Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I remember reading last year that the average attendance to league of Ireland games was only 15000 per weekend. Must check up on that when the league starts up next week.
    Sad though. I'd say more than 15000 people head to old trafford from dublin every weekend.:(

Exactly my point. But for a fact I'd definitely say 15,000 people head to see Seel Thick and Man U in a a weekend from Ireland easily.:rolleyes:

And I'll admit I'm being bitter as Shels had on the table for a move to the Mortan Stadium in the very near future, and well Sporting Feck All stopped that.

And in all fairness from Swords to Drumcondra isn't that far, especially over 20 years.:rolleyes:

Once again I'd like to say I'm praying each passing day Sporting Franchise crash and burn.

No To Modern Football and No To Franchise Football Clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

well the rest of us are excited about so maybe you should go somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Exactly my point. But for a fact I'd definitely say 15,000 people head to see Seel Thick and Man U in a a weekend from Ireland easily.:rolleyes:

And I'll admit I'm being bitter as Shels had on the table for a move to the Mortan Stadium in the very near future, and well Sporting Feck All stopped that.

And in all fairness from Swords to Drumcondra isn't that far, especially over 20 years.:rolleyes:

Once again I'd like to say I'm praying each passing day Sporting Franchise crash and burn.

Scared of the competition?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Gavin'Shels' A little bitter I think. Let it go. Deep breaths. Now say after me, ' I love myself and I love Sporting Fingal' You will feel better in the end. If you need any more help just contact me. Ill be at mortan stadium on the march 24th :)

cymro wrote: »
    Scared of the competition?:D

Nope not a chance, I scared of the amount of teams in Dublin considering the FAI wanted to spread the league when they merger with the league last year.

And Lamper.sffc I am more than a little bitter, actually I'm colded blooded towards SF. I've nearly seen Shels washed down the drain, our 123 year history of trophy after trophy, setting land-marks in Europe and then a team backed by Fingal Council and a millionaire pop up in an area Shels had on a shortlist of three stadiums to move to (one which was later rejected, Home Farm). Stroll into a stadium which is falling down and get a license to play in the First Divison without a problem because the FAI ****ed up with Kilkenny.

According to the members of our BoM and our manager Dermot Keely, Sporting Fingal were the FAI's Dublin replaced as they thought Shels wouldn't get to the start of last season thinking we would fold after the mayhem between December 2006 and March 2007, but we fought our guns, we manned our posts and we're still here and not going anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

we're still here and not going anywhere.

Wont be going to the premier league anyway (sorry).

Nope not a chance, I scared of the amount of teams in Dublin considering the FAI wanted to spread the league when they merger with the league last year.

And Lamper.sffc I am more than a little bitter, actually I'm colded blooded towards SF. I've nearly seen Shels washed down the drain, our 123 year history of trophy after trophy, setting land-marks in Europe and then a team backed by Fingal Council and a millionaire pop up in an area Shels had on a shortlist of three stadiums to move to (one which was later rejected, Home Farm). Stroll into a stadium which is falling down and get a license to play in the First Divison without a problem because the FAI ****ed up with Kilkenny.

According to the members of our BoM and our manager Dermot Keely, Sporting Fingal were the FAI's Dublin replaced as they thought Shels wouldn't get to the start of last season thinking we would fold after the mayhem between December 2006 and March 2007, but we fought our guns, we manned our posts and we're still here and not going anywhere.

Its good to see you are passionate about your club. But mate its not SF 's fault you nearly seen shels washed down the drain. As for you nearly moving to fingal, well, area is fingal not shels. I would not have been interested in supporting a club that does not represent me. Sporting fingal allows new fans a chance to have a team thay feel they can support and give this area a team to represent them. As for being bitter about us getting Mortan stadium, you should be happy about that one, according to you the stadium is falling down. Dodged that bullet hey :)

on a slightly different note for a sec. Can anybody tell me how to get in contact with foot.ie. I have tried to join but it says it cannot contact my e-mail address to confirm if its real or not. My address is original (not a hotmail or anything like that). I have tried to contact admin. but it says i have to be a member to access this page. Which is a little annoying because im trying to contact them because a cant become a member:mad:. any help appreciated.

Ps. Sporting fingal rock:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

on a slightly different note for a sec. Can anybody tell me how to get in contact with foot.ie. I have tried to join but it says it cannot contact my e-mail address to confirm if its real or not. My address is original (not a hotmail or anything like that). I have tried to contact admin. but it says i have to be a member to access this page. Which is a little annoying because im trying to contact them because a cant become a member:mad:. any help appreciated.

It took a couple of days for them to confirm my e-mail address when i first joined up. What sort of address have you used? Paid for, college, work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I'm originally from Lusk (moved to London a couple of years ago) but I'm back in March with work and was thinking about going to the home game against Athlone Town. I assume I'm safe to wander up on the night for a ticket but how much are they? or can I get them in advance (cause I'm like that)?

• Advertisement

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Wont be going to the premier league anyway (sorry).

As long a Cobh and Harps drop back down to the first divison I'm happy to stay here for a while.:D

But at the moment the only challengers are us and Dundalk.;)

And Lamper.sffc I'm more than passionate about Shels, two weekends ago I travelled over 1,000 miles to see them playing two friendlys in two days.:D

And sure Shels play in Drumcondra and I'm from The Liberties, so if going by what you said I shouldn't support the LoI because I haven't a team to represent me.

And as for the Mortan Stadium, Shels will be getting a couple of million from the sale of Tolka, along with grants from the FAI and Government, we had plans of adding a new stand to the stadium along with top quality gym, etc...

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I'm originally from Lusk (moved to London a couple of years ago) but I'm back in March with work and was thinking about going to the home game against Athlone Town. I assume I'm safe to wander up on the night for a ticket but how much are they? or can I get them in advance (cause I'm like that)?

Ye, just turn up and pay at the gate.

The admin lad there is up his own arse and so are some of the posters. Id give it a miss if i was you ( then again, i had no choice):D

And Lamper.sffc I'm more than passionate about Shels, two weekends ago I travelled over 1,000 miles to see them playing two friendlys in two days.:D

And sure Shels play in Drumcondra and I'm from The Liberties, so if going by what you said I shouldn't support the LoI because I haven't a team to represent me.

And as for the Mortan Stadium, Shels will be getting a couple of million from the sale of Tolka, along with grants from the FAI and Government, we had plans of adding a new stand to the stadium along with top quality gym, etc...

Im not talking about if you should support shels coming from the liberties. Im talking about shels moving to fingal and whether i would rather support shels in fingal or a new club that will originate in fingal. I would rather sporting fingal. Its a club that i can be involved with from the beginning, unlike shels (nothing against shels). i dont know where you are getting the statement of you not supporting loi if no team to represent you. I think you are taking what i say as being all about you. Its not. Im talking about me and what i would prefer

Noticed you didnt answer the statement about it not being sporting fingal's fault that shels are where they are. Your anger towards sf is misplaced.
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

dsmythy wrote: »
    It took a couple of days for them to confirm my e-mail address when i first joined up. What sort of address have you used? Paid for, college, work?

I used a paid for. They are missing out on my insightful thoughts about Football and the likes, the poor b****ards :D

Cheers cymro, ill keep it in mind

Im not talking about if you should support shels coming from the liberties. Im talking about shels moving to fingal and whether i would rather support shels in fingal or a new club that will originate in fingal. I would rather sporting fingal. Its a club that i can be involved with from the beginning, unlike shels (nothing against shels). i dont know where you are getting the statement of you not supporting loi if no team to represent you. I think you are taking what i say as being all about you. Its not. Im talking about me and what i would prefer

Noticed you didnt answer the statement about it not being sporting fingal's fault that shels are where they are. Your anger towards sf is misplaced.

Anyway this is a Sporting Feck All thread.

My final point, my anger is directed at SF because of many things other than the Mortan Stadium and them locating Fingal;

I'm against this modern franchise football bo**ock.

SF got through all the standards the FAI set down at the start of last year, Shels struggled ending up in the 1st Divison, but SF stroll through it we the advance of having to have their documents, etc... in two months.

SF were supposely the replacement of Shels in the league.

I've seen this before with Dublin City, after a few seasons, the team not doing to badly, they fold. Their attendences were tiny, maybe 200 odd fans.

My bitterness will always be here no matter what new teams are here, I'd be much happier to see Gannon investing in Kilkenny to keep them alive, invest in Shels or Rovers teams who have huge potential.

Hopefully you Fingalians turn out in force to support your local team, I hope your supporters club gets off the ground and best of luck in the coming seasons. *Finger balances over the delete button*:D

As for foot.ie you'd be better off not getting involved with that lot. Bunch of up their own arse Cork City fans who are always right and mod the forum like a bootcamp.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Am I right in saying Shels had the chance to move to Fingal a few years back and blew it...?

Fair enough Gavin. Hope the season goes well. No doubt you will be at the cup game against sf. May the best team win (sssshhhhhhhhh us):D

Any other site worth checking out. ( not the shels chat site :D )

www.ave-it.net.

There are a few irish there who talk about the eircom league and have got some of the english lads interested and who now follow the results over here.

• Advertisement

Anyway this is a Sporting Feck All thread.

My final point, my anger is directed at SF because of many things other than the Mortan Stadium and them locating Fingal;

I'm against this modern franchise football bo**ock.

SF got through all the standards the FAI set down at the start of last year, Shels struggled ending up in the 1st Divison, but SF stroll through it we the advance of having to have their documents, etc... in two months.

SF were supposely the replacement of Shels in the league.

I've seen this before with Dublin City, after a few seasons, the team not doing to badly, they fold. Their attendences were tiny, maybe 200 odd fans.

My bitterness will always be here no matter what new teams are here, I'd be much happier to see Gannon investing in Kilkenny to keep them alive, invest in Shels or Rovers teams who have huge potential.

Hopefully you Fingalians turn out in force to support your local team, I hope your supporters club gets off the ground and best of luck in the coming seasons. *Finger balances over the delete button*:D

For a team that was the best in the league at one stage and doing well in europe, shels had piss poor support.

www.ave-it.net.

There are a few irish there who talk about the eircom league and have got some of the english lads interested and who now follow the results over here.

I opened that link and had to close it within 30 seconds,its bad and looks like it was designed in 1996.

Its upto date, click on the message boards.

Its upto date, click on the message boards.

It may well be up to date but it looks like it was made 10 years ago the layout of the site is terrible.

Cheers lads for the info. Can anybody explain to me why the SF website is so bad. Its been up a few weeks now and still the same info. No match reports from the friendlies. No info on what they plan for the future. On the top left it seems they are holding up pictures of the new training facility, why are the pictures not on the website so we can see them close up. Surely they can put up more info than they have.

This club is trying to get up and running and the first place new fans will be looking for info will be the website:confused:

Dub13 wrote: »
    It may well be up to date but it looks like it was made 10 years ago the layout of the site is terrible.

Its still has a good discussion board. Sporting Fingal has a supporter on there.I ment to put a smilie here.

Cheers lads for the info. Can anybody explain to me why the SF website is so bad. Its been up a few weeks now and still the same info. No match reports from the friendlies. No info on what they plan for the future. On the top left it seems they are holding up pictures of the new training facility, why are the pictures not on the website so we can see them close up. Surely they can put up more info than they have.

This club is trying to get up and running and the first place new fans will be looking for info will be the website:confused:

I'd say SF are in the process of getting a proper website up and running (it takes time). The only reason they have the website is because the FAI have to ensure every club has an official website.;)

Any cyrmo I wouldn't go to far to say piss poor support, we had poor attendences outside of the big games and European games, many of the fans were bandwagon jumpers.

Oh and as far as I know www.extratime.ie will have a forum on it when it launches.

I'd say SF are in the process of getting a proper website up and running (it takes time). The only reason they have the website is because the FAI have to ensure every club has an official website.;)

Any cyrmo I wouldn't go to far to say piss poor support, we had poor attendences outside of the big games and European games, many of the fans were bandwagon jumpers.

Your right. Forgot about that. but still, you would think they would have the site up and running long before this. A website letting us know what is going on and what is the plan for the future would be the best form of advetisement.

They could have set the site up 6 months ago. This could have kept the potential fans up to date with what is happening.

I Should have been a shels fan;)

• Advertisement

And schooligans:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement