Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

He's definitely a high quality player, and a great defender. I'm sure he'll get something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Yovil town interested in Maher.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Evening all. On the matter of reserved seating. Is there a "Noise Section" as such in Morton? The reason I'm asking is that I'm looking to get a season ticket for next season and I have a 22" "marching band" bass drum. I'm looking into getting vinyls printed for it with the Sporting crest. I've been pricing around but was also wondering is there any printed by the club at all? Is there a particular area where the noise at games is generated? Is there any other drums or the like being used at games? I've only been to the cup final and I can't remember anything of note from games i've seen on tv. Any info would be a great help.
    Many thanks,
    John

There is a "noise Section", as such. Just under the press box is where the noise comes from. Normally there's a bodhran or two there.

As for print for your drum, you should contact the club directly. http://www.sportingfingal.ie/ClubContacts/tabid/1356/Default.aspx Try contacting Conor Cullen. If they don't have something, they may be able to assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

cymro wrote: »
    Yovil town interested in Maher.

Heard that. I guess this is why we are getting in and linked with a few defenders. Seems we will be losing a few. Hope maher stays though.

• Advertisement

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Evening all. On the matter of reserved seating. Is there a "Noise Section" as such in Morton? The reason I'm asking is that I'm looking to get a season ticket for next season and I have a 22" "marching band" bass drum. I'm looking into getting vinyls printed for it with the Sporting crest. I've been pricing around but was also wondering is there any printed by the club at all? Is there a particular area where the noise at games is generated? Is there any other drums or the like being used at games? I've only been to the cup final and I can't remember anything of note from games i've seen on tv. Any info would be a great help.
    Many thanks,
    John

You would be a welcome addition. Id say the club would be open to helping you out. Good luck anyway and hopefully we have a great year next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Heard that. I guess this is why we are getting in and linked with a few defenders. Seems we will be losing a few. Hope maher stays though.

Heard him say at an FAI coaching course (to a non-Fingal fan so he wasn't pandering) that he was hoping to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I got a season ticket off Santa :D

DSB wrote: »
    Heard him say at an FAI coaching course (to a non-Fingal fan so he wasn't pandering) that he was hoping to stay.

As far as I know he was given a coaching role as well as playing last year so id assume he would like to carry that on with us next season. Might not get that abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

You would be a welcome addition. Id say the club would be open to helping you out. Good luck anyway and hopefully we have a great year next year.

Hey I would just like to second that. The river valley boys were a bit off n on with that bodhrain, it would be nice to see somone put in a rhythm section thats louder and let the lads get on with shouting "Bucko, bucko givez a wave":pac:

• Advertisement

A little disappointed about Philip Byrne leaving. Thought he did really well when Maher and Paisley where injured at the beginning of the season. He would be a good player for another team going for promotion in the 1st IMO.

Is anyone disappointed with Robbie Doyle going. I know he deserved to be dropped and all that, but sort of thought he would be one of the nest eggs that needed to be in the premier?:(

Is anyone disappointed with Robbie Doyle going. I know he deserved to be dropped and all that, but sort of thought he would be one of the nest eggs that needed to be in the premier?:(

In a word. No :D

In a word. No :D

Have to agree there. While he's very good at putting the ball in the net, I think Zayed, O'Neill and Kirby have a much higher work rate and are as good up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

His initial flurry of goals was terrific, but I can't help but feel that his absence is no loss to the club. As Paul said, I think work rate is far more important at which he was very, very poor.

An additional, experienced striker would be welcome as I suspect Conan will be marked off the pitch next season.

His initial flurry of goals was terrific, but I can't help but feel that his absence is no loss to the club. As Paul said, I think work rate is far more important at which he was very, very poor.

An additional, experienced striker would be welcome as I suspect Conan will be marked off the pitch next season.

Ok :)

I had it in the back of my head that the very problem you mention about Conan will mean that the premiership sides figure out our "wide" attacking game quickly. The reason I felt we might have kept Doyle was that he allowed us a wildcard type sub who knows how to take a chance late in a game where we are struggling....

If I am honest I think that Zayed sometimes lacks a bit of work rate.

Ok :)

I had it in the back of my head that the very problem you mention about Conan will mean that the premiership sides figure out our "wide" attacking game quickly. The reason I felt we might have kept Doyle was that he allowed us a wildcard type sub who knows how to take a chance late in a game where we are struggling....

If I am honest I think that Zayed sometimes lacks a bit of work rate.

I do agree that Doyle is a "wildcard". Not always in the best way. :rolleyes:

Zayed didn't have the best of seasons, due to injury and such.

I think that Fingal have great options - Kirby and O'Neill through the centre and Conan on the wing.

A more attacking force must also be matched with a strong centre and a good back line (which I think we have).

The next month should be interesting to see what other signings come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

As far as I know he was given a coaching role as well as playing last year so id assume he would like to carry that on with us next season. Might not get that abroad.

Yup think thats correct, almost sure he was there with a view to being an FAI coach educator which is something he wouldn't be able to do abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Cunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

hunter164 - Banned for 3 months. HB

Update: hunter164 permabanned until he/she cops on. HB

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Update: hunter164 permabanned until he/she cops on. HB

LOL I see he/she took the warning like a trooper. Justice was swift and decisive. Twice...

Still there was a laconic honesty about what was said. It beats "you stole our stadium/fanbase"....

Laconic honesty within the forum charter & general site-wide rules is fine. An unwillingness to accept those rules after a warning & a ban - in football parlance - leads to an early & everlasting bath.

Now, no more discussion of mod decisions on thread.

Play on!

Seems the lads had a short Christmas. They were back training on Monday morning. No rest for the wicked.

Paulw wrote: »
    Seems the lads had a short Christmas. They were back training on Monday morning. No rest for the wicked.

Good to see a professional approach to what is a very important season for the club.

Cant wait for Prem football and Europe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It beats "you stole our stadium/fanbase"....

:confused:

Any of yous hear anything about Derek Foran signing for yous? Was supposely signed up by us but now talk of him going to yourselfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

when is the draw for the first matches in the primier division for 2010? hope we get bohs at home.

Early Feb, I think. First games are early March.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

cheers, cant wait:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Any news on friendlies this month??? Im sure the lads arent going to just jump into the league campaign in March!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement