Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I was talking to a few mates in the stands at half time. They expected Fingal to roll over in the 2nd half and for a large score to be racked up. They were very surprised by the end of the game.

The boys did the club proud.

It just shows that there is still quality football in LOI, and at Sporting Fingal.

Just some images from the game -

Harsh tackle
    3913219129_0c82c482ac.jpg

Conan Byrne storms down the wing
    3913222069_b2060e09d8.jpg

Defenders celebrate their goal
    3913221675_6b1b043446.jpg

Roll on Tue now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Paulw wrote: »
    I was talking to a few mates in the stands at half time. They expected Fingal to roll over in the 2nd half and for a large score to be racked up. They were very surprised by the end of the game.

The boys did the club proud.

It just shows that there is still quality football in LOI, and at Sporting Fingal.

Just some images from the game -

Harsh tackle
    3913219129_0c82c482ac.jpg

Conan Byrne storms down the wing
    3913222069_b2060e09d8.jpg

Defenders celebrate their goal
    3913221675_6b1b043446.jpg

Roll on Tue now.

Some great shots. Love the look on paisleys face.:D
    If anybody seen the commitment from our lads in the second half, there would be no way you could say these lads are not committed to the club. Its taken a while to get going but we really are in great form of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lorcan 17

A really outstanding match and a credit to both teams . As good a LOI match as ive been at in many years . It would be nice to get into the Premier and we can have more of these nights in Santry .

Lorcan 17 wrote: »
    A really outstanding match and a credit to both teams . As good a LOI match as ive been at in many years . It would be nice to get into the Premier and we can have more of these nights in Santry .

With the way we are finally starting to play we might get there yet.:D

Well, the big replay tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

Hopefully a good number of Fingal fans will travel over.

• Advertisement

Well, the big replay tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

Hopefully a good number of Fingal fans will travel over.

Not going to be able make this one:(

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And the winner is ....

... Sporting Fingal, 2-1 AET, with Rovers missing a penalty in the last minute of Extra Time

Congratulations on a truly remarkable achievement:)

Great result tonight. In the semi finals now. Brilliant stuff.

How did the match play out, Paulw.

This cup run will be great in helping to promote the club around fingal. The club needs nights like this.

All the top clubs are out now. The remaining four clubs would have to be considered quite even. Dont care who we get but I hope its a home game

About 60-70 Fingal fans there tonight, but they left happy.

Fingal played a bit more defensive tonight, but played with conviction. They played well, and passed the ball around.

Chances for both teams.

I didn't think the 1st Rovers penalty was a penalty at all, and also, I didn't think the Fingal penalty was right. But, that's the way it goes. What a miss by Rovers for the final penalty in the last minute of extra time. WOW ... what a howler, over the bar by miles.

Just starting to download my photos of the game now, I'll post some later, especially the final celebrations.

Fingal have every chance now of actually winning the cup, especially with the other results tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

About 60-70 Fingal fans there tonight, but they left happy.

Fingal played a bit more defensive tonight, but played with conviction. They played well, and passed the ball around.

Chances for both teams.

I didn't think the 1st Rovers penalty was a penalty at all, and also, I didn't think the Fingal penalty was right. But, that's the way it goes. What a miss by Rovers for the final penalty in the last minute of extra time. WOW ... what a howler, over the bar by miles.

Just starting to download my photos of the game now, I'll post some later, especially the final celebrations.

Fingal have every chance now of actually winning the cup, especially with the other results tonight.

Cracking match.

• Advertisement

Just a quick few, to celebrate.

Kirby scores the penalty

3924649296_f96fddf648.jpg

Celebrating with the fans

3924647404_76ca38b209.jpg

Tha main man.

3923862235_83c2e0507c.jpg

Great comeback from our boys, again:D

They're doing that too often now. I'd prefer if they just scored, went ahead, and then scored more. :D

At least they're still winning games.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

When is the draw for the Semi Finals made?

Beasty wrote: »
    When is the draw for the Semi Finals made?

As far as I know its on mns on monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Given LOI.ie is awful and isn't updated, I believe UCD are on top on Goal difference and we are in third..

Here is the list of the final eight fixtures. Obviously, Shels at home could potentially decide the league. So, can we do it?

Also, could we actually win the cup?

21/09/2009 19:45 Home Sporting Fingal V Wexford Youths @ Morton Stadium 25/09/2009 19:45 Home Sporting Fingal V Finn Harps @ Morton Stadium 02/10/2009 20:00 Away Monaghan United V Sporting Fingal @ Kingspan Cent Park 09/10/2009 19:45 Home Sporting Fingal V Shelbourne @ Morton Stadium 17/10/2009 19:30 Away Longford Town V Sporting Fingal @ Flancare Park 23/10/2009 19:45 Home Sporting Fingal V Limerick @ Morton Stadium 30/10/2009 19:45 Away Mervue United V Sporting Fingal @ Fahy's Field 07/11/2009 19:45 Home Sporting Fingal V Athlone Town @ Morton Stadium

Given LOI.ie is awful and isn't updated, I believe UCD are on top on Goal difference and we are in third..

Here is the list of the final eight fixtures. Obviously, Shels at home could potentially decide the league. So, can we do it?

Also, could we actually win the cup?

21/09/2009 19:45 Home Sporting Fingal V Wexford Youths @ Morton Stadium 25/09/2009 19:45 Home Sporting Fingal V Finn Harps @ Morton Stadium 02/10/2009 20:00 Away Monaghan United V Sporting Fingal @ Kingspan Cent Park 09/10/2009 19:45 Home Sporting Fingal V Shelbourne @ Morton Stadium 17/10/2009 19:30 Away Longford Town V Sporting Fingal @ Flancare Park 23/10/2009 19:45 Home Sporting Fingal V Limerick @ Morton Stadium 30/10/2009 19:45 Away Mervue United V Sporting Fingal @ Fahy's Field 07/11/2009 19:45 Home Sporting Fingal V Athlone Town @ Morton Stadium

Really big week this. Nearly came undone against Kildare and now two home games that are must wins. The shels game is going to be very important and could decide on whether we finish above them or not, but im not sure it will decide on who finishes top. UCD and Waterford might have something to say about that.
    I think that certain things in the run in are quite interesting.
    Ourselves and Waterford have Semi finals that might get in the way plus Waterford have a final as well.
    Shels will have to play UCD, Waterford (re-arranged game) and us in a 7 day period at the beginning of Oct.
    After the Shels game, ourselves and Shels have no more fixtures against the top 4, while Waterford and UCD have to face each other on the last day. Im wondering how significant that game will prove to be.

What a horrible game. Terrible to watch. Terrible result too. Ah well.

Nice draw in the cup mind you.

... home to Bray, Sunday 25 October at 4.05pm, live on RTE 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

What a horrible game. Terrible to watch. Terrible result too. Ah well.

I take it we packed the defence, as usual. We have now beaten each of the top 4 on their own patch this season, yet we have only won 4 times and scored only 7 goals at home:o

• Advertisement

oldyouth wrote: »
    I take it we packed the defence, as usual. We have now beaten each of the top 4 on their own patch this season, yet we have only won 4 times and scored only 7 goals at home:o

Great at passing the ball around the back 4, but no penetration towards the Wexford goal. There were a few chances, but Wexford dealt well with them. I must say, after the show against Rovers, I was very disappointed with the game last night.

Great at passing the ball around the back 4, but no penetration towards the Wexford goal. There were a few chances, but Wexford dealt well with them. I must say, after the show against Rovers, I was very disappointed with the game last night.

Only able to post now, I was that disapointed at the performance. A lot of the players where tired out there. How bad was williams:eek:. One of our best performers all season. I guess he was tired but I still cant get my head around why he didnt go for that ball in the box. He just stood there and watched it go by:confused:. Didnt understand the substitutions either. I know kirby and conan where not having the best of games but they are always likely to produce something. Substituting both at basically the same time and having frost move to left wing made no sense IMO.

I really hope they get it together for friday.:o

oldyouth wrote: »

Yous came with a gameplan and it worked, so no complaints here. If im not mistaking yous did the same to us this time last year, when we where just about to mount a serious challenge for the top spot. 3-1 to yous I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Ucd v shels at the weekend. A win ( hopefully) for us against monaghan , what do you think the best outcome for us would be from the ucd v shels match seeing that we play shels next week.?

Maybe a draw would be good but maybe a ucd win would be better if we win this week and beat shels next week. That we would be ahead of shels on points with them having the slight pressure of winning their game in hand to move ahead of us again.

MATCH DAY MUSIC.

What songs/music would you like to be played over the tanoy before the game, half time etc.
    Also, would you like the teams to come out to a particular song? which?
    Should the announcer welcome the teams onto the pitch at the start? Something like " Put your hands together for Sporting Fingal and shelbourne " ( names the away team on the day, not just shelbourne :D ) then plays the music the teams comes out to.

They could come out to songs like that one out of the brut advert that gets played when bernard dunne gets introduced. or one from pdc darts, or as a tribute to the karaoke king ( robbie doyle) Burning ring of fire by Johnny Cash. :D
    It could be played after a goal as well. It might improve the match day atmoshphere and give a feel good factor.
    What you think? answers on a postcard :D
    If we get a good few suggestions then we could give them to the club to see what they think.

Lamps, feel free to post this on the other forum if you think its ok.

cymro wrote: »
    Ucd v shels at the weekend. A win ( hopefully) for us against monaghan , what do you think the best outcome for us would be from the ucd v shels match seeing that we play shels next week.?

Maybe a draw would be good but maybe a ucd win would be better if we win this week and beat shels next week. That we would be ahead of shels on points with them having the slight pressure of winning their game in hand to move ahead of us again.

Its a tricky one.
    A win for us and a draw for them leaves us one point behind both but shels have that game in hand(waterford) and us to play. Waterford and UCD face each other on the last day, so one if not both will slip up there.

If we win and shels get the win then I think that would be the worst possible result because if they then beat waterford they could come to ours not needing even a draw.

If we win and UCD win then its advantage UCD. They will only have one tricky game left on the last day.

MY HEAD IS STARTING TO HURT

I think the draw is the best result for us. Same with the Waterford game

:o I think:confused:

cymro wrote: »
    MATCH DAY MUSIC.

What songs/music would you like to be played over the tanoy before the game, half time etc.
    Also, would you like the teams to come out to a particular song? which?
    Should the announcer welcome the teams onto the pitch at the start? Something like " Put your hands together for Sporting Fingal and shelbourne " ( names the away team on the day, not just shelbourne :D ) then plays the music the teams comes out to.

They could come out to songs like that one out of the brut advert that gets played when bernard dunne gets introduced. or one from pdc darts, or as a tribute to the karaoke king ( robbie doyle) Burning ring of fire by Johnny Cash. :D
    It could be played after a goal as well. It might improve the match day atmoshphere and give a feel good factor.
    What you think? answers on a postcard :D
    If we get a good few suggestions then we could give them to the club to see what they think.

Lamps, feel free to post this on the other forum if you think its ok.

We where coming out to the Kill Bill music but that seems to have changed. I quite like that one.

As for announcing both teams at the start, I think its a good idea and also welcome them back after half time. Helps to refocus fans attention back on the pitch when the teams are running back out.

I definitely think music should be played when we score.

This is the obvious choice but a good choice IMO

Should also tell people when there car lights are on ;)

Staying with improving the match day experience.

Survey on the website.

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/2240/Default.aspx

I feel good would be good after a goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZqjFd99CPg&feature=related

This one is a terrace classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Operation - Not paying into Morton Stadium shall commence at 7pm local time.:D

An Post tickets for all, I know just on the bus alone down to Waterford today the large majority had free tickets and there will be even more on Friday and alot more, so don't be expecting your usual few grand off the Shels fans.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement