Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

http://sportingfingal.freeforums.org/index.php

For anybody thats interested:)
    Hi Lamper, are you inviting outside contributors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

oldyouth wrote: »
    Hi Lamper, are you inviting outside contributors?

All Welcome as far as im concerned.

Grand, I miss the banter since I stopped pandering to the will of 'he who must be obeyed' on a certain football forum, where I believe you are also a member.

I'm actually PRO this year for the Youths Supporters Club and want to make contact with all the other 1st Division clubs. In your case, I think that would be for this season only :). Hope I haven't put the hex on you for that

Grand, I miss the banter since I stopped pandering to the will of 'he who must be obeyed' on a certain football forum, where I believe you are also a member.

I'm actually PRO this year for the Youths Supporters Club and want to make contact with all the other 1st Division clubs. In your case, I think that would be for this season only :). Hope I haven't put the hex on you for that

I wonder who your talking about;). Had one or two run ins myself with that ego maniac. I came close to being booted out myself. I remember your name from the other place. So you will no longer be posting there then?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I was at the Sporting Fingal and NDSL partnership launch yesterday evening. Always good to see Sporting Fingal get involved more with the community.

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    I was at the Sporting Fingal and NDSL partnership launch yesterday evening. Always good to see Sporting Fingal get involved more with the community.

Great to see. They really are pushing themselves this year with the community. Every time i look around there seems to be a new initiative starting. This is good for the community of Fingal and hopefully the club will reap the rewards of this in the future.

Hey Paul, You take pictures of the team in action at the games right? Would it be possible for you to post some of them up here as well. Not sure if its possible but could you also post some up on the new Sporting Fingal Chat site. I presume you are the Paul on the site.

They really do a lot of community work, with schools, clubs, associations, football clubs, etc. It's great to see, and is good for the kids and community too.

Yeah, I'm the official club photographer. I can certainly post picts here and on the other site. I haven't posted any before, but, if there are no objections from the mods, I'll post some in future.

I wonder who your talking about;). Had one or two run ins myself with that ego maniac. I came close to being booted out myself. I remember your name from the other place. So you will no longer be posting there then?
    Nope, and I'm not alone. I perfectly understand the need to control forums from abuse, language etc (and I did make the odd drunken post myself) but it got to the stage where everyone was being told what was and wasn't a valid opinion.
    I register with most club websites and contribute when a game is on between the clubs. Much better

Nope, and I'm not alone. I perfectly understand the need to control forums from abuse, language etc (and I did make the odd drunken post myself) but it got to the stage where everyone was being told what was and wasn't a valid opinion.
    I register with most club websites and contribute when a game is on between the clubs. Much better

I know i got a thread removed from the fingal part of the site because he said it wasnt a valid thread. In reality many people had posted on the thread so people where obviously interested and i was arguing with the guy who does the attendances on it. He obviously complained to he who must be obeyed and i got accused of cursing and got a warning. The curse i used was p*ss. It was wrote eactly like that with the star replacing the i. The message i got from his holyness cursed at me also, but when i pointed this out to him he said it was ok because it was a pm:rolleyes:. I romoved the curse and put the post back up but then the main man got rid of the whole thread saying it wasnt a worthy thread and if i didnt understand that then maybe i shouldnt be posting on the site. He was just protecting one of his mates on the site who is one of the biggest sh*t stirrers there anyway and I just decided to point that out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

if there are no objections from the mods, I'll post some in future.
    No objections. HB :)

• Advertisement

Terrible display, Right result.

Fingal seemed to have most of the possession, but lacked penetration. Some good play and passing, especially around the back line. Zayed had a few chances, and nice to see him get another goal.

The ref didn't have the best of games, especially after waving away a free kick on the edge of the box, which the linesman clearly flagged for.

Anyway, a few images from the game.

Conan on a run

3642875901_0a0b956b38_m.jpg

Shaun Williams controls the midfield

3643661236_42a7d914c4_m.jpg

Eamon Zayed takes the ball under control

3643661018_0216e3d56b_m.jpg

Fingal seemed to have most of the possession, but lacked penetration. Some good play and passing, especially around the back line. Zayed had a few chances, and nice to see him get another goal.

The ref didn't have the best of games, especially after waving away a free kick on the edge of the box, which the linesman clearly flagged for.

Not only did we miss an opportunity because of the foul and also a chance from a free kick. You could debate that the kildare guy stopped a goal scoring opportunity and should have seen red. How and why the ref over ruled the linesman is beyond me. The linesman had a perfect view while the ref was back near the halfway line. Shocking refereeing again in this league

Much happier to see us finally play a 4-4-2 formation for the last 20 or so minutes. Hopefully that will be the formation from now on. The 4-3-3 does not work for us especially at home.

Cheers for the photos

I was shocked seeing the ref over-rule the linesman. The worst decision I've seen in a long time.

Yeah, 4-4-2 certainly did give better options and more chances.

We have good wingers, who can give good service to the forwards.

Hoping for a Decent result against Harps. Nice to be back after the break.

Sporting Fingal FC Team Bulletin

League of Ireland First Division

Finn Harps v Sporting Fingal

Sporting Fingal will look to extend their winning streak to five games on Saturday when they make their first ever trip to Donegal to face Finn Harps (8pm).

Three successive one-nil victories in the league, coupled with the win at Blarney United in the FAI Ford Cup, have reignited Fingal’s season at the midway stage of the campaign.

“We’re in good shape heading into the second part of the season,” admitted manager Liam Buckley.

“The lads are refreshed after having a bit of time off last week but, like me, they are looking forward to resuming fixtures. A few recent results have kept us in contention for promotion and it’s essential we concentrate on the task ahead and apply ourselves properly in every game, starting at Finn Harps.
    “They have just come off the back of a decent one-all draw at title challengers UCD and the players will be focussed on impressing their new manager James Gallagher.

Experienced defenders Shaun Maher (foot) and Stephen Paisley (ankle) are both still at least three weeks away from returning to action while centre-back Gareth Whelan is suspended for the meeting against Harps. Also sitting this one out for incurring bookings in four games is midfielder Shaun Williams. Robbie Doyle’s ongoing knee problem makes him a doubt.

Central defender Philip Byrne is available again following a calf injury, while Buckley’s attacking options are boosted by the return of striker Daniel Corcoran from a hamstring strain.

Good to see the injured coming back. They've been missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Really poor result tonight lads.

DSB wrote: »
    Really poor result tonight lads.

Especially after going 1 up. Ah well. There will be plenty more twist and turns before this league is over. When is that game in hand you have. If you beat harps then, it will be quite difficult for us to catch you.

Especially after going 1 up. Ah well. There will be plenty more twist and turns before this league is over. When is that game in hand you have. If you beat harps then, it will be quite difficult for us to catch you.

Its August 15th, I can't see them getting anything out of the game against us, we're a different prospect for teams like that. Your players would probably beat a good few of ours in terms of pure ability, but Keely has assembled a squad of lads who will dig in for the cause, and thats all you really need to beat the teams outside the top 4 to be honest, they haven't got much about them. I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped a few points against yous and UCD, but I'd still imagine we'll go right back to beating the other teams to make sure we're still top for quite a while.

• Advertisement

Its August 15th, I can't see them getting anything out of the game against us, we're a different prospect for teams like that. Your players would probably beat a good few of ours in terms of pure ability, but Keely has assembled a squad of lads who will dig in for the cause, and thats all you really need to beat the teams outside the top 4 to be honest, they haven't got much about them. I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped a few points against yous and UCD, but I'd still imagine we'll go right back to beating the other teams to make sure we're still top for quite a while.

The game against yous in tolka is looking more and more important now. Especially for us. I think we will need to get the win. ill be visiting tolka twice in a week. Hopefully both my teams will win

Better not play flood against leeds.;)

I suppose it not ideal preparation for such a big game against us to have leeds on the tuesday. Will you put out a strong side like last year against leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

I think we're bringing in a few more players soon so I hope there here before then so we have a bigger squad. Playing Leeds and Millwall is stupid IMO. Leeds is understandable for money reasons but Millwall ffs

I think we're bringing in a few more players soon so I hope there here before then so we have a bigger squad. Playing Leeds and Millwall is stupid IMO. Leeds is understandable for money reasons but Millwall ffs

I totally understand the reasons for it, just not ideal prep.

Hey DSB. Considering your the man who just loves to knock us about how bad our attendances are. How many was it that turned up for that mervue game? :eek: Must feel bad to be getting similar crowds to a team a year and a half in existence. (hey come on we havnt argued in ages)

Hey DSB. Considering your the man who just loves to knock us about how bad our attendances are. How many was it that turned up for that mervue game? :eek: Must feel bad to be getting similar crowds to a team a year and a half in existence. (hey come on we havnt argued in ages)

Haha you can't judge on one attendance like, thats our lowest attendance by a good distance, its about the same as your average, probably higher I think. But yeah, you're right, woeful turnout, they missed out though.

As for Leeds during the week, I'd imagine the lineups for Leeds and Fingal will be vastly different. I wouldn't say under 20s or anything like that, but you'll have the likes of Hedderman, Keely, Doyle, Baker, McMillan and Murray playing along with the lads we have training with us and on trial at the moment, not a hope Flood or any of the big boys will play after what happened last year.

In fairness its not just this game where you attendances have been dropping.

As for Leeds during the week, I'd imagine the lineups for Leeds and Fingal will be vastly different. I wouldn't say under 20s or anything like that, but you'll have the likes of Hedderman, Keely, Doyle, Baker, McMillan and Murray playing along with the lads we have training with us and on trial at the moment, not a hope Flood or any of the big boys will play after what happened last year.

Yeah cant imagine yous taking that risk again especially with the game against us coming up straight after. I cant wait for that week though with the shels v sporting the highlight of a good week of football.

In fairness its not just this game where you attendances have been dropping.

Yeah cant imagine yous taking that risk again especially with the game against us coming up straight after. I cant wait for that week though with the shels v sporting the highlight of a good week of football.

Our average attendance this year has been higher than last year. And lets not forget your average attendance has been helped in a gigantic way by us. I'm not saying our attendances are amazing or anything, I've been supporting Shels long enough to know what things are like, but our attendances have been steadily increasing in the 2 seasons since our first in the First Division(except the first few games where people tried to support us in the First Division, but decided they were too good for it).

Our average attendance this year has been higher than last year. And lets not forget your average attendance has been helped in a gigantic way by us. I'm not saying our attendances are amazing or anything, I've been supporting Shels long enough to know what things are like, but our attendances have been steadily increasing in the 2 seasons since our first in the First Division(except the first few games where people tried to support us in the First Division, but decided they were too good for it).

Let not start tipping the stats in your favour. Your average is down on the same last year probably due to the fact Dundalk are not in the league so i would say its about the same as last years taking into consideration the dundalk factor.
    Our average is improved by your away support but not the margin you are making out. Our average would probably be in the low 600 s without your away crowd but keeping our crowd from the same game. (just in case you want to exclude that game all together;))
    Now i havnt gone and worked it out eactly. Iv made a educated guess so dont be coming back with figures that are 50 to 60 in the difference and tell me im wrong.

Let not start tipping the stats in your favour. Your average is down on the same last year probably due to the fact Dundalk are not in the league so i would say its about the same as last years taking into consideration the dundalk factor.
    Our average is improved by your away support but not the margin you are making out. Our average would probably be in the low 600 s without your away crowd but keeping our crowd from the same game. (just in case you want to exclude that game all together;))
    Now i havnt gone and worked it out eactly. Iv made a educated guess so dont be coming back with figures that are 50 to 60 in the difference and tell me im wrong.

When something shapes it by 50 or 60 its a massive difference considering you must have played 9 or 10 home games this season.

• Advertisement

When something shapes it by 50 or 60 its a massive difference considering you must have played 9 or 10 home games this season.

And am i out by 50 or 60

A massive difference, really:confused: Not when we are talking about hundreds of fans as apposed to thousands. You need to tone down these words you keep using Gigantic, Massive. It gives the wrong impression. Maybe the word large or big would suite you better.

Anyway not the main point we are on about is it though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement