Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

So you're lot are playing 37 tonight, thought it was on in Jackman and had planned on going in. Pissed off id got it wrong.

Come on 37!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Sporting wins 1-0 with a penalty in the first minute. A decent crowd for a cold good friday night , around 487.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

cymro wrote: »
    Sporting wins 1-0 with a penalty in the first minute. A decent crowd for a cold good friday night , around 487.

Cold doesn't describe it. Supposed to be equally as cold for the Shels game on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dsmythy wrote: »
    Supposed to be equally as cold for the Shels game on Monday.

If it's dry over the weekend and Monday, I'll be a happy man. Have an oul kip at half-time on that grass hill.

Will we be in the terracing on Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Good Friday would have been more of an incentive to go to a football match though.

• Advertisement

If it's dry over the weekend and Monday, I'll be a happy man. Have an oul kip at half-time on that grass hill.

Will we be in the terracing on Monday?

Don't know for sure but it looks likely that is where you'll be. Do you reckon you will be taking the league cup seriously? I heard it's not exactly top priority.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Don't know for sure but it looks likely that is where you'll be. Do you reckon you will be taking the league cup seriously? I heard it's not exactly top priority.

Doubt it will be, even doubt some of our top players will be playing. But me hopes for a win and then a nice premier tie away.:cool:

Yessssssssssssssssssssss, get in.

Finished 2-2 and Shels won 6-5 on penos with Robbie Doyle missing one high and very wide.:D

You might put in a wonder to your singing support especially when playing us not to sing the exact same song after we finish it.

Liam Buckeys' rent-boy army.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Yessssssssssssssssssssss, get in.

Finished 2-2 and Shels won 6-5 on penos with Robbie Doyle missing one high and very wide.:D

You might put in a wonder to your singing support especially when playing us not to sing the exact same song after we finish it.

Liam Buckeys' rent-boy army.:p

You where out sang for most of the match. The future versus the past. Where are you in the league again, I seem to forget

Outsung never.:rolleyes:

We're 6th with 3 games gone and you're 2nd with 3 games gone. Boll**k a whole 3 games gone.:eek:

Once again, some original songs might be useful in future.:rolleyes:

Any idea what the attendence was, heard something around 800??

• Advertisement

I laughed when the fingahooligans sang " runaway runaway runaway" but after the match they got chased into santry :D

It was just over 800.

You where out sang for most of the match.

You can't be serious? Regardless, you were beaten by a 2nd string Shels team, even with the referee giving you everything he possibly could. The league table doesn't lie but it never gives its final opinion until the last day of the season, 3 games in.......nah.

Just wondering were my posts went :D

Found them

DSB wrote: »
    You can't be serious? Regardless, you were beaten by a 2nd string Shels team, even with the referee giving you everything he possibly could. The league table doesn't lie but it never gives its final opinion until the last day of the season, 3 games in.......nah.

The ref gave us feck all. Even the lineswomen fell down laughing at shels.:D

Typical shels fans, you won and your still moaning.

Wasnt our first team either.
    3 games into your spell as a football club do you even have a first team yet?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

:D:D:D

I laughed when the fingahooligans sang " runaway runaway runaway" but after the match they got chased into santry :D

The ironing was unbelievable, considering you have never played us (a good few of the schooligans were Bohs fans by the way).

And Lamper.sffc just because we won doesn't mean you won well, ofcourse we are going to moan we played shocking in the first half and not much better in the second. We're suppose to be winning the league, even if it was most of our second string playing.

873 is the offical attendence according to our forum, I'd say 500 Shels and 373 Fingals or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The ironing was unbelievable
    LOL :D Have I stumbled into The Ladies Lounge?

• Advertisement

Typical shels fans, you won and your still moaning.

I'd make a joke about typical Sporting Fingal fans but.............

LOL :D Have I stumbled into The Ladies Lounge?

Touche, I much prefer saying ironing than irony. Has more of a "twink" to it.:D

The rest were still queing at the chip van :D

And Lamper.sffc just because we won doesn't mean you won well

:confused:

The club doesnt just have 11 players. :rolleyes:

Gavin "shels". Man whats wrong, you are always on this thread. Is it getting to you. Is all this shels failure getting you down. Come on. Its ok. Im listening.

I think you want to change over to Sporting Fingal. Is that it. Why else would you always be on here. Its ok I wont tell anyone. Come on over. SSSSSShHHHHHHHHHHHH

You can start calling yourself Gavin "S" for a while then maybe just Gavin and finally Gavin "sporting". Ahhhh I can see it now. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

By the way there was more sporting fans than Shels.:p But still a good support from your boys.

It was an enjoyable game. That's what matters when it comes to the league cup anyway. Could easily have gone the other way if Robbie didn't decide to do a little dance before taking his penalty. Sometimes simplicity does the trick.

As for fan numbers if Shels couldn't at least match the Fingal fan numbers then I'd be worried for them. After all there's a huge difference between upstarts and the old guard.

:confused:

And Lamper.sffc just because we won doesn't mean we won well. Typo.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Gavin "shels". Man whats wrong, you are always on this thread. Is it getting to you. Is all this shels failure getting you down. Come on. Its ok. Im listening.

I think you want to change over to Sporting Fingal. Is that it. Why else would you always be on here. Its ok I wont tell anyone. Come on over. SSSSSShHHHHHHHHHHHH

You can start calling yourself Gavin "S" for a while then maybe just Gavin and finally Gavin "sporting". Ahhhh I can see it now. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

By the way there was more sporting fans than Shels.:p But still a good support from your boys.

I'm an League of Ireland man, I always look for news on other clubs.

I'm a Shelbourne fan, one club one love and nothing will ever change that.;)

I doubt there was more Fingal/Bohs fans that Shels fans at the match, did you look at the picture I posted above. No more than 300 Fingal/Bohs fans.

Will you count how many fans you bring to Monaghan when you play up there for me? We brought nearly 200+ there last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement