Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

And am i out by 50 or 60

A massive difference, really:confused: Not when we are talking about hundreds of fans as apposed to thousands. You need to tone down these words you keep using Gigantic, Massive. It gives the wrong impression. Maybe the word large or big would suite you better.

Anyway not the main point we are on about is it though.

50 or 60 times 9 or 10 is say 450 or 600 people, in LOI Division 1 terms that is absolutely huge to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

DSB wrote: »
    50 or 60 times 9 or 10 is say 450 or 600 people, in LOI Division 1 terms that is absolutely huge to be fair.

Ill say it again. Am i out by 50 to 60?

We are talking about averages here. You dont just add it all together and say 450 to 600 just to try and add weight to an argument you havnt even answered the question to.

Ill say it again. Am i out by 50 to 60?

We are talking about averages here. You dont just add it all together and say 450 to 600 just to try and add weight to an argument you havnt even answered the question to.

Yes we're talking about averages, and what constitutes averages? The 9 or 10 different attendances over the season that you're finding the attendance of. So of course it is relevant.

Yes we're talking about averages, and what constitutes averages? The 9 or 10 different attendances over the season that you're finding the attendance of. So of course it is relevant.

Am I out by 50 or 60? (I think thats 4 times now)

What exactly is this so called point you are fumbling to try and make. You keep going on about how the average at 50 or 60 will amount to 450 or 600 over 10 games when you havnt even identified whether my original figure is out by that much or not. So why are you constantly sticking to this point when this is not what we where talking about. Nothing else to say I guess

Am I out by 50 or 60? (just thought id put it in again for you)

Am I out by 50 or 60? (I think thats 4 times now)

What exactly is this so called point you are fumbling to try and make. You keep going on about how the average at 50 or 60 will amount to 450 or 600 over 10 games when you havnt even identified whether my original figure is out by that much or not. So why are you constantly sticking to this point when this is not what we where talking about. Nothing else to say I guess

Am I out by 50 or 60? (just thought id put it in again for you)

Yes you're out in the average by 50 or 60, if you want to put it that simply.

• Advertisement

Yes you're out in the average by 50 or 60, if you want to put it that simply.

Yay well done.

Explain please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

There's not much merit talking about attendence comparision until the club is 5 years old if you ask me.

dsmythy wrote: »
    There's not much merit talking about attendence comparision until the club is 5 years old if you ask me.

I know but the chat has been quiet in here of late so might as well chat/argue about something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Hi Lads/Ladies

I've yet to get around to registering on your forum, but I will soon. Can I ask if you can throw some light on a rumour in Wexford that one of your players is to sign for the Youths. I don't have the name or position even. All I'm told is that he got his game last year, but not this and that he lives in the Gorey area

Any ideas?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Very good result tonight. Some very well taken goals. Tight enough in the first half though.

• Advertisement

oldyouth wrote: »
    Hi Lads/Ladies

I've yet to get around to registering on your forum, but I will soon. Can I ask if you can throw some light on a rumour in Wexford that one of your players is to sign for the Youths. I don't have the name or position even. All I'm told is that he got his game last year, but not this and that he lives in the Gorey area

Any ideas?

Cheers

Players who played for us last year and are stil here not getting much of a game are Colm James ( very good player) Fiachra Mc ardle ( can be quite good on his day) Dinny ( young striker who needs more experience)

Paulw wrote: »
    Very good result tonight. Some very well taken goals. Tight enough in the first half though.

Really wasnt happy for the most part. I know we won 4 to nothing but we where sh#t up until the first goal

Roll on shels

Ah 4 nil is always a good performance overall. If you think otherwise you're expecting too much, Shels were fantastic last night, seems that my predictions of us eventually stopping grinding out results and beginning to win convincingly were correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Roll on next week:D

Really wasnt happy for the most part. I know we won 4 to nothing but we where sh#t up until the first goal

They were lacking that penetration up front for the first half. Plenty of the ball, plenty of passing, but just not getting anything up front.

Conan did well taking his three goals, especially scoring the shot from half way.

Just out of interest, if you were to be in the First Division again next season, dya reckon you'd be working off a lower, higher or similar budget next year?

Just out of interest, if you were to be in the First Division again next season, dya reckon you'd be working off a lower, higher or similar budget next year?

A similar budget. Then again, the club has a lot going on, and a new stadium/facility will cost, but it seems the money is there.

A similar budget. Then again, the club has a lot going on, and a new stadium/facility will cost, but it seems the money is there.

Jaysus, is that kind of budget really sustainable for 2 years minimum in a league with new attendances/no TV money, I assumed it was being pumped in this year as a means to create future income, if it failed I can't imagine them trying the same approach until it works.

Ah 4 nil is always a good performance overall. If you think otherwise you're expecting too much, Shels were fantastic last night, seems that my predictions of us eventually stopping grinding out results and beginning to win convincingly were correct.

No its not.
    I said to my mates we will win 4 nil as a joke at half time. They laughed their ass off because it was such a ridiculous statement based on how we where playing.
    Even though we won 4 nil we where terrible and if we play similar against yous we will lose,

Jaysus, is that kind of budget really sustainable for 2 years minimum in a league with new attendances/no TV money, I assumed it was being pumped in this year as a means to create future income, if it failed I can't imagine them trying the same approach until it works.

Ah the usual Dsb bull.

Ask what seems to be an honest footballing question but in fact its just a way of getting on to a topic he has already made up his mind about.

Its getting Tired Dude.

Ah now, lets not act like you know me. That was a genuine question.

• Advertisement

No its not.
    I said to my mates we will win 4 nil as a joke at half time. They laughed their ass off because it was such a ridiculous statement based on how we where playing.

Yeah, they just weren't getting much up front in the first half. But, as Kirby said after the first goal, it was down to patience. Keep plugging away and the goals will come.

The game this Fri should be good. I hope I can make it.

Ah now, lets not act like you know me. That was a genuine question.

I dont know you but i have been reading your posts on here for over a year now and its what you tend to do. It doesnt take a genius to realise you ask a question so you can start up the usual rant about our finances. Read back there are plenty of examples. Sure didnt I just post up a good few examples of them a while ago. Im just saying change the record.

Yeah, they just weren't getting much up front in the first half. But, as Kirby said after the first goal, it was down to patience. Keep plugging away and the goals will come.

The game this Fri should be good. I hope I can make it.

Its the big one alright. You have to make this one if possible. If we get the win it will be a big step in getting us back in touch with shels plus it would be a great confidence booster for the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Players who played for us last year and are stil here not getting much of a game are Colm James ( very good player) Fiachra Mc ardle ( can be quite good on his day) Dinny ( young striker who needs more experience)
    Lamper, I have a bit more info. He is a young lad (U20) who is an attacking midfielder. Does that narrow it down?

Cheers

oldyouth wrote: »
    Lamper, I have a bit more info. He is a young lad (U20) who is an attacking midfielder. Does that narrow it down?

Cheers

The only one who comes close is Daniel Corcoran (Dinny). He is a striker though. I think he did fill in in midfield once or twice. He started a few games towards the end of last year when Liam was leaving Doyle and Hynse out.
    He is only back from injury in the last week or so (out all season with a hamstring injury). He got a goal against Harps on his return. Iv never been too impressed by him but he is young so could develop into a good player. When all our strikers are fit there would be four lads ahead of him so maybe thats why he might end up with yous.

The other option would be Colm james. Dont think he fits the description though. Midfielder who scored a couple of crackers for us last year. Very good player and im a bit disappointed he isnt playing more at the moment. Not sure of his age but im sure its older than 20. I would not be happy if he went.

I dont know you but i have been reading your posts on here for over a year now and its what you tend to do. It doesnt take a genius to realise you ask a question so you can start up the usual rant about our finances. Read back there are plenty of examples. Sure didnt I just post up a good few examples of them a while ago. Im just saying change the record.

Its not a crime to have the same opinion on an ongoing issue, and to ask how fans of the club feel that particular issue is progressing, given that part of the plan isn't going well so far.

Its not a crime to have the same opinion on an ongoing issue, and to ask how fans of the club feel that particular issue is progressing, given that part of the plan isn't going well so far.

It is when you dont even listen to what others have to say and just stick to the same opinions of which you voice over and over again until people would rather stick pins in their eyes than have to listen to one more dsb rant on sporting fingals budget.

It is when you dont even listen to what others have to say and just stick to the same opinions of which you voice over and over again until people would rather stick pins in their eyes than have to listen to one more dsb rant on sporting fingals budget.

If you've a problem with anything I say, report it.

If you've a problem with anything I say, report it.

Nah. I wouldnt stoop to that. Im quite able to deal with you on my own. Plus its amusing sometimes to see what way you are going to wriggle out of the latest argument. My favourite is when you just dont answer. Great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

To be honest, I was getting a bit tired of coming on here and arguing a case, you seem to have an answer for everything:D

Any injuries ahead of Friday for Fingal?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement