Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Liam Buckley wins the soccer writers personality of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

how stupid of me:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

does any1 know when the supporters club are renewing membership or opening for new memberships?

Andy here,

I think it was yourself john that email me the other day. The Supporters Club are always open to new members, Ive finished up with the supporters club, concentrating more on my job, working nights is hard enough with sleep deprovation from people ringing looking for membership, away travel or general enquiry's about the club that are completley internal . . those ones really annoyed me!

'' No i dont know the wage expenditure of the club, check FM10, there usually up to date!! '' :D

Il get whoever is going to be secretary to get themselves set up on boards.

Oh and Mr Crowe up front, great acusition! looking forward to the new season, cant wait to go to drogheda again, great pub just outside the ground which you can go to and from during half time. really need to see the fixture lists so i can start to book days off work.

Europe seems so far away but our first game only felt like yesterday!

I thought you followed Athlone now ;)

heres a bit of reading for yous if yous if you havent already read it.
    http://clubs.a2zsoccer.com/sportingfingal/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/2616/Default.aspx

when will the first fixtures be made?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Does anyone know what way the reserved and un-reseverved seating is being split up yet? Is there a new covered stand being set up for the away fans? And are the lads underneath the broadcasting box getting moved from their usual spot?

Does anyone know what way the reserved and un-reseverved seating is being split up yet? Is there a new covered stand being set up for the away fans? And are the lads underneath the broadcasting box getting moved from their usual spot?

i was talking to a bloke that works in sf headoffice and he told me there is talk about a marque being set up for for the lads under the box but its not for definate yet and the away fans set up is under review also but the seating plan is not finshed yet.

i was talking to a bloke that works in sf headoffice and he told me there is talk about a marque being set up for for the lads under the box but its not for definate yet and the away fans set up is under review also but the seating plan is not finshed yet.

Cheers, don't want the lads to be moved. They have been the noise for the last 2 seasons in all weather conditions. But if they have to be i hope they are at least consulted first. I would like to think that fingal can have the seating area to ourselves this season(and fill it:)) than sharing the last quarter with the away fans.

Cheers, don't want the lads to be moved. They have been the noise for the last 2 seasons in all weather conditions. But if they have to be i hope they are at least consulted first. I would like to think that fingal can have the seating area to ourselves this season(and fill it:)) than sharing the last quarter with the away fans.

if we are moved i hope we get a good view of the game, at the the moment the cornor is a great spot, i wonder would the marque be at pitch level < if so the view will be terrible> or at the back of the goal < which would be worse > i cant see how the marque could be elevated to the same height as the main stand.

personaly i wish they would keep it the same as the last 2 seasons.

It would be better if the singing of sorts :D lads be moved to the other end of the stand where the teams come out. They can cheer the lads on and off the pitch and may look better on the telly if we have the big flags as well.

• Advertisement

cymro wrote: »
    It would be better if the singing of sorts :D lads be moved to the other end of the stand where the teams come out. They can cheer the lads on and off the pitch and may look better on the telly if we have the big flags as well.

yeah your right, hmm, can we ask/tell the person in charge of the supporters club that.

Yeah that would make perfect sense. Would be great if we could get the bigger flags too. There was a band up in swords pavillions the night we paraded the cup, would be great to get them to a few games as well.

:DAs its getting closer you can feel the buzz beggining again.

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Evening all. On the matter of reserved seating. Is there a "Noise Section" as such in Morton? The reason I'm asking is that I'm looking to get a season ticket for next season and I have a 22" "marching band" bass drum. I'm looking into getting vinyls printed for it with the Sporting crest. I've been pricing around but was also wondering is there any printed by the club at all? Is there a particular area where the noise at games is generated? Is there any other drums or the like being used at games? I've only been to the cup final and I can't remember anything of note from games i've seen on tv. Any info would be a great help.
    Many thanks,
    John

heres another insturment apperently that we will have this season, if so, it will be great

That would be class. Do you know if he has contacted the club or vice versa. Would be a pity to loose an opportunity of bringing that to our club.

That would be class. Do you know if he has contacted the club or vice versa. Would be a pity to loose an opportunity of bringing that to our club.

i pm`d him and asked that afew mins ago, if i get a reply il let you know, yeah it would be great alright

tks, It is a criticism i accept that our ground is one of the quietest(as we are only 2 seasons in existence) but i think what CYMRO posted about moving our singing crowd to the middle of the stand where the players come out is spot on, that with the chance of adding up to a 22 piece band could pull us all out of our seats to add to the volume...imo.

as it satnds we have 1 drum, myabe 2, i just cant wait for the fixtures to be made, cant wait for the season to kick off

There was 2 big flags on the castle wall at the civic reception. As far as i know they have been given to the supporters club but the poles that came with them where just flimsy one so new ones were sought by the supporters club.
    I asked at the pavillons about getting the samba band to play at the matches and was told that was the plan so lets wait and see.

One thing on the big drum is it can be too loud for some people sitting near it. We had one at Dublin City and people used to complain or move away from it. Its a good one if its far enough from those who might give out about it.

I hope that the powers that be play Thin Lizzy's " Boys are back in town " when the lads come out for the first home game.

I hope you are all saving up for the away leg of the europa cup game which may be some time in July. It would be good if we can get a decent size away support this year in league and cup games home and abroad no matter how near or far it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

yeah your right, hmm, can we ask/tell the person in charge of the supporters club that.

I'll pass that suggestion onto the event controller.

There was 2 big flags on the castle wall at the civic reception. As far as i know they have been given to the supporters club but the poles that came with them where just flimsy one so new ones were sought by the supporters club.
    I asked at the pavillons about getting the samba band to play at the matches and was told that was the plan so lets wait and see.

One thing on the big drum is it can be too loud for some people sitting near it. We had one at Dublin City and people used to complain or move away from it. Its a good one if its far enough from those who might give out about it.

I hope that the powers that be play Thin Lizzy's " Boys are back in town " when the lads come out for the first home game.

I hope you are all saving up for the away leg of the europa cup game which may be some time in July. It would be good if we can get a decent size away support this year in league and cup games home and abroad no matter how near or far it may be.

the boys are back in town... thats a f***ing great idea, i wonder could we get that orginised somehow?.. and yep il be at the away game in europe< hope its not wales or england:D>

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong in Wales :) England would be great cos it would mean we would have got through a few rounds. Anywhere bar the North, cos i want to at least get off the island.

Lamper suggest earlier to play " I feel good " by James Brown when we score .

How about some of the cheerleaders and fireworks seeing that we are cup champions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

Nothing wrong in Wales :) England would be great cos it would mean we would have got through a few rounds. Anywhere bar the North, cos i want to at least get off the island.

This link shows where we are
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Europa_League#Second_qualifying_round

and this link shows a certain bohs fan looking for information whether or now they will be seeded (they probably will be)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Champions_League

Being seeded will be very important, the problem is that there are 80 teams in this round 40 of which are seeded. Last time around St. Pats and Derry were seeded but because Sporting fingal havent been in European competetion their club coeffecient will be relatively low. At present we shud be seeded but that could change depending on the club co effecient of those that qualify (for example BATE is from belarus with a league co effecient lower than ours but they have a club co effecient alot higher than any irish team).
    If we are seeded we will have a good chance of going to the next round but it means we could be playing in countries like azerbaijan or kazakakstan or wales and n.ire. Im rounding up the brothers and any other family/freinds who i can influence for any trip accessible. Bosnia is lovely this time of year. lol All this means that it is too early too get excited we have a whole 5 months before the draw.

in that 5months we will be top of the premier division:D which begs the question, will liam put out is full squad for europe? i supose he would have to, to give his 1st team europe footballl for tanks for winning the cup and for promotion < aswell as the fans:p>
    what would you lads do, but your full team out for all the europen games we get and settle for mid - bottom half of the table but not in relegation then go for the premier title next season or just concentrate on the premier division this season.
    anyway if we get through the qualification rounds our league season will be nearly over.

................alot to think about, :) and dream:D

Lamper suggest earlier to play " I feel good " by James Brown when we score .

How about some of the cheerleaders and fireworks seeing that we are cup champions :)

get lamper to bring the trumpet :D

il sneak afew screamers in and let them off:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

in that 5months we will be top of the premier division:D which begs the question, will liam put out is full squad for europe? i supose he would have to, to give his 1st team europe footballl for tanks for winning the cup and for promotion < aswell as the fans:p>
    what would you lads do, but your full team out for all the europen games we get and settle for mid - bottom half of the table but not in relegation then go for the premier title next season or just concentrate on the premier division this season.
    anyway if we get through the qualification rounds our league season will be nearly over.

................alot to think about, :) and dream:D

Definitely play the best team. Let's face it, more than likely it will be four games maximum that we actually play in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

get lamper to bring the trumpet :D

il sneak afew screamers in and let them off:p

Will ya now...

The further we get in the compos means more prize money so that should be the aim. We could have the league wrapped up by july :D.
    In europe we are also playing for the co efficent points so the further we get the better it will be for the next year and so on for whoever qualifys from the league and cup with the same applying to the other LOI teams that have qualified.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Definitely play the best team. Let's face it, more than likely it will be four games maximum that we actually play in Europe.

now now now............ we will do better then pats;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

A bit of advice, send all of the Season Ticket, Samba Band, Seating Plan queries etc to the info(AT)sportingfingal.ie email address.

There are developments in terms of new supporters club branches being established in Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush/Lusk, Howth, D15 etc to add to the strong Swords Supporters Club branch. There are people/organisers already in place in some of those areas.

There are talks ongoing regarding the seating plans (reserved/unreserved etc) and the Supporters Clubs will be the first to know what the plans will be so I suggest making contact with your local branch. Find out who the contact is through the head office.

The Europa League games will have a strong focus on involving the Supporters Clubs and they will benefit from travel arrangements organised through the club so there will be an added advantage to getting the info directly.

It might be an idea to subscribe to the club's text/email alerts through the website. Just don't leave your queries here, get it touch to make sure your ideas are considered.

Finally, if you want a visit from a couple of players and the FAI Cup to your supporters club, email the club and see if they'll include your "local" in the schedule. No promises but worth an email anyway.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement