Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

dsmythy wrote: »
    Shels once had no history too you know.

Quite a long time ago, when there was actually a need for a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SYLT

Back in the 1800's :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Not worth it my friend. Its taken me a long time but i have finally learned that you cant argue with people like these(well i hope iv learned;)).

Its their way of thinking and nothing else for them. Better left alone.

Not worth it my friend. Its taken me a long time but i have finally learned that you cant argue with people like these(well i hope iv learnt). Ultimately pointless.

And what kind of people are we? Shels fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

DSB wrote: »
    Quite a long time ago, when there was actually a need for a club.

Well the market is our friend. If there is oversaturation in Dublin eventually one or two clubs will disappear. Fingal aren't reaching out to Dublin City but to the Fingal region, so there's a chance they will live on. Shels can continue to target within the city limits for future supporters and maybe beyond should Fingal fail further north.

• Advertisement

Not worth it my friend. Its taken me a long time but i have finally learned that you cant argue with people like these(well i hope iv learned;)).

You know im right :cool:

We have sligo at home in the league cup. Was hoping for one of the bigger Dublin clubs like Bohs or Shamrock Rvs.

Game is on the 18th/19th of may.

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/654-league-champions-to-play-last-seasons-defeated-finalists-in-ea-sports-cup-quarter-finals

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Paul Skinner (keeper) and Mark Salmon (midfielder) any use? Two local lads that I know so wondering if they had decent games.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We have sligo at home in the league cup. Was hoping for one of the bigger Dublin clubs like Bohs or Shamrock Rvs.

Game is on the 18th/19th of may.

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/654-league-champions-to-play-last-seasons-defeated-finalists-in-ea-sports-cup-quarter-finals

Rovers are a Wicklow team nowadays afaik.:cool:

Bad result for us this weekend. Terrible one for shels. Hoping its a draw for the ucd/waterford game.

• Advertisement

Bad result for us this weekend. Terrible one for shels. Hoping its a draw for the ucd/waterford game.

Haha they were as bad as each other, you mad yoke. Drawing with Longford is pathetic, and so is drawing with Mervue. Having played both of them, its pretty fair to say, they're 2 of the worst teams I've ever seen, and if Kildare weren't in the league, they'd be pretty screwed for relegation.

Fact of the matter is, we beat Mervue out in Galway, and I imagine you're going to beat Longford at Morton. Home and away doesn't matter against teams of that level of ability, if you turn up on the day and put in the performance you will beat them. Only drawing away to Mervue away is a terrible result, not a bad result. Drawing at home to Limerick was a bad result. Lets not let that be disguised because Shels had a terrrible result this weekend aswell. We're both doing awful this season, and if UCD and Waterford can continue to overachieve, they could nip both of us to the title, and 1 of us to the playoff positions.

Haha they were as bad as each other, you mad yoke. Drawing with Longford is pathetic, and so is drawing with Mervue. Having played both of them, its pretty fair to say, they're 2 of the worst teams I've ever seen, and if Kildare weren't in the league, they'd be pretty screwed for relegation.

Fact of the matter is, we beat Mervue out in Galway, and I imagine you're going to beat Longford at Morton. Home and away doesn't matter against teams of that level of ability, if you turn up on the day and put in the performance you will beat them. Only drawing away to Mervue away is a terrible result, not a bad result. Drawing at home to Limerick was a bad result. Lets not let that be disguised because Shels had a terrrible result this weekend aswell. We're both doing awful this season, and if UCD and Waterford can continue to overachieve, they could nip both of us to the title, and 1 of us to the playoff positions.

Difference is yous where outplayed by longford for long periods of the game and where at home with your great support, No wait a second what was the attendance 750 was it:pac:. I guess your numbers are slipping. Could you blame them, having to watch that type of football.
    Mervue have actually done quite well so far this season and we actually dominated our game for the most part. Im not worried about us but it seems the shels boys are getting a little nervous

Difference is yous where outplayed by longford for long periods of the game and where at home with your great support, No wait a second what was the attendance 750 was it:pac:. I guess your numbers are slipping. Could you blame them, having to watch that type of football.
    Mervue have actually done quite well so far this season and we actually dominated our game for the most part. Im not worried about us but it seems the shels boys are getting a little nervous

Where you at the game :confused: Its funny, my mate who goes all Shels games, was only playing a bit of ball in the gym the other day and got handed a free season ticket to Fingal :D Yous must be really desperate for support.

Yep, the 1-1 result showed that.

You talked about good results and terrible results, not performances. A good performance counts for nothing if you can't win the game, and counts for even less if you throw away leads to lesser teams 2 weeks in a row. At least, despite our horrendous, pathetic and embarassing performance which everyone bar Madden and Delaney should be ashamed of, we came back from 2 nil down with 20 minutes left, which will instill confidence for next week, against yes, you guessed it Kildare County. We won't beat them 8 nil, we're not as good as Fingal at hammering teams, but a win will put us with a game in hand to go ahead of you lads after the first series of games. Nothing to be ashamed of considering your lads are full time and paid infinite amounts more. For the record though, I don't think we'll will win the league

You talked about good results and terrible results, not performances. A good performance counts for nothing if you can't win the game, and counts for even less if you throw away leads to lesser teams 2 weeks in a row. At least, despite our horrendous, pathetic and embarassing performance which everyone bar Madden and Delaney should be ashamed of, we came back from 2 nil down with 20 minutes left, which will instill confidence for next week, against yes, you guessed it Kildare County. We won't beat them 8 nil, we're not as good as Fingal at hammering teams, but a win will put us with a game in hand to go ahead of you lads after the first series of games. Nothing to be ashamed of considering your lads are full time and paid infinite amounts more. For the record though, I don't think we'll will win the league

Ah yes. but good performances will eventually lead to wins. Yous on the the other hand, Well lets just say mid-table mediocrity awaits you. Just below mervue:P. This season must really be getting to you. The more and more your club stays down the more and more they get forgotten about. Crowds are starting to show that. Enjoy. I know i am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Fingals crowds are up I see. Doubles figures this season. Well done:P

Ah yes. but good performances will eventually lead to wins. Yous on the the other hand, Well lets just say mid-table mediocrity awaits you. Just below mervue:P. This season must really be getting to you. The more and more your club stays down the more and more they get forgotten about. Crowds are starting to show that. Enjoy. I know i am.

We've done better than you have? 2 losses and a draw, as compared to 1 loss and 3 draws. And you've only seen us play how many times this season? You're absolutely ridiculous.

We've done better than you have? 2 losses and a draw, as compared to 1 loss and 3 draws. And you've only seen us play how many times this season? You're absolutely ridiculous.

:pac: Once and that was enough, BELIEVE ME:eek:. Shocking stuff.

Honestly, go back to your barstool of 2007 because NO club in Ireland play good football or have good crowds. Get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Not sure I agree there. Some clubs do play good football, just not all the time.

But, totally agree about the crowds. That's the biggest issue with the LOI.

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    But, totally agree about the crowds. That's the biggest issue with the LOI.

A fingal fan laughing at a Shels attendance is just gob****e stuff though.

Do you not understand that at this moment in time our club have very different expectations to yours? We're coming from a situation where we nearly went bust, and to be in this situation at all, is a massive achievement. For our club to be working on a vastly lower wage budget with no free apartments thrown out, and working on a part-time basis as opposed to full-time, and still be grinding out more results than your club is nothing short of amazing. The same can be said of the great jobs being done by Russell and Henderson. Buckley on the other hand needs to have a long look in the mirror.

We don't have the budget to splash out on classy footballers who play more pretty football, for the moment its about grinding out results, and hopefully getting to the Premier, whatever way we have to get there. When we eventually get there, and have a bigger budget, maybe then we can look at players who play sexy football. Right now we play in the graveyard, so we just have to do what it takes to get out of it. If Fingal, don't win the league by at least 10 points this year, then Buckley has done a bad job in my opinion, because his resources have been pretty much double what everyone else has had.

You'd know very well that you're new to the league, even though you might claim otherwise, because you just don't seem to understand that many clubs do not have the resources to buy the players to play pretty football, and just because the club you support is funded by some dodgy business man, you think you've got some sort of leverage to laugh at a club like Shels. But the reality is our manager has done a much better job than yours. You had a bigger budget than us last year, and didn't finish ahead of us. You've double our budget, plus those perks you're handing out this year, and I still think you'll only finish marginally ahead of us. So I'd seriously hush up until you get a clue about this league and its goings on, its not the English Premiership, and every club can't afford to be splashing out on superstars. Its a results business and Fingal's have been poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

SYLT wrote: »
    Where you at the game :confused: Its funny, my mate who goes all Shels games, was only playing a bit of ball in the gym the other day and got handed a free season ticket to Fingal :D Yous must be really desperate for support.

Yep, the 1-1 result showed that.

Its more sought after than what the golden ticket to Wonka's factory was :D

Do you not understand that at this moment in time our club have very different expectations to yours? We're coming from a situation where we nearly went bust, and to be in this situation at all, is a massive achievement. For our club to be working on a vastly lower wage budget with no free apartments thrown out, and working on a part-time basis as opposed to full-time, and still be grinding out more results than your club is nothing short of amazing. The same can be said of the great jobs being done by Russell and Henderson. Buckley on the other hand needs to have a long look in the mirror.

We don't have the budget to splash out on classy footballers who play more pretty football, for the moment its about grinding out results, and hopefully getting to the Premier, whatever way we have to get there. When we eventually get there, and have a bigger budget, maybe then we can look at players who play sexy football. Right now we play in the graveyard, so we just have to do what it takes to get out of it. If Fingal, don't win the league by at least 10 points this year, then Buckley has done a bad job in my opinion, because his resources have been pretty much double what everyone else has had.

You'd know very well that you're new to the league, even though you might claim otherwise, because you just don't seem to understand that many clubs do not have the resources to buy the players to play pretty football, and just because the club you support is funded by some dodgy business man, you think you've got some sort of leverage to laugh at a club like Shels. But the reality is our manager has done a much better job than yours. You had a bigger budget than us last year, and didn't finish ahead of us. You've double our budget, plus those perks you're handing out this year, and I still think you'll only finish marginally ahead of us. So I'd seriously hush up until you get a clue about this league and its goings on, its not the English Premiership, and every club can't afford to be splashing out on superstars. Its a results business and Fingal's have been poor.

YYYYYAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNNNN

How many times did you repeat yourself there buddy not to mention that its about the hundred time you have spouted the same stuff. I understand football and your lot dont play it. I have seen plenty of league of ireland teams and yous play the worst football, fact. You can dish it but you cant take it. Bye bye now:pac:

Haha no response in relation to the thousands you squander on players a week, yet the poor results that have followed, funny. But yes, do continue to justify that by criticising the horrible football you've seen us play once this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

So what you're trying to say is that we play the worst football in the League of Ireland? I'm pretty sure you'll see the likes of Kildare County or Wexford Youths on Soccer am next week taking up the showboat.

I'm gonna admit I haven't seen Fingal play more then once this season, so theres actually no way I can determine wheter you play attractive football, which you don't seem to, thats what is proved by attendances anyway.

You can maybe buy the title this season, but when you're funds back up on you and you find yourself knee deep in debt and you're investors are bored of you, the FAI may see that your fine long history of League of Ireland success and crowd pull factor is worth bailing you out;)

Haha no response in relation to the thousands you squander on players a week, yet the poor results that have followed, funny. But yes, do continue to justify that by criticising the horrible football you've seen us play once this season.

Meh. Just not going to go over all the same stuff again. And I didnt answer because i didnt disagree. And as iv said on numerous occasions you are the person who dodges valid points not me, ask me a direct question and ill answer honestly. You do realise iv been trying to rile you up the last few posts. Just thought you might like a taste of your own medicine and it worked. thank you:p

So what you're trying to say is that we play the worst football in the League of Ireland? I'm pretty sure you'll see the likes of Kildare County or Wexford Youths on Soccer am next week taking up the showboat.

I'm gonna admit I haven't seen Fingal play more then once this season, so theres actually no way I can determine wheter you play attractive football, which you don't seem to, thats what is proved by attendances anyway.

You can maybe buy the title this season, but when you're funds back up on you and you find yourself knee deep in debt and you're investors are bored of you, the FAI may see that your fine long history of League of Ireland success and crowd pull factor is worth bailing you out;)

Wexford and kildare both tried to play football. Yous have far better players and its a shame they dont get to play the game properly. You know what you play is crap, I just pointed it out. And people saying this type of football is the way to get out of the league dont know what they are talking about. I dont think UCD or Waterford have been playing this way have they. Did Dundalk last year.

We try to play the game the way it should be played. Does it always work? no. Our crowds are low because we are a new small club. Whats your excuse. We may fail and fold who knows. Im going to enjoy as much of it as i can while it lasts.

Meh. Just not going to go over all the same stuff again. And I didnt answer because i didnt disagree. And as iv said on numerous occasions you are the person who dodges valid points not me, ask me a direct question and ill answer honestly. You do realise iv been trying to rile you up the last few posts. Just thought you might like a taste of your own medicine and it worked. thank you:p

Haha I really don't get riled up on an internet forum, but I'll still defend Shels at the tip of my trucker hat haha. The main point of my post, was that Shels are doing much better towards what was expected of us, than the underachieving Fingal, so I'm not surprised that its considerably hush in here, as regards goings on at Morton.

• Advertisement

Wexford and kildare both tried to play football. Yous have far better players and its a shame they dont get to play the game properly. You know what you play is crap, I just pointed it out. And people saying this type of football is the way to get out of the league dont know what they are talking about. I dont think UCD or Waterford have been playing this way have they. Did Dundalk last year.

We try to play the game the way it should be played. Does it always work? no. Our crowds are low because we are a new small club. Whats your excuse. We may fail and fold who knows. Im going to enjoy as much of it as i can while it lasts.

Dundalk definitely did play that way against us the 5 times we played them last year. Waterford have also played that way every time we've played them, as did yous last season. This season you've been able to bring in whatever players you wanted and as a result could get those players. UCD are a different proposition as the kind of players they're able to get, are young flair players. An established 30 year old scrappy centre midfielder ain't gonna be joining UCD any soon. Like us, they make the best with what they can get. It didn't benefit them in the Premier of course. But theres no doubting, Keely and Russell have done better with their resources have done much better than Buckley.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement