Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

Muck odds thought tbh. Fingal and Longford e/w double bet.;)

ud get great odds for longford id say anyway, and with the double bet even more.

il check the odds and post them up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Waterford v Sporting Fingal in Cahir on saturday 2:30pm kick off.
    Nice trip down the country on a saturday afternoon :)
    Our site says its a 2:30 kick off but the Waterford site says its a 3pm kick off so best be there for half 2 just to be sure ;)

Waterford v Sporting Fingal in Cahir on saturday 2:30pm kick off.
    Nice trip down the country on a saturday afternoon :)
    Our site says its a 2:30 kick off but the Waterford site says its a 3pm kick off so best be there for half 2 just to be sure ;)

wonder will we have a full squad and starting 11 in warm up for bohs? could be very risky if we do.

I think it will be the proposed starting 11 that will start against bohs to finish pre season. Just as long as we win i dont mind who starts.

• Advertisement

I think it will be the proposed starting 11 that will start against bohs to finish pre season. Just as long as we win i dont mind who starts.

once nobody gets injured for nothing so close to the start of the season, this time next week we will be there:D

great to see the photos of the new signings on the website.

thanks Paul :)

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/PhotoGallery/tabid/1262/PhotoId/4804/Default.aspx

We have problems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

We have problems :(

We very seldom have a good game against waterford.

Did we have a stong team out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hang on! Pineapple Stu supports Fingal? :confused:

• Advertisement

We very seldom have a good game against waterford.

Did we have a stong team out?

A mix started with 6 subs in the second half. We still should have won with the team that started plus we had a sending off .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

SantryRed wrote: »
    Hang on! Pineapple Stu supports Fingal? :confused:

Yup and still has his UCD crest on his fool.ie account, he's like one of those Man Utd/Sunderland supporters I think.

Why didnt you post that at the time you thanked the post ?

Why didnt you post that at the time you thanked the post ?

Say it was about 10 mins max afterwards, went to cook a rasher sambo. I had three grilled Dennys rashers and two slices of Brennans bread, along with a pint of diet coke. Anything else you want to know?

Ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

I had three grilled Dennys rashers and two slices of Brennans bread, along with a pint of diet coke. Anything else you want to know?[/QUOTE]

'Was it todays bread today' or was it saturdays bread, which can be a little less fresh, which doesn't matter so much if you toasted it...but then again if you toasted it too much it would be too dry and take away from the fine flavour of the denny's rasher. Also wondering on whether or not it was real butter you used or perhaps you're a no butter person and just go straight for the HP sauce. Personally i am a batch loaf kind of person with the butter and the sauce. Also 'Diet Coke' at that hour come on lad that just can't be good for you.
    Anyway let us know how lunch went;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think somehow thats a different Pineapple Stu. Strange name to duplicate but how and ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Today's the day that Johnny collects his Baaaaasss Drum! Obviously sung to the tune of teddy bears picnic haha. Paid for the drum today lads, collectin at about 5ish. Not 100% on the stickers though. It completely slipped my mind and i never got a chance to look into it. If anyone has any crest stickers lyin around and could spare them it'd be a great addition. Got my ticket today aswell. Its for the Jodi stand, Blk A. Was talkin to a chap in Bohs this mornin and he told me this was the Away section for Friday night. Someone confirm please? Don't wanna be stickin out like a sore thumb among the home fans haha

Ye Block A is used as the away section from time to time.

Ye Block A is used as the away section from time to time.

Depends, will be only used if they don't except more than 200-250 away fans afaik, otherwise it's the Des Kelly or Connaught St (think that's closed for the time-being). If yous happen to sell over like 300 I'd say yous will be thrown into the Des Kelly.

• Advertisement

Depends, will be only used if they don't except more than 200-250 away fans afaik, otherwise it's the Des Kelly or Connaught St (think that's closed for the time-being). If yous happen to sell over like 300 I'd say yous will be thrown into the Des Kelly.

Like i said, block A is used from time to time :)

do you have to pay tickets before friday or will there be tickets for away fans on friday night does anyone know?

aslo anyone know anymore about the coach situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Today's the day that Johnny collects his Baaaaasss Drum! Obviously sung to the tune of teddy bears picnic haha. Paid for the drum today lads, collectin at about 5ish. Not 100% on the stickers though. It completely slipped my mind and i never got a chance to look into it. If anyone has any crest stickers lyin around and could spare them it'd be a great addition. Got my ticket today aswell. Its for the Jodi stand, Blk A. Was talkin to a chap in Bohs this mornin and he told me this was the Away section for Friday night. Someone confirm please? Don't wanna be stickin out like a sore thumb among the home fans haha

Great to hear. You will be a welcome addition to the away support. 4 days and counting:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Hopefully it will be a good turnout, after all this is our first Premier League game!
    I know the Waterford game was not what we wanted as our last friendly but as has been posted by others Waterford are a good side and will definitley be pushing for promotion this year and we made six substitutions so it was not a settled team.
    Boh's will be a hard fixture they have the experience of the league and they seem to be the favourites this season so it will be no easy task to take something from this game but while being respectfull to the oppossition there is enough quality in our own side to believe we can give a good start to our own campaign.
    Looking forward to it...:D

I think you need to get your ticket from a booth outside before going in. It MAY be at the back of the des kelly stand where the cars get in. Just aim for the Jodi stand and they will point you in the right direction. Im just hoping for a good turn out from us and a good showing from the lads.

After watching the pre-season games apart from the trip to Derry i think that the starting line up on Friday against the Bohemians will be a diffrent one that started the friendlies. It was mainly a second string side that started in the pre season games with the main faces either rested due to knocks recieved or coming on as late subs.
    Although i have been a bit disappointed with the pre-season i am confident we will do well in the Premier and be there for a number of years and will get a few suprise results in our favour.
    Friday's match is the unofficial League of Ireland Super Cup , league champions V Cup Champions :D
    We have done well when we have been on the telly so far so lets hope that good run continues.
    CMON THE MIGHTY SPORTING FINGAL.

Any of yous happen to be on a Luas into town today about 3.15pm? :D See some lad with a Liverpool beanie and Finga scarf.

From the Bohs website regarding regulations @ Dalymount.
    2. Fireworks, laser pens, smoke canisters, bottles, glasses, cans, flags, banners, poles and other similar articles or containers, including anything which could or might be used as a weapon, are not permitted within the ground, and any person in possession of such an article may be refused entry or ejected from the ground.
    5. Unnecessary noise such as that from the use of radio sets and behaviour likely to cause confusion or nuisance of any kind including foul or abusive language is not permitted in any part of the ground.
    A bit worried about this regarding my new investment...
    I'm sure the mallet for the drum could be regarded as a "weapon". Its got a big solid head (about the size of a tennis ball or so) which I think is wound string inside. A belt of it would put a nice bump on anyones head.
    The banging of a big drum like that could be regarded as "unnecessary noise" aswell. Any ideas on what I should do? I don't wanna arrive at the ground and be turned away for having it with me :eek:

Just noticed that the Bohs website states "Reigning Leage and FAI Cup Champions" :mad: Gonna have to get on to someone about that :D

• Advertisement

ViperGTS wrote: »
    From the Bohs website regarding regulations @ Dalymount.
    2. Fireworks, laser pens, smoke canisters, bottles, glasses, cans, flags, banners, poles and other similar articles or containers, including anything which could or might be used as a weapon, are not permitted within the ground, and any person in possession of such an article may be refused entry or ejected from the ground.
    5. Unnecessary noise such as that from the use of radio sets and behaviour likely to cause confusion or nuisance of any kind including foul or abusive language is not permitted in any part of the ground.
    A bit worried about this regarding my new investment...
    I'm sure the mallet for the drum could be regarded as a "weapon". Its got a big solid head (about the size of a tennis ball or so) which I think is wound string inside. A belt of it would put a nice bump on anyones head.
    The banging of a big drum like that could be regarded as "unnecessary noise" aswell. Any ideas on what I should do? I don't wanna arrive at the ground and be turned away for having it with me :eek:

You should be ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement