Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

From what iv heard it was turning up late after being on holiday that got him dropped to the bench (plus he was injured for most of the run in). Which has nothing to do with the fans by the way, it was management. Also, when has a player ever been dropped to the bench for nothing.
    We always sang his name. So in turn we didnt deserve that.
    Its not sour grapes because iv said already in posts elsewhere that a draw was the right result, So im not saying this because im bitter, Im saying it because he didnt need to do it.

In fairness red cards have nothing to do with it. Its an attitude problem and if he had a bad experience it had nothing to do with the fans, they liked him and let him know they liked him. So in turn we deserved better. If Mcallister joined us next season and did the same to you s, I doubt yous would be happy about it.

Just ask some Dundalk fans what they think of Hynesy s attitude. Im sure you heard what he did up there.

Perhaps. Thankfully McAllister would never join yous, as said by himself at the start of this season before he'd even signed up for the season with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Anyway, back to more important things. Next game longford away. Hopefully a good 3 points to try and cement this playoff place and keep us in the title race for as long as possible

Great results for us tonight. Shels failed to beat Athlone and Waterford lost to Limerick.

Can we take advantage on saturaday?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Great win. 4-0 to Fingal.

All to play for on Tue now. Could be a good week, especially with the FAI Ford Cup next Sunday.

Two big games this week.

Great win. Unfortunately UCD won also. Good chance of us finishing second though and Im holding onto hope we can snatch top spot. Great to see us put some distance between us and Waterford. Im also hoping I can cheer on waterford against Shels without worrying whether waterford will catch us or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Errortel had it 1-1 result for the ucd game and changed it at the end :mad:

Knopka saved a peno :D

Hard to see UCD dropping enough points in the few game remaining. I see us finishing second though and playing shels at home in the play off and hopefully progress.

Just to mention it again. There is a chat site dedicated to Sporting Fingal if anybody is interested.

http://sportingfingal.freeforums.org/index.php

Big game tonight. Hopefully the weather will clear a bit for it. I don't fancy getting soaked, but I'll be there either way.

Paulw wrote: »
    Big game tonight. Hopefully the weather will clear a bit for it. I don't fancy getting soaked, but I'll be there either way.

On paper its the most difficult of the remaining 3 games. A win will go a long way to secure a playoff place.

Hope the weather clears up a bit because it would suit limerick more than us if it doesnt.

Conan pledges his future to Sporting Fingal for a long time to come:D Great news

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/sport/soccer/byrneing-desire-1918981.html

• Advertisement

Certainly good news, but to be honest, I couldn't seem him moving without some big money, and no club has that money right now.

A nice sky, and a rainbow over Santry right now. Looking forward to the game.

Adrian Kennedy congratulated Sporting Fingal on getting promoted tonight after beating Limerick 2-1 :D

All i text in was " Good news lads,sporting fingal now up to second after beating Limerick 2-1 tonight".

A woman texted in that Fingal didnt get promoted cos the league isnt over yet so he congratulated Sporting Fingal on the win anyway :D.

This was after they read people texts about tonights champions league games.

He did sound impressed when he thought we were promoted after only our second season :D

A good result tonight. Very good goal from O'Neill.

The penalty given was very very dodgy. But, a win is a win. Roll on Sunday.

A good result tonight. Very good goal from O'Neill.

The penalty given was very very dodgy. But, a win is a win. Roll on Sunday.

Thought that myself. The ref was determind to give it though.

Ah, that penalty was very dodgy indeed. I was talking to John Devine about it after the game, and he said that even the Limerick players admitted it was soft. I didn't see anything wrong, and there was no real challenge as such, so I've still no idea what the ref even gave the penalty for.

Either way, a win is a win.

Now, a big game on Sunday to look forward to.

Ah, that penalty was very dodgy indeed. I was talking to John Devine about it after the game, and he said that even the Limerick players admitted it was soft. I didn't see anything wrong, and there was no real challenge as such, so I've still no idea what the ref even gave the penalty for.

Either way, a win is a win.

Now, a big game on Sunday to look forward to.

Cant wait. Have my ticket and a decent group of us going. (family and friends)

Hopfully a good attendance for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Cant wait. Have my ticket and a decent group of us going. (family and friends)

Hopfully a good attendance for this one.

Really looking forward to this match.

To think that we, in only our 2nd year could be heading to Europe in 180 minutes of football, that's just phenomenal.

Go buy your ticket! (if not already bought!).

Weird weather. But, it looks like it's clearing for the evening. The wind may have an impact on the game though.

I'm looking forward to it. And, I'm going to record the game on TV, since I won't see it all at the ground.

Come on Fingal. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

good team(dont know how ur not destroying the first division ) **** club

Brilliant win. Very deserved. Fingal played football, and totally outplayed Bray.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Congrats Fingal, a good victory. Go and win the thing now to show everyone that the First Division can do the business

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Great performance. Was pretty much over after 25 mins. Fingal were in control throughout, apart from a slight hiccup when Bray scored their first goal - even then Bray never looked particularly threatening. 4th goal was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Woo hoo! (from harrier bar overlooking the pitch!)

Have just watched some of the recorded game, high praise from the RTE commentary team during the match. Impressive game watching on the tv. I've been saying for the last few days that regardless of the result tonight, Sporting Fingal were 180 minutes from European football. We are now just 90 minutes away.

Roll on November 22nd.

Great result tonight. These types of nights are very important for the future of our club. Roll on Tallaght:D Ignore the nay sayers

Just a few images from yesterday.

Have a shot

4045490763_6b12885965.jpg

Holding on

4046235958_22fbd811c9.jpg

4045490413_8a92c5878f.jpg

Man of the match

4046235596_0d2ee949ba.jpg

Happy manager

4046235480_2fbc6be021.jpg

Just watching the match again now on TV. Don't know how Fingal only scored 4.

The final should be a great game, both sides like to play football.

Cheers for the photos Paul.

I think its going to be one crazy month for this club. Plenty of ups and downs (hopefully more ups). Either way its great to be a fingal fan at the moment.

Im still buzzing from it . We have played better than that and think we are in with a stong shout of beating Sligo. If we did win then they will really like us then wont they over on fools.ie ;)

cymro wrote: »
    Im still buzzing from it . We have played better than that and think we are in with a stong shout of beating Sligo. If we did win then they will really like us then wont they over on fools.ie ;)

You would have sworn we killed somebody by some of the reactions we get over there. I dont understand the reason why there is a lot of the negativity there is, but then again Iv never understood those type of people anyway, football related or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

why could your club only manage like 800 fans for a semi final?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

why could your club only manage like 800 fans for a semi final?
    Your messing yeah?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement