Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Leonard88

Sporting Fingal hardly contributed to Shels demise Gavin so it's hard to blame them. Blame the FAI as they are the **** in all of this.

And Shels support has been shocking over the past 3-4 seasons. We used to be getting 500 season tickets purchased every season and now we are lucky to get 500 at a bloody match! We had more people at our games last season than most of the matches the season before! The lack of advertising and promotion in Shels has been simply appaling over the past few years. I can't remember anything done to attract new fans, it's always the same faces every week at Tolka.

You look at Bohs, Pats etc... who played Polish/Ukranian teams in the hope of maybe gaining a few fans and yes i know bohs played Kiev in Spain but still it is more than Shels could do. The Polish market is huge in Ireland and Dublin especially. If they played their cards right they could have added 200 supporters a week for all we know!

I've even seen Shamrock Rovers games advertised in Polish in the papers, that shows a willingness to draw in the extra fans and Shels never attempted that while in this current mire we find ourselves in. One would think it wouldn't cost too much...

Anyway this is about SF and not Shels so maybe you should make another thread Gavin if you feel so strongly on the matter. I hope SF survive and maintain a healthy following, Swords has been crying out for a team to follow and when a new team like this is established it's easier to get the following behind it. Maybe if they play their cards right they could attract the people that Shels don't even look twice at.

While I'm a Shels fan I would never wish anything bad upon SF as us Shels fans know what being broke is like and no team should have to go through with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Leonard88 wrote: »
    Sporting Fingal hardly contributed to Shels demise Gavin so it's hard to blame them. Blame the FAI as they are the **** in all of this.

Never said anything of the sort. All well if all fairness we can't balme the FAI, it was at our own doing (well of that of the late Ollie), sure Delaney was backing our move to Home Farm stadium paying for every penny of it afaik.

Anyway Sporting Feck All topic, now lets leave it at that.

I also see Leonard, you're a white supremist.:D

cymro wrote: »
    And schooligans:D

Ah yes them fellows. Haven't seen many at Tolka these days with the exception of the odd group of them. They were out in force last Friday against Pats although, and probably again tonight in Dalymount.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

Sporting Fingal F.C Supporters Club,
    Swords Branch:
    St.Finnians Community Club.
    River valley. Swords.
    Organized Membership, Merchandise and match day travel.
    Go to St.Finnians Community club and ask for Andrew (bar)
    or Paul (office),
    Phone Andrew on <snip>
    or contact via e-mail at, <snip>
    (PM Andrew - HB)

A meeting was held on thurs 28th febuary with Conan Byrne, Striker and Sales exectutive. 5 members of St. Finnians Club in rivervalley swords have organised a supporters club affiliated with Sporting Fingal.
    I know because i was one of those members.
    We have 20 memberships and 20 jerseys to get the ball rolling, all of wich is on a first come first serve basis.
    however more memberships will be allocated after the first 20 members have joined. A meeting will be held on tues march 4th on a day that we will do membership applications in the club.
    Contact Andrew at the number above or get in touch via e-mail.

thanks,

Andrew Lowry.

Secretary of the S.F.F.C Supporters Club, Swords Branch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Good work.

• Advertisement

Best of look with that Andrew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

To whoever is interested.

Membership Sign-up is at,
    St. Finnians Community Club.
    Rivervalley Swords.
    On 04 -March - 08.
    it will commence at 9:30pm (due to televised football)
    with Striker Conan Byrne Present.
    Jerseys will also be available on a first come first serve basis.

Sporting Fingal has just been on RTE news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

cymro wrote: »
    Sporting Fingal has just been on RTE news :D

Only good things to say i hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Finally, there is some more info on the official website. There is a small report on Bray friendly plus the prices for home entrance fees are up. Here we go boys, lets gets this show on the road. Go on the Fingal.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Only good things to say i hope :)

Just saying that all eyes will be on the new boys and that people reckon that there are too many dublin clubs. It was ok though. An interview with the secratery and liam buckley and a clip of the team training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I reckon there'll be a few people out for the first few games, but that it'll gradually decline as opposed to grow. There is money in the pot to go a bit longer than Dublin City anyway, but if no1s interested in going to see the team, I can't see Gannon retaining much interest.

Lets wait and see. What put a few off going to the dublin city games was that drum :D

The absence of couches probably had something to do with it too;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

DSB wrote: »
    The absence of couches probably had something to do with it too;)

More like barstools you mean :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

They'd really want to be getting couches and barstools built into the stands now to get people in, after a result like that tonight.

They really needed a good start, to attract people in, and that will definitely make alot of people think twice.

ok, that was a reality check:eek:

You head along?

DSB wrote: »
    You head along?

No, just seen the score. Heard it was it was 1 each earlier and thought thats not a bad result if it stays that way. Came back an hour later and it was 5 to 1. Not a good start. It can only get better right?:o

Can we play, can we play you every week.:p :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Shocking result. Down to ten men for the 2nd half. Only nine left towards the end. That's my excuse for the result anyway. :o

The next game should tell us if that was a one off disaster. Free entry for the opening home game according to the website. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭longfordjames

Thanks for last night!is athlone entrance by ticket only?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Can we play, can we play you every week.:p :D

Dont forget one of your heroes was in defence for sporting, Gavin.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Dont forget one of your heroes was in defence for sporting, Gavin.

Crawford or Rogers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Crawford or Rogers?

Rogers. He was a smashing player for you.I'm a pats fan and I'm still sick as a dog he has gone. Could have done with him tonight.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Rogers. He was a smashing player for you.I'm a pats fan and I'm still sick as a dog he has gone. Could have done with him tonight.

:eek:Would never describe him as smashing. He was a great player alright but could have been easily replaced in our team. But I'll never forget he's goal against Hajiuk Spilt in Tolka, a new era for the LoI was opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Can some of you Sporting Fingal fans (and detractors) come to the "foot dot ie" site devoted to discussion of the club. We are having parallel discussions and it would be better to put all the opinions together. Tink dats ok because the boards are supplied by the same ppl.
    http://foot.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97
    :D:D:D

Dahamsta says im not allowed cos he is a cork langer on an ego trip and their are some real goons on there. Try ave-it.net,

There all on ego trips over there them langers, they've banned my IP address.:D

• Advertisement

They didnt like me because i was a fan of dublin city :D The worst on there are the followers of derry city, cork, sligo rovers. Thats why i have a pet hate for them teams. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement