Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

why could your club only manage like 800 fans for a semi final?

Why did Bray only bring about 100-150 fans??

Sporting Fingal is still a very new club and still just building a fan base. It's only in it's 2nd year of existance. It can take time to build a large fan base.

At least Sporting Fingal almost filled the stand they had.

Picts taken just over 5 min before kickoff.

Bray supporters

4047495048_e311a95546.jpg

Sporting Fingal Supporters

4046751371_5b1aa3eb27.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Was watching the game today and if you look at our stand 5 to 10 minutes into the game, Its full. Some more Bray fans turn up too. We have added an average of at least 150 to 200 to our crowds this year from last. We have been one of the few club in both divisions to have a rise in attendances albeit a small one. Nearly every other club has had a drop in attendances. I think we are doing fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

why could your club only manage like 800 fans for a semi final?

We're not even two years old. Yet we still matched Bray. From nothing to 800. Not bad.

For all the budding writers and Sporting Fingal fans -

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/2347/Default.aspx

Could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

What is good about our fan base is that they are nearly all new to league which can only be a good thing. New fans to the league should be welcomed and not made fun of for not matching the fan base of clubs that have been around for over 20 years.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,330 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Paulw wrote: »
    For all the budding writers and Sporting Fingal fans -

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/2347/Default.aspx

Could be interesting.
    Hope whoever wins has a better grasp of English than the person who is responsible that web page - "complementary match programmes" indeed!

Sorry for being so pedantic:)

Beasty wrote: »
    Hope whoever wins has a better grasp of English than the person who is responsible FOR that web page - "complementary match programmes" indeed!

Fixed that for ya :D

Hope whoever wins has a better grasp of English than the person who is responsible that web page - "complementary match programmes" indeed!

So, are you planning to enter the competition?? :rolleyes:

A simple typo - complimentary. I'll let him know.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,330 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So, are you planning to enter the competition?? :rolleyes:

I am sure there are many more deserving than me, as I have only attended one Sporting Fingal match (although I did thoroughly enjoy it)!
    A simple typo - complimentary. I'll let him know.
    I wasn't intending to be critical. I Just thought it was a bit amusing, but clearly it backfired, as I failed in my own use of the English language:o

I wasn't intending to be critical. I Just thought it was a bit amusing, but clearly it backfired, as I failed in my own use of the English language:o

Mistake now corrected. Seems that the text actually came from the FAI and was not written by Sporting Fingal.

I'll say no more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

Why did Bray only bring about 100-150 fans??

Sporting Fingal is still a very new club and still just building a fan base. It's only in it's 2nd year of existance. It can take time to build a large fan base.

At least Sporting Fingal almost filled the stand they had.

Picts taken just over 5 min before kickoff.

Bray supporters

4047495048_e311a95546.jpg

Sporting Fingal Supporters

4046751371_5b1aa3eb27.jpg

wat ya want a cookie:rolleyes:

Nah, I had my burger before kickoff, but a few travelling fans from a Premier Division club would have been nice for the game. :D

People slag off Fingal for the small fan base, but yet Bray fans didn't travel for this big game.

Does us all a favour and take it elsewhere buddy.

I am sure there are many more deserving than me, as I have only attended one Sporting Fingal match (although I did thoroughly enjoy it)!

Sorry lad, couldnt help myself with the previous post:)

Which match did you see.

You should come along to more. By the looks of it there could be some great games coming up. With Waterford losing to shels:( Its almost definite we are in the playoffs. So thats the possibility of 3 big games (hopefully) plus we have the small matter of a cup final. Exciting times.

Sorry lad, couldnt help myself with the previous post:)

Which match did you see.

You should come along to more. By the looks of it there could be some great games coming up. With Waterford losing to shels:( Its almost definite we are in the playoffs. So thats the possibility of 3 big games (hopefully) plus we have the small matter of a cup final. Exciting times.
    It's fine - I certainly deserved it (and I would probably have done the same):)

I was at the SF on Sunday. Problem is I have 4 (young) kids, and a Man U Season Ticket, so I have to choose my matches carefully!

The wife and kids are away for the week, hence I could watch the first 60 minutes of Liverpool v United:(, and then come along to the Morton Stadium for the Semi:).

When the kids get a bit older (the boy is only 4) I will certainly be looking to introduce him to the game by bringing him (and perhaps a couple of the girls also) along to some matches.

By the way, what's the story with the stadium? I note from earlier posts an intention to build a new one at Turvey. Is that what the current development is all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Would yous prefer to travel to us or UCD for the playoff?

With current form, I don't think it would matter really. The team is in great spirits, passing the ball well, and scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

DSB wrote: »

I'd prefer UCD myself for the less hostile home crowd. We also have already beaten them there this season.

DSB wrote: »

No. I would like yous to play us at morton:D

To be honest. I would like Shels. They have been our biggest rivals since we started. It would make for a great game between two clubs that dont particularly like each other (to put it mildly.) How exciting would that game be. It would be more than likely at tolka which would mean better atmosphere than at UCD. If it was UCD it would be a completely different game especially at their ground. We dont travel well (fans that is) and would they have a big crowd at home. I doubt it. So im hoping its Shels for purely the event itself as I think both teams will be difficult to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

We dont travel well (fans that is) and would they have a big crowd at home.
    Too long a cycle for the BMX's?

It will be Shels v Franchise, UCD won't drop points to Athlone or Waterford.

• Advertisement

Based on Waterford's performance last night against us, think it is very likely that they'll get a result against UCD. Excellent side, as I'm sure Fingal fans will agree with them being the only side they haven't beaten this season.

Agreed. If they had a bigger squad then no doubt that they would be in the mix on the last day to go up.

What an end to season we have in store for us. Shels in the playoff and sligo in the FAI cup final and hopefully more. I love being a SF supporter.:D

It'll make the next few games very interesting.

Promotion, Cup win and European football next year are all very possible.

Great win last night. Nice to see them still scoring plenty of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It'll make the next few games very interesting.

Promotion, Cup win and European football next year are all very possible.

Great win last night. Nice to see them still scoring plenty of goals.

Won't be any European football in Morton, probably will have to be in Tolka, and we'd probably just be able to name our price.:D

None of you Fingal fans were at a gaff party near the South Circular Road last night?

Won't be any European football in Morton, probably will have to be in Tolka, and we'd probably just be able to name our price.:D

Dalymount actually, it wouldn't be Tolka.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

None of you Fingal fans were at a gaff party near the South Circular Road last night?

You need to get out more.

You need to get out more.

Gav's at pretty much every Shels game there is, home or away, gets out plenty. Nice that you've such an interest in his social life though.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Barring a bizarre result after tonight's result, Shels away in the playoff.

Fancy our chances?

• Advertisement

Yes.
    Its going to be a mental match with the winner going to the play off final.
    Just hope our defense holds up and not let slip any lead we may have .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement