Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Riiiggghht. Williams being flagged offside and the countless frees given to your side for nothing.
    We where still the better team and you know it:p

EDIT:

Just watched the footage. Are you really serious. (1) The disallowed goal was for a push on williams. While not the worst push i have ever seen and i have seen the likes of that go unpunished, it was still a push, so to say the whistle was blown for nothing is comical. (2) The Williams tackle was not two footed. It was a strong one but not two footed. Just so you know a two footed tackle means you went in with two feet:rolleyes: Nice to see your lads swarming around trying to get him sent off. Class act your lot.

You really do see football through shels tinted glasses. When you lose you have to come up with something to complain about so as to deflect from the fact you lost and where lucky not to lose by more than 1.

I cant wait for the next two shels games. When we win them I wonder what the excuses will be then. The lad boots where the wrong colour or on the wrong foot. Our stikers had something in their eye. Your lads drank red bull before the game, NO FAIR.:( (it gives you wings you know :) )

I actually can't believe you're trying to claim that Flood commited a foul there, and that Williams' tackle wasn't 2 footed. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

DSB wrote: »
    I actually can't believe you're trying to claim that Flood commited a foul there, and that Williams' tackle wasn't 2 footed. Ridiculous.

The tackle wasn't two footed. Please see image - http://pix.ie/gambler/940955/in/album/340968 And that is clear enough too on the video.

I'm also slightly confused as to why the Shels goal wasn't allowed, but that's something the ref saw.

Still, a win for Sporting Fingal, who had the better chances.

Jaysus, your picture does prove me wrong, but I'm sure you've noticed something else in the picture that warrants him being sent off anyway.

And having the better chances isn't really relevant when we've scored the opener, it being proper, and having it taken away, changes a game. It could have gone either way still, but at 1 nil its advantage Shels, and significantly increased the chances of us winning.

Jaysus, your picture does prove me wrong, but I'm sure you've noticed something else in the picture that warrants him being sent off anyway.

And having the better chances isn't really relevant when we've scored the opener, it being proper, and having it taken away, changes a game. It could have gone either way still, but at 1 nil its advantage Shels, and significantly increased the chances of us winning.

Not my photo, just one I saw. Yeah, his studs are showing, and he was booked for that. I never said he shouldn't be booked, only that it wasn't a two footed challenge.

The only real fact that matters is the final score. 1-0.

A ref can change any game with his decisions, and in this case, he blew up before the goal was scored. Unfortunately, that's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

The goal wasnt a legit goal, shels didnt score the first goal Sporting did.
    Sporting Fingal won the match 1 nil so deal with it and move on to the weekends game and quit looking for excuses to why shels lost.
    I cant wait for your excuses to why Athlone beat you on Friday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

So me thinking it wasnt two footed was ridiculous was it. As for the disallowed goal i did say I have seen those not given (the foul that is) but i do see why the ref blew. Flood had both hands on williams back, thats what the ref saw, while still not the worst foul in the world, the ref still didnt blow for nothing like you are making out.

Now you are saying he should have gone for studs showing or leaving the ground:rolleyes: Clutching and straws comes to mind. Its starting to get embarassing so here i will leave it. Ill let you off the hook;)

cymro wrote: »
    The goal wasnt a legit goal, shels didnt score the first goal Sporting did.
    Sporting Fingal won the match 1 nil so deal with it and move on to the weekends game and quit looking for excuses to why shels lost.
    I cant wait for your excuses to why Athlone beat you on Friday :D

I love to know how many excuses I have read from them in the last two or so pages. I cant believe it to be honest. I have chatted with a fair few fans from other clubs about other games and i have never seen any other clubs fans blame so many other things than this lot. Its delaney, its fingal, its the FAI, Its the officials, Its not fair, WHAAAAA, WHAAAAA, WHAAAAA.

I think its time Shels took responsibility for their own actions, and maybe just maybe they will realise that ultimately it was there fault.

I think this is more likely though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

In all fairness, you would feel hard done by too, please don't say "WHA WHA" when you're talking about us as you have no clue what it is like to support The Reds. You have no idea how the *** have treated us.

We should of really equalised with the amount of chances we had one after the other near the end.

End of the day it's Fingal 1, Shels 0 and the goal was well taken unlike other chances regardless of who was all over the other.

In all fairness, you would feel hard done by too, please don't say "WHA WHA" when you're talking about us as you have no clue what it is like to support The Reds. You have no idea how the *** have treated us.

We should of really equalised with the amount of chances we had one after the other near the end.

End of the day it's Fingal 1, Shels 0 and the goal was well taken unlike other chances regardless of who was all over the other.

In fairness you are right. I dont know what it is like to support your team. But you have to understand that since we have been formed there is one teams supporters that have attacked us and thats shels. I have been listening to the same crap for the last year. You really do have a habit of blaming others.
    When i came into the league i had no hatred towards any team but some of your shels fans helped me with that.
    I also dislike dishonest fans.

To end this, you didnt have chances one after the other at the end and you didnt deserve to equalise. We had the best of the game and any football supporter would realise that. You created feck all throughout the whole game. Just look at the video and count the clear cut chances per team.

Something different to talk about.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=36421

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Fair enough, I agree with that. I know what the *** have done and I stand by my beliefs that this is a corrupt league and some clubs seem to get it worse than others, which is blatantly obvious.

I understand why you hate Shels fair enough, I've given up at this stage, you're here now and winning this division(for now;)). Can't argue with that:)
    I also dislike dishonest fans.

What do you mean by this? I hope you're not directing that at me, because I was being honest in my last post.

Fair enough, I agree with that. I know what the *** have done and I stand by my beliefs that this is a corrupt league and some clubs seem to get it worse than others, which is blatantly obvious.

I understand why you hate Shels fair enough, I've given up at this stage, you're here now and winning this division(for now;)). Can't argue with that:)

What do you mean by this? I hope you're not directing that at me, because I was being honest in my last post.

No it wasnt directed at you. It wasnt directed at any particular person.

Jesus, this thread sure does die when you're not playing Shels.

Not really, just probably a busy weekend for people.

In saying that, another great win for Fingal at the weekend. Good to see them scoring plenty of goals.

Jesus, this thread sure does die when you're not playing Shels.

No worse than the shels one you set up and thats in the football section:eek:

Yeah. Another good win again. Zayed on target again. I seem to remember some poor poster saying Zayed who? one time. Now who was that. Anyway

We are scoring quite regularly now while conceding very little. Good stuff all round. Unfortunately Bayly got sent off. I doubt that will be the last time this season he will be sent off. He is a red card waiting to happen unfortunately. Starting to show he is a good player though. Looking forward to Limerick. At least they might try and play a bit of football :p

I believe the Bayly sending off was for something he said? In this day and age, players should realise that speaking back to the ref won't do any good at all.

Great to see them scoring plenty of goals. Zayed must be the league's top scorer.

He is joint second with 6 goals after cummins of waterford who has 7.

No worse than the shels one you set up and thats in the football section:eek:

We've our own dedicated forum on the club site which has regular traffic, and it would be somewhat futile discussing the same things on both, I mainly made that thread as an advertising method for the new season, but you're right, I should really start posting press releases etc. again.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Just wondering how much are you charging for adult, youths and kids jerseys?

• Advertisement

Just wondering how much are you charging for adult, youths and kids jerseys?

€45 for adults and €35 for kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭conorlechance

Zayed is good he's just lazy. I think we really should be getting promoted this season, especially with some of the players we have. Shels are good but player for player we have higher quality. On paper I believe we would more than hold our own in Premier Division.

Zayed is good he's just lazy. I think we really should be getting promoted this season, especially with some of the players we have. Shels are good but player for player we have higher quality. On paper I believe we would more than hold our own in Premier Division.

Promotion is a must this season. Nothing else matters, well, if we get promoted and it ends up stopping shels from getting promoted that will be the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Bayly was being sub'd at the time and he said something to the ref:mad:

cymro wrote: »
    Bayly was being sub'd at the time and he said something to the ref:mad:

Silly stuff really.
    Mc Faul is back so he may be a straight replacement. I like the look of Mc Faul for the short amount of time he actually played for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SYLT

Promotion is a must this season. Nothing else matters, well, if we get promoted and it ends up stopping shels from getting promoted that will be the icing on the cake.

Is there some sort of rivalry between Fingal and Shels or are Fingal just obsessed with Shels? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

SYLT wrote: »
    Is there some sort of rivalry between Fingal and Shels or are Fingal just obsessed with Shels? :confused:

Not the other way around reading through this thread no?

SYLT wrote: »

:pac: Read through more of the thread and you might realise who is obsessed with who.

• Advertisement

:pac: Read through more of the thread and you might realise who is obsessed with who.

Listen to certain Fingal chants at games that Shels weren't even playing in, and you'd probably realise its 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement