Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

You can't be serious!?:rolleyes:

Maybe they had the opening fixtures sorted for teams who were guaranteed Premier Division status.

Very much serious Gavin.

Sporting Fingal is the future .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Give the Sporting Fingal crowd a break. Do a lot of good work within the community. Every team takes a while getting off the while in terms of building up a support base

I'm aware of that, sure remember Dublin Citys hardcore support base.:D
    but it doesent take long to get promoted and win the fai cup:D

il miss going to talka park to watch fingal beat shels:p

ah well, il have to settle for pats, rovers and bohs :rolleyes:

With one of the highest budgets in the League (especially when you throw in the incentives), it's handy enough to get promoted when your wage bill alone is twice the next competitor, winning the FAI Cup was a great achievement anyway.

BTW where the f*ck is "talka park"????
    Very much serious Gavin.

Sporting Fingal is the future .

Better change your avatar over non fool.ie so you can get the abuse which entails that.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

its handy enough when you play a weak team in the play offs to get promoted.

and wadges has nothing to do with it, its the skill of the team and how well they gel together on the pitch, thas why fingal are a great team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

but it doesent take long to get promoted and win the fai cup:D

il miss going to talka park to watch fingal beat shels:p

ah well, il have to settle for pats, rovers and bohs :rolleyes:

Who :confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

''Real football fans have the urge and need for live football and atmosphere.''

...reads Gavin 'shels' signature.

Yet when a new team comes along they are made fun of. 'Real'? What does that mean?. Everyone is entitled to follow whatever football team they choose.

Just because Shels were established in 1895 as opposed to Fingals 2007 doesnt automatically give you an elitist soap box to stand on and lecture others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Looking forward to the Bohs game and our first home game against Sligo, are any of you boys goin to the Bohs?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Warning: If this descends into another "my-club-is-better-than-your-club-&-your-club-is-shíte-anyway" schoolyard-type bickering-fest I will ban the posters & lock this thread permanently.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

It does Rockee when they have nothing else to shout about, on a soap box that is decaying with rot on a very uneven pitch ;).
    Looking forward to the Bohs game and our first home game against Sligo, are any of you boys goin to the Bohs?

I'll be defo at the Bohs match anyway! Am hoping Clarke starts in nets, very commanding keeper, Lorcan is a given, absolute beast down the wing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Hopefully a good result this Saturday will be a good stepping stone for the following week's game.

The game against Bohs will be tough. The Sligo game may be a bit of a revenge match.

The first game I'll get to see will be the home game against Drogheda.

It should be an interesting season ahead.

Rockee wrote: »
    I'll be defo at the Bohs match anyway! Am hoping Clarke starts in nets, very commanding keeper, Lorcan is a given, absolute beast down the wing!

Yeah hope Clarke in between the sticks. LB Lorcan, CB Maher, CB(is paisley due back), RB, liked Ger oBrien against Monaghan but like Colm James there too. Mid 3 for me would be kirby, williams and Mc Faul, and then up front Conan Zayed and O'niel. that leaves some bench, with Barrett, Crowe, Finn, Quinn, Frost,to name a few.

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    Hopefully a good result this Saturday will be a good stepping stone for the following week's game.

The game against Bohs will be tough. The Sligo game may be a bit of a revenge match.

The first game I'll get to see will be the home game against Drogheda.

It should be an interesting season ahead.

So does this mean we will have to take the pic's on our camera phones and post them up? ;)

So does this mean we will have to take the pic's on our camera phones and post them up? ;)

LOL ... yeah, probably. I'm sure Sportsfile or Inpho will also be covering some of the games, especially the opener.

Until I get back, you may have to wait. Not sure what other photographers will be covering the games (or even applying for access).

I see the Sportsfile are getting today's press day photos with Sporting Fingal - http://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/1002161/
    Yeah hope Clarke in between the sticks. LB Lorcan, CB Maher, CB(is paisley due back), RB, liked Ger oBrien against Monaghan but like Colm James there too. Mid 3 for me would be kirby, williams and Mc Faul, and then up front Conan Zayed and O'niel. that leaves some bench, with Barrett, Crowe, Finn, Quinn, Frost,to name a few.

That's some strong bench.

Frost is still only coming back from injury. Same with Paisley, but he should be fit for the league. I like the look of Finn, but where to squeeze him in is the issue. Quinn also looks very good for the wing.

Conan Byrne on one wing and Quinn on the other, with O'Neill or Zayed up front.

I don't envy Buckley, he'll have a hard enough time picking a starting 11.

Suppose we have a lot of football to play with the cups and Europa, so should be able to give the all the lads a fair run out. But yeah going to be a juggling match to keep all the boys happy. But if management was easy we would all be at it.
    Any thing out of the ordinary planned for our first home match in the Premier league? a band... cheer leaders... decent food:eek:

Any thing out of the ordinary planned for our first home match in the Premier league? a band... cheer leaders... decent food:eek:

I'm not aware of any special plans yet.

As for food - I always thought the food was great. Lovely burgers, ice-cream and crepes? What more do you want????? :eek:

I think we could honestly put out two different teams and both would be capable of competing in the league.
    A lot of games will be played this year so we will probably need every single player in that squad.
    Plenty of options in every position.
    If I was a little worried about any area of the pitch it would be at centre back. Not because the lads are not up to it but because we only have 3 recognised centre backs.
    Due to injuries last year we where very short in cover for that position and had to play Frost at centre back at times and that was when we had 4 centre backs. If we have similar injuries again we could be in trouble in that area.

Sporting Fingal Chat.

Some of you have already joined this.
    It never quite got off the ground but the guy who is running it is re-doing the site and has bought a Domain name.

He is inviting peoples opinion on how the site should look and run. He is also looking for a mod if anybody is interested.
    Check the site out and give your opinion. If you have not joined the chat site already join up and give your two cents worth and when the new site starts up, join up:). Lets try and get this site up and running if possible.

Heres the link http://sportingfingal.freeforums.org/new-forum-t89.html

I'm not aware of any special plans yet.

As for food - I always thought the food was great. Lovely burgers, ice-cream and crepes? What more do you want????? :eek:

okay, parade the cup perhaps...;)?

they done that enough already, i think liam's stance will be what happened last year with winning the fai cup is done and dusted, time to move on to winning the premier title.

and the europa leauge:D

Yeah i would think so just cracking one out cause it's sligo for the first home game.

dident cop onto that :p

yeah, parade the cup around :D

• Advertisement

The Sporting Fingal confirmed squad for the 2010 season is:

Darren Quigley
    Brendan Clarke
    Brian Gannon
    Ger O’Brien
    Kenny Browne
    Stephen Paisley
    John Frost
    Lorcan Fitzgerald
    Shane McFaul
    Shaun Williams
    Shaun Maher
    Kevin Dawson
    Ronan Finn
    Colm James
    Keith Quinn
    Conan Byrne
    Shane Barrett
    Alan Kirby
    Eamon Zayed
    Glen Crowe
    Gary O'Neill.

Thats a winning team if ever i saw 1. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 the_rovers_one

Sporting Fingal Chat.

Some of you have already joined this.
    It never quite got off the ground but the guy who is running it is re-doing the site and has bought a Domain name.

He is inviting peoples opinion on how the site should look and run. He is also looking for a mod if anybody is interested.
    Check the site out and give your opinion. If you have not joined the chat site already join up and give your two cents worth and when the new site starts up, join up:). Lets try and get this site up and running if possible.

Heres the link http://sportingfingal.freeforums.org/new-forum-t89.html

Lads the admin of the above site. As seen in the thread above we are moving and looking to making the site big. Please help us out in choosing what you would like to see on the forum.

Cheers

Mick

From today's press release --

"Defender John Frost will be missing with a calf strain while new signing Ronan Finn is doubtful with a back injury which forced him to miss Tuesday’s friendly at Derry City which finished 1-1."

And for the game tomorrow -

"Admission for the game costs €5 while Under-16s will be admitted free of charge."

Hopefully there will be a good crowd tomorrow.

Will be there was just wondering does anyone know exactly where this place is, i think its on the right hand side opposite the centra shop. but i am not too sure.
    Are any of you lads planning to go?

Will be there was just wondering does anyone know exactly where this place is, i think its on the right hand side opposite the centra shop. but i am not too sure.
    Are any of you lads planning to go?

No, it's the right AFTER Centra. The one at Centra is the other sports complex.

I plan being there.

From today's press release --

"Defender John Frost will be missing with a calf strain while new signing Ronan Finn is doubtful with a back injury which forced him to miss Tuesday’s friendly at Derry City which finished 1-1."

And for the game tomorrow -

"Admission for the game costs €5 while Under-16s will be admitted free of charge."

Hopefully there will be a good crowd tomorrow.

is there a site where you can read/watch those press releases or do you just have to be there? eg, a photographer like your good self.

is there a site where you can read/watch those press releases or do you just have to be there? eg, a photographer like your good self.

You have to be a member of the press. It's just an email, no site to see the info. Most of the info is then posted on the Sporting Fingal website later in the day.

looks like cork wont be in the premier division this season, they are building a new team and have applied for a 1st division licence. so i take it bray will be back up.
    unless mayb shels play bray in 1 match to see who comes up, but i doubt it.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/221-01.html

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/221-02.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 the_rovers_one

looks like cork wont be in the premier division this season, they are building a new team and have applied for a 1st division licence. so i take it bray will be back up.
    unless mayb shels play bray in 1 match to see who comes up, but i doubt it.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/221-01.html

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/221-02.html

Bray have said they will come back up. Great too if you ask me. Love the trip down that part. Some craic!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement