Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Who scored the second for Fingal?

Conan Byrne got the 2nd goal. Not a bad game, but in reality Fingal should be doing a lot better. They are just not yet playing to their potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Paulw wrote: »
    Conan Byrne got the 2nd goal. Not a bad game, but in reality Fingal should be doing a lot better. They are just not yet playing to their potential.

Same with us. We're just lucky with our dug out results. The season should get very interesting when both teams do get going properly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

As part of Sporting Fingal Football Club’s school promotions scheme, the club has begun to roll out its Freddie the Fox Supporters Club programme.

The scheme, aimed at kids between the ages of 5 and 12, encourages school-children to sign up to the junior supporters club.

For just €5, each child receives a Freddie the Fox gift pack, including a Sporting Fingal gift, Freddie the Fox poster, and a membership card which entitles the child to free entry to all home games this season. The kids will also receive visits from Sporting Fingal players over the course of the year. The players will assist in coaching sessions as well as educational talks on topics such as healthy eating and anti-racism.

As this is a non-profit scheme, all money raised from the Freddie the Fox Supporters Club goes directly to the school and the club encourages each school to use the money to purchase sports equipment.

Sporting Fingal Club Promotions Officer Conor Cullen says the scheme has been a huge success.

“The interest in it has been brilliant so far," said Cullen. "We’ve got over 350 kids already signed up, and that’s only in a handful of schools. Hopefully in the next few weeks we can have few hundred more sign up.

“The schools are so keen to sign up, as are the kids. Hopefully it will result in improved equipment for the schools, improved attendances at our games, and most importantly that the kids get some enjoyment from it.”

8 nil:eek:.

Good display from us, terrible from Kildare. From that showing i would find it hard to argue that it is kildare who are going down and not mervue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

8 nil:eek:.

Good display from us, terrible from Kildare. From that showing i would find it hard to argue that it is kildare who are going down and not mervue.

Haha yeah they'll almost definitely be down there again. Awful side. Hopefully they don't get a reprieve next season.

• Advertisement

DSB wrote: »
    Haha yeah they'll almost definitely be down there again. Awful side. Hopefully they don't get a reprieve next season.

Totally agree. I thought they where poor last season but this season :eek:

I guess preparing for the A championship and suddenly getting a reprieve isnt the best thing for kildare at the mo.

To be honest with the way the FAI run things I think they'd been told a good bit before they'd be in the league. Drogheda had apparently been told a good bit before they were getting one, and appointed Matthews on that basis.

A few lads talking on foot.ie about the waterford v Fingal game and how waterford may have played a suspended player. They say the sun newspaper mentioned, there is a comittee meeting about it on wednesday to see if sporting will be handed a 3 nil victory. Have no idea if there is any truth to this, just wondering had anybody else heard about it.

Edit

It has been confirmed in the Fingal independant. Waterford utd fielded a player (Kieran Fitzgerald) who had been sent off the previous week in a munster senior cup tie. According to the official rule book, where a player has been sent off in any other official FAI competition then he must serve his suspension in the next available game (which was the fingal game)
    The matter has been handed over to the disciplinary commission of the FAI and they will meet this wednesday to discuss the matter. If they find that the player should not have played due to suspension then sporting will be handed the 3 points along with a 3 nil scoreline.

He was on the list of suspensions yeah, so it looks like Fingal will be given the win. However in the Waterford Athlone case last year it was overturned upon appeal so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same happen. And I wouldn't understate the role of John Delaney to help Waterford in this.

He was on the list of suspensions yeah, so it looks like Fingal will be given the win. However in the Waterford Athlone case last year it was overturned upon appeal so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same happen. And I wouldn't understate the role of John Delaney to help Waterford in this.

Couldnt understand why it was overturned last year. Was there a reason given. I cant remember. (or was it just the Delaney factor)

• Advertisement

Couldnt understand why it was overturned last year. Was there a reason given. I cant remember. (or was it just the Delaney factor)

Well the Delaney factor would have done the opposite so no, I'm not sure why myself, but if it was overturned by Delaney against Waterford, I'd assume this time around it won't just be overturned, Delaney will give Waterford the 3 nil win to punish Fingal for being crybabies against his cherished Wahurfor.

However, this would imply Waterford are ok because the Munster Senior Cup isnt directly run by the FAI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munster_Senior_Cup_(association_football)

Well the Delaney factor would have done the opposite so no, I'm not sure why myself, but if it was overturned by Delaney against Waterford, I'd assume this time around it won't just be overturned, Delaney will give Waterford the 3 nil win to punish Fingal for being crybabies against his cherished Wahurfor.

was it waterford who got the 3 nil win and then it was taken back. I was thinking it was the other way around. Ah well no matter. If we get the points great, if we dont then no big deal.

was it waterford who got the 3 nil win and then it was taken back. I was thinking it was the other way around. Ah well no matter. If we get the points great, if we dont then no big deal.

Yeah Athlone had fielded an ineligible player, and Waterford were given 3 points, then Shels beat them and ended their chances of winning the league, and a week later it was overturned on appeal. Take that from what you will.

I wouldn't believe everything you read on wikipedia. ;)

That was some win last weekend. Disappointed now that I couldn't travel to it. The game this Friday should be very interesting. Hopefully a few more goals.

I wouldn't believe everything you read on wikipedia. ;)

That was some win last weekend. Disappointed now that I couldn't travel to it. The game this Friday should be very interesting. Hopefully a few more goals.

I was at the game myself. I think i missed 3 of the goals going in, there where so many. Expect a tougher match this week but if we play like that we will get the win (I HOPE):o

Another 3 points and another Zayed goal. Happy enough even if the performance wasnt great.

They still seem like they're getting to know each other. Robbie is the same as always though, but he seems to be more playing out on the wing now.

Horrible conditions last night, just so wet out there.

But, as you said, another 3 points.

They still seem like they're getting to know each other. Robbie is the same as always though, but he seems to be more playing out on the wing now.

Horrible conditions last night, just so wet out there.

But, as you said, another 3 points.

We are playing with Zayed up on his own with Doyle and Conan Supporting on each flank. It might revert back to two up when O Neil is fit again. Im also wondering, is the fact that our pitch is quite small hindering us a bit at the moment. Id imagine the size of the pitch would help teams who are willing to come to Morton and defend.
    Wont be able to go to the next game but I cant wait for the shels one. Also next weekend shels and UCD face each other so someone is going to lose their 100% record. A UCD win or draw is the best possible outcome for Fingal (imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Monaghan twice away over the easter weekend :(

• Advertisement

I'd prefer to see Zayed and Doyle up front, as a pair, with Conan and Fiachra on the wings. That would give good pace and width to the team, as well as striking options.

Still, as long as they are getting the goals, and keeping it tight at the back, it's a good thing.

I wasn't too impressed with Paisley as left full on Friday. He's very much a centre half, rather than a left back.

I'd prefer to see Zayed and Doyle up front, as a pair, with Conan and Fiachra on the wings. That would give good pace and width to the team, as well as striking options.

Still, as long as they are getting the goals, and keeping it tight at the back, it's a good thing.

I wasn't too impressed with Paisley as left full on Friday. He's very much a centre half, rather than a left back.

I know what you saying. Would prefer two up myself. Buckley might be doing it to accommodate Kirby. Kirby might not make a good centre midfielder (defensively) without the support of two other midfielders. From what i have seen so far Kirby is quality but if he was in the center of midfield and we played with two out and out wingers, we might end up exposed. I would like to see kirby play the wing in a 4-4-2 instead of Fifi although midfield might then be a bit inexperienced:confused:. Would have been nice to have held onto Cafrey.

I totally agree about Cafrey. Even Peter Heynes was a great strike partner for Doyle, but Zayed should be a lot more capable in that regard.

Maybe a 4-3-1-2 strategy would work, with Kirby sitting behind the front two. They would need someone strong to hold the midfield, and I've yet to see someone who can really fill that role.

I feel that Doyle is a bit wasted out on the wing, since Conan and Fiachra are much more capable in those positions.

But, Buckley seems to know what he's doing, and time will tell.

Lorcan Fitzgerald signs for Sporting.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=36358

I'm surprised it has taken so long for the announcement. Lorcan was at the game against Finn Harps, but watched from the press box (with a few of the other players). Another very good addition to the squad.

In fairness, Sporting Fingal have a good and deep squad at this stage. It looks very hopeful for the season.

Good result yesterday. Was happy enough that UCD beat Shels because I feel ultimately the challenge for top spot will come from shels. That said, its still a great start for UCD. You couldnt argue either that they havent faced descent sides in their opening fixtures. Us, harps and shels away from home. Not that easy in fairness.

Good result yesterday. Was happy enough that UCD beat Shels because I feel ultimately the challenge for top spot will come from shels. That said, its still a great start for UCD. You couldnt argue either that they havent faced descent sides in their opening fixtures. Us, harps and shels away from home. Not that easy in fairness.

Are Harps not crap this year? But yeah, we were absolutely outclassed last night, although the game seemed to be turning in our favour at 2-1 until Dave McGill got himself sent off petulantly. Thankfully McGill's suspension is no big deal for the Fingal game, as long as McAllister's injury doesn't keep him out for the game, he would never have got in the team anyway, it'll be Doyle slotting in for Cassidy most likely.

Are Harps not crap this year? But yeah, we were absolutely outclassed last night, although the game seemed to be turning in our favour at 2-1 until Dave McGill got himself sent off petulantly. Thankfully McGill's suspension is no big deal for the Fingal game, as long as McAllister's injury doesn't keep him out for the game, he would never have got in the team anyway, it'll be Doyle slotting in for Cassidy most likely.

There not great but not the worst either from what i seen against us. But they have lost again tonight so maybe worse than i first thought.

Whats the situation with McAllister. Did the injury look bad.

We will probably be without O'neil and Mcfaul. Club stated last week they where still a couple of weeks from full fitness.

There not great but not the worst either from what i seen against us. But they have lost again tonight so maybe worse than i first thought.

Whats the situation with McAllister. Did the injury look bad.

We will probably be without O'neil and Mcfaul. Club stated last week they where still a couple of weeks from full fitness.

McAllister should be grand apparently its just a dead leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

...it'll be Doyle slotting in for Cassidy most likely.
    Meenan surely? Doyle is muck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement