Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

il be at all 3 hopefully:D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Anybody know of any update on when they might get going on the stadium and sports facility in lusk. Seems things have gone very quiet on this.

Last I recall we were waiting on funds from Government but ask info (at) sportingfingal.ie and I'm sure they'll tell you. Planning process complete as far as I know.
    Wont be able to make the Portmarnock one or the Derry but will be in swords for that one.

Give me a lend of your camera and I'll look after the PAFC match for you! Not so sure about Derry, long drive of a Tuesday in the middle of Development Plan.

Last I recall we were waiting on funds from Government but ask info (at) sportingfingal.ie and I'm sure they'll tell you. Planning process complete as far as I know.

what do you mean funds from the government

what do you mean funds from the government

The council are building the sports academy in Lusk, not the club and the council can't fund it on its own.

dont think the government will give fingal money scince they dident help dundalk or cork.

• Advertisement

dont think the government will give fingal money scince they dident help dundalk or cork.

They are not giving SFFC money John.

They are giving the council money to build a sporting campus open to many different types of sports that SFFC happen to planning on using. A lusk soccer club will also use it, junior GAA, Rugby etc.

This is a community project, not a soccer project.

"Support for the proposed Complex came from a range of sporting clubs and bodies. Aside from soccer, supportive letters have been received from bodies representing G.A.A., Rugby, Cricket and Boxing interests. Positive submissions supporting the proposal were also received from groups representing Active Retirement bodies, educational interests, providers of youth services, the Regional Drugs Task Force, the Special Olympics movement and Prosper Fungal, who all foresaw the Complex being of benefit to their membership and constituencies."

The details are all here and have been public information for years.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/minutes/meeting_doc.aspx?id=35005

phrase post better Alan.

''we < as in sporting fingal > were waiting on funds from the government''.
    i know you ment "we" as in the council, but will fans from cork/drogs etc know

but i know what you mean about the complex for everyone to use. i am a sporting fingal fan and know what there plains are for the future

phrase post better Alan.

''we < as in sporting fingal > were waiting on funds from the government''.

but i know what you mean about the complex for everyone to use. i am a sporting fingal fan and know what there plains are for the future ok thanks for the links thats in the paper everyday.

No John, that's not what I meant.

"We" as in Fingal County Council. I am a councillor and as such am 1/24th of the council. (there are 24 Councillors).

Sorry John, I could have been clearer there now that I look back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

No John, that's not what I meant.

"We" as in Fingal County Council. I am a councillor and as such am 1/24th of the council. (there are 24 Councillors).

Sorry John, I could have been clearer there now that I look back.

In fairness it is not a decision of the councillors.

My understanding is that the funding is set aside from certain development levies but there is a blanket ban on councils using the levies because a lot of them will use the money as part funding for projects. This means getting into debt for the rest of the money.

Because the council is a branch of the government, the council debt goes into the National Debt. In the current economic climate, the government sees this as unacceptable. However, the levies must be used within a certain amount of time or they must be repaid to the developer - with interest.

Fingal Co Co are not in the same situation financially as other councils around the country and they do not need to access bank loans to fund the Lusk project. The killer is the ban on the use of the levies. That can't be accessed whether you are using a loan or not, because it is a blanket ban. We are keeping the pressure up on the matter so perhaps we might see something happen soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Another signing.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=37953

Bayly having a weeks trial with Blackpool according to the star.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

That's a pity, really liked the lad. I know he was a bit mad at times but his heart was always in the right place, remember the nut crunch in the Sham's game:eek:, the goal against bray in the cup:), and lest we forget the cracker of a cross for Mr O'Niel's piece of glory:D.

looks like Lorcan Fitzgerald may have signed back on with us considering he was with the FAI cup in Rush National School recently. Doubt he would be promoting the club if he hadnt signed back on. Hope this is the case anyway:)

http://clubs.a2zsoccer.com/sportingfingal/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/2658/Default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've to go photograph some of the new players at a training session next week, so I'll be able to see who's there training and who's not.

Shame about Bayly. A strong player, full of heart. Plenty of mad tackles from him though ... but some good goals too.

will we be playing cork city this season does anyone know, did they get new owners< local business men wanted to buy the club and pay off the debt i heard >, i know today is the last day to get a loi licence but you have to be out of debt and at 1pm today they where still in debt.

cork city have a boards page but i dont have permission to post on it for some reason,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055692271

cork city have a boards page but i dont have permission to post on it for some reason,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055692271

If you want to post in the soccer section you need to apply to that section. They will process your application and then allow you to post.

Not sure where this is as its a while since iv done it. Im sure if you look around you will find out how to do it or someone in here will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

If we get a premier licence then we wont be playing Cork unless we get them in the cup. Then again Cork might not be playing anyone :D

I was out at some pre-season training this morning. There seems to be a great team spirit there already. It was good to see.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you want to post in the soccer section you need to apply to that section. They will process your application and then allow you to post.

Not sure where this is as its a while since iv done it. Im sure if you look around you will find out how to do it or someone in here will let you know.
    Soccer Access Requests

Make sure you read all the instructions!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Rumour has it that it will be Bohemians vs Sporting Fingal at Dalymount on the opening day of the season.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Rumour has it that it will be Bohemians vs Sporting Fingal at Dalymount on the opening day of the season.

Yeah, that's what I heard today. Should be a big opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭reservoirdubdub

we still don't know which teams are in which divisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Paulw wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what I heard today. Should be a big opener.
    dsmythy wrote: »

All BS gents, if that happens to be the first fixture it definitely is just coincidence.

I would agree with Gavin on that one.

All BS gents, if that happens to be the first fixture it definitely is just coincidence.

It was said to me today by two of the Sporting Fingal players at training.

It'll be interesting to see when the actual fixtures are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Paulw wrote: »
    It was said to me today by two of the Sporting Fingal players at training.

It'll be interesting to see when the actual fixtures are announced.

Say they've just been reading it on the internet.

Licenses are out on the 16th Feb, gonna guess fixtures be out about the 19th Feb.

Or later if same as last year happens.
    It could be a case of people saying who they would like as the first match and its turned to a rumour that it will be so. We will find out soon enough after the licences are handed out.

Say they've just been reading it on the internet.

Licenses are out on the 16th Feb, gonna guess fixtures be out about the 19th Feb.

According to the Sunday Star thats the fixture to kick off the season. They also mentioned it will be live on RTE. Take from that what you will. Read it today anyway.

Very good two page article on Fingal with a good interview with Buckley aswell. Worth a look if anybody can get their hands on it.

I would agree with Gavin on that one.

Your not meant to agree with him on anything. He is the enemy:D;)

• Advertisement

Early days yet im only new :D

Keith Quinn, another new signing. Younger of the 3 quinn brothers who played for Sheffield utd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement