Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Keith Quinn, another new signing.

He looked handy enough in training yesterday.

I'm looking forward to the first pre-season game next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Early days yet im only new :D

Keith Quinn, another new signing. Younger of the 3 quinn brothers who played for Sheffield utd.

Ah right :pac:

I think the Quinn guy was with shels on trial for a bit or they where having a look at him, something like that anyway. Hopefully another good addition to what is already a good midfield.

Paulw wrote: »
    He looked handy enough in training yesterday.

I'm looking forward to the first pre-season game next weekend.

Going to miss this one. Not happy at all about that.
    Really want to see some of the new guys in action especially Finn. Looking forward to seeing if he really is as good as some of the UCD lads are saying.

A little article to read

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2844/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Squad as listed by the website:

Darren Quigley
    Brendan Clarke
    Brian Gannon
    Ger O’Brien
    Kenny Browne
    Stephen Paisley
    John Frost
    Lorcan Fitzgerald
    Shane Mc Faul
    Shaun Williams
    Shaun Maher
    Kevin Dawson
    Ronan Finn
    Colm James
    Keith Quinn
    Conan Byrne
    Shane Barrett
    Alan Kirby
    Eamon Zayed
    Glen Crowe
    Gary O'Neill

dsmythy wrote: »
    Squad as listed by the website:

Darren Quigley
    Brendan Clarke
    Brian Gannon
    Ger O’Brien
    Kenny Browne
    Stephen Paisley
    John Frost
    Lorcan Fitzgerald
    Shane Mc Faul
    Shaun Williams
    Shaun Maher
    Kevin Dawson
    Ronan Finn
    Colm James
    Keith Quinn
    Conan Byrne
    Shane Barrett
    Alan Kirby
    Eamon Zayed
    Glen Crowe
    Gary O'Neill

Now thats not bad:D

How are we going to fit all those attacking options in (not complaining tbh)

If its like last year it will be a 4-3-3 formation. Im guessing O Neil, Crowe and Conan but could easily go with a few other options and it would still be very strong.:D

Who will be in midfield. Again we have plenty of options here also. Kirby can play up front in the 3 atackers or also in the midfield 3. Then we have Williams, Mc Faul and Finn to fit in. The newest guy Quinn will have a battle on his hands getting in and Colm James can play there as well.:D

The defense will probably be Paisley and Maher with Lorcan and Ger as the fullbacks. Having Frost, Gannon and O Brien as cover. Mc Faul can do a job back there if needed also.:D

Two quality keepers to battle it out for the number one jersey:D

Im happy. Can you tell:D

How do yous think we will line up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

in goal:
    Darren Quigley

defence:
    Stephen Paisley <cb>
    John Frost<rb>
    Lorcan Fitzgerald <lb>
    Brian Gannon<cb>
    soild

middfield:
    Conan Byrne<rw>
    < i know he is a striker normally but he
    loves making runs down the wing and into the box>
    Shaun Williams/maher.mcfaul <cm> <take ur pick>
    Ronan Finn/ Shaun Maher /Shane Mc Faul <lw> <take ur pick>
    again, soild, so many combos

strikers:
    Gary O'Neill<lf>
    Alan Kirby <rf>
    Eamon Zayed <cf>
    all have scored plenty of goals to gets us the cup and promtion.

than look who could be on the bench to bring on :D

subs:
    Glen Crowe < well get afew goals:D>
    Brendan Clarke < not a bad replacemet:D>
    Ger O’Brien
    Kenny Browne
    Colm James
    Kevin Dawson
    Ronan Finn
    Keith Quinn
    Shane Barrett

thas just 1 in my head, i could make up so many more,

hate/love to be liam :D

role on the fixtures list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

What have you done with Barrett? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ah right :pac:

I think the Quinn guy was with shels on trial for a bit or they where having a look at him, something like that anyway. Hopefully another good addition to what is already a good midfield.

Played for against Drogs afaik, didn't look bad. Not sure if he played against the PFAI selection, didn't make it up to the AUL.

Very good two page article on Fingal with a good interview with Buckley aswell. Worth a look if anybody can get their hands on it.

No Sunday Tribune article I take it!?:D

Bobby Ryan from pats could be or has signed as well.

One thing for sure is that we will be able to take a few injuries and still be strong enough.

• Advertisement

Of those players listed above, 3 were not at training on Sunday. But, I believe they will all be fit and well for the start of the season.

A few training picts -

4325920992_e2685114a9.jpg

4325185967_75770e5765.jpg

4325921362_c82531491c.jpg

4325186245_894cc70ef0.jpg

4325923258_568de74c4b.jpg

4325922708_58a495c30f.jpg

I believe the Fingal Independent are doing an article about pre-season, but since they weren't prepared to pay for my images, they won't have any for the article. :cool:

Got my season ticket today. Happy days :D

Got my season ticket today. Happy days :D

did they ring you or did you ring them?

waiting for mine in agony :p

did they ring you or did you ring them?

waiting for mine in agony :p

just went up and got them. I think it was just good timing tbh. Really good feeling to have the season ticket card in my wallet. Hope we sell a good few season tickets because i think it will be money well spent.

id say id get a call or it will get posted to me next week sometime.

any1 going to the match tomorrow?

I plan to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Hope to be there, really starting to get the buzz for the season coming. Squad looks very impressive, we will be competitive, it remains to be seen how competitive but i am quietly confident of where we will finish.
    Good to see we have kept the core of last season's players while adding what looks to be a good balance of experience with serious promise, comptetition for places across the middle and in attack can only be good for us.
    Wonder will we do the same formation as last season 4-3-3, hope so it worked so well for us once the players go used to it.
    Anyway here's to the friendly tomorrow, come on The Fingal. :)

I'll be there.

Interesting game today. I think there were a lot of changes to the game and during the game. Some good spells of control and passing. A few chances from both ends. I think the game deserved a goal or two.

No new serious injuries for Sporting Fingal.

I think Dawson looked good and Clarke commanded in goal. Fitzgerald played well and saw plenty of action. O'Neill as sharp as ever up front. Crowe looked good too.

Nice to see so many of the new players involved today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Paulw wrote: »
    Interesting game today. I think there were a lot of changes to the game and during the game. Some good spells of control and passing. A few chances from both ends. I think the game deserved a goal or two.

No new serious injuries for Sporting Fingal.

I think Dawson looked good and Clarke commanded in goal. Fitzgerald played well and saw plenty of action. O'Neill as sharp as ever up front. Crowe looked good too.

Nice to see so many of the new players involved today.

I think I saw you at the game Paul. I was around the halfway line with a few of my buddies.

Thought Zayed showed some nice touches today, Fitzgerald was my man of the match..was like a little terrier from start to finish. Crowe in my opinion, had a howler! Looked off the pace, but in saying that its his 1st game with his new team so we shall see as the season continues how he does. :)

for me lorcon was man of the match with out a doubt, he should have scored but it wasent to be, he always wanted the ball and sprinted down the right wing and made great croses.
    hard to jude crowe, dident see alot of the ball, but when he did have it i thaught he looked solid, still dont tink he will make 1st team but he will defo be a man to bring on in the 2nd half and he will score goals..
    quigley and clarke will have a great scrap on the training ground to wear the no.1 shirt. clarke hadent got a awfull lot to do but he was solid and very confident with the ball, whilst quigley has a tendancy to panic a times.

I doubt Quigley will play any pre-season games. There are a few players just coming back from injury - Frost, Williams, Quigley, Conan Byrne.

Crowe will do what he has been brought in to do. I think he'll be an impact sub. He still has the touch and ability to hold up the ball. He doesn't have the speed of O'Neill nor Zayed, but he's solid.

Yeah, Fitzgerald had a great game, even though he isn't fully back to fitness yet.

I think it's a matter now of Buckley finding the right combinations in the team, to gel it all together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Enjoyed the game on sat, missed the first five minutes or so, late getting out of work. Have to agree with the comments on lorcan thought he was class for the full 90mins thought he had the goal but it was not to be.
    Keeper was good didn't get too much trouble but when he did he dealt with it well, good communication between him and the centre backs.
    Thought Finn was class unfortunately went off prematurely due to a knee in the back, no mallice from the Monaghan player just a clash imo, Kirby looked great but did tire towards the end(to be expected) O'niell was like a terrier throughout the match the lad never gives up.
    Ger o'brien was quality on the right.
    Dissapointed in crowe but it's only a friendly and i would say he does look menacing so like has already been posted i would say he will be an impact player.
    Barretts strike from what seemed to be about 25yards out was a cracker that their keeper tipped over the bar. NICE
    So looking forward to saturday get another look in:)

He's an ex Lazio keeper as well :)

When are the full fixtures being announced does anyone know, also when will the euro draw be done?

When are the full fixtures being announced does anyone know, also when will the euro draw be done?

Euro draw will not be until June/July i think so a while to wait yet for that one. The fixture list should be together in the next couple of weeks i should think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Was talking to Liam Buckley before the game and he said Bohs away was our 1st game of the season....we shall see.

We have a chance to pick up our first bit of silverware of year on saturday ;)

• Advertisement

got my season ticket today:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement