Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Any of yous happen to be on a Luas into town today about 3.15pm? :D See some lad with a Liverpool beanie and Finga scarf.

Aha, but we are starting to pop up in places now. Bringing new fans to the league. Its happening GAV. Fingal on the move. Are you scared GAV are you scared:eek:. Or just couldnt give a sh#t and think im talking boll*x;)

ViperGTS wrote: »
    From the Bohs website regarding regulations @ Dalymount.
    2. Fireworks, laser pens, smoke canisters, bottles, glasses, cans, flags, banners, poles and other similar articles or containers, including anything which could or might be used as a weapon, are not permitted within the ground, and any person in possession of such an article may be refused entry or ejected from the ground.
    5. Unnecessary noise such as that from the use of radio sets and behaviour likely to cause confusion or nuisance of any kind including foul or abusive language is not permitted in any part of the ground.
    A bit worried about this regarding my new investment...
    I'm sure the mallet for the drum could be regarded as a "weapon". Its got a big solid head (about the size of a tennis ball or so) which I think is wound string inside. A belt of it would put a nice bump on anyones head.
    The banging of a big drum like that could be regarded as "unnecessary noise" aswell. Any ideas on what I should do? I don't wanna arrive at the ground and be turned away for having it with me :eek:

Dont see a problem with that at all. You wont be the only person in the ground with a Drum I suspect. Any of the games Iv seen, drums have been allowed in. They are needed to add to the atmosphere.
    You see them all the time in england aswell and they would be very strict on what is and isnt brought into their stadiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

From the Bohs website regarding regulations @ Dalymount.
    2. Fireworks, laser pens, smoke canisters, bottles, glasses, cans, flags, banners, poles and other similar articles or containers, including anything which could or might be used as a weapon, are not permitted within the ground, and any person in possession of such an article may be refused entry or ejected from the ground.
    5. Unnecessary noise such as that from the use of radio sets and behaviour likely to cause confusion or nuisance of any kind including foul or abusive language is not permitted in any part of the ground.
    A bit worried about this regarding my new investment...
    I'm sure the mallet for the drum could be regarded as a "weapon". Its got a big solid head (about the size of a tennis ball or so) which I think is wound string inside. A belt of it would put a nice bump on anyones head.
    The banging of a big drum like that could be regarded as "unnecessary noise" aswell. Any ideas on what I should do? I don't wanna arrive at the ground and be turned away for having it with me :eek:

Obviously haven't been to many away stadiums, off the top of my head no ground has drums banned, but the odd ground (RSC) for some strange reason have the large tifo flags banned or that could have just been against us, bit of a stupid logic considering Waterford use them too.
    Aha, but we are starting to pop up in places now. Bringing new fans to the league. Its happening GAV. Fingal on the move. Are you scared GAV are you scared:eek:. Or just couldnt give a sh#t and think im talking boll*x;)

The latter my friend, the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Any of yous happen to be on a Luas into town today about 3.15pm? :D See some lad with a Liverpool beanie and Finga scarf.

Maybe he is a fan of the Europa league and was hedging his bets of at least seeing one of his teams playing in it next season...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Just started a crest on one of the skins on the drum. Hopefully i'll get a pic up later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

nearly friday, cant F***ing wait :D

all through the Ireland v Brazil game i kept seeing and hearing the bohs v fingal game, chills up my arms:D cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

all through the Ireland v Brazil game i kept seeing and hearing the bohs v fingal game, chills up my arms:D cant wait

Likewise, cant wait! Whos available for beers beforehand???

Rockee wrote: »

well available, where

Don't know if u can view the link? Someone let me know please
    http://s322.photobucket.com/albums/nn440/JohnboyIRL/?action=view&current=BassDrum1.jpg
    Sorry, changed the link from fbook to phbucket.

• Advertisement

Don't know if u can view the link? Someone let me know please
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=4135728&id=571987381

if i was to send u my email address could you send it to me?

Link should be fine. Should I infill the bird and letters in black like it should be? I'm not gonna paint it because the skin won't take it very well and could possibly look terrible if it cracks and peels after a while. I'm just gonna do 1 side aswell. If I put one on the other side thats gonna get hit with the mallet I have a feeling it will fade or smudge and take the look off it. Any comments?

Link should be fine. Should I infill the bird and letters in black like it should be? I'm not gonna paint it because the skin won't take it very well and could possibly look terrible if it cracks and peels after a while. I'm just gonna do 1 side aswell. If I put one on the other side thats gonna get hit with the mallet I have a feeling it will fade or smudge and take the look off it. Any comments?

yeah if u have a facebook page:p

plus, wouldent u be hitting both sides with the mallet

Realised that and changed it :P

yeah if u have a facebook page:p

plus, wouldent u be hitting both sides with the mallet

We'll I only have the one and its huge compared to the ones you'd use in each hand. Unless the right gun gets tired I think it'll just be the right side :cool:

looks well man:D

Looks great.
    Personally I think you should fill it in. Id say it would be hard to make out from any sort of distance. Still, great job though:).

Anyway. On another note

Who cares about Shells (for you Gav;))

Who cares about Cork and their troubles

Who cares about Derry and the two contracts

Who cares that Bohs are favourites

Who cares about the LOI being in the sh*t all the time.

We have a drum and its 2 full days and counting.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Looks great.
    Personally I think you should fill it in. Id say it would be hard to make out from any sort of distance. Still, great job though:).

Anyway. On another note

Easily pleased!?:pac:

Looks great.

Anyway. On another note

I think we could get a beat goin to that tune... :)
    Anyway, the finished product. Let me know what ya's think.
    http://s322.photobucket.com/albums/nn440/JohnboyIRL/?action=view&current=BassDrum2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

You still lurking on here i see.

• Advertisement

http://s322.photobucket.com/albums/nn440/JohnboyIRL/?action=view&current=BassDrum2.jpg

From one drummer to the next..that is savage! Its great to see people making the effort. :)

well available, where

Pmed you back dude!

Well done mate it looks class. Looking forward to hearing it on friday night. Btw kick off is at 7.35 as oppossed to 7.45.
    Thank Fook live football is back been a long winter.
    87 nill for The Fingal or there abouts...(Optimism is realism with added hope)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

Rockee wrote: »

Just to let you know that the Bohs bar in Dalymount (under the Jodi Stand) will be open from 6pm and Sporting Fingal fans will be welcome in the bar. It would probably be a good idea to have pre-match pints there as there will be a good buzz and you're less likely to miss the start of the game!

Yep :). Saves me from being bitter all the time and letting everybody know about it on the net. Now who in the world would be like that. Let me think:p

Guessing this could be our starting eleven for fri.
    Clarke
    O'Brien. Paisley. Maher. Fitzgerald.
    Byrne. Kirby. Mc Faul. Williams. Quinn.
    O'Niell.

I feel we might start 4.5.1 to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

I think you need to get your ticket from a booth outside before going in. It MAY be at the back of the des kelly stand where the cars get in. Just aim for the Jodi stand and they will point you in the right direction. Im just hoping for a good turn out from us and a good showing from the lads.

After watching the pre-season games apart from the trip to Derry i think that the starting line up on Friday against the Bohemians will be a diffrent one that started the friendlies. It was mainly a second string side that started in the pre season games with the main faces either rested due to knocks recieved or coming on as late subs.
    Although i have been a bit disappointed with the pre-season i am confident we will do well in the Premier and be there for a number of years and will get a few suprise results in our favour.
    Friday's match is the unofficial League of Ireland Super Cup , league champions V Cup Champions :D
    We have done well when we have been on the telly so far so lets hope that good run continues.
    CMON THE MIGHTY SPORTING FINGAL.

i take it your not the same pineapple stu that posts on foot.ie and various other loi related fora

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Guessing this could be our starting eleven for fri.
    Clarke
    O'Brien. Paisley. Maher. Fitzgerald.
    Byrne. Kirby. Mc Faul. Williams. Quinn.
    O'Niell.

I feel we might start 4.5.1 to begin with.

That would be a decent option, i cant see the 4 3 3 working against Bohemians.

JRCC wrote: »
    Just to let you know that the Bohs bar in Dalymount (under the Jodi Stand) will be open from 6pm and Sporting Fingal fans will be welcome in the bar. It would probably be a good idea to have pre-match pints there as there will be a good buzz and you're less likely to miss the start of the game!

ah sure il have 1 or 2:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

LOI special in the mirror tomorrow. Something like a 24 page pull out and a pocket fixtures book.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement