Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I think Doyle fits in the Keely masterplan a bit better, but maybe I'm wrong, I'd probably have Meenan myself, but I don't think thats what will happen. Doyle has played a good bit this season, Meenan only came on once in Mervue and incidentally set up the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

After another good weekend for us, we now have the shels game to look forward to. Looks like we are hitting form at the right time for this game.
    Hopefully a good game with a descent crowd helped by shels away fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

This should be a very good game on Friday. I think Fingal will be more than strong enough to get a result.

There should be a good crowd too, being a local derby.

Now, we just need some good weather.

If Shels play like they did last night, god help yas, haven't got a chance.
    If we play like we did on Friday against UCD, you'll probably win.

DSB wrote: »
    If Shels play like they did last night, god help yas, haven't got a chance.
    If we play like we did on Friday against UCD, you'll probably win.

Well, from what i heard, Dundalk barely even tried to put up a fight. Its not really the competition to be basing your form on to be honest. I would expect yous to come to morton looking to keep it tight and hope yous nick a goal. Like most of your games so far in the league.

• Advertisement

Well, from what i heard, Dundalk barely even tried to put up a fight. Its not really the competition to be basing your form on to be honest. I would expect yous to come to morton looking to keep it tight and hope yous nick a goal. Like most of your games so far in the league.

We're without 2 midfielders so I think the plan is to play the same way as we did against Dundalk and play 4-3-3 and just come at yous for 90 minutes. It'll be Flood, Hynes and Madden up front, and you'll want to have some serious pace in your defence if you're to have any hope of coping with the boy wonder Madden. What a magnificent young player, way too good for this league. Zayed who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

hunter164 banned for a month. Do not post abusive messages here again or your ban will be permanent. HB

We're without 2 midfielders so I think the plan is to play the same way as we did against Dundalk and play 4-3-3 and just come at yous for 90 minutes. It'll be Flood, Hynes and Madden up front, and you'll want to have some serious pace in your defence if you're to have any hope of coping with the boy wonder Madden. What a magnificent young player, way too good for this league. Zayed who?

:D I hope yous do play that way. Will make for an open game which will play into our hands.
    We have been playing the same formation ourselves since O Neil has been out.
    You will find out who Zayed is on Friday and Conan and Williams and Kirby, should i go on.

Looking forward to seeing this madden chap. I always look forward to seeing a bit of quality no matter what the team. Sure if he does well enough we will get him in the summer transfer window:p

:D I hope yous do play that way. Will make for an open game which will play into our hands.
    We have been playing the same formation ourselves since O Neil has been out.
    You will find out who Zayed is on Friday and Conan and Williams and Kirby, should i go on.

Looking forward to seeing this madden chap. I always look forward to seeing a bit of quality no matter what the team. Sure if he does well enough we will get him in the summer transfer window:p

From Bohs? How big do you think you lads are?

• Advertisement

From Bohs? How big do you think you lads are?

He is a loan signing, didnt know that. Dont really keep up to date with who yous sign.

He is a loan signing, didnt know that. Dont really keep up to date with who yous sign.

Concentrating down on the battle with Waterford for 3rd place?

Concentrating down on the battle with Waterford for 3rd place?

We will see.;)

Doubt i will hear much from you after friday. You may want to go into hiding after this one.

Interesting list of top scorers in Division 1 so far

Scorer Goals
    Ciaran Kilduff 5
    Eamonn Zayed 4
    Shaun Williams 4
    Conan Byrne 4
    Willie John Kiely 4

Should be a good clash tomorrow, especially if the game is open and flowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

I'm not confident at all ahead of this game. I just hope it dosent lash rain or if it does we're allowed into the stand:D

Have yea's got a full squad to pick from or is there any injuries or suspensions? I know we've one or two that are doubtful.

We will see.;)

Doubt i will hear much from you after friday. You may want to go into hiding after this one.

I think I'll get by whatever happens. I'm confident enough, but we are missing enough players that even if we lost it I wouldn't be too disheartened about our chances for the rest of the season. Of course if you came to Tolka, we were at fullstrength and you did the same again, I'd quickly shut my mouth

I think I'll get by whatever happens. I'm confident enough, but we are missing enough players that even if we lost it I wouldn't be too disheartened about our chances for the rest of the season. Of course if you came to Tolka, we were at fullstrength and you did the same again, I'd quickly shut my mouth

Ahhhh, Gettin the excuses lined up now. We are missing players aswell. O Neil and Mc Faul. Our new left back Fitzgerald and im not sure but i think Frost is still out. Its a squad game and if you dont have the squad to cover the players missing then you obviously cant compete with the best.
    Come on lads, Have a bit of faith in the 11 you put out. I thought they where great against Dundalk DSB?? Ill still stand here and face what ever slagging you throw at me if we lose, can you say the same.

I'm not confident at all ahead of this game. I just hope it dosent lash rain or if it does we're allowed into the stand:D

Have yea's got a full squad to pick from or is there any injuries or suspensions? I know we've one or two that are doubtful.

No shels allowed. Stay over your own side.:D

A few of the older shels supporters tend to drift over. They make a point of cheering a little louder and making sure people know they are shels, Its a bit embarrassing for them to be honest.

Cant wait for the game. Expect you will bring about 5 to 6 hundred and we will have about 800 aprox. Fair play to the away support you bring. Makes for a great atmosphere( except the auld lads in our stand:D)

Any news on Mcallister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

No shels allowed. Stay over your own side.:D

A few of the older shels supporters tend to drift over. They make a point of cheering a little louder and making sure people know they are shels, Its a bit embarrassing for them to be honest.

Cant wait for the game. Expect you will bring about 5 to 6 hundred and we will have about 800 aprox. Fair play to the away support you bring. Makes for a great atmosphere( except the auld lads in our stand:D)

Any news on Mcallister

Yeah I hope we have that many, the weather will greatly affect the crowd we bring up I'd imagine.

No news other then that he's very doubtful. I know Brennan and Doherty had fitness tests but it didn't say anything about him having one. Hope they're available or else I can see us getting routed.

My guess is a 4-4-2 but I'd like to see them playing 4-3-3 like they did against Dundalk.

Ahhhh, Gettin the excuses lined up now. We are missing players aswell. O Neil and Mc Faul. Our new left back Fitzgerald and im not sure but i think Frost is still out. Its a squad game and if you dont have the squad to cover the players missing then you obviously cant compete with the best.
    Come on lads, Have a bit of faith in the 11 you put out. I thought they where great against Dundalk DSB?? Ill still stand here and face what ever slagging you throw at me if we lose, can you say the same.

We're missing 3 of our 4 first choice defenders if our press release is to be believed, and 3 midfielders. And you can talk about massive squads all you want, but the reality is we're not putting unrealistic amounts of money into our squad like yous and that'll probably hold us in good stead in a few years time. I'm confident we can get a win out of this game, but when you're missing that much of your first choice, you can't really form a proper comparison between the 2 sides from it. Then again the Press Release could be rubbish.

And of course I'll take the slagging, I'm hardly going to have a hissyfit or stop posting for the week because of it, but I'm not gonna start to doubt our title chances over it either.

• Advertisement

We're missing 3 of our 4 first choice defenders if our press release is to be believed, and 3 midfielders. And you can talk about massive squads all you want, but the reality is we're not putting unrealistic amounts of money into our squad like yous and that'll probably hold us in good stead in a few years time. I'm confident we can get a win out of this game, but when you're missing that much of your first choice, you can't really form a proper comparison between the 2 sides from it. Then again the Press Release could be rubbish.

And of course I'll take the slagging, I'm hardly going to have a hissyfit or stop posting for the week because of it, but I'm not gonna start to doubt our title chances over it either.

Its still a squad game

OK. I tell you what. Lets just see who is missing and we will chat after the match. Still think you are setting yourself up so you can say the following (1) We win= Ah of course yous did sure we didnt have our full team out. (2) A draw= Thats good point for us(shels) considering the players we had out (3) Yous win= Cant believe we won considering the players we had out.:)

None of the above proved necessary given you had 12 players, one being a baldy aging man who decided to discard a perfectly legit goal, and book a Fingal player for a 2footed challenge from behind.

Some of our fans are an absolute disgrace though.

From my view, that tackle wasn't two footed. I was directly in front of it. Yeah, he did come in from behind, so deserved to be booked, but nothing more.

I think there were a number of rash challenges during the game.

What a result though. To me, it seemed that Fingal had more chances, but only just. The goal was well taken.

It certainly makes the league very interesting now.

Paulw wrote: »
    What a result though. To me, it seemed that Fingal had more chances, but only just. The goal was well taken.

I'd agree with you on this, but that goal was a legit goal, and it turned the shape of the game.

First 20 mins was a bit cagey. After that we took control of the game. Could have been two up by half time. Couldnt understand why we didnt go on to finish shels off. They where there for the taking. But it seemed we just wanted to hit shels on the break for the second half. Which nearly worked.
    We created more and our chances where more guilt edged chances than shels. While they had more posession and pressure than they had in the first half I never really felt worried about them scoring for the whole game. Except that chance at the end. Which player missed that for shels?

The ref was disgraceful. Blowing up every minute for f**k all. I have to admit I didnt see what happened for the dissalowed goal so I cant comment either way. There was a person filming the game so maybe the incident will be up on youtube.

Good night for us with UCD losing as well. ]
    Good away support. Attendance for the night was 1429

Oh, why where some of your fans a disgrace DSB? What happened?

PS. I knew you would have to blame something DSB, so i suppose the ref will have to do:D

First 20 mins was a bit cagey. After that we took control of the game. Could have been two up by half time. Couldnt understand why we didnt go on to finish shels off. They where there for the taking. But it seemed we just wanted to hit shels on the break for the second half. Which nearly worked.
    We created more and our chances where more guilt edged chances than shels. While they had more posession and pressure than they had in the first half I never really felt worried about them scoring for the whole game. Except that chance at the end. Which player missed that for shels?

The ref was disgraceful. Blowing up every minute for f**k all. I have to admit I didnt see what happened for the dissalowed goal so I cant comment either way. There was a person filming the game so maybe the incident will be up on youtube.

Good night for us with UCD losing as well. ]
    Good away support. Attendance for the night was 1429

Oh, why where some of your fans a disgrace DSB? What happened?

PS. I knew you would have to blame something DSB, so i suppose the ref will have to do:D

Apparently the ref even admitted later that it should have been a goal so thats enough for me to let out my rage, although I would have anyway.

Well there was the flares (which I've no problem with at all myself, but we're all well aware they get the club fined), numerous things thrown from the crowd, and just generally abusing our players unneccessarily despite us actually not playing all that bad considering we were missing our main 2 midfield men imo. I'd imagine more stuff went on outside but I just legged it for my bus after kickoff, wasn't sticking around to find out. Its the thing I hate most about Dublin derbies for sure. I can't stand Fingal, but I sure as hell have no interest in fighting their fans haha.

Apparently the ref even admitted later that it should have been a goal so thats enough for me to let out my rage, although I would have anyway.

Well there was the flares (which I've no problem with at all myself, but we're all well aware they get the club fined), numerous things thrown from the crowd, and just generally abusing our players unneccessarily despite us actually not playing all that bad considering we were missing our main 2 midfield men imo. I'd imagine more stuff went on outside but I just legged it for my bus after kickoff, wasn't sticking around to find out. Its the thing I hate most about Dublin derbies for sure. I can't stand Fingal, but I sure as hell have no interest in fighting their fans haha.

Fair enough about the ref.

Didnt see much happening after the match except a squad car and van monitoring a group of 50 or so shels schooligans

Fair enough about the ref.

Didnt see much happening after the match except a squad car and van monitoring a group of 50 or so shels schooligans

Do Fingal have them too? The crowd over your end seemed a little quieter than I expected so have the Bohs lads that were there for a while, stopped coming?

Do Fingal have them too? The crowd over your end seemed a little quieter than I expected so have the Bohs lads that were there for a while, stopped coming?

We dont seem to have too many. A lot of families and young kids. It will take a while for us to get up a decent amount of schooligans. We can only dream:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

thank you youths:pac:

*btw i follow fingal by default since i live kinda close to morton, honestly its against my will*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement