Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Was like a monsoon from about 4am till 6am, gotta hate the oul velux windows.:mad:

This was posted on the RTE website at 1pm so not sure if it's still happening

No doubt yous have a supporters bus to Bray anyway.:rolleyes:

You bored now that your season is over. Must be quite frustrating. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

You bored now that your season is over. Must be quite frustrating. :p

Not yet, it will be a kick in the oul lower region though with literally Discover Ireland next season along with some nice hoofball since Dermo is manager next season. Gonna be expensive season, free tickets hopefully to away matches.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Windy night here in Bray. The rain has stopped for now. Can't see there being a big crowd. May even be the case that there are more Fingal fans than Bray fans.

Hopefully we'll get a good game with a few goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

They certainly made hard work of that,enjoyed watching it though.

What a night. Great entertainment. A good result for Fingal in the end.

There could have been so many more goals in that game. I don't know how Bray missed as many chances as they did.

On to Premier Division football next season.

Now, the cup to look forward to.

• Advertisement

You weren't wearing a Leinster hat Paul? Some guy on the pitch afterwards taking photos of Buckley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Not yet, it will be a kick in the oul lower region though with literally Discover Ireland next season along with some nice hoofball since Dermo is manager next season. Gonna be expensive season, free tickets hopefully to away matches.:cool:

This Discover Ireland comment is something that doesnt make sense. Im not having a pop at you Gav but ive read it on fools many a time. People complain that there are to many Dublin teams and they complain that they have to "Discover Ireland " in the first division . I though it was playing more teams outside dublin they wanted :confused:

May I just say, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssss:D

Premier football next season. Job done

Now we can look forward to the final and really enjoy ourselves. What a great end to the season so far. Things our looking up boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Congrats Fingal, deserved victory over 2 legs. I'm glad to swap you for Bray in Division 1, only because of geography. It will be nice to have another local-ish team to play against.

Best of luck in the Premier and see ya in one of the cups next year, no doubt :)

oldyouth wrote: »
    Congrats Fingal, deserved victory over 2 legs. I'm glad to swap you for Bray in Division 1, only because of geography. It will be nice to have another local-ish team to play against.

Best of luck in the Premier and see ya in one of the cups next year, no doubt :)

All the best lad. Hope it goes well for yous next season. At least we wont have to worry about Wexford coming to morton and spoiling our promotion push. Two years in a row lad:mad::D

• Advertisement

A few images from the game last night.

4110874960_e5f87a8bd4.jpg

4110877670_d0c49d359e.jpg

4110877288_2a17d771b3.jpg

4110880174_f3ec11e17c.jpg

4110117245_1080aa8451.jpg

Roll on Sunday. :D

I must admit, I'm concerned about the game for Sunday. If this rain and wind continues, will the pitch be playable???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Paulw wrote: »
    I must admit, I'm concerned about the game for Sunday. If this rain and wind continues, will the pitch be playable???

It should be alright. We'll get a dry spell Friday and Sunday shouldn't be a complete washout.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Just got my tickets for the big match! Apparently, we've sold 2,500 tickets so far.

Just got my tickets for the big match! Apparently, we've sold 2,500 tickets so far.

Dont tell anybody else because of course thats not possible. :rolleyes:

According to others on various websites, we couldnt possible have sold that many

Its just that those on fools dont WANT to believe it and will say that most of them was sold to dublin based sligo heads.

Now now, don't smack me in the face or anything or get into a HUGE argument. But how can yous sell 2,500 tickets when yous manage to get 100 to Bray for the biggest match to date in your history and 50 to Tallaght for the last match there against Rovers?

Would you say alot would be neutrals orother LoI fans given that very little were being sold through the FAI.

Geniune question.

Be seeing you lot on Sunday, I'm one of the FAI's guests.:cool:

Now now, don't smack me in the face or anything or get into a HUGE argument. But how can yous sell 2,500 tickets when yous manage to get 100 to Bray for the biggest match to date in your history and 50 to Tallaght for the last match there against Rovers?

Would you say alot would be neutrals orother LoI fans given that very little were being sold through the FAI.

Geniune question.

Genuine answer - who said there were 50 in Tallaght? It's false information.
    100 at Bray??? Again, false information. Even at that, consider the weather for the Bray game. Even then, Bray only brought about 120-150 fans to Morton for the game to save their season??

A cup final will always generate more interest than a league game.

People are now hearing more about Sporting Fingal, especially since they have now qualified for Premier Division football next season. People want to know what's going on and why they are doing so well.

There is certainly a lot more genuine interest in the club.

Yes, there will always be a lot of neutrals who also want to see the game, especially Dublin based neutrals, who will buy share of the Sporting Fingal allocation.

It's really not that complex.

I expect to see a good lot of black/white fans there to support Sporting Fingal, and much more than the doubters in the soccer forum seem to think.

Geniune question.

The same way Sligo managed to sell more tickets than they get at home games.

• Advertisement

Correct me if im wrong but dont sligo get about 1500 average for home games. They will have between 5 to 6000 at the game and maybe more. Are a lot of the extra fans not similar to the extra fans we are bringing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Correct me if im wrong but dont sligo get about 1500 average for home games. They will have between 5 to 6000 at the game and maybe more. Are a lot of the extra fans not similar to the extra fans we are bringing?

Well to be fair it's not the same 1500 people at each game.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Well to be fair it's not the same 1500 people at each game.

Of course not but it is still alot of new or sunshine fans as some people call it coming to a game. Which in my eyes is no different to the extra people coming to ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Congratulations to Fingal

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

WOW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Congrats Sporting Fingal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Am one happy camper right now. :) Well done lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭robpurf

ye might get a big bump in attendances now the bandwagon is truly rolling(no offence to lads going all year)anyway well done ye could see fingal would win once they got the pen

what a game and what a result. The game was good for the neutrals. Plenty of passing and football.

Fingal did get a bit of luck, but they played well enough to deserve it.

I'm looking forward to going through my picts later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Congrats, some end to the season for you guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement