Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Any injuries ahead of Friday for Fingal?

Nothing new, that I'm aware of. Looking good really. Hopefully Robbie Doyle will be back again soon, but it might be another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

To be honest, I was getting a bit tired of coming on here and arguing a case, you seem to have an answer for everything:D

Any injuries ahead of Friday for Fingal?

Just when people are wrong:D

None except the long term lads from what i know. (Maher, Paisley) Not sure about Robbie Doyle. I think he is getting back to full fitness but whether he will be fit for this game, I dont know.

Id expect our team to be: 4-3-3

Kirby, O Neil, Conan,

Williams, Bayly,
    Mc Faul,

Frost, G. Whelan, P. Byrne, Gannon

Quigley

The other players who may be involved would be Zayed and Gaynor. Gaynor was in the stand last week so maybe injured, havnt heard anything though.

How about yous, any injuries or suspensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

DSB & Lamper - While neither of you have overstepped the mark from my point of view, you both need to chill out before this gets nasty & I have to start dishing out bans. Keep a healthy debate going by all means but stop baiting each other. Thanks. HB

Hill Billy wrote: »
    DSB & Lamper - While neither of you have overstepped the mark from my point of view, you both need to chill out before this gets nasty & I have to start dishing out bans. Keep a healthy debate going by all means but stop baiting each other. Thanks. HB

He started it:D

No worries. Im done

He started it:D
    Oi! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I think someone needs to chill out a bit , its not foot.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I was at training tonight, and looks like good news for Friday. More strength in the backs again.

Looking forward to the game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Should be a good match, we're missing a few players but should have a very strong team still. Can't see us losing tbh.

Bringing more than 30-40 fans unlike your last visit!?:P

We are hijacking a few Bingo buses and giving them Fingal scarfs and saying that the bingo is at half time if the lights stay on :D

We have a good record against shels so im confident of a good result in Fingal's favour.

Has the powers at be at shelbourne finally coped on that they are a first division side and charge entry fee as such or do they still think they are a premier division club and charge premier entry fees?

Sporting Fingal FC Team Bulletin

League of Ireland First Division
    Friday, 17th July (8pm)
    Shelbourne v Sporting Fingal
    Tolka Park

Stephen Paisley is in contention to feature for Sporting Fingal against league leaders Shelbourne on Friday night after recovering from an ankle injury which kept him out for the last ten weeks.

The return of the experienced centre-back for the meeting of the top two in the Division is a major plus for Fingal manager Liam Buckley, particularly at a time when defensive colleague and club captain Shaun Maher is still a week away from full fitness. Striker Robbie Doyle is the only other absentee with a knee injury.

Fingal got back to winning ways last week by inflicting a 4-0 defeat on Monaghan United at Morton Stadium and Buckley believes the same level of application will be required from his charges to extract points off the pace-setters.

“The effort from the lads last week was superb,” he said. “It took a bit of patience before we got the goals but I was always confident of making that vital first breakthrough.

“Shels are deservedly leading the pack at this point and I’m expecting a similarly tight game to the one we had against them in April when our one goal was the difference between the sides.

“There should be a good crowd at Tolka Park for this Dublin derby and our players will relish that type of occasion. We’ve had a decent run of late, bar the Finn Harps defeat, and the team is settling down after being ravaged by injuries in the first half of the campaign. We just need to sustain that level of performance.”

Winger Conan Byrne grabbed a hat-trick in the victory against Monaghan and is looking forward with excitement to the Shels fixture.

He said: “We’ve got back into the promotion race last weekend following the set-back at Finn Harps and the lads are really buzzing heading into this one.

“There is always very little between the sides in our matches against Shelbourne and one bit of quality could decide the outcome.”

Indeed, Shels have yet to overcome their North Dublin rivals in their five league meetings to date since Fingal entered the League of Ireland last season.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't see us losing tbh.

Bringing more than 30-40 fans unlike your last visit!?:P

Both right statements. Along with you jew fans buying a mere 7 progammes between them.:rolleyes:
    cymro wrote: »
    We have a good record against shels so im confident of a good result in Fingal's favour.

:cool:
    Has the powers at be at shelbourne finally coped on that they are a first division side and charge entry fee as such or do they still think they are a premier division club and charge premier entry fees?

No need to my man, and why bother. According to the wizards on foot.ie we've an average of 992 people at matches this season, the highest in the 1st Division, combined with that we managed to get 3343 people to the Leeds match and 1113 to the match tonight, I'd doubt there's much complaint from our support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

What a feeling, this league is really ours:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

DSB wrote: »
    What a feeling, this league is really ours:D:D:D

...to lose. No pressure now :pac:

If there was a pressure game for our lads, tonight was it. No more 6 pointer games til Waterford away in the next round of fixtures.

Both right statements. Along with you jew fans buying a mere 7 progammes between them.
    Banned for 1 month for racist comment. HB

Both right statements. Along with you jew fans buying a mere 7 progammes between them.:rolleyes:

:cool:

No need to my man, and why bother. According to the wizards on foot.ie we've an average of 992 people at matches this season, the highest in the 1st Division, combined with that we managed to get 3343 people to the Leeds match and 1113 to the match tonight, I'd doubt there's much complaint from our support.

3 thousand of them went to see Leeds :D

Taken from Dermot Keely's managers guide book

" When the other team's players get within a yard of you and you have the ball, fall down dramatically like you were taught by Billie Barry and pretend to be injured. If the play continues then get up and run after the ball. "

" Once you get the ball, kick it as far up the pitch as possible and do the above"

On a diffrent note, i see shels now have cut outs of fans :) is that how you bump up the attendance figures? :)

" When the other team's players get within a yard of you and you have the ball, fall down dramatically like you were taught by Billie Barry and pretend to be injured. If the play continues then get up and run after the ball. "

" Once you get the ball, kick it as far up the pitch as possible and do the above"

On a diffrent note, i see shels now have cut outs of fans :) is that how you bump up the attendance figures? :)

Well if thats the Dermot Keely's manager guide book I think Liam Buckley should try follow it to be fair. Look what Keely has done on half your budget part time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems, all that worked last night yes?

For a team who are only up the road and brought at least 30 fans, you can't really talk:p

Sore losers is all you's are, we won fair and square for once against you's. We wanted this win more than you's, simple as. 1 Nil to the Football Club

Hey hey hey whats all this arguing and im not even involved.

Shels deserved it to be honest. First half was decent from both sides but we just where not up to it in the second half. I blame our manager for our performances and not the players.

To be fair it was a little ridiculous how some of your players went down banging the ground in agony when there was nothing wrong. The worst was anto flood. Especially the one in the first half where he wasnt even touched and lay there screaming as if he was shot and then glances up to see if the ref was looking and then starts screaming at the linesman when the ref wasnt interested. Its not sour grapes from me by the way i just hate that stuff in football. I hated it when Robbie Doyle would try the same thing.
    Any way, as said yous deserved the win.

• Advertisement

Hey hey hey whats all this arguing and im not even involved.

Shels deserved it to be honest. First half was decent from both sides but we just where not up to it in the second half. I blame our manager for our performances and not the players.

To be fair it was a little ridiculous how some of your players went down banging the ground in agony when there was nothing wrong. The worst was anto flood. Especially the one in the first half where he wasnt even touched and lay there screaming as if he was shot and then glances up to see if the ref was looking and then starts screaming at the linesman when the ref wasnt interested. Its not sour grapes from me by the way i just hate that stuff in football. I hated it when Robbie Doyle would try the same thing.
    Any way, as said yous deserved the win.

Fair play not being sour unlike others. I agree some players went down and over reacted but I think I can recall a few of them in Santry last time. Huge win anyway and I can't see this team losing anytime soon, hopefully.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems, all that worked last night yes?

For a team who are only up the road and brought at least 30 fans, you can't really talk:p

Sore losers is all you's are, we won fair and square for once against you's. We wanted this win more than you's, simple as. 1 Nil to the Football Club

So you admit that your game plan was to dive and feign injury then?
    this how you got the free that led to the goal, you cant beat us without cheating, shocking stuff.:D

We had more than 30 fans but they were actually fans and not cut outs :D

After the match in Santry, what was the reaction of shels fans like on here ?:D

We lost cos we played like muck end of and and shels didnt have to do much to win. Best team won in the end even if they tried to cheat the ref all through the game cos they couldnt win otherwise :)
    You beat us once in the league thats all lads so calm yourselfs down a bit :D

this how you got the free that led to the goal, you cant beat us without cheating, shocking stuff.:D

We lost cos we played like muck end of and and shels didnt have to do much to win. Best team won in the end even if they tried to cheat the ref all through the game cos they couldnt win otherwise :)

I don't approve of it but it's being blown totally out of proportion on here, most oif the time they were genuine knocks. Tell me Fingal wouldn't do the same in such a huge game with plenty of tackles flying everywhere!

See I like the way you say you don't have cut out fans, when really the fans you have might aswell be(the majority, not all;)). Giving out free tickets and that lark would suggest the club needs fans to make Fingal look like there supported by the average folk, for show more then anything. Cardboard Cut-Outs;)

You say we can't beat you without cheating when you clearly also say the better team won, the refs aren't exactly for us either. A few decisions went against us too that shouldn't have. Also you's missed an oppurtunity to go in front at the start and you's fluffed it. We eventually controlled the game from out own goal line to the half way line, literally shutting you's out.

Take it as a knock and don't be going all whingy about ref's and all. I took the defeats as they were and I'm enjoying this one victory we have over you's, even if it is the only one.:D

I never said anything about the ref :) Thats what shels fans do after losing to us .:D

cymro wrote:
    Best team won in the end even if they tried to cheat the ref all through the game
    I never said anything about the ref :)

:confused:

:confused:

I think you are clutching at straws there Rizzla, you missed the point that i was blaming Shels players and not the ref :D

Shels won fair and square but what im realising is no matter what, whether they lose or win they dont do it gracefully. Whether its the fans or the team. Now im not saying thats you Rizzla or all shels fans but it is a trend. I have the least amount of respect for your club because of the way you handle yourselves after a match. I know im generalizing but its just somthing I have noticed.

Shels won fair and square but what im realising is no matter what, whether they lose or win they dont do it gracefully. Whether its the fans or the team. Now im not saying thats you Rizzla or all shels fans but it is a trend. I have the least amount of respect for your club because of the way you handle yourselves after a match. I know im generalizing but its just somthing I have noticed.

The reason you wouldn't see Fingal fans boasting about a win is because theres not enough of them around to notice, I'd see more Pats jerseys/fans in North Dublin than I would Fingal. In all fairness though I think I am going on to much about this victory and it seems like I'm gloating about it, I apologise. With our results against each other though you can see why the players really wanted this one. At least one win against you's before we are both in the Premier would be nice to look back on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SYLT

4 big grins and one smile face, wow, thats 5, the same number of fingal fans :p

• Advertisement

Struggling for something new to say i see , very original post.
    If there was a gob****e smilie then i would have put one here :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement