Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 sfc 1892

must b hard bein a fan of a franchise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

sfc 1892 wrote: »
    must b hard bein a fan of a franchise

Yeah we've already had 77 pages of this already. We've moved on. Well i think we have anyway. Nearly all teams are franchises at the end of the day. Some are older than others is all.

Thank god for the playoffs this year. Makes the league extra interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 sfc 1892

dsmythy wrote: »
    Yeah we've already had 77 pages of this already. We've moved on. Well i think we have anyway. Nearly all teams are franchises at the end of the day. Some are older than others is all.

Thank god for the playoffs this year. Makes the league extra interesting.

ha yea your ri im jus tryna make up for shels bein in the first division by slaggin udr fans' teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

ha yea your ri im jus tryna make up for shels bein in the first division by slaggin udr fans' teams

You know Shels were formed in 1895, not 1892 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Hill Billy wrote: »
    A Yellow Card for Lamper. (The ironing is delicious.)

HB

Totally worth it:D

• Advertisement

DSB wrote: »
    What? You're just making up things now. I never said it wasn't important. I said it wasn't any more important than any other game, while at the end clarifying its an advantage we have over the other teams in the league( the advantage being that this game in hand means we can drop 3 points more than everyone else in this league without anyone making ground), that doesn't make the game any more important than any other game where we might gain or drop points. It isn't the Harps game thats significant, its the fact we've played a game less and are still 2 points ahead.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. My brain is hurting and i can feel myself losing brain cells every word i read. ( this could be the ban.) still worth it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. My brain is hurting and i can feel myself losing brain cells every word i read. ( this could be the ban.) still worth it:)

Choosing to ignore what the advantage actually is, which I'd clarified in the brackets afterwards. Its very easy to take a sentence of what someone says, not take into account what they say afterwards putting it in context, and have a great oul laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Must be hard trying to type when most of your keys are missing from your keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

sfc 1892 banned for a week for trolling. HB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lamper.sffc (Red-carded now) & DSB - I am fed up to the teeth with your baiting of each other. This is your final warning. Next time either of you act up I will ban you until the end of the season.

@ DSB & Non-Sporting Fingal Fans - While this is not a "supporters" thread, do not come here to flame/bait/troll. Constructive debate is welcomed. Peeing of the DCN locals & real Sporting Fans is not.

@ Lamper.sffc & Sporting Fingal Fans - Be nice to the visitors & be open to their views on the local team's performance.

@ All - If you have a problem with a post - use the Report Post icon IMG]http://static.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/buttons/report.gif[/IMGinstead of engaging in on-thread bickering that may get you & your antagonist banned.

HB

• Advertisement

Ross Gaynor gone to drogs

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=36862

Never really looked that great to be honest, not that he had a lot of time to

Ross Gaynor gone to drogs

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=36862

Never really looked that great to be honest, not that he had a lot of time to

Every time i come here with some news you're in before me Lamper. Too fast.

Strange days when a player leaves a First Division club because of a lack of first team opportunities and goes to a Premier Division side to gain them.

Every time i come here with some news you're in before me Lamper. Too fast.

Strange days when a player leaves a First Division club because of a lack of first team opportunities and goes to a Premier Division side to gain them.

Sorry lad. Just came across it when i was just about to log off.

Sorry lad. Just came across it when i was just about to log off.

Ah can't beat you all the time. Just heard word that Chris Konopka might have signed for us. Former Bohs back up keeper. Not confirmed. Not sure of his ability though. Played well in the 'A' Championship so says wiki. Former MLS player.

Ah can't beat you all the time. Just heard word that Chris Konopka might have signed for us. Former Bohs back up keeper. Not confirmed. Not sure of his ability though. Played well in the 'A' Championship so says wiki. Former MLS player.

Presume its for a number 2 or has Liam tired of quigleys tendency to go walk about? He did replace the keeper this time last year as well.

We havent a back up keeper since hussey left. We were using Horgan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Not the best game to watch tonight. Two good goals though, and nice to see Kirby getting them. Also nice to see him voted Man of the Match.

Also, nice to see Conan Byrne voted as Player of the Month by Extratime.ie

Roll on next Fri.

Yeah would have to agree. We started well and it was looking good for the first 15 mins. Not so good after that.

Im looking forward to next weeks game. Hopefully a good cup match with both teams going for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lorcan 17

Easy win on Friday but hard to know whether team took foot of the pedal or there is a lack of fluency in their play . It was hard on the eye after about 30 minutes and Mervue didnt create one decent chance . Shels in the drive position but a lot can happen between now and seasons end .

Lorcan 17 wrote: »
    Easy win on Friday but hard to know whether team took foot of the pedal or there is a lack of fluency in their play . It was hard on the eye after about 30 minutes and Mervue didnt create one decent chance . Shels in the drive position but a lot can happen between now and seasons end .

Probably a case of both.

Welcome lorcan. Have you been following SF long?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lorcan 17

Hi Lamper . I'm Fingal Fan on a few of the other websites so an old hand at this stage . <snip> ... with a bit of luck we'ill do them on the pitch - were it matters .

Lorcan 17 wrote: »
    Stop baiting the Shels lads on here , with a bit of luck we'ill do them on the pitch - were it matters .

Baiting?

Well ... here's two picts from the Shels-Fingal game that can be discussed -

Bit of a high foot?

3802300664_5448277f22.jpg

Bit too much studs showing?

3801484773_a9f56568e6.jpg

Shame about the result, especially after Conan missed a penalty.

It had in the sun today that the Athlone cup match was on saturday at 8pm :mad:.

The Cup match is on Friday at 7;45 which most of you knew anyway :D

The league match next week at Athlone is saturday at 8pm as far as i know.

Are the press taking the piss with us? as all the other matches had the correct times and dates and surely it doesnt take much to get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

If I wanted to buy a Sporting Fingal jersey, where would I get one?

The club shop is open at the grounds during all home games.

If I wanted to buy a Sporting Fingal jersey, where would I get one?

Iv also seen them in the sports shop in the pavilions.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Iv also seen them in the sports shop in the pavilions.

Sound. That is where I'll get one so. I don't get the time really to go the Eircom League matches anymore. I used to go to a lot, various teams, but since I moved out of Dublin I don't have much time anymore.

Anyway, cheers.

Lifestyle sports used to do them but the club didnt know it and didnt get anything from the sale of the shirts.

If you are near Morton on match nights and dont want to go to the match then just tell the security lads at the gate that you are only after a shirt and they might get someone to go up with you or they might have some on sale at the ticket booth or one of the people in there might go and get one for you.

A good win last night. I think they played quite well, and certainly controlled the ball. Still a little lacking up front though. Some very good goals.

Now, just have to hope for a big draw in the next round.

• Advertisement

enjoyed that one. Some very good goals.

It looks like we are finally starting to get our act together. I guess its no coincidence that we are playing better with a full squad to pick from.

Good result from the harps game also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement