Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

DSB wrote: »
    Listen to certain Fingal chants at games that Shels weren't even playing in, and you'd probably realise its 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.

Ah yes, The build a bonfire one. Nearly brings a tear to a glass eye.

I know, maybe what we should do is make up some banners about how shels shouldnt exist or make up aload of red cards to flash at the matches in protest against shels, oh wait that was already done. Now who was it again and against what club hhhmmmmmm. And we have a problem:rolleyes:

Scroll down to hunters post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055205208&page=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Ah yes, The build a bonfire one. Nearly brings a tear to a glass eye.

I know, maybe what we should do is make up some banners about how shels shouldnt exist or make up aload of red cards to flash at the matches in protest against shels, oh wait that was already done. Now who was it again and against what club hhhmmmmmm. And we have a problem:rolleyes:

Scroll down to hunters post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055205208&page=19

Not to get into a massive debate about it since its been done, but since you've brought it up, that banner was entirely accurate. 6 clubs in Dublin with Bray, Kildare, Drogheda and Dundalk all close outside? Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

6 clubs in Dublin with Bray, Kildare, Drogheda and Dundalk all close outside? Madness.

Well, maybe at the end of the season, they should close/relegate the bottom teams from the Dublin area? :rolleyes:

Of course, you also have to realise that Dublin has a very large population base.

I'm certainly not against more clubs outside Dublin, far from it, but isn't that more a matter for those areas, to form clubs?

Not to get into a massive debate about it since its been done, but since you've brought it up, that banner was entirely accurate. 6 clubs in Dublin with Bray, Kildare, Drogheda and Dundalk all close outside? Madness.

Off topic yet again DSB. The point is, it is yous who have the problem with us not 6 of one and half a dozen of the other as you put it. This is why i showed the banner. You dodge the point as usual and try and bring the conversation on to something new. Most of the fingal fans including myself only started to dislike shels due to your constant moaning about us and everything else that has supposedly been done to your club.

And yes the argument has been gone over time and time again. It is up to clubs in other parts of the country to put forward their club for the eircom league. Nobody is stopping them.
    It works on the east coast more because there is a bigger apetite for the game on the this side of the island. There was a time when the national team was nearly completely made up of Dubliners or Irish/eng. The reason for this is the game was not played as much in other parts of the country. Mainly due to GAA. Ther isnt some fai agenda to just have teams in Dublin you know.

How many teams are there is london. Can you give me a reason why?:rolleyes:

I love how you word what you said. "Not to get into a massive debate about it since its been done, but since you've brought it up" I WILL GET INTO A MASSIVE DEBATE ABOUT IT :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

You'd swear you work for the FAI or something. The only team they care about outside Dublin is Waterford.

See how Cork got f*cked and Drogheda got helped out. See how Kilkenny were easily shunted out and no one cried about it. If it was a Dublin team the FAI would have broke their backs to save them.

That banner wasn't made by every Shels fan around the place so you bringing that up is just the same as you're saying about the six and a half dozen argument.

What fun would a forum be if there's no arguments eh?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Listen to certain Fingal chants at games that Shels weren't even playing in, and you'd probably realise its 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.

Dare we call it an actual rivalry then?

You'd swear you work for the FAI or something. The only team they care about outside Dublin is Waterford.

See how Cork got f*cked and Drogheda got helped out. See how Kilkenny were easily shunted out and no one cried about it. If it was a Dublin team the FAI would have broke their backs to save them.

That banner wasn't made by every Shels fan around the place so you bringing that up is just the same as you're saying about the six and a half dozen argument.

What fun would a forum be if there's no arguments eh?;)

Totally agree on the arguments bit.:D

How did cork get f*cked and Drogheda(not in dublin by the way) didnt. What was the difference.

How where Kilkenny shunted out. The club decided it couldnt compete in the league due to one of the reasons being they got no crowd. Fair play to them. At least they realised this and dropped down to regroup. It wasnt the FAI s place to help them as they decided to drop out.

And as for the banner bit. I didnt say it was all shels fans. It was just posted to prove that if any club has a bigger problem with the other its shels and not us. Dont really get what you mean about the 6 of one comparison bit.

PS.
    Shels suck:p

Hopefully there'll be a good game tonight. Looks like the weather is clearing, at least.

I'm looking forward to the game.

Paulw wrote: »
    Hopefully there'll be a good game tonight. Looks like the weather is clearing, at least.

I'm looking forward to the game.

Yeah. Hopefully a good one.

Personally, Im looking forward to the Peno shootout at half time between Freddie the fox and Leo the Lion:D

Personally, Im looking forward to the Peno shootout at half time between Freddie the fox and Leo the Lion:D

That should be interesting alright. Don't know how they will manage, since those suits are hard enough to see out of anyway, so maybe there will be a few fresh airs? LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SYLT

:pac: Read through more of the thread and you might realise who is obsessed with who.

Yes I have and what I see is Fingal fans calling shels their "rivals" WTF? :confused:

How is Fingal Shels a rivalry!? That makes no sense.

SYLT wrote: »
    Y
    How is Fingal Shels a rivalry!? That makes no sense.

Possibly because they're both in the same division and also both clubs on the north side of Dublin? :rolleyes:

Of course it's a rivalry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Totally agree on the arguments bit.:D

How did cork get f*cked and Drogheda(not in dublin by the way) didnt. What was the difference.

How where Kilkenny shunted out. The club decided it couldnt compete in the league due to one of the reasons being they got no crowd. Fair play to them. At least they realised this and dropped down to regroup. It wasnt the FAI s place to help them as they decided to drop out.

And as for the banner bit. I didnt say it was all shels fans. It was just posted to prove that if any club has a bigger problem with the other its shels and not us. Dont really get what you mean about the 6 of one comparison bit.

PS.
    Shels suck:p

Drogs are pretty much Dublin(Dublin region anyway) as it was pointed out earlier that this is true.

Drogs would of accepted their fate if they hadn't known that the FAI would bail them out, which they did in the end. Drogheda knew this from the start and kept dragging it on to make it look realistic.

The six in one comparison bit is about you saying that only a handful of your fans sing anti-shels songs at non shels related games. I'm saying the banner being made is pretty much the same thing so they cancel each other out as such.

Cork were deducted points and were harder done by as compared to Drogheda.

P.S. Takes one to know one:p

Possibly because they're both in the same division and also both clubs on the north side of Dublin? :rolleyes:

Of course it's a rivalry.

No it's not. Shels - Bohs. Bohs - Rovers. Pats - Rovers, are all decent rivalrys as the clubs all have history and have been involved in many title battles over the last few decades.

To say that Fingal and Shels have a rivalry is false. When Fingal fans sing "We all hate Shels scum" it couldnt be more comical, as they dont really hate us, they are just trying to cling onto our history to create a rivalry that simply isnt there.

No it's not. Shels - Bohs. Bohs - Rovers. Pats - Rovers, are all decent rivalrys as the clubs all have history and have been involved in many title battles over the last few decades.

To say that Fingal and Shels have a rivalry is false. When Fingal fans sing "We all hate Shels scum" it couldnt be more comical, as they dont really hate us, they are just trying to cling onto our history to create a rivalry that simply isnt there.

Ok. I think this guy should be ignored to be honest. Just looking for a reaction. Not making much sense anyway.

Drogs are pretty much Dublin(Dublin region anyway) as it was pointed out earlier that this is true.

Drogs would of accepted their fate if they hadn't known that the FAI would bail them out, which they did in the end. Drogheda knew this from the start and kept dragging it on to make it look realistic.

The six in one comparison bit is about you saying that only a handful of your fans sing anti-shels songs at non shels related games. I'm saying the banner being made is pretty much the same thing so they cancel each other out as such.

Ok to answer you.

Drogs are pretty much Dublin(Dublin region anyway). What:confused:. There two counties away.

What:confused:

What:confused:. Drogheda where deducted points

So in short, What:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Leo the Lion won the peno shootout :(.

Freddie had him in a headlock at one stage , and when he pulled leo's tail the Limerick fans sang that leo had a bigger tail than freddie :D

cymro wrote: »
    Leo the Lion won the peno shootout :(.

Freddie had him in a headlock at one stage , and when he pulled leo's tail the Limerick fans sang that leo had a bigger tail than freddie :D

Baring the result it was a good night. Good entertainment on and off the pitch. How funny where the rivervalley kids. Great singing from them all night and they gave as good as they got from the limerick lads.:D
    We played some nice stuff at times and their keeper played a blinder. Made 5 good to great saves in all. We had plenty of half chances and players who nearly got their toe or head to the ball in front of goal. Man of the match without a doubt was Williams. What a great player this lad is. I think his display last night is probably won of the best displays from a fingal player since we have formed. He was head and shoulders above anybody on the pitch. The Fingal Alonso:D

Loads of good entertainment last night. The two mascots were very good, and kept it going.

There was just so much happening at half time.

The Limerick goal was well taken. No one at fault, as such.

Great goal from Whelan. Fingal should have 2-3 more, but just failed to put the ball in the net.

A good night overall.

Ok. I think this guy should be ignored to be honest. Just looking for a reaction. Not making much sense anyway.

You know what I mean. Shels have fantastic history. Fingal have nothing. So Fingal try to cling onto us and create a rivalry to make their empty club look like its the dogs bollox.

Do you love Fingal aswell as hate Shels?

• Advertisement

Loads of good entertainment last night. The two mascots were very good, and kept it going.

There was just so much happening at half time.

The Limerick goal was well taken. No one at fault, as such.

Great goal from Whelan. Fingal should have 2-3 more, but just failed to put the ball in the net.

A good night overall.

Agreed. Baring the result it was a good night. We need more of these to keep the fans coming back. 752 attendance against limerick is not a bad attendance for us. This time last year we would have only got between 350 to 400. So hopefully things are heading in the right direction. Still a lot to do though

Agreed. Baring the result it was a good night. We need more of these to keep the fans coming back. 752 attendance against limerick is not a bad attendance for us. This time last year we would have only got between 350 to 400. So hopefully things are heading in the right direction. Still a lot to do though

Haha surely the result is the only really important thing? I mean for the last game of last season we had well over 2 thousand in, but we all know how that went.

Haha surely the result is the only really important thing? I mean for the last game of last season we had well over 2 thousand in, but we all know how that went.

I cant remember. Remind me

I cant remember. Remind me

Yes you can, lying makes baby Jesus cry man.

Yes you can, lying makes baby Jesus cry man.

Who:D

Who:D

Some make believe guy, they have a forum for him in here somewhere.

Brilliant win today over Drogheda. A good 2-0 result. Disappointed now that I wasn't able to attend.

Was Chambers any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Paul Skinner (keeper) and Mark Salmon (midfielder) any use? Two local lads that I know so wondering if they had decent games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

You know what I mean. Shels have fantastic history. Fingal have nothing. So Fingal try to cling onto us and create a rivalry to make their empty club look like its the dogs bollox.

Do you love Fingal aswell as hate Shels?

Shels once had no history too you know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement