Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

No if Bohs schoolies will be down, it's where.

eh?

All the best lad. I totally understand the reasons for the need to have shels in the top flight after all the sh*t that has gone on with other teams. Dont get me wrong, I want us to beat you s but a shels team in the top flight will help the league over all. Best of luck. ( and then lose please;)) but you know what I mean

Post again when you are sober Lamps :D you dont really mean that do you? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Your clowns, not football fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Walsh wrote: »
    Your clowns, not football fans.
    And your (sic) banned for a week for trolling. HB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

cymro wrote: »
    eh?

Presume you're picking up on the "where" part, well the last few times the mad lads have been down they've been down towards Ballybough or up towards Marino, whereas they used to be outside Tolka.

If going by the Longford match policing there will be some policing tomorrow night. Nerves already starting to get to me, and so much for college keeping my mind off it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

In relation to the Darren Quigley thing, could Quigley's contract with Fingal even become void given his contract with Derry now has to be considered void. Realistically theres no way he can be allowed play, through no fault of Fingal's of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

DSB wrote: »
    In relation to the Darren Quigley thing, could Quigley's contract with Fingal even become void given his contract with Derry now has to be considered void. Realistically theres no way he can be allowed play, through no fault of Fingal's of course.

Nothing obvious yet as to why he can't play. From reading some reports, I'd say that Quigley's contract issues (if there were any) were discovered and sorted when he transferred to Fingal.

Could be interesting though.

Im sure the club has it sorted. If Konopka is in goal tomorrow night then we will know the answer. Konopka is still a decent keeper though.

Crowe supposely being off-loaded to yous from Bohs. Supposely yourselfs and Shams were offering some kid called Ryan McEvoy a tonne more than Bohs but he's accepted Bohs (lesson 1: money cant' buy everyone).:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Post again when you are sober Lamps :D you dont really mean that do you? :rolleyes:

I meant every word of it. Of course I want it to be us promoted and it better be but I can see the need for a shels team to compete in the top flight. Im not obviously hoping they win against us, I just understand why fans of other teams would want Shels in the top flight.

I dont drink and post:o Well not all the time :D

• Advertisement

Crowe supposely being off-loaded to yous from Bohs. Supposely yourselfs and Shams were offering some kid called Ryan McEvoy a tonne more than Bohs but he's accepted Bohs (lesson 1: money cant' buy everyone).:D

No thats true but you might be disappointed who we end up with if its us who get promoted and yous stay down;) Plus im not going to buy a programme of you tomorrow due to the post office ticket thingy yous did at our last game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

No thats true but you might be disappointed who we end up with if its us who get promoted and yous stay down;) Plus im not going to buy a programme of you tomorrow due to the post office ticket thingy yous did at our last game :)

Huh? Tell me more? What "Post office Ticket thingy?"

Huh? Tell me more? What "Post office Ticket thingy?"

A guy stood outside our stadium handing out those free post office tickets to any shels fans that didnt have one. They did it so they wouldnt give any money to our club.

Can I just say at this point to anyone, lets not get into an argument about this, Im just explaining what happened, to Alan.

The comment to Gavin was tongue n cheek. Just a bit of banter because he was upset the last time about us not buying programmes.

I also think he cried a little about it, But hey, he is a passionate guy:P:D

I was talking to Crowe a few weeks ago and asked him if he was going to play for us next year he said " You never know " :D
    It was just light hearted but it would be good for another Fingal lad playing for Sporting :D We might get more from this area following Sporting then .

The comment to Gavin was tongue n cheek. Just a bit of banter because he was upset the last time about us not buying programmes.

I also think he cried a little about it, But hey, he is a passionate guy:P:D

Aw crap Lamper, you just reminded me I'm going to get dragged into selling progammes fr the first time since your last match in Tolka, tits. Better wear an oul balacalva so no one sees me.:D Ye and I did nearly cry, a the railing between the Riverside and New Stand were tied together so I had to jump out onto the pitch, all the effort for 7 progammes. :D

At least it should be dry tomorrow. But, it'll be a cold night.

Hopefully it'll be a good game, and should have plenty of passion.

Does anybody know why Packie Bonner and Jeff Kenna where at our game against athlone and yes before anybody asks, we added them to our attendance count:D

on a slightly different note for a sec. Can anybody tell me how to get in contact with foot.ie. I have tried to join but it says it cannot contact my e-mail address to confirm if its real or not. My address is original (not a hotmail or anything like that). I have tried to contact admin. but it says i have to be a member to access this page. Which is a little annoying because im trying to contact them because a cant become a member:mad:. any help appreciated.
    The admin lad there is up his own arse and so are some of the posters. Id give it a miss if i was you ( then again, i had no choice):D
    As for foot.ie you'd be better off not getting involved with that lot. Bunch of up their own arse Cork City fans who are always right and mod the forum like a bootcamp.:rolleyes:

Why didnt I listen :(:D

Nerves are completely gone. For anyone coming from town there was a crash at the Cat and Cage and the traffic is/was supposely mad, not sure of the situ now though.

it's a very cold night in Tolka. The pitch looks well. No new injury worries for Fingal. Now, just have to wait for kick off now.

• Advertisement

Congratulations:(

*Deep breath* As much as I hate your fans, your club (which shouldn't exist), your manager, a large bunch of your players, your stadium, and basically everything that is linked someway to Sporting Fingal, but well Congrats and I personnally can see yous wiping the floor with Bray. The better team won. Hope you liked the display "Real Football Club, Real Fans".:p

Might be needing a favour off one of you Fingal fans that has a connection with the club, and no it's not to bomb them.:D

According to a Pats fan I know who was in the Riverside with you load, half the LoI Premier Division players were there. Seems Pete Mahon is Keelys replacement also, not signing a new contract at Pats I'm told and he was one of a few LoI managers in the Main Stand along with Gill, Paul Doolin, Fenlon say there was a few others and Alan Moore, Heary, Crawford. Not unusual for Heary to be at a Shels match.

Crowe, Barry Murphy (€1,200 a week) and Ronan Finn are supposely on there way to Fingal.

*Deep breath* As much as I hate your fans, your club (which shouldn't exist), your manager, a large bunch of your players, your stadium, and basically everything that is linked someway to Sporting Fingal, but well Congrats and I personnally can see yous wiping the floor with Bray. The better team won. Hope you liked the display "Real Football Club, Real Fans".:p

Might be needing a favour off one of you Fingal fans that has a connection with the club, and no it's not to bomb them.:D

According to a Pats fan I know who was in the Riverside with you load, half the LoI Premier Division players were there. Seems Pete Mahon is Keelys replacement also, not signing a new contract at Pats I'm told and he was one of a few LoI managers in the Main Stand along with Gill, Paul Doolin, Fenlon say there was a few others and Alan Moore, Heary, Crawford. Not unusual for Heary to be at a Shels match.

Crowe, Barry Murphy (€1,200 a week) and Ronan Finn are supposely on there way to Fingal.

Im confused is there a question in there?;)

Hard luck boys, but it is true, the best team won, no doubt. I just have to wonder what would have happened if that muppet flood didnt get sent off. From what I seen, it was stupid what he did. How do yous feel about the sending off.

The ref was a joke from start to finish.

One of the best matches iv been to. The game had everything.
    My man of the match was O Neil, with an honourable mention going to Fitzgerald, Zayed and Williams (others had a good game I know).
    It took me two hours and a few bevvies to come down from the high but its not over yet. We still have a two legged playoff final to compete in.

Fair play to our support tonight, We mad some great noise and supported our team brilliantly.

Dont know if my heart will take 3 more games like that:)

Thats because they all want to play for the fingal:D;)

Not really going to get into the Who was and who wasnt a fingal fan thingy
    and how many of us there where. Been there, done that, too many times.

About the players you think are coming to us, is your source a decent one?

Hard luck boys, but it is true, the best team won, no doubt. I just have to wonder what would have happened if that muppet flood didnt get sent off. From what I seen, it was stupid what he did. How do yous feel about the sending off.

The ref was a joke from start to finish.

One of the best matches iv been to. The game had everything.
    My man of the match was O Neil, with an honourable mention going to Fitzgerald, Zayed and Williams (others had a good game I know).
    It took me two hours and a few bevvies to come down from the high but its not over yet. We still have a two legged playoff final to compete in.

Fair play to our support tonight, We mad some great noise and supported our team brilliantly.

Dont know if my heart will take 3 more games like that:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8sYtjKVDxU

Says it all about Flood's sending off, it wasn't one, and he isn't a muppet.

Having said that, I don't think it would have made a difference, our defence wasn't able for it, and even if we'd gone on and equalised, we wouldn't have lasted. Big changes needed at Shels, starting with the manager.

DSB wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8sYtjKVDxU

Says it all about Flood's sending off, it wasn't one, and he isn't a muppet.

Having said that, I don't think it would have made a difference, our defence wasn't able for it, and even if we'd gone on and equalised, we wouldn't have lasted. Big changes needed at Shels, starting with the manager.

Just my opinion.

Youtube clip aint very clear to be honest, and if you raise your hands you run the risk.

Will or is there any highlights anywhere?

Anyway none of this changes a thing.

Again, hard luck on last night and i do agree that a top flight is a better place with shels in it.

Might be needing a favour off one you you gents, I'll know over the weekend. Basically after our match against yous there a few weeks back I was heading to my "Debs" straight after the match, so have the progamme to my mate and the fool has lost it. And well I've a progamme (or teamsheet in some cases) from every match in the last 2 seasons including friendlies and even a progamme from our teams pish-up match in Holland in January which afaik there are only 7 in Ireland.:D
    Thats because they all want to play for the fingal:D;)

About the players you think are coming to us, is your source a decent one?

Sure why wouldn't they, a grand a week and a free gaff and basically guarenteed a job in Fingal CC if you want one, I wouldn't say no.

Crowe rumour has been doing the round, Bohs looking to off-load some of the dearer players to bring in the likes of Cretero off Sligo, etc... The Barry Murphy and Finn one came from a Bohs mate who knows Finn. Pretty score rumours.

Will or is there any highlights anywhere?

Probably not till next season when the DVD is out, iirc someone on our forum said the goals were on RTE so might be on MNS on Monday week.

So, you want a match programme? Not a problem, give me a shout if you need.

It would be interesting to see highlights from the match.

Paulw wrote: »
    So, you want a match programme? Not a problem, give me a shout if you need.

It would be interesting to see highlights from the match.

If you can get a progamme that would be brilliant, mate had a look again today and he couldn't find it (he has our banner in his possession for the first time this season, fecker will probably lose it:mad:).

Ye it would be very interesting, what to see the peno and the sending off decisions. Least this match doesn't have the same affect on me as the Limerick match last year, can still to this day remember the moment that runt Scanlon scored.

• Advertisement

If you can get a progamme that would be brilliant.

Normally, I have them packed away, but for some reason, the Fingal-Shels, 9th Oct programme is still sitting on my desk.

Your lucky day ... in that respect.

Might see if there's a spare around the press office on Fri for ya. Otherwise, you can have mine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement