Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Hate to admit it but yeah. It looked like our guys where playing a training match. While they havnt always been great this season there was something terribly wrong about the other night. I guess playing against waterford and seeing there commitment showed our team up even more. Some of our signings this season have been great, Williams and Kirby especially but 2 or 3 of them need to shape up or leave.

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear to be honest, because problems like that generally only get worse. You might beat us twice more this season, but if theres no spirit in the team, we'll still probably make those points up on rainy nights in Wexford and Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

DSB wrote: »
    Thats exactly what I wanted to hear to be honest, because problems like that generally only get worse. You might beat us twice more this season, but if theres no spirit in the team, we'll still probably make those points up on rainy nights in Wexford and Waterford.

Time will tell I guess.

The irony of the 2 teams I mentioned actually, both from the sunny south east haha, but they actually genuinely were our rainyest away trips/

Important game tonight. We still have all the same injury worries from last week except Byrne and Doyle will have fitness tests.

Its very important we have Byrne tonight. He has been our best defender this year. If he returns at least we will have two center backs playing for the first time in a while. I feel we need a win tonight to get us back on track. Hard game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Very tough game tonight. I wouldn't be too hopeful really.

But, hopefully it will be a good game. I plan to be there.

Come on Fingal. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Important game tonight. We still have all the same injury worries from last week except Byrne and Doyle will have fitness tests.

Its very important we have Byrne tonight. He has been our best defender this year. If he returns at least we will have two center backs playing for the first time in a while. I feel we need a win tonight to get us back on track. Hard game though.
    Your full backs will be more important. Most of our chances our created through Finn or from the wings. Our strikers aren't great- they are a lot worse than they appear on paper as our midfield have been creating great chances.

Best of luck tonight. I won't be able to make the game unfortunately.

Your full backs will be more important. Most of our chances our created through Finn or from the wings. Our strikers aren't great- they are a lot worse than they appear on paper as our midfield have been creating great chances.

Best of luck tonight. I won't be able to make the game unfortunately.

If byrne doesnt make it we will have three full backs playing in defense:eek:. Gannon our little full back will most likely play at center back again. Although after last weeks fiasco maybe someone else will fill in. Did Mc Faul ever play at the back. He has the height.

Best of luck too.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

If byrne doesnt make it we will have three full backs playing in defense:eek:. Gannon our little full back will most likely play at center back again. Although after last weeks fiasco maybe someone else will fill in. Did Mc Faul ever play at the back. He has the height.

Best of luck too.
    McFaul was RB when he was with Notts County. Never played at the back with us though. Could be an option as Bayly and Williams have been preferred to him this season, I think?

I've stuck money on Fingal at 2/1 tonight, I feel dirty, but can't turn down those odds. Still hope they lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

A good win for Fingal tonight. Just processing my photos from the game now. A well taken goal by Conan Byrne.

A shame that McFaul got injured and had to go off.

Both sides had very good chances, but Fingal managed to put one away.

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    A good win for Fingal tonight. Just processing my photos from the game now. A well taken goal by Conan Byrne.

A shame that McFaul got injured and had to go off.

Both sides had very good chances, but Fingal managed to put one away.

What was the team and how bad was mc fauls injury. We can do without any more injuries to be honest

McFaul was RB when he was with Notts County. Never played at the back with us though. Could be an option as Bayly and Williams have been preferred to him this season, I think?

I get the feeling Buckley would prefer a center midfield of MC Faul and Williams. Injury to Mc Faul (now twice) has stopped this. The little i Have seen of Mc faul has impressed me, Williams has been one of our players of the season so far. Bayly is a little mad but effective

I just felt that Mc Faul may make a better option at Center back than Gannon while our established center backs are injured. Unfortunately it seems he is injured again:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Wexford fan here, on a high after beating Waterford 2-1 tonight, looking forward to game against ye next Friday. We're on a decent run of form so hoping to make amends for a poor performance up in Santry at start of season. Both teams will be confident after good wins this weekend, should hopefully make for a good game of ball.

I've lots of faith in Wexford to take something from that game actually. Fingal have significantly better footballers, theres no doubting that, but I've never seen a team give me as much of a feel of togetherness as Wexford, whereas I don't think Fingal players are really playing for the shirt, and until they stop trying to jump before they can walk I can see that being the case. Man City syndrome. So I can see this one being a draw. I'm confident enough we'll steal another 1 goal victory from nowhere against Waterford thanks to another Bisto winner (hes scored the decisive goal in 7 of our 12 games this season), and we might start to pull away, at least until July, when Fingal might sign a title winning team.

Alyosha wrote: »
    Wexford fan here, on a high after beating Waterford 2-1 tonight, looking forward to game against ye next Friday. We're on a decent run of form so hoping to make amends for a poor performance up in Santry at start of season. Both teams will be confident after good wins this weekend, should hopefully make for a good game of ball.

Yeah. Should be a good one. Yous are on a great run. If you beat us I think yous will have to be considered an outside bet for the play offs. Best of luck anyway but obviously after this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Yeah. Should be a good one. Yous are on a great run. If you beat us I think yous will have to be considered an outside bet for the play offs. Best of luck anyway but obviously after this game.

I think we'll stay put where we are in fifth, with a better chance of Limerick overtaking us than us finishing ahead of one of the "Big 4". Would be massive for the club if we could finish fourth, think the playoffs are out of our reach this year though.

If our senior players perform as they have been the last couple games (we were horrid unlucky not to beat Shels), and if Gary Sheehan and Gavin Doyle link well up front we have a definite chance of getting something from the game.

Alyosha wrote: »
    I think we'll stay put where we are in fifth, with a better chance of Limerick overtaking us than us finishing ahead of one of the "Big 4". Would be massive for the club if we could finish fourth, think the playoffs are out of our reach this year though.

If our senior players perform as they have been the last couple games (we were horrid unlucky not to beat Shels), and if Gary Sheehan and Gavin Doyle link well up front we have a definite chance of getting something from the game.

We have been better away from home so i hope this carries on against yous. That said I would take a draw and not be too disappointed.

We have been better away from home so i hope this carries on against yous. That said I would take a draw and not be too disappointed.

Really? No disrespect to Wexford, they're a decent side, but they're not the sort of side, you'd settle for a draw against, I mean it might happen, but its definitely a very disappointing result, as is points dropped against any of the bottom 8. Obviously more disappointing against Kildare, Longford or Harps but still.

Some big games tonight. Im hoping shels and waterford draw for obvious reasons. We need the win to take advantage of the inevitable slip up by shels or waterford or both. At best we can hope for a UCD draw but you never know.

Haha we are simply just too good................for now. Whoever it was posting on here at the start of the seasn about Flood being crocked has really been shut up

• Advertisement

Haha we are simply just too good................for now. Whoever it was posting on here at the start of the seasn about Flood being crocked has really been shut up

:confused:. Are we a little p*ssed

:confused:. Are we a little p*ssed

Haha I don't drink man. But seriously, there was someone in this thread around February saying Flood failed a medical with Fingal and was crocked.

Haha I don't drink man. But seriously, there was someone in this thread around February saying Flood failed a medical with Fingal and was crocked.

As far as i remember it was sportingman. He hasnt posted in a while. He is or was a steward at the ground.

Im surprised (not shocked) that yous managed to get the result against waterford. They really where very good against us. Im sure they would have been looking for at least 4 points from their last 2 games but have ended up with nothing. How did the game go. How did yous play and how good or bad where waterford.
    It seems we are still playing average but picking up some lucky results. We are finding it hard to break teams down at the moment it seems.
    The game against yous is looking more and more important as the weeks go by.
    I will also be in tolka to see leeds when they come over. I hope yous put out a strong team against them again. The game didnt do yous any favor last year and if memory serves me right yous went on a bad run after the game.

Word on the street is Doyle will be staying at his request. Dinny staying to i also heard Flood failed a medical and fitness test and intrested was lost in him and Rodgers also request to come back ????????????????foot.ie.gif
    still talking with Bohs Centre half name i dont know yet.
    Id be glad if Doyle signed hes a handfull but i put my faith in Liam and John to manage him maybe he learned from sitting on the beanch the last 6 weeks of the season.
    How can you say rubbish when he was out for most of the end of last season with ligament damage to his knee a problem that wont go away the older you get i know only to well and it takes a lot of rehab and training to get back to full fittnes and who in there right mind with all going in the league would sign a contract so early before checking out other options.

Incase anyones looking for proof. I daresay Fingal could have done with a player with the commitment and drive that Flood has.

As far as i remember it was sportingman. He hasnt posted in a while. He is or was a steward at the ground.

Im surprised (not shocked) that yous managed to get the result against waterford. They really where very good against us. Im sure they would have been looking for at least 4 points from their last 2 games but have ended up with nothing. How did the game go. How did yous play and how good or bad where waterford.
    It seems we are still playing average but picking up some lucky results. We are finding it hard to break teams down at the moment it seems.

We were fantastic, to be honest it seems its gotten to the point where we seem to raise our game to just enough to beat the team we're playing. I'm still very worried about the UCD and Fingal games (as I'd say our opponents are too) but I reckon we'll come out of those 2 marginally on top, and from there I'd expect us to win the remainder of our games from this series. Outside the UCD and Fingal defeats, the only team that have taken any points off us is that Longford draw. Would I consider it possible for us to lose to UCD and Fingal again and still be on top at the end of the series? Probably. Do I see us getting less than 2 points from those 2 games? Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Really? No disrespect to Wexford, they're a decent side, but they're not the sort of side, you'd settle for a draw against, I mean it might happen, but its definitely a very disappointing result, as is points dropped against any of the bottom 8. Obviously more disappointing against Kildare, Longford or Harps but still.
    Congrats on the result. No real complaints from us on that front. Our lads lost a bit of disipline when the officials continued to make bizarre decisions and totally lost control of the game. That is where we are still learning and should have backed away. If we had kept our mind on the game insted of that twat in the middle, we would have taken something from it.
    Fingal looked like the best equiped side we've seen for promotion this year, so best of luck to you. Less fans came down than usual, any reason?

oldyouth wrote: »
    Congrats on the result. No real complaints from us on that front. Our lads lost a bit of disipline when the officials continued to make bizarre decisions and totally lost control of the game. That is where we are still learning and should have backed away. If we had kept our mind on the game insted of that twat in the middle, we would have taken something from it.
    Fingal looked like the best equiped side we've seen for promotion this year, so best of luck to you. Less fans came down than usual, any reason?

Yeah i Heard the official wasnt the best (probably an understatement) From what iv read our two centre mids Mc Faul and Williams played well. I think its very important we keep these lads fit and on the pitch. From our line up I see we still havnt managed to get any of our injured lads back on the pitch. I have to admit its starting to get frustrating knowing our first 11 has barely played together all season.

Not sure about the fans not turning up.

Anyway best of luck to wexford for the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Yeah i Heard the official wasnt the best (probably an understatement) From what iv read our two centre mids Mc Faul and Williams played well. I think its very important we keep these lads fit and on the pitch. From our line up I see we still havnt managed to get any of our injured lads back on the pitch. I have to admit its starting to get frustrating knowing our first 11 has barely played together all season.

Not sure about the fans not turning up.

Anyway best of luck to wexford for the rest of the season.
    We kept lumping balls up the centre in the 1st half and your centre backs out jumped us every time. 2nd half, we tried playing up the channels but weren't up to it. Your team look as if they run up and down sand dunes for 4 hours every day and then fed raw steak for tea. Big lads all round. Perhaps that is the difference between 1st division and premier division and that is why I think you will go up this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

was at the game, enjoyed it, love the trip to ferrycarrig. stewards are always a bit of crack!!
    good game bar the officials, that moment of madness at the end of the first half when the ref pointed to the spot when the foul looked like it was 25 yards out, and the linesman flagging for offside, v. confusing!

As for the poor fingal att. basically, theres no interest in away trips anymore, i guess its these recessionary times. last season we had round 50 fans (last game of the season) most of us stayed over too.
    friday night i ran a 16 seater, and that was it. i guess people/parents are just starting to tighten their wallets when it comes to footie.
    but for €15 on the coach, it still bemuses me why. away att. have been very dissapointing this year,the most im running this season is a 16 seater.
    i guess the trip to blarney untied in the cup will be a stay over.

but hey anyone interested in coming along to an away game can get in touch with myself <snip>.
    Im the secretary to the supporters club. the best time to call would be between 5pm-8pm as i work night shifts.

• Advertisement

http://sportingfingal.freeforums.org/index.php

For anybody thats interested:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement