do with it being Friday the 13th, rather than an actual attendance number. :D

Its only €5 in for students.
    We need the points also. While the team looks good on paper we havnt gelled yet. I hope we do against your lot. Yous had a very good result against us last time at Morton. Im hoping we get a little revenge.

Grand job, same as ourselves with the fiver concession, should be able to convince 1 or 2 to come along anyway.

Paulw wrote: »
    I think 666 fans was more to do with it being Friday the 13th, rather than an actual attendance number. :D

The announcer may have had the paper the wrong way round and it may have been 999 :D

I think Wexford will do better than last season and finish in the top 4

• Advertisement

Heard a rumour about us signing a left back called Lorcan Fitzgerald. Anybody know anything about this?

He signed today.

Look. DSB, your point is taken it was taken the first time you made it and the countless other times after that. The real reason you hate Fingal is not what you are saying, I know that and most reading your posts would know that aswell. Its quite obvious by tone and topic of most of your posts that its a little bit more than just how we impact on the league. IMO shels fans are still very angry about what happened to them and rightly so, because of this anger they lash out at other clubs and especially the new club sporting fingal, we are the perfect target for your anger. We have the backing of the council and FAI and have money at the moment when yous have none of this. I can understand the anger to a certain degree, But mate ultimately it was your clubs fault you got yourselves into this. We have not done anything yet to embarass the league while your club has and yet you still support them and give out about us. If you where that concerned about how the league appears to others, shouldnt your anger still be directed at your club.

We are a club trying to survive and become successfull, it may well fail. I think most fingal fans understand that but if it doesnt we will be one of the best run football clubs in the league and thats a fact.

Can we just leave it there. You are welcome to post here any time even the negative but just change the record sometimes it gets a little boring having the same arguments over and over as i said recently.

Best of luck this weekend and lets just focus on the football because at the end of the day thats what really counts.

Fair enough, but your point is wrong. My dislike for Fingal has nothing to do with the predicament Shels were in. We'd played a season in Division 1 before Fingal even came into existence. Claiming Fingal are one of the best run football clubs in the league is also far from a fact.

Fair enough, but your point is wrong. My dislike for Fingal has nothing to do with the predicament Shels were in. We'd played a season in Division 1 before Fingal even came into existence. Claiming Fingal are one of the best run football clubs in the league is also far from a fact.

Just to correct. I said if we manage to survive we will be one of the best run clubs in the league. By survive, I mean last long enough to get into the ground in lusk. We will always be in a battle to attract fans until we set down a permanent base IMO.

Do you think bisto will get a start this week. How has Hynesy performed so far. He was a descent player last year for us. He didnt always score goals but did set up a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Just to correct. I said if we manage to survive we will be one of the best run clubs in the league. By survive, I mean last long enough to get into the ground in lusk. We will always be in a battle to attract fans until we set down a permanent base IMO.

Do you think bisto will get a start this week. How has Hynesy performed so far. He was a descent player last year for us. He didnt always score goals but did set up a few.

Fair point that.

I'd like to see Bisto on the bench as he'll be fresh when he comes on so we can change the game if it's all going pear shaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Sporting Fingal being featured on Capital D on RTE 1 right now.

Fair point that.

I'd like to see Bisto on the bench as he'll be fresh when he comes on so we can change the game if it's all going pear shaped.

Well its worked for yous that way so far. Doesnt he have 2 in 2 coming from the bench.

Buck_Naked wrote: »
    Sporting Fingal being featured on Capital D on RTE 1 right now.

Yeah seen that. It was a good little piece on the club. The marketing strategy this season has been quite good. The idea of going to the schools in fingal to get the kids to sign up to Sporting fingal club is a great idea. They get some club merchandise and they will be taking the kids for training sessions in the future. I think its something like 3 or 4 hundred kids signed up already and if only a percentage of those go on to be future supporters of fingal it will be worth it.

yay a win.
    While not the greatest performance you will ever see, there was glimpses of what this team is capable of (especially in the second half). How good was Kirby and Byrne.

Fcek me that was a bad game!

We haven't played as poor all season, created absolutely nothing going forward. Not surprising really seen as we had a young fella up front who was never in the panel before, he was never going to win anything against your centre half (big fella, no.6 I think). Zayed's goal right on half time really killed us, we looked pretty solid defensively until then.

Having seen Shels/Waterford/Fingal now my favourites for the league are Shels. Fingal have potential, and passed it around a lot better than Waterford did against us, and can see ye making a definite challenge for promotion. Don't know how you're going to sustain yourselves as a club once your funding is pulled though, dismal attendance there last night for a full-time outfit.

About the only highlight of the night was the coffee and biscuits in the clubhouse at half-time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Well its worked for yous that way so far. Doesnt he have 2 in 2 coming from the bench.

Yeah exactly. Looks like he didnt get a chance last night, subbed off mid way through the game even though he looked to me like he was destined to get a goal. Paddy Madden came on and scored the winner:D Dermo's good at these substitutions. Was a piss poor performance and a sh*te match.

Who scored the second for Fingal?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement