Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

just heading home after being at the press conference for the FAI Ford Cup Final with Fingal.

It is interesting hearing the players talk about the club. They always talk about it being much more than just a football club/team. They talk about the community, the club, the team and all the other parts of the Sporting Fingal organisation.

Everyone is very grounded. They're just focusing on the next game. There's still a lot to play for, before the Cup Final. I'll post some picts later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

cymro wrote: »
    Yes.
    Its going to be a mental match with the winner going to the play off final.
    Just hope our defense holds up and not let slip any lead we may have .

Agreed. We tend to get nervous and let in silly goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Any word when the tickets go on sale? Sligo are saying that they got 4,500 tickets, is this true and did we get any extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Paulw wrote: »
    Dalymount actually, it wouldn't be Tolka.

Doubt it, sure Bohs will probably be in Europe along with league games and cup games they'll have a pretty packed affair in Dalyer.
    You need to get out more.

Why's that?

DSB wrote: »
    Gav's at pretty much every Shels game there is, home or away, gets out plenty. Nice that you've such an interest in his social life though.

You seem to have an interest in my social life too, stalker!:D

Any word when the tickets go on sale? Sligo are saying that they got 4,500 tickets, is this true and did we get any extra?

Fingal will have 2,000 adult tickets and 1,000 for children. Not sure yet about when they go on sale.

Sligo got a very similar allocation, so I doubt it's 4,500 in actual fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

I heard someone saying they were going to be selling tickets at the weekend so hopefully some announcement will be made soon.

Tickets on sale already. I would suggest you ring the club for them on friday as there might not be that many left at the athlone game. Also with Sligo's tickets nearly sold out they will be aiming to buy some of ours through fingal based sligo fans.

Wednesday November 04 2009

SPORTING were last night allocated approximately 2,000 tickets for the FAI Ford Cup final on November 22 against Sligo Rovers at Tallaght Stadium.

Part of that allocation will comprise a limited number of tickets for children. Tickets are priced at e25 for an adult in the covered stand, e20 for an adult in an uncovered stand and a discounted price for a child of e10.

John O'Brien, club secretary, is urging supporters to get in touch with the club this week about obtaining tickets to avoid disappointment.

'Due to restrictions in capacity at Tallaght Stadium and demand for tickets from Sligo Rovers, we would advise our supporters to arrange their tickets as soon as possible, ideally this week,' he said.

'Interest in the fixture has been huge in the Fingal area since our semi-final victory over Bray Wanderers and in order to ensure the club are represented in big numbers on the day at this historic event for the county, we would recommend tickets be purchased at the earliest opportunity.'

Info on where the tickets are being sold is on the Sporting Fingal website.

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/2391/FAI-Cup-Final-Tickets-on-sale.aspx

Also, updated regular info on their Facebook page too.

Bayly suspended for the shels game????:mad:

• Advertisement

Bayly suspended for the shels game????:mad:

Thats not good but at least it reduces the chance of us getting a red card:D

Kirby will fall back into midfield and Zayed will take his place. Not bad options to be honest.

At least he will be back for the first leg of the play off final :)

Just thinking of it there, with Derry possibly going bust it could mean somehow both of us could go up I'd say, anyway, is there any plans for seating on he terrace in Santry? If no, then yous can't be awarded a premier license.:D

Just thinking of it there, with Derry possibly going bust it could mean somehow both of us could go up I'd say, anyway, is there any plans for seating on he terrace in Santry? If no, then yous can't be awarded a premier license.:D

Im sure we have something planned. I doubt we would spend the money we have and not have something in the pipeline. Maybe we could ground share with yous for the next few years, Oh wait. :)

I think I have angered the gods over at fool.ie again. This might be the ban:D

Im sure we have something planned. I doubt we would spend the money we have and not have something in the pipeline. Maybe we could ground share with yous for the next few years, Oh wait. :)

The closest home match you'll get t Tolka will be your European matches if you beta Sligo.

Disappointing result tonight, and I feel it was a bit cruel. Fingal had more chances, better chances and more of the play. But, in fairness, Athlone took their chances well.

Crazy with Robbie Doyle being sent off.

Roll on Tue.

We have more seats than utd park and have plans in to build a stadium so we might be ok :D

In the mean time can we borrow tolka's seats as you have no use for them after tues ?:D Clean the bird crap off first please

I wonder if stu and the hamster are internet lovers ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

What was the lineup like?

DSB wrote: »
    What was the lineup like?

Reserves and Youth team bare one ore two. Even so, we still should have beaten athlone.

Cant wait for tuesday now. All the best regardless of what happens. I know we have not always seen eye to eye but at the end of the day we are football fans. So heres to a cracking game of football.

• Advertisement

I wonder if stu and the hamster are internet lovers ? :D

What an absolute joke these boys are. I think thats me banned from fool.ie now. Ah well.:D

It was predictable that a shels head was the first to comment on last nights attendance on there :)
    Dont think you are banned yet, have another go :)

We have more seats than utd park and have plans in to build a stadium so we might be ok :D

Well if there is plans forwarded for a new stadium then you's will be grand, otherise you need to up to 1,500 seats if you want to play in the Premier.;)
    It was predictable that a shels head was the first to comment on last nights attendance on there :)

221 fans with up to 50 away fans isn't great, especially when it was a pretty big match. Just in case you're wondering we had the guts of 350 fans in Kildare.:D

Onto the play-off (since I can't post on the soccer forum), do yous fancy your chances? I'm not that confident, even though we haven't lost to yous ever in Tolka afaik. Should be a good game, expecting over 1,000 Shels fans, say 200 or so neutrals in with the Shels then whatever crowd Fingal and Bohs bring to the away section, so should be a good attendence.

Still it was predictable that it was a shels head that commented first as if he was telling us something we didnt know :D

I want to be confidence but all other results between the 2 go out the window with this one as it will be an emotional roller coaster of a game with both set of fans biting their nails or their friends nails waiting for that first goal and praying or wishing that they hold on to the lead. We have been letting in some late goals of late and i hope we have 3 in the onion bag before i can relax.
    I take that it will be settled on the night with penalties if needed, and if so shels might feel confidence seeing that they won in the league cup that way last year.
    I think that Sporting Fingal will play the best they have all season and lets hope there arnt any silly sending offs and nasty challenges and the schooligans behave if shels lose.

I think, considering recent results, we've a very good chance on Tue. I'd certainly put some money on it.

The fact that there has to be a result really puts pressure on.

Hopefully there will be plenty of good football, and fair play.

and the schooligans behave if shels lose.

What about if Fingal lose will the Bohs schooligans behave?
    Paulw wrote: »

Hopefully there will be plenty of good football, and fair play.

Shels + Football = you've gotta be kidding, althought we actually tried to play the ball on the ground against Kildare I'd say e'll be back to our hoofball come Tuesday.

I cant speak for schooligans of a team i dont follow but if they show up then you can bet that they wont behave and are there only for one reason and has nothing to do with Sporting Fingal or their fans. All i can say is that if they are in with us and start playing plastic hoolies then they will get abuse from me and a kick up the arse over the fence.
    They showed up at tolka when Dublin city beat Rovers to go up and after the match, rovers fans got onto the pitch to cheer up their players and bohs schoolies and the guards thought they were running at the bohs fans which they wernt and the bohs heads legged it :)
    They are not welcome at morton or at tolka at the play off if they show.

At the Dublin City v Rovers play off i was cheering for what is now part of the shels team and manager. Hope they dont do it again :)

I cant speak for schooligans of a team i dont follow but if they show up then you can bet that they wont behave and are there only for one reason and has nothing to do with Sporting Fingal or their fans. All i can say is that if they are in with us and start playing plastic hoolies then they will get abuse from me and a kick up the arse over the fence.
    They showed up at tolka when Dublin city beat Rovers to go up and after the match, rovers fans got onto the pitch to cheer up their players and bohs schoolies and the guards thought they were running at the bohs fans which they wernt and the bohs heads legged it :)
    They are not welcome at morton or at tolka at the play off if they show.

No if Bohs schoolies will be down, it's where.

• Advertisement

What about if Fingal lose will the Bohs schooligans behave?

Shels + Football = you've gotta be kidding, althought we actually tried to play the ball on the ground against Kildare I'd say e'll be back to our hoofball come Tuesday.

All the best lad. I totally understand the reasons for the need to have shels in the top flight after all the sh*t that has gone on with other teams. Dont get me wrong, I want us to beat you s but a shels team in the top flight will help the league over all. Best of luck. ( and then lose please;)) but you know what I mean

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement