Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Tolka is grand till at least 2017 most likely, unless Ossie Kilkenny wants to bulid a park.

Yes. One where the grass is let grow long and wild. Where the hills role a far as the eye can see. Where funny little creatures are aloud to run wild. A place where time stands still if you will. Oh I can see it now.

Oh wait:D :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Get ready Paul, your stills will get old in this brave new world of youtube clips. :P

No chance. :D Sure the Sporting Fingal games were all recorded last season (Fingal TV???)

I have it on very good authority that Glen Crowe signed last night for Sporting Fingal.

Paulw wrote: »
    I have it on very good authority that Glen Crowe signed last night for Sporting Fingal.

Hope so. Would be a decent addition to the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

As do I. The PFAI list has just been updated.

If he scores 10-20 goals next season, I will apologise for saying that I think he's the wrong signing for us.

• Advertisement

As do I. The PFAI list has just been updated.

I wouldn't always trust that list.

It still has Eric Foley and Shane McFaul available, when McFaul has resigned for Fingal and Foley has signed for Shels.

I think Crowe may be used more as a high impact sub, rather than the key front man. I think O'Neill will still be the primary striker.

I wouldn't always trust that list.

It still has Eric Foley and Shane McFaul available, when McFaul has resigned for Fingal and Foley has signed for Shels.

I think Crowe may be used more as a high impact sub, rather than the key front man. I think O'Neill will still be the primary striker.

This is true but as its a new entry on the list, someone took the time to add it therefore I would imagine its accurate.

In saying that, we have plenty of other signings who don't feature. Does the LOI maintain such a list?

In saying that, we have plenty of other signings who don't feature. Does the LOI maintain such a list?

It does, but it's not a public list. It has to have a list of every player registered for each club (for all levels).

It does, but it's not a public list. It has to have a list of every player registered for each club (for all levels).

Hmm, would be helpful to have a bbcsport style transfer list.

Just tweeted signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Heard he is signing tomorrow. Makes no diffrence when though .

I think he will do better than Zayed who can be lazy at times.

Zayed, o'niell, Crowe. Not bad front three is it along with conan on the wing .:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

cymro wrote: »
    Heard he is signing tomorrow. Makes no diffrence when though .

I think he will do better than Zayed who can be lazy at times.

Zayed, o'niell, Crowe. Not bad front three is it along with conan on the wing .:D

kirby , zayed and o'neill up front for me with crowe on in for the last 15/20 mins:cool: bring it on:D

honestly think we have much better squad this season with the new signings, jesus man we could do real damage in our first season in the premier division, getting goosebumps already:D

The only thing im worried about is who has and who hasnt signed back on with us.

Has all the squad bar the ones we know have left. (Byrne, Doyle, Kanopka,Foley,Dinny,Fifi) signed back on?

It will be interesting to see who has signed back up with us from last year as well as who is signing this year.

it looks like crowe will take doyles place, i think/hope quigely is singing with us, we signed clarke from st,pats too, thats the strikers and keepers straight swop if you know whit i mean. we got Ronan Finn the x ucd captain and ireland u21 player which is good for the team, there is talk of 1 or 2 more players coming too, i think liam has a vary good judge of player, so he wont bring in any1 useless.

Has all the squad bar the ones we know have left signed back on?

It will be interesting to see who has signed back up with us from last year as well as who is signing this year.

I believe some are still in discussion with the club. But, a good few had 2 year contracts.

Anyone in particular you're curious about? I wouldn't mind getting a full list of those in contract (new and old), and those under discussion. But, it's not like the club are going to give that to me. :rolleyes:

I believe some are still in discussion with the club. But, a good few had 2 year contracts.

Anyone in particular you're curious about? I wouldn't mind getting a full list of those in contract (new and old), and those under discussion. But, it's not like the club are going to give that to me. :rolleyes:

you could try..........

williams, maher, paisley and mcfaul, did they sign new contracts?

you could try..........

williams, maher, paisley and mcfaul, did they sign new contracts?

Williams - yes, new contract (confirmed)
    Maher - yes (AFAIK, doing his coaching badges with the club)
    Paisley - believe he was on a 2 year contract
    McFaul - yes, signed new contract (confirmed)

I see the europa group stages on the horizon :D

Well, i can dream cant i ;)

Anyone in particular you're curious about? I wouldn't mind getting a full list of those in contract (new and old), and those under discussion. But, it's not like the club are going to give that to me.:rolleyes:

Bayly, Kirby, Fitzgerald, O Neil, Zayed?

Bayly, Kirby, Fitzgerald, O Neil, Zayed?

O'niel and kirby are on a 2 year contract i think,

• Advertisement

Not exactly sure why you have gone for a rolley eyes at the end of that but you do realise the question was an open one to anybody that might know?

Not exactly sure why you have gone for a rolley eyes at the end of that but you do realise the question was an open one to anybody that might know?

Open questions are always best.

Shall we say that I know more people read here than post (including officials of the club). ;)

Open questions are always best.

Shall we say that I know more people read here than post (including officials of the club). ;)

AAAHHH. I see.;) Nuff said.

does any1 know when the supporters club are renewing membership or opening for new memberships?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

cymro wrote: »
    I see the europa group stages on the horizon :D

Well, i can dream cant i ;)

I'm just delighted looking at the wiki page for next years Europa League :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Europa_League#Second_qualifying_round

does any1 know when the supporters club are renewing membership or opening for new memberships?
    Im sure they are excepting new members all year. If you dont know who to contact then pm me.

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'm just delighted looking at the wiki page for next years Europa League :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Europa_League#Second_qualifying_round

Knowing my luck we will get a Welsh or a Northy team :D
    Will Rovers be at home when we are away or vice versa ? I was just thinking crowd wise ( not in the liverpool, Everton way ) ;).

can fingal meet cork in round 2, or is there a rule that same country teams cant meet till the group stages < if we get that far > < we will:D>

Gareth Whelan has gone to shels. Pretty good defender tbh. Sorry to see him leave.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=37898

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

can fingal meet cork in round 2, or is there a rule that same country teams cant meet till the group stages < if we get that far > < we will:D>

What? Sure we're going all the way to the final! It's in Dublin in 2011 after all ;)

I'm pretty sure teams can't play against each other who are from the same league.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement