Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Only cos they get in for a fiver. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Gavin "shels". Man whats wrong, you are always on this thread. Is it getting to you. Is all this shels failure getting you down. Come on. Its ok. Im listening.

By the way there was more sporting fans than Shels.:p But still a good support from your boys.

Didn't we just knock you lads out of the cup yesterday? Oh and there definitely wasn't as many Fingal fans than Shels, by a long way. Plus the fact that the Fingal crowd was full of Bohs fans waiting for a fight after the game. Gavin is totally right in his statement about how many people will follow the side down to Monaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Have to admit the picture shows that there didnt seem to be as many as i thought. Would like to see a picture of the other side.

There where more sporting fans there on monday than on friday.
    There where about 400 on friday. F*ck all Limerick.

This is all just guess work any way. So we will leave it at that.

Final point Gavin. If you are a supporter of the league like you say. Then the sporting idea must appeal to you. Or is it really just about shels

DSB wrote: »
    Didn't we just knock you lads out of the cup yesterday? Oh and there definitely wasn't as many Fingal fans than Shels, by a long way. Plus the fact that the Fingal crowd was full of Bohs fans waiting for a fight after the game. Gavin is totally right in his statement about how many people will follow the side down to Monaghan.

1895 to 2008 v 2 friendlies, 3 league and 1 cup

Our last away had about 40.

Lets do the maths. 113 years. To get 160 more fans than us at away games.:rolleyes:

Im impressed boys. Thats it you win. Maybe some day we can be as big as you guys. ;)

I thought the crowd was about even and i was suprised at the official attendance. As for bohs fans waiting for a fight after the game, i didnt think they were considering they were walking along the pavement and the shels kids chased them. To be fair, the young fellas singing at our games are doing no harm and doing nothing more than having a bit of fun. It is a sad time when fans of a club that has been around for over a hundred years bragging that they had more fans at a game than a club that is newly formed. For a team with the history like shels has their support is crap.

• Advertisement

cymro wrote: »
    I thought the crowd was about even and i was suprised at the official attendance. As for bohs fans waiting for a fight after the game, i didnt think they were considering they were walking along the pavement and the shels kids chased them. To be fair, the young fellas singing at our games are doing no harm and doing nothing more than having a bit of fun. It is a sad time when fans of a club that has been around for over a hundred years bragging that they had more fans at a game than a club that is newly formed. For a team with the history like shels has their support is crap.

There are definitely Shels schooligans at games just to cause trouble and they're idiots. But the Bohs 1s have a habit of coming to our games even when Bohs are playing at the same time, just to start fights. And not to be offensive, but are you new to the league? If so, I wouldn't judge our support on a league cup game against a team we barely even consider worthy of a place in the league. That isn't to say we always have packed houses or anything like that, but the supporters who travel to away games every week are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There where about 400 on friday. F*ck all Limerick.

Final point Gavin. If you are a supporter of the league like you say. Then the sporting idea must appeal to you. Or is it really just about shels

Limerick had about 70-80 fans against you's I've been told.

The reason I'm bitter for Fingal is the following points:
    1) The last thing the league needed was another Dublin side
    2) According to our manager and chairman, SF were to replace Shels at the start of last season, but we got over the odds and managed to get a 1st Divison license.

And cymro are support has always been quite small in size with regards to hardcore support, but we've stuck together throughout the years. Unlike Rovers we have kept the majority of our support even since being relegated and sure our away attendences are just as good.

There are definitely Shels schooligans at games just to cause trouble and they're idiots. But the Bohs 1s have a habit of coming to our games even when Bohs are playing at the same time, just to start fights. And not to be offensive, but are you new to the league? If so, I wouldn't judge our support on a league cup game against a team we barely even consider worthy of a place in the league. That isn't to say we always have packed houses or anything like that, but the supporters who travel to away games every week are excellent.

no. im not new to the league. Even when shels were flying high their league attendances were crap considering the success they were getting and only in the high profile euro ties did they get a decent crowd.
    As for fingal v limerick there were no more than 30 of them, but fair play and respect to them who made the journey up and that goes to any fans who turn out for their team at away matches especially when their is a far distance to travel. As a fan of Sporting Fingal i am in no place to make fun of the amount of fans an away team brings to Morton because we are still gathering up our fan base and we are here to stay so get over it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

no. im not new to the league. Even when shels were flying high their league attendances were crap considering the success they were getting and only in the high profile euro ties did they get a decent crowd.
    As for fingal v limerick there were no more than 30 of them, but fair play and respect to them who made the journey up and that goes to any fans who turn out for their team at away matches especially when their is a far distance to travel. As a fan of Sporting Fingal i am in no place to make fun of the amount of fans an away team brings to Morton because we are still gathering up our fan base and we are here to stay so get over it :D

Hmmmm come back to me in 5 years and we'll see. I'm sure Dublin City thought the same.

Limerick had about 70-80 fans against you's I've been told.

The reason I'm bitter for Fingal is the following points:
    1) The last thing the league needed was another Dublin side
    2) According to our manager and chairman, SF were to replace Shels at the start of last season, but we got over the odds and managed to get a 1st Division licence

:eek:Here we go again. Can this be the last time we have this conversation.
    Its not SF 's fault you are where you are. Its Shels. No one else. End of.

Since I have been on this site all I hear is Shels fans moaning. Hav not heard as much b*tching from any other clubs. Get over it please, for our sanity please

• Advertisement

I wouldn't judge our support on a league cup game against a team we barely even consider worthy of a place in the league.

No, you should judge it on the fact that its crap for a team that has been around for as long as you are.:p

No, you should judge it on the fact that its crap for a team that has been around for as long as you are.:p

Don't worry. Your club will never be in the position Shels has been so we won't have to make a comparison between the two:D

What financial difficulties?:D

What financial difficulties?:D

Hahahaha. I've no comeback. Until yous inevitably crash and burn.

You where out sang for most of the match. The future versus the past. Where are you in the league again, I seem to forget

I think I forgot to reply to this one before. But yeah we're ahead of you lads, why do you ask?

I think I forgot to reply to this one before. But yeah we're ahead of you lads, why do you ask?

:cool::D

Did you head down to the Waterford game? If so, was it a good performance?

No didnt get to see it. According to extratime it was a deserved win by waterford, but we did seem to create a few chances also.

At least it was a little better than our last away trip:(

Talking to my mate in Waterford last there was about 20 Fingal fans at it, and they had a few banners.:eek:

Hopefully we can just about drag 20 down to Wexford next week. Might be a struggle though.:D

• Advertisement

Hopefully we can just about drag 20 down to Wexford next week. Might be a struggle though.:D

What the game. yeah. Id say you will struggle. You dont want too many fans crying and blowing their noses into the shels flags when you get your ass kicked.:D

Well considering we got over 150 fans to Monaghan, I doubt we will get only 20 to Wexford. And I'll doubt we'll loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭johnmahon010186

Shels and Sporting are both pathetic first division clubs! Support a real club like Shamrock Rovers! We brought 500 to Galway, there's no other Dublin club that would come even close to that!:p

Shels and Sporting are both pathetic first division clubs! Support a real club like Shamrock Rovers! We brought 500 to Galway, there's no other Dublin club that would come even close to that!:p

Thomas Davis maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Talking to my mate in Waterford last there was about 20 Fingal fans at it, and they had a few banners.:eek:

And how many of that 20 were family and friends of the players :confused:

Thomas Davis maybe.
    I don't understand your reply, why would Thomas Davis play against Galway united?

Do you know the difference between Football and Gaelic Football?
    Do you know what sport Galway United play?
    Do you know what sport Thomas Davis play?

I don't understand your reply, why would Thomas Davis play against Galway united?

Do you know the difference between Football and Gaelic Football?
    Do you know what sport Galway United play?
    Do you know what sport Thomas Davis play?

Nope sorry, I'm clueless.

WUM.

Ofcourse sure when you were in the 1st Divison you had amazing attendences, didn't you?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

There was 7 there and one big Sporting Fingal flag.

• Advertisement

WUM.

Ofcourse sure when you were in the 1st Divison you had amazing attendences, didn't you?:rolleyes:

Yes, for first division standard. Shamrock Rovers rejuvenated the first division that year and it showed with the amount of media exposure the first division got that year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement