Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Nothing set yet.

Currently they're only doing light training, to have some level of fitness.

Main squad proper training doesn't start until mid Jan, so I wouldn't expect any friendly games until at least early Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Ah Gav - Ollie was an absolute legend - bucketloads of passion - but a disaster in the business of running a club. Wedded to the bankrupt modalities that are too sadly rife in the EL. Our canny Council men who instigated Sporting have made sure to hook the bluest of blue chip backers who are personally committed for the long-term. Also we have a ready made supply of talent from the existing local clubs. It'll be great when local lads are playing in the CL in a local stadium!

From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_Fingal_F.C.
    "The consortium of backers are Twinite (a property development company), Keelings (a fruit and vegetable distributor) and Anglo Irish Bank Corporation PLC."

You better hope the fruit and vegetable distribution business holds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_Fingal_F.C.
    "The consortium of backers are Twinite (a property development company), Keelings (a fruit and vegetable distributor) and Anglo Irish Bank Corporation PLC."

You better hope the fruit and vegetable distribution business holds up.

Thank you for that terrific post.

Have you seen this? http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/eejit

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Paulw wrote: »
    Early Feb, I think. First games are early March.

Last season they were two weeks before the League started iirc. First weekend of matches will be starting the 5th March.

http://www.fingal-independent.ie/sport/soccer/sporting-squad-is-taking-shape-1999757.html

Not exactly news, but still interesting enough to read. I know the lads have been training a bit over the Christmas period, just to keep the body moving. :)

I hear the main training will start again mid-month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

cant wait for the season to start, i reckon we could make a top 3 finish,

I'm gonna miss the start of the season. Probably miss the first 4 games. :(

Not much I can do though, I'll be in Hawaii. :D

I'm gonna miss the start of the season. Probably miss the first 4 games. :(

Not much I can do though, I'll be in Hawaii. :D

That's awful Paul, you must be gutted.

That's awful Paul, you must be gutted.

I am, I am. :p

And it gets worse ... I'll be there on my honeymoon. All downhill now. :eek:

I am, I am. :p

And it gets worse ... I'll be there on my honeymoon. All downhill now. :eek:

A double blow surely, missing the start of the season and having to get married.

On the upside, I'm sure you won't be hiring a photographer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Welcome

lets hope so. I think a mid table finish will do me fine. Anything more than that will be a bonus methinks

Thems fighting words.

Would be amazing if we could do that well. Quite happy with a mid table finish and a good cup run. Europe will be nice but I'm not so sure about travelling. Perhaps stewards will be included....

According to a waterford fan on foot.ie, we are signing Graham Cummins from them.
    Isnt that their centre back who played up front for them and scored a load of goals last season? Second highest goal scorer I think after Conan?

Yay its my 1,000 post:D. Thought it should be here rather than the witch hunt in the soccer part.
    I wonder how many of those posts have been in response to morons on this site and if its a lot what does that make me for responding to them:o

We all love fingal, We all love fingal

Your post count only seems to be 999. :D

I'm now finished with the soccer section. Especially a few posters.

Jealousy seems to be the biggest issue people have - that their club can't generate revenue, sponsorship, etc. That they can't finish games and beat Sporting Fingal.

I'm so looking forward to the new season. From talking to some of the players, they're really keen for it too. Mid table finish is highly likely, but I certainly wouldn't rule out a top 4 finish.

Jealousy seems to be the biggest issue people have - that their club can't generate revenue, sponsorship, etc. That they can't finish games and beat Sporting Fingal.

I'm so looking forward to the new season. From talking to some of the players, they're really keen for it too. Mid table finish is highly likely, but I certainly wouldn't rule out a top 4 finish.

Nooooooooooo. It said it was 1000 last night:(

Maybe iv had one deleted by a mod or something.:o

Now its 1000 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

They are not being genuine Paul, they are just on a wind up because they have an issue with Sporting.

I see us getting a euro slot through the league. Bohs and Rovers will be scrapping for top spot again with third place more open seeing the demise of Derry and Cork ( if cork get demoted ) . Dundalk or Sporting i see getting third and thats not having a pop at the rest of them with Sligo being up there as well. All could change after we find out who is playing where .

Where will we be playing the home leg of the europa tie ? Richmond? Daymount? anywhere but Tolka .

cymro wrote: »

Where will we be playing the home leg of the europa tie ? Richmond? Daymount? anywhere but Tolka .

I can't see how/why it would be Tolka. Most likely, it would be Dalymount.

the rds maybe? dont forget lads we can be sporting fingal in fifa 2011 so we can win the european cup that way ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Gentlemen you are to be commended on the defense of our club. Though it is always the same few who come on to address the accusations against our club you should know that their are many of us who follow your replies. Do not loose heart against the nonsense that is thrown back at you.
    Anyone that reads these threads can see what is behind the constant bating and berrating of a club that is trying to get established and put something back into the community.
    The league needs more fans, it cries out for more support yet there are a band of elitists that wish to vet those fans before ALLOWING them support the league and team.
    When did it change from chant's of "Who are ya, who are ya!" "You only sing when you're winning."
    To "How long have you been in the league." "Where does your finances come from!"
    It's football. It's league of Ireland. It's where we play.
    Now come and play us!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Gentlemen you are to be commended on the defense of our club. Though it is always the same few who come on to address the accusations against our club you should know that their are many of us who follow your replies. Do not loose heart against the nonsense that is thrown back at you.
    Anyone that reads these threads can see what is behind the constant bating and berrating of a club that is trying to get established and put something back into the community.
    The league needs more fans, it cries out for more support yet there are a band of elitists that wish to vet those fans before ALLOWING them support the league and team.
    When did it change from chant's of "Who are ya, who are ya!" "You only sing when you're winning."
    To "How long have you been in the league." "Where does your finances come from!"
    It's football. It's league of Ireland. It's where we play.
    Now come and play us!

Are you the president from Independence Day?

Hey that weather folks. My gods its cold out there.

Just thought a change of subject might be in order;)

Hey that weather folks. My gods its cold out there.

Just thought a change of subject might be in order;)

Any more transfer rumours?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've removed some posts relating to an overspill of a locked debate from the Soccer forum. This thread is not to be used for unwanted sh/te from the Soccer forum. Let me be very clear - if this happens again - I will dish out bans.

PM me if you wish to discuss further. As per the charter - on-thread comments about a mod decision will result in a ban.

HB

Any more transfer rumours?

Just heard about Graham Cummins beings a possibility from a waterford lad on Foot.ie. It seems we are picking up some of the better players from the 1st div or players from relegated teams.
    Any word on lorcan fitzgerald signing for us or going back abroad. This guy is quality and would be a great re-signing if we get him. One of my favourite players last year when he played. Pity injury meant he only had half a season or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Good luck to SF in their first season in the top tier, how much away spport can we expect when ye come to United Park? It'd be great if there was a big push to get as many fans out as possible, at least to silence the naysayers!

Lollymcd wrote: »
    Good luck to SF in their first season in the top tier, how much away spport can we expect when ye come to United Park? It'd be great if there was a big push to get as many fans out as possible, at least to silence the naysayers!

We had a very small but very dedicated away support last year.
    I think we had about 30 to 40 at the league cup game with yous last year. Id expect a lot more than that going up to yous in the league. From what im hearing, there will be a few more supporters clubs kicking off in the newyear. This will help greatly with the away support. It takes a while to build a support so im expecting an improvement but nothing spectacular. Obviously I hope im wrong and we get a lot more than expected. Fingers crossed.

We might be trying to get something going here in Rush but not sure yet.

edit

Im sure Andy might have a better idea of numbers than I would. from the swords side of things anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Glen Crowe could be coming to us aswell. He is a good friend with Gary O'Niel
    and has been holding out for Sporting to contact him. Nobody had contacted him up to last week but read in one of the rags that we have joined in the race to sign him. Pats, Cork and either Drogheda or Dundalk were the others after him.

crowe would be a good signing, liam could bring him on in the last 15/20 mins to hold the ball up if we are winning or on the reverse, liam could whisper in his ear " here, we are 1-0 down get on the field and get us a goal " and he would.
    dont think he can last the whole game start to finish though

• Advertisement

crowe would be a good signing, liam could bring him on in the last 15/20 mins to hold the ball up if we are winning or on the reverse, liam could whisper in his ear " here, we are 1-0 down get on the field and get us a goal " and he would.
    dont think he can last the whole game start to finish though

Not a bad signing for a team starting out in the Premier for the first time. Imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement