Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SYLT

cymro wrote: »
    Struggling for something new to say i see , very original post.
    If there was a gob****e smilie then i would have put one here :p

Theres a gob****e username and it belongs to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Any summer transfer rumours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

SYLT wrote: »
    Theres a gob****e username and it belongs to you :)

Still struggling i see.

DSB wrote: »
    Any summer transfer rumours?

I'm going on holidays if that helps :D

If we are signing anyone then lets hope he wants to earn his money unlike the overpaid wasters we have at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm going on holidays if that helps :D

If we are signing anyone then lets hope he wants to earn his money unlike the overpaid wasters we have at the moment.

You'd think certain players would be interested in playing for the money and getting promoted back up to Premier Division level and continuing to take their pay at that level. Wages still won't be around for the next couple of years.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    You'd think certain players would be interested in playing for the money and getting promoted back up to Premier Division level and continuing to take their pay at that level. Wages still won't be around for the next couple of years.

The Premier Division hardly acts as a motivating factor though, most of the players could have stayed there if they wanted, with pretty big clubs like. Money seems to be the motivating factor for a good few, and since they're getting it anyway, a few probably wouldn't be that enthused for playing for a club without the passion of some of the other clubs. Get the strong impression that Conan Byrne bleeds Fingal through and through though.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

The Premier Division hardly acts as a motivating factor though, most of the players could have stayed there if they wanted, with pretty big clubs like. Money seems to be the motivating factor for a good few, and since they're getting it anyway, a few probably wouldn't be that enthused for playing for a club without the passion of some of the other clubs. Get the strong impression that Conan Byrne bleeds Fingal through and through though.

He does. I guess he believes in what we are trying to do. Because of his off field duties it makes the club more important to him than some of the other players.

I still really feel that its not down to the players lack of motivation. The majority of the lads try week in week out bar one or two. Its our tactics that are not right. In saying that, we did play well on sunday.

Its our tactics that are not right. In saying that, we did play well on sunday.

Well against Longford at home is to be expected. Surely you're not questioning the bible according to Buckley there are you? :eek: :pac:

Well against Longford at home is to be expected. Surely you're not questioning the bible according to Buckley there are you? :eek: :pac:

Expected to win yes but you dont always get the right performance in these games.
    How many times have we barely threatened the goals against lesser teams and maybe got one goal to win the match. Even compare the Longford game to the monaghan game. On paper they looked similar both 0-0 at half time, both games have goals in the second half but the truth is we barely created a chance against monaghan up until we got the first goal. In the longford game we had chance after chance. How we went in 0-0 at halftime ill never know.

Iv been questioning the buckley method for a while now. Some of his team selections and tactics are starting to baffle me. I do hope he gets it right though because he does have a lot invested in the club and if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have a club to begin with.

• Advertisement

Still struggling i see.

Nope top of the league :D

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I wonder, if cork go out of business (not that i want it to happen by the way) will sporting try to snap up some of their players.

We seem to be a club (at the moment) who could offer them wages. Cant see many of the sides even in the top flight being able to pay much on wages. Shamrock rvs, Derry, Dundalk? maybe one or two others.

Not sure i would want any new players though. I guess it depends on the quality of player we could get off them.

Anyway just a thought rather than a hope

Rumour has it Billy Dennehy might be coming our way from Cork according to a cork fan on foot.ie.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Bit like Fingal in general :p

Rumour has it Billy Dennehy might be coming our way from Cork according to a cork fan on foot.ie.

Meant to be a couple of UK teams interested too.

If he chooses Fingal over UK teams I don't think you can be expecting too much for him in terms of commitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Another great win for Sporting Fingal. 4 goals - Williams, Kirby and Byrne (2x). Great to see them scoring well.

Keeps the league honest.

Paulw wrote: »
    Another great win for Sporting Fingal. 4 goals - Williams, Kirby and Byrne (2x). Great to see them scoring well.

Keeps the league honest.

Its still a 5 point lead with a game in hand thankfully, with you having Waterford and UCD coming up soon, we'd have to be hoping to have a 10 point lead over yous going into our double header against yous and UCD. 6 at the least.

Its still a 5 point lead with a game in hand thankfully, with you having Waterford and UCD coming up soon, we'd have to be hoping to have a 10 point lead over yous going into our double header against yous and UCD. 6 at the least.

We need positive results in those games and need yous to slip up again at some of the clubs not in the race. I really feel a lot will hinge on that harps game.

I think we can get the win against UCD at home but waterford away worries me. We have only picked up 1 point up the there in 3 games and they well and truly stuffed us in morton this year.

• Advertisement

We need positive results in those games and need yous to slip up again at some of the clubs not in the race. I really feel a lot will hinge on that harps game.

I think we can get the win against UCD at home but waterford away worries me. We have only picked up 1 point up the there in 3 games and they well and truly stuffed us in morton this year.

I don't think Harps is the 1 to worry about. Longford next week worries me, as does Monaghan away and Limerick at home in the next series.

Im not worried because its a game against harps, Its because its the game in hand. If you get the win i doubt we will catch yous any result other than a win and i feel we would still have a chance.

Im not worried because its a game against harps, Its because its the game in hand. If you get the win i doubt we will catch yous any result other than a win and i feel we would still have a chance.

But sure it doesn't matter which game if we drop points, we could beat Harps 5 nil and drop 2 points the next week against Kildare and it would have the same effect, as drawing with Harps and beating Kildare 5 nil.

But sure it doesn't matter which game if we drop points, we could beat Harps 5 nil and drop 2 points the next week against Kildare and it would have the same effect, as drawing with Harps and beating Kildare 5 nil.

True. He's probably thinking more of the psychological impact.

Jesus:eek: Youd argue with a kitten

Your looking for an argument in a simple throw away comment that isnt really that important.

You have been going on about how your a certain amount of points ahead plus a game in hand. You keep mentioning your game in hand here and foot.ie as an advantage. So when I suddenly state its an important game you say now its not:confused:

True. He's probably thinking more of the psychological impact.

Or the fact that if they win it and we are still 5 points behind at the time they will be 8 points ahead with the same amount of games played. Which at that point will be very difficult to claw back. If they lose it then 5 points isnt that hard to claw back.

Jesus:eek: Youd argue with a kitten

Your looking for an argument in a simple throw away comment that isnt really that important.

You have been going on about how your a certain amount of points ahead plus a game in hand. You keep mentioning your game in hand here and foot.ie as an advantage. So when I suddenly state its an important game you say now its not:confused:

Dsmythy seems to get it, so you should too. What I'm saying is theres no point in treating it as any more important than any other game, in the end its 3 points, and we have to get every single 3 points we've can. The reason I'm going on about the game in hand, is because I obviously reckon we'll win it, and thats an even bigger gap between us and the rest. Fairly simple really.

Dsmythy seems to get it, so you should too. What I'm saying is theres no point in treating it as any more important than any other game, in the end its 3 points, and we have to get every single 3 points we've can. The reason I'm going on about the game in hand, is because I obviously reckon we'll win it, and thats an even bigger gap between us and the rest. Fairly simple really.

I can literal feel my brain start to hurt.:eek: You cant be that stupid can you. (worth a warning or more. Sorry hill billy but it is) Read back what you just said. One minute its not important and the next you explain why you think its important:pac:

Your point at the end is what iv been talking about all along.
    Unbelievable. You disagree with me, contradict yourself, and then agree with me all in one paragraph. This is has to be the funniest stuff iv read in ages.

Keep it up DSB. You amuse me.

I can literal feel my brain start to hurt.:eek: You cant be that stupid can you. (worth a warning or more. Sorry hill billy but it is) Read back what you just said. One minute its not important and the next you explain why you think its important:pac:

Your point at the end is what iv been talking about all along.
    Unbelievable. You disagree with me, contradict yourself, and then agree with me all in one paragraph. This is has to be the funniest stuff iv read in ages.

Keep it up DSB. You amuse me.

What? You're just making up things now. I never said it wasn't important. I said it wasn't any more important than any other game, while at the end clarifying its an advantage we have over the other teams in the league( the advantage being that this game in hand means we can drop 3 points more than everyone else in this league without anyone making ground), that doesn't make the game any more important than any other game where we might gain or drop points. It isn't the Harps game thats significant, its the fact we've played a game less and are still 2 points ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A Yellow Card for Lamper. (The ironing is delicious.)

HB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement