Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

A lot of families and young kids.

Lets not get over kind here haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

DSB wrote: »
    Lets not get over kind here haha.

Not quite sure what you mean there.

Not quite sure what you mean there.

Placing emphasis on the use of your words a lot haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

To be honest Fingal do have a decent amount of skoolies just like we do.

The match was very nervy and could of went either way during the first 20 minutes. I thought the Fingal goal was a nice piece of play.

Our goal on the other hand, what was the ref playing at!! Apologising afterwards for dissallowing it! I despise the first division.

Big enough crowd, few idiots but good noise all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

None of the above proved necessary given you had 12 players, one being a baldy aging man who decided to discard a perfectly legit goal, and book a Fingal player for a 2footed challenge from behind.

Some of our fans are an absolute disgrace though.

It couldnt have been a legit goal as the ref blew the whistle about 6 seconds before the ball went in.:D

• Advertisement

Why the chant " 1 nil to the FAI" No offence to any shels posters on here but chants like that make shels fans look bitter.

Nothing happened after the match, shels fans were let out first, i was out at the same time and all there was, was shels fans walking and singing on the path and road. No incidents.

Placing emphasis on the use of your words a lot haha.

:confused:

cymro wrote: »
    It couldnt have been a legit goal as the ref blew the whistle about 6 seconds before the ball went in.:D

No he didnt? You're just making things up now.

Actually he did, i was stood on the terrace next to the main stand and i heard it clearly. Its just another example of shels fans moaning that they were hard done by and they are victimised. Can you not just wake up and accept that your team is **** and nobody is out to get you.

" 1 nil to the fai" what a pointless chant.

Actually he did, i was stood on the terrace next to the main stand and i heard it clearly. Its just another example of shels fans moaning that they were hard done by and they are victimised. Can you not just wake up and accept that your team is **** and nobody is out to get you.

" 1 nil to the fai" what a pointless chant.

If we're **** and you're only 1 point ahead of us and could only beat our understrength side 1 nil in your own home ground then what does that say for yous?

• Advertisement

If we're **** and you're only 1 point ahead of us and could only beat our understrength side 1 nil in your own home ground then what does that say for yous?

Nothing actually, We won, you lost. the league is only at the early stages yet, so as you have said this game will not determine who wins the league.

We are the better team though and its starting to hit home with the shels fans.

Nothing actually, We won, you lost. the league is only at the early stages yet, so as you have said this game will not determine who wins the league.

We are the better team though and its starting to hit home with the shels fans.

Wait til the replays come up for the goal in question and you'll be much quieter, thats the only difference between us being ahead of you and not.

You play a more attractive brand of football thats for sure, but thats not what decides who are the better team. And sure, with that wage budget, if you weren't playing positive football, it'd be pretty worrying. 7 games in, 1 points difference, and already you're making ridiculous claims like that. Funny how its only come out now and not Thursday night.

Wait til the replays come up for the goal in question and you'll be much quieter, thats the only difference between us being ahead of you and not.

You play a more attractive brand of football thats for sure, but thats not what decides who are the better team. And sure, with that wage budget, if you weren't playing positive football, it'd be pretty worrying. 7 games in, 1 points difference, and already you're making ridiculous claims like that. Funny how its only come out now and not Thursday night.

Its only come out now because we have faced our biggest rivals and its obvious we are a league above yous. The score in the game does not reflect how much better we are and deep down you know it.

[/B]

Its only come out now because we have faced our biggest rivals and its obvious we are a league above yous. The score in the game does not reflect how much better we are and deep down you know it.

How is it obvious? I don't understand, we were terribly unlucky not to get an equaliser towards the end, you passed the ball around quite well, and looked a good side, but I don't know where you're getting this league above us nonsense.

Under strength side now? :D excuses excuses excuses.

How is it obvious? I don't understand, we were terribly unlucky not to get an equaliser towards the end, you passed the ball around quite well, and looked a good side, but I don't know where you're getting this league above us nonsense.

I was very disappointed with how yous played. I expected more from yous on the night. Long ball after long ball just hoping for something to happen. Its not the true sign of a champion now is it. Playing this way will win you more than you lose but not many teams win a league by playing like that. Ugly football to be honest.
    As for your disallowed goal there is no way of knowing how the game would have panned out if it was allowed, and to predict you would have got the draw or win if that goal stood is nonsense. You scored first last time at morton, how did that one finish again. We sat back in the second half in order to hit you on the break, yous created feck all except the final chance which you didnt take. So to imply that the difference in the teams was just a badly missed chance from yous and a disallowed goal is nonsense. Sure i could say what if Baylys shot hadnt of been saved or his header had of gone the other side of the post or what if kirbys shot was better placed. williams was called offside when through on goal, he was on, what if zayed didnt fluff that chance in the second half by your way of thinking the game would have finished 5-2 in sportings favour

Its a lot of ifs ands maybes from you again. You lost fair and square. We will all have decisions go against us, its the nature of the game. Take the defeat with a bit of grace and dignity like most of the shels fans have.

I was very disappointed with how yous played. I expected more from yous on the night. Long ball after long ball just hoping for something to happen. Its not the true sign of a champion now is it. Playing this way will win you more than you lose but not many teams win a league by playing like that. Ugly football to be honest.
    As for your disallowed goal there is no way of knowing how the game would have panned out if it was allowed, and to predict you would have got the draw or win if that goal stood is nonsense. You scored first last time at morton, how did that one finish again. We sat back in the second half in order to hit you on the break, yous created feck all except the final chance which you didnt take. So to imply that the difference in the teams was just a badly missed chance from yous and a disallowed goal is nonsense. Sure i could say what if Baylys shot hadnt of been saved or his header had of gone the other side of the post or what if kirbys shot was better placed. williams was called offside when through on goal, he was on, what if zayed didnt fluff that chance in the second half by your way of thinking the game would have finished 5-2 in sportings favour

Its a lot of ifs ands maybes from you again. You lost fair and square. We will all have decisions go against us, its the nature of the game. Take the defeat with a bit of grace and dignity like most of the shels fans have.

Zayed fluffing a shot or Bayly missing a chance isn't the same as us actually putting a ball in the net legitimately, and we had to bypass midfield, its where we were missing the most players, 3 regulars out unfortunately.

Toe pocking the ball into the net after the ref had already blown for a free is not a legit goal.

Toe pocking the ball into the net after the ref had already blown for a free is not a legit goal.

He will grasp at anything. A whistle blown well before the goal was scored would have an affect on how our defense would have reacted.
    And as for the excuse of why they had to play long ball tactics, please:rolleyes:. I have been reading from other shels fans that in other games they have been bypassing midfield with long balls. So its not as if this was the first time you where doing it.

Nice to see dsb took me up on all my points also. Or did he just forget to comment on certain ones;) Nothing new I suppose

He will grasp at anything. A whistle blown well before the goal was scored would have an affect on how our defense would have reacted.
    And as for the excuse of why they had to play long ball tactics, please:rolleyes:. I have been reading from other shels fans that in other games they have been bypassing midfield with long balls. So its not as if this was the first time you where doing it.

Nice to see dsb took me up on all my points also. Or did he just forget to comment on certain ones;) Nothing new I suppose

Man your posts are generally huge, you can't expect me to answer every one. Be a bit more compact in future and you're more likely to get answers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Besides all the football talk, I was told that the stewards refused a load of young fellas cause they were barred from Tolka or something. One of these kids was in a wheelchair and refused by "guilt of association". I think there was a steward talking on here(could eb you lamper) but I was just wondering if that person could explain why or just explain the procedure that was taken to refuse these lads entry.

I know there was a Shels steward there also, I know him to see so this could of had something to do with it. From what I've heard it was just random groups of four or five refused.

Man your posts are generally huge, you can't expect me to answer every one. Be a bit more compact in future and you're more likely to get answers.

:pac: More excuses. Was the last one to long?

Besides all the football talk, I was told that the stewards refused a load of young fellas cause they were barred from Tolka or something. One of these kids was in a wheelchair and refused by "guilt of association". I think there was a steward talking on here(could eb you lamper) but I was just wondering if that person could explain why or just explain the procedure that was taken to refuse these lads entry.

I know there was a Shels steward there also, I know him to see so this could of had something to do with it. From what I've heard it was just random groups of four or five refused.

Im not a steward. Sporting man is a steward. He hasnt posted in a while though. I read somewhere(cant remember where) that the shels steward was pointing these lads out to our stewards thats all i heard.

Nobody gets refused entry for no reason as the more people that gets let in the better. Ive worked with the security crowd elswhere and i know how they act.

Having watched the replay, you were in fact right about the whistle having been blown, however the shot was struck within a second of the whistle being blown, and thus the keeper went down for it as he would for any shot, and literally had no chance, and there was no foul involved. So yeah.

Having watched the replay, you were in fact right about the whistle having been blown, however the shot was struck within a second of the whistle being blown, and thus the keeper went down for it as he would for any shot, and literally had no chance, and there was no foul involved. So yeah.

Where did you see the replay?

Where did you see the replay?

Its in a thread on Shelsweb

http://vimeo.com/4256245

Theres really nothing there you can justify giving a free kick for, Flood has absolutely made your man look like a dud.

Paulw wrote: »
    From my view, that tackle wasn't two footed. I was directly in front of it. Yeah, he did come in from behind, so deserved to be booked, but nothing more.

I think there were a number of rash challenges during the game.

What a result though. To me, it seemed that Fingal had more chances, but only just. The goal was well taken.

It certainly makes the league very interesting now.

The video also proves beyond doubt that it was two footed, you lads got away with murder on Friday.

It doesnt matter as we still won :D

• Advertisement

The video also proves beyond doubt that it was two footed, you lads got away with murder on Friday.

Riiiggghht. Williams being flagged offside and the countless frees given to your side for nothing.
    We where still the better team and you know it:p

EDIT:

Just watched the footage. Are you really serious. (1) The disallowed goal was for a push on williams. While not the worst push i have ever seen and i have seen the likes of that go unpunished, it was still a push, so to say the whistle was blown for nothing is comical. (2) The Williams tackle was not two footed. It was a strong one but not two footed. Just so you know a two footed tackle means you went in with two feet:rolleyes: Nice to see your lads swarming around trying to get him sent off. Class act your lot.

You really do see football through shels tinted glasses. When you lose you have to come up with something to complain about so as to deflect from the fact you lost and where lucky not to lose by more than 1.

I cant wait for the next two shels games. When we win them I wonder what the excuses will be then. The lad boots where the wrong colour or on the wrong foot. Our stikers had something in their eye. Your lads drank red bull before the game, NO FAIR.:( (it gives you wings you know :) )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement