Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I've a progamme (or teamsheet in some cases) from every match in the last 2 seasons including friendlies and even a progamme from our teams pish-up match in Holland in January which afaik there are only 7 in Ireland.:D

Such a nerd ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Paulw wrote: »
    Normally, I have them packed away, but for some reason, the Fingal-Shels, 9th Oct programme is still sitting on my desk.

Your lucky day ... in that respect.

Might see if there's a spare around the press office on Fri for ya. Otherwise, you can have mine.

Cheers Paul, don't be wrecking your collection, hence why I was wondering if anyone could get one from the club.
    Such a nerd ;):D

Personal abuse! Ban him.:D Ye I know, but when you're a SuperFan™ like me and you've been to nearly all the matches in the last 2 years you gotten keep track of how great you are (yes I am taking the mickey).:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Cheers Paul, don't be wrecking your collection, hence why I was wondering if anyone could get one from the club.

It's not a collection, per se. Actually, my girlfriend keeps going to throw my programmes out.

Either way, I'll get you a programme. There are normally a few old programmes in the press office, but if not, you can have mine. It doesn't bother me.

Cheers man, I should be at the FAI Cup Final (if I get my free tickets).

Cheers man, I should be at the FAI Cup Final (if I get my free tickets).

Hey. Is it not time you started paying into games involving Sporting Fingal:D

Will you not be dropping in to see us against Bray?

• Advertisement

I'll just charge him €20 for that match programme. :D

Will you not be dropping in to see us against Bray?

Could say that about alot of the Fingal support too!:p

Nah, not bloody arsed going up to Morton, effort of the journey and I can see you's winning by 2 or more goals.
    I'll just charge him €20 for that match programme. :D

Cancel my request so!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

DSB wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8sYtjKVDxU

Says it all about Flood's sending off, it wasn't one, and he isn't a muppet

I was speaking to a very reliable shels fan who was right behind the goal mouth on Tuesday night. He said flood pushed Quigley in the back sending him back into the net. Ref was on top of it and rightly sent him off.

Same shels fan said the penalty was not a penalty and if it was an infringement, it should have been a free kick and suggested he went down easy.

Anyway, its done now.

Shels really need to start over. Its not right having a club which their record and fan support languishing in the first division.

I was speaking to a very reliable shels fan who was right behind the goal mouth on Tuesday night. He said flood pushed Quigley in the back sending him back into the net. Ref was on top of it and rightly sent him off.

Well one of yous are talking out your swiss, the ref was called over by the linesman for the Flood booking therefore I'm guessing the ref didn't see it at all.

Any suggestions on the Player of the Season?

• Advertisement

At the end of the day it shouldnt have even been a penalty(according to most reports), therefore shels wouldnt have scored the penalty to make it 1-2, therefore flood wouldnt have pushed the keeper and got himself sent off and the game would have been more than likely 2 nil to us. :D The arguement is totally redundant at this point, as it was at the end of the game also.

Any suggestions on the Player of the Season?

Its obviously going to go to Conan and I wouldnt doubt he deserves it but my favourite player for the season is Kirby. (hope he is fit soon)

Its obviously going to go to Conan and I wouldnt doubt he deserves it but my favourite player for the season is Kirby. (hope he is fit soon)

Have to agree on both counts there.

Hopefully Conan will knock in a few more goals before the season is finished.

Kirby has been great, but in fairness, the whole team have been very good. A very strong squad and a solid unit. It's great to see them playing a passing game of football, which is attractive to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Im sure Conan will get it but i agree with Lamps, Kirby is my choice as he has given 100% in every game he played in.
    To the tune of camptown races :D
    " Who knocked the ball into the shelbourne net? Zayed, Zayed ,
    Who knocked the ball into the shelbourne net? eamon zayed,
    Eamon Zayed, eamon zayed, he put the ball in the shelbourne net,
    eamon zayed "

Then repeat for Williams :D

Really p*ssing it down now. Going to be a bit of a wild night:D Still cant wait.

Really p*ssing it down now. Going to be a bit of a wild night:D Still cant wait.

I'm gonna get soaked. Wet gear going on, before I go out the door.

Come on Fingal.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,330 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Pitch is waterlogged, making it very difficult to play any decent football. This is currently playing into the hands of Bray. Much more rain though, and the match could be abandoned

Well, the match went ahead and finished. Great win for Fingal who showed they could play football even in horrible conditions.

Good to see all the FAI heads there tonight too.

Well taken goals, and nice to see Conan get enother.

Roll on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

Great Win...
    Only watched the game on the box,but thought the boys dug deep.Fair Fcuks to them !

Difficult game tonight. The weather conditions where atrocious. Game should have been called off. Grateful that we got the win but it was a farce of a game. In all fairness Bray played quite well despite the conditions.

• Advertisement

sneem-man wrote: »
    Great Win...
    Only watched the game on the box,but thought the boys dug deep.Fair Fcuks to them !

Welcome. Always nice to have a new poster.

The luck just wasnt with bray tonight or they could have either drew or won.
    Hopefully we can hold out on monday and get one or two more goals in the bank.
    Fair play to the Bray fans that turned up on a dreadful night thinking that they might be on the open terrace.

cymro wrote: »
    The luck just wasnt with bray tonight or they could have either drew or won.
    Hopefully we can hold out on monday and get one or two more goals in the bank.
    Fair play to the Bray fans that turned up on a dreadful night thinking that they might be on the open terrace.

Bray had some great chances, but in fairness, Quigley had a great game and made some wonderful saves.

I'd say, if the pitch is in good condition, Monday will be much of the same. Another few goals for Sporting Fingal.

I must say, fair play to the Event Controller and Stewards last night, for bringing the Bray fans over and giving them some shelter. Sometimes, protocol can be left aside, and good will shown to everyone. Hopefully the fans in the lower area of the stand didn't get too wet.

Anyway, a few picts from the game here.

Bray had some great chances, but in fairness, Quigley had a great game and made some wonderful saves.

I'd say, if the pitch is in good condition, Monday will be much of the same. Another few goals for Sporting Fingal.

I must say, fair play to the Event Controller and Stewards last night, for bringing the Bray fans over and giving them some shelter. Sometimes, protocol can be left aside, and good will shown to everyone. Hopefully the fans in the lower area of the stand didn't get too wet.

Anyway, a few picts from the game here.

Great photos Paul.

Absolute mud bath last night, very surprised that the full match was played really. The lads showed great bottle to withstand Bray's initial attacks but I thought there was only going to be one winner on the night.

The ballboys almost refused to come off the pitch when I went out to withdraw them. They wanted to be on the telly!

I'm sorry I'm going to miss the 2nd leg on Monday.

Any idea when yous are sending your un-sold tickets back to the FAI.

Any idea when yous are sending your un-sold tickets back to the FAI.

At the moment, it doesn't look like there will be many to send back. I was asking last night, and the tickets are going very well. With a week to go, I'd say they will all sell. Almost 2,000 sold to date.

At the moment, it doesn't look like there will be many to send back. I was asking last night, and the tickets are going very well. With a week to go, I'd say they will all sell. Almost 2,000 sold to date.

Crap, won't be going FAI cup so.:D I said sold btw not given out.;)

Extra tickets were supposed to go on sale from ticketmaster today.

Well ... wet start this morning, nice after that ... so, we can only hope it doesn't get too wet this evening. I don't fancy being soaked again.

Come on Fingal ... another good win will be a boost before Sunday.

• Advertisement

Was like a monsoon from about 4am till 6am, gotta hate the oul velux windows.:mad:

This was posted on the RTE website at 1pm so not sure if it's still happening
    DART services are suspended between Dún Laoghaire and Bray due to flooding on the line at Sandycove.

Dublin Bus will accept rail tickets.

No doubt yous have a supporters bus to Bray anyway.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement