Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bray have said they will come back up. Great too if you ask me. Love the trip down that part. Some craic!

They said they didn't want to and then the other day release a statement saying they do. Better this whole thing is sorted and Cork City are dissolved and Cork United run by FORAS take their place in the First Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Im just waiting for one of the new continuity cork city supporters to mention anything about Sporting's history :)
    We wont be the new boys any more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

What was the final result today? I had to leave early. 1-1 when I left, with about 30 min left to play.

We won 4-2 on penos after extra time and the ref not knowing what happens after the 90 mins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

We won 4-2 on penos after extra time and the ref not knowing what happens after the 90 mins :)

Hilarious stuff. We asked him what happens now after fulltime and he tells us. "ill tell yous in a sec" He then went off to make a phone call to whoever to find out what happens when its a draw:D. Only in ireland can this stuff happen:rolleyes:

Decent game anyway. We where not the best in the first half hour and fair play to longford they played some good stuff. Second half was mostly Fingal but Longford where dangerous on the break. We deserved the draw at least and thank god we won the game on penos.

All the best to Longford in the first div. On that showing they will be a difficult team to beat. (mainly because half there team are former fingal players:D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Enjoyable game yesterday longford played well the first half but we got into our stride in the 2nd half with the substitutions that came on.
    Quinn and Fitzgerald(great 90 mins from lorcan again) doing a lot down the left side. Have to say Quinn is impressing more and more, definetly has a shout for that position.
    Moving Ger o brien to right back and Colm James up into mid in the second half was the right way to go as allowed James be the nusciance against their midfield freeing up space for Kirby and Quinn to press.
    Crowe looked sharper in this one and he was relentless up front.
    Have to give a shout out to one of the four ex-Sporting Fingal players(yes we now have ex-players to talk about) FI-FI. Cheers for the peno:rolleyes:. In fairness to the lad he had a good turn and shot within 5 minutes of coming on which was threatening but as good as that was he also had a howler that probably should have put Longford 2-1 up with 2 minutes to go.
    As for hynes we were lying when we used to sing for ya:P
    Any hoop nice win, :D
    Bring on the Boh's

Damn, seems like I missed an interesting finish to the game.

A win is a win though. Good to see Quigley make some good saves in the game and penalties.

The first goal by Longford was a bit freaky. Good recovery in the 2nd half though.

I thought Deans was going to bring out a saddle for the 2nd half. The number of times he was up on Crowe's back was comical.

On to the next round of the cup now.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

its official. cork wont be in the premier division this season, they where offered a 1st division contract but the new owners dont want the 1st division so they said they wont take the team over and pay the 600,000 tomorrow at 2.

so cork city f.c. will be wound up tomorrow, an awfull shame if you ask me, a great stadium gone to waste now. bray will be back in the premier division after finishing last last season and looseing 2/3 relegation play/offs.
    and Dundalk will probly get cork's euro place.

the quicker this season starts the quicker we can enjoy LOI football to the full,

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/221-01.html

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/221-02.html

Pop quiz.

What team have been relegated twice and still found themselves in the top flight:)

I feel sorry for the Cork fans. They have been d1cked about by two different owners recently, each one promising a new beginning.
    Hopefully they will have a new team in the first div and it wont be long untill they are back where they should be.

So its the Leinster/sligogalway league now:D

Its bit of a farce to be honest. Cork city fc is to be wound up tomorrow/today and the new set up will be called Cork city fc ( cork city foras coop) ????????
    After all the nonsense that has been going on they will still be Cork city :mad:
    Foras Fc would have been better in my opinion as what i see happening next is they will still be called cork city and still be playing at turners cross with the same kit and players debt free for now.

• Advertisement

LOI should just grant them a premier division licence, the have money to pay off all the debts and buy 1 or 2 more players, its a joke that the FAI/LOI seems to be willing to let cork fc die, all the fans that pay to see cork fc and some off the money goes to the LOI/FAI will be gone, just like that, and the stadium will be a waste too.

Cant wait for bohs friday week:D

LOI should just grant them a premier division licence, the have money to pay off all the debts and buy 1 or 2 more players, its a joke that the FAI/LOI seems to be willing to let cork fc die, all the fans that pay to see cork fc and some off the money goes to the LOI/FAI will be gone, just like that, and the stadium will be a waste too.

Seriously hope you're not serious? The only joke was the FAI/LoI didn't turn their life-suppprt off months ago.

its not corks fans or the players fault what happened. it was that <snip> of a owners fault, plus he refused to sell the club untill the players said they would not train of play while he had anything to do with the club.

and are you telling me your glad to see 100's - 1000's of LOI fans go?

who would the x cork fans follow? the Kerry dynamos;) Galway utd.........Shells:p?

think about it, it would be much better for the LOI for them to be in it

But, they are still in the LOI, just in Division 1.

Cork will bounce back. Give it a year or two.

This will give them a fresh start.

It's only fair on all other clubs.

i heard on the rte1 news today that there wont be a cork team at all this season.

its all hear so though, we shall see in 2 weeks time:D

I posted one myself but can we get back on topic and post any continiuty cork city posts in the soccer section.

Sporting Fingal powerchair soccer team is playing in the Abby Byrne memorial trophy in Corduff sports center D15 on the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭CSF

its not corks fans or the players fault what happened. it was that <snip> of a owners fault, plus he refused to sell the club untill the players said they would not train of play while he had anything to do with the club.

and are you telling me your glad to see 100's - 1000's of LOI fans go?

who would the x cork fans follow? the Kerry dynamos;) Galway utd.........Shells:p?

think about it, it would be much better for the LOI for them to be in it
    Oh lord.

CSF wrote: »
    Oh lord.

what are you on about?

anyway that subject is over:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

With regards to the Bohs game does anybody know if there are plans to organise buses to the away games this season? If not fair enough but if there was i would just like to know. I know there were some from swords the last two seasons but as far as i know they were organised by the River Valley supporters club, might be wrong so if anyone can put me right on this i would appreciate it. Cheers

Paulw wrote: »
    But, they are still in the LOI, just in Division 1.

Cork will bounce back. Give it a year or two.

This will give them a fresh start.

It's only fair on all other clubs.

+1 You seem to be missing the main point JohnNightmare.
    Dallymout

It's Dalymount and Shels, I know you're only new to the LoI but jebus, two of the most historic things and you can't spell them.

i typed back real quick because i was going for a shower so sorry about the spelling GAVIN,

i typed back real quick because i was going for a shower so sorry about the spelling GAVIN,

Dont apologise to him. He is forever messing his spelling up. Just ask DES. hey GAV.;) :D

EDIT.

Point proven I think http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055752580&page=45 Sorry GAV ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

Hi lads,

Long time no chat,

The Supporters Club are just finalising arrangments with Paul Barnes, Sporting Fingal Security officer. Once thats done myself or one of the lads will make a post about how much the return trip to Swords will be and i'l fill you in on the details.

Any queries just drop me a private message and i can give you a contact name and number for the new Supporters Club Secretary.

- Andy

Not long now. Just over a week to go to the start of the season.

Bohs match programme will have a nice article about a Sporting Fingal player. Some nice picts too. :rolleyes:

Team and player photos will be done tomorrow after training, so the new squad picts should be on the Sporting Fingal website Fri. An easy way to put faces to the new names (if you don't already know who's who).

it should be a great attacking match, both teams have fast and skillfull players aswell has "old heads" to hold the ball and steady things up.

heart says Fingal win but my head is stuck between draw and Fingal win, just dont see us looseing the first match of the season cause we are out to make a point that we a strong team and gona challenge the top 4 and who else to prove that to then Bohs?

Think yous will break top 4 (even considering putting money on yous e/w to win the league), but can't see yous beating Bohs, gonna say 3-1 Bohs.

Think yous will break top 4 (even considering putting money on yous e/w to win the league), but can't see yous beating Bohs, gonna say 3-1 Bohs.

yeah im gona put a e/w bet too, well in with a shot.

• Advertisement

yeah im gona put a e/w bet too, well in with a shot.

Muck odds thought tbh. Fingal and Longford e/w double bet.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement