Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Operation - Not paying into Morton Stadium shall commence at 7pm local time.:D

An Post tickets for all, I know just on the bus alone down to Waterford today the large majority had free tickets and there will be even more on Friday and alot more, so don't be expecting your usual few grand off the Shels fans.;)

Dont need it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

hi gys just new to the site and oh my god is there passion here or what? oh the the testosterone is flyin around like it was free to air. so where to begin, well shels is a comin to the morton and that is just so mega its hard to even speak. them with there little flags and stuff over in the stands gigglin like school kids...oh they are school kids... oh well that's okay everybody is welcome. just believe that this one should have a fifteens accompanied certificate with it, a lot of tears for the youngers over that side, they'll be needin the ma's to wipe their runny noses. but then who want's empty away stands it would give us boy's nothing to laugh at.
    oh and with regards to the free tickets taking away from our funding...look at your own my sweet darlings,
    <snip>
    see ya

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'm looking forward to the game. It should be a tough match, but I think Fingal will come out the stronger. It'll make the title race very close. This game could turn the league.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dont need it:p

True atm, but sure you'll need the attendence to boost your average over with the mongs on fool.ie.:D
    gigglin like school kids...oh they are school kids... oh well that's okay everybody is welcome. just believe that this one should have a fifteens accompanied certificate with it, a lot of tears for the youngers over that side, they'll be needin the ma's to wipe their runny noses.

Is it just me or do the rest of the Fingal find this one of the most ironic things every posted on boards.ie?
    but then who want's empty away stands it would give us boy's nothing to laugh at.

I know, pain in the arse when you lot come to Tolka, no laughing material at all except Robbie Doyles tights.
    oh and with regards to the free tickets taking away from our funding...look at your own my sweet darlings,

Our own sweet darlings? :confused:
    well shels is a comin to the morton and that is just so mega its hard to even speak. them with there little flags and stuff over in the stands

Pity you don't like to see a good atmosphere and colour in that souless stadium yous call you home ground, apart from singing the odd Rovers or Bohs song there is a tad of atmosphere at any of your matches.

Paulw wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the game. It should be a tough match, but I think Fingal will come out the stronger. It'll make the title race very close. This game could turn the league.

Yup hopefully be a great match, and well hopefully we have it wrapped up with 5 or 10 mins to go so I can shoot off to my alternative debs.:D Probably decent crowd, but if the weather is anyway what it's being forecast as don't except our 800 like the last time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Redsalltheway

Can't wait for the game.
    Its silly not being able to say anything in the soccer section.
    May the best team win. Sorry if I upset anyone the last day. Its just that I am new and didn't no the rules and a fella had said nasty things about shels and I was responding to what that fella said.
    Come on the Redz!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Can't wait for the game.
    Its silly not being able to say anything in the soccer section.
    May the best team win. Sorry if I upset anyone the last day. Its just that I am new and didn't no the rules and a fella had said nasty things about shels and I was responding to what that fella said.
    Come on the Redz!

You can post in the Soccer forum, but only when you have a certain number of posts under your belt. It is to prevent muppets coming in & acting the eejit.

Please ensure that you have read this forum's charter as I previously advised you.

And remember - this thread is NOT a general football discussion. It is a thread specifically about Sporting Fingal.

If someone upsets you by saying "nasty things" - use the Report Post icon report.gif & I will deal with the matter.

HB

Yup hopefully be a great match, and well hopefully we have it wrapped up with 5 or 10 mins to go so I can shoot off to my alternative debs.:D Probably decent crowd, but if the weather is anyway what it's being forecast as don't except our 800 like the last time.

I think it'll be a very wet night for the Shels fans. The weather is supposed to be horrible this evening. I'm not looking forward to that, but at least I'll have my rain gear on.

Hopefully it'll be a good game, but the weather and pitch conditions may add to it all.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    You can post in the Soccer forum, but only when you have a certain number of posts under your belt. It is to prevent muppets coming in & acting the eejit.

Please ensure that you have read this forum's charter as I previously advised you.

And remember - this thread is NOT a general football discussion. It is a thread specifically about Sporting Fingal.

If someone upsets you by saying "nasty things" - use the Report Post icon report.gif & I will deal with the matter.

HB

Its only dat the game is on tonight that im hear. I won't say anymore hear so until we win the title!

Paulw wrote: »
    I think it'll be a very wet night for the Shels fans. The weather is supposed to be horrible this evening. I'm not looking forward to that, but at least I'll have my rain gear on.

Hopefully it'll be a good game, but the weather and pitch conditions may add to it all.

Lovely weather :rolleyes:, going straight to my alternative debs after the match so I'm going to be fecking drenched, aw well it's for the Oul Reds.:cool:

<snip>

• Advertisement

Was getting never racking there for a while, but thank God the rain has fecked off. Lets have ye's!!!;)

Was getting never racking there for a while, but thank God the rain has fecked off. Lets have ye's!!!;)

Bring it on.
    Sun shining here now. Thank God
    leaving here in an hour and a half. Cant wait.

2 goals in 5 mins from Fingal. Conan is doing well. And then they go and let in a very sloppy goal. Only 15min left in the game now.

Come on Fingal.

I am gutted. Fingal threw the game away. Two very good goals from Conan and then two stupid mistakes.

Fair play to Shels for keeping at it.

Ah well ... on to the FAI Ford Cup. The league may not be over yet ... but it'll be tough.

An early bath and 2 week ban for Gavin "shels" for insulting and abusive behaviour. HB

We can forget about first place now. Its playoffs hopfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lorcan 17

A night of ups and downs for both sets of fans . The question for me is how did Fingal not win the game? . They played all the football ,Conan Byrne scored two terrific goals and Shels little or nothing to offer . The answer -Darren Quigley .

Lorcan 17 wrote: »
    A night of ups and downs for both sets of fans . The question for me is how did Fingal not win the game? . They played all the football ,Conan Byrne scored two terrific goals and Shels little or nothing to offer . The answer -Darren Quigley .

I certainly don't think you can ever just blame one person. Quigley did make 1-2 great saves during the game, but he did make mistakes for the goals, especially that first one.

Great goals from Conan. He's going to have to stop winning Man of the Match awards. He must have a press full of those now. I know I'm fed up taking his photo. Maybe I should just start using stock images of him. :D

Anyway, a few picts -

Crowded out

3996979191_8d7da16840.jpg

Free Kick

3996978973_50b248657c.jpg

Goal

3996978703_c5220f60df.jpg

Celebrate

3996978463_97651767ce.jpg

Taken down

3996978249_d876915c10.jpg

I'm still shocked and gutted that they threw away the two goal lead. They were doing so well, and the game was fairly even. When the goals went in for Fingal, I thought the game was over. But, then they sat back, and allowed Shels to play.

Can't argue with the sending off either. I think the ref was fairly good last night.

Ah well ... on to the next game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lorcan 17

Maybe a slight overeaction on my part as Quigley not totally at fault for the 2nd goal but you wont see many howlers from a keeper as bad as the 1st goal . Team have this way of dropping deep and conceding ground to the opposition when they have a lead which led to the 2nd goal . However , thanks for the pics .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Dunno how we got away with the draw. But its defo put us in a good position, win our last 5 and its ours. Or win 4 of our last 5 and match UCD's result against Waterford.

• Advertisement

I have to mention Hynesy s pathetic cuping his ears towards our crowd. We hadnt even bothered to boo him during the game and he was making out like he was getting dogs abuse and the goal was revenge for all the terrible abuse he was getting:pac: Adebayor he aint. Sad really

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Picked up a semi-final ticket at Swords Pavilions this afternoo. Having attended 12 FA Cup semis over the years, I am looking forward to my first taste of the Irish equivalent

Beasty wrote: »
    Picked up a semi-final ticket at Swords Pavilions this afternoo. Having attended 12 FA Cup semis over the years, I am looking forward to my first taste of the Irish equivalent

Hopefully it will be a good for ya

I have to mention Hynesy s pathetic cuping his ears towards our crowd. We hadnt even bothered to boo him during the game and he was making out like he was getting dogs abuse and the goal was revenge for all the terrible abuse he was getting:pac: Adebayor he aint. Sad really

Maybe that wasn't what he was implying though. Could easily have been in reference to having shut up a Fingal crowd who clearly thought at 2 nil they had it won (probably fair enough to think that though), or maybe it was in reference to the abuse Flood got. Obviously abuse is part and parcel in football so I'm hardly criticising it, but I wouldn't call Hynes cupping his ears pathetic.

Hynes is a good lad so you're right, Adebayor he aint.

DSB wrote: »
    Maybe that wasn't what he was implying though. Could easily have been in reference to having shut up a Fingal crowd who clearly thought at 2 nil they had it won (probably fair enough to think that though), or maybe it was in reference to the abuse Flood got. Obviously abuse is part and parcel in football so I'm hardly criticising it, but I wouldn't call Hynes cupping his ears pathetic.

Hynes is a good lad so you're right, Adebayor he aint.

Well I would. He was treated very well when he was at our club and the fans liked him. He left for shels and the majority bar a few had no problem with that. He could of had a little dignity and just celebrated with his team and fans but like a lot of ego driven players they make it about themselves and not the team. Its not a big deal anyway just an after thought.

Well I would. He was treated very well when he was at our club and the fans liked him. He left for shels and the majority bar a few had no problem with that. He could of had a little dignity and just celebrated with his team and fans but like a lot of ego driven players they make it about themselves and not the team. Its not a big deal anyway just an after thought.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. He is a nice guy and I think you are being a bit paranoid. Someone at the game told me he was badly treated at Fingal and dropped to the bench for no reason last year.
    We were lucky i guess but we deserves to win the league.
    Those free tickets were nice also. Thanks!

Someone at the game told me he was badly treated at Fingal and dropped to the bench for no reason last year.

I don't think that was the case at all. He played most games he was fit for. He was an important part of the team. I certainly wasn't aware of any bad treatment or falling out.

Then again, rumours are easy to spread.

Any more low-level trolling out of you & you'll cop a lengthy ban. This is your last warning. HB

Theres obviously some reason he doesn't like Fingal anyways, I don't know it. But I'm sure he didn't do it for no reason, because its the only incident of any negative note theres been with him. We've had lots of red cards and lots of indiscipline but Hynes was never one. Seems like a genuinely good lad and probably had some sort of bad experience that left him a bit bitter and dying to put one over.

• Advertisement

Sounds like sour grapes to me. He is a nice guy and I think you are being a bit paranoid. Someone at the game told me he was badly treated at Fingal and dropped to the bench for no reason last year.
    We were lucky i guess but we deserves to win the league.

From what iv heard it was turning up late after being on holiday that got him dropped to the bench (plus he was injured for most of the run in). Which has nothing to do with the fans by the way, it was management. Also, when has a player ever been dropped to the bench for nothing.
    We always sang his name. So in turn we didnt deserve that.
    Its not sour grapes because iv said already in posts elsewhere that a draw was the right result, So im not saying this because im bitter, Im saying it because he didnt need to do it.

DSB wrote: »
    Theres obviously some reason he doesn't like Fingal anyways, I don't know it. But I'm sure he didn't do it for no reason, because its the only incident of any negative note theres been with him. We've had lots of red cards and lots of indiscipline but Hynes was never one. Seems like a genuinely good lad and probably had some sort of bad experience that left him a bit bitter and dying to put one over.

In fairness red cards have nothing to do with it. Its an attitude problem and if he had a bad experience it had nothing to do with the fans, they liked him and let him know they liked him. So in turn we deserved better. If Mcallister joined us next season and did the same to you s, I doubt yous would be happy about it.

Just ask some Dundalk fans what they think of Hynesy s attitude. Im sure you heard what he did up there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement