Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Robbie Doyle on mns :eek: shocking stuff:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Did he have his tights on? :D

cymro wrote: »
    Did he have his tights on? :D

Worse. He was singing Karaoke

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Damn, I missed that. Then again, it's probably available online too. Worth seeing, or worth missing??? :D

Paulw wrote: »
    Damn, I missed that. Then again, it's probably available online too. Worth seeing, or worth missing??? :D

Worth seeing :o:eek:

• Advertisement

I watched it. Cringe factor.

So, anyone heading to the Athlone game tomorrow?

Unfortunately no. Hope we get the win. We badly need it heading into the double header with Waterford and UCD.

should we move this thread to the football section or open a sporting fingal thread there? Could some of the regular posters descide.

I think we should but that just me.

My thoughts -

A Sporting Fingal thread in soccer will be swamped with posts about "the franchise". It won't be about the club and football.

Sporting Fingal do a lot for the community outside of just the football games. They do a lot of community building.

So, I think the thread should stay here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There are a few options that you could think about...
    1. Keep this thread as it is & keep it here (I'd be reluctant to move it to Soccer as the mods over there may not appreciate having to deal with some of the crap that comes with this one. :()
    2. Start a new thread in the same vein in the Soccer forum & under that forum's rules & charter.
    3. Start a new SFFC 'Supporters' thread here - no trolling by other club's supporters allowed.
    4. A combination of the above.
    5. Other...

Let me know what you decide. We can discuss via PM if you'd like.

HB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

I went to Athlone. Not a great performance from SFFC, a little indisciplined. The referee was possibly the worst I have seen in three years of regular LOI attendances. Booked the wrong man, inciting behaviour and not allowing the game to be played.

On the 2nd half performance we won the game but we were lucky to come away with any points with ten men. Athlone were dire for about 80 minutes.

Massive draw in the FAI Ford Cup. Home against Shamrock Rovers. That could be very interesting.

I'm looking forward to that game now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

That'll be a record attendance for yous.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

DSB wrote: »
    That'll be a record attendance for yous.

Don't you mean youiz?

Thats a big draw for us.

Would imagine shamrock will bring a decent away support.

Does any body know whats the maximum we are allowed to let into morton.

I know the stadium holds 10,000 officially but im sure i heard before we can only let in a limited amount.

Edit

This was posted last year on foot.ie by a sporting fingal steward
    asked your question at a meeting today and yes there will be tickets at the gate so long as they are not sold out before witch i cant see it happen.
    what i will say is if we do get a bigger crowd than expected we may sell out early at the gate.again i cant see it but just in case there is 1500 tickets each for home and away first come first served gates will then close, remember home stand holds 800 if full you will need to stand on the terrace down to the left. i can only guess that you are with the supporters club if so we will only allow the max number in the supports club members in this aera so let the lads know be early. Pats have only pre booked 400 away tickets.for all the Away supporters you enter at gate 2 there is no cover or seating in this terrace so bring wet gear you may need it.there is no parking in the grounds we hope to use the carpark in the public park for this game only.

Doubt we will hit the 1500 but would Shamrock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Don't you mean youiz?

Nope, why?

Shels lose to wexford :). Great result for us. It will mean nothing though if we dont take something from the waterford game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

The draw between waterford and us was the best result for shels.

Im gutted about the date of the cup match as im away for a week :mad:

Never mind , i'll be back for the semi final so lets hope for another home draw :D

It was, but only because they lost.
    But it could have been a lot worse for us. What if they had beaten wexford like expected and we drew or worse still, lost ourselves.

Im not too disappointed with this weekends results.
    Not over the moon either though. Next up UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It was, but only because they lost.
    But it could have been a lot worse for us. What if they had beaten wexford like expected and we drew or worse still, lost ourselves.

Im not too disappointed with this weekends results.
    Not over the moon either though. Next up UCD.

A draw in Waterford is a good result if you ask me. We must beat UCD in Morton if we want to go up automatically imo.

• Advertisement

Totally agree. Its a must win this friday and I cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If you're at the UCD game you can purchase tickets for the Rovers cup match as well. I'd advise it just in case.

dsmythy wrote: »
    If you're at the UCD game you can purchase tickets for the Rovers cup match as well. I'd advise it just in case.

Cheers will do. Are the tickets still the same price as league games. They tried last year to up it to 15 and then had the good sense to drop it back to 12.

also heard we are on tg4 against shamrock rvs

Good result tonight. Makes life very interesting, especially considering the big game next weekend.

Fingal are doing well, and in 2nd place now.

Great win. We just about shaded it but how nerve wrecking where those last 10 mins:eek:

4 points from waterford and UCD is good going. We came through two difficult games while shels had the easier fixtures and we managed to gain a point on them. Not bad going considering most people would have thought shels would have pulled further ahead after these two games. Shels still have to play all 3 promotion hopefuls so not over yet:D

Are we all going to the shamrock rvs game. Was chatting to one or two of them and they seem to think they will sell their allocation of 1,500 tickets which would be great.

I think we should be able to top the 1,000 mark ourselves (hopefully)
    So it should be our largest crowd at morton since we have started.:)

I'll certainly be there.

I believe that the majority of the Rovers tickets were sold by last weekend. So, I expect all those to be sold soon.

Should be a great crowd. Hopefully it'll be a good game too.

I'll certainly be there.

I believe that the majority of the Rovers tickets were sold by last weekend. So, I expect all those to be sold soon.

Should be a great crowd. Hopefully it'll be a good game too.

You will have to stick up a few photos from the game

What a game. Totally different team in the 2nd half. They could have even won it, and probably should have. I think they were a little in awe for the first half.

I'm looking forward to Tue now.

• Advertisement

What a game. Totally different team in the 2nd half. They could have even won it, and probably should have. I think they were a little in awe for the first half.

I'm looking forward to Tue now.

Totally agree. We where so scared of Shamrock we just didnt play the first half but the second half was great. If ever there was an example of great cup football that was it. The game had everything from hard tackles, possible sending offs, goals, Comebacks, Keeper mistakes and then pulling of some great saves. It was just an all round great game. Pity we didnt win it on the night but a least we showed we can live with the big boys. Roll on tuesday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement