Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

c yous in there lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Just been to Ladbrokes. Sporting 9/1, Waterford 7/2. 20 euro e/w double. Outright winners, fancy my chances at that. And a tenner on us to win tonight @ 6/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

If i don't get out of here soon and get a pint into me i will throw up. Waiting on me lift, reading and re-reading posts all over the place.
    Have read over our own website about twenty bleedin times.
    Running through about 10 different line ups and formations, who will start, who won't! Do we start defensively or play as we always have and go for it. 4.3.3, 4.4.2, or 4.5 bleeding 1!
    Swear to ya's if i thought back then it was going to take over me life as it has i would have stayed watching women's volleyball(instead of just recording it)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭CSF

in 24 hours our title race begins:D
    In 4 hours your title race ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Robbery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

As for the rest of your posts directed to me, well going by your posts in the "Soccer" forum, your knowledge with regards to the League and your own club aren't worth replying to.

Why are you replying then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

CSF wrote: »

Ah, we should of got a draw there. I presume when you lose for the first time your challenge is over too? Of course not.

CSF wrote: »

Stick to whats going on in the first division. This thread is for the big boys in the premier division ;)

A draw would have been a fair result. If it was a clear cut peno then we would have no arguments or if Bohs scored in open play then we would have no probs as we gave a good showing but its sickining to lose from blatent cheating and dodgey officiating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

so annoyed i missed it...was looking forward to this for the last month r 2 but no no stupid meetings etc got in the way...anyways from a quick look at the bohs forum and here it seems positive all the same despite losing the way we did....
    otherwise how was the atmosphere in our end....
    attendance was 3200..? how many fingal fans??

• Advertisement

Very unfortunate tonight lads. A draw was definately what both sides would agree on. Impressed by O'Brien, McFaul and Fitzgerald. Think we took a bit too much out of the ball at times. Needed to just take a touch ahead and get it into the box. Met a Bohs fan outside and he commented on the atmosphere and that we'll take points off a lot of teams this year. RTE gave an all round good appraisal too, a lot of good things came out of it. Here's to a good lookin season lads.

The big drum made a big diffrence to the atmo,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Very unfortunate tonight lads. A draw was definately what both sides would agree on. Impressed by O'Brien, McFaul and Fitzgerald. Think we took a bit too much out of the ball at times. Needed to just take a touch ahead and get it into the box. Met a Bohs fan outside and he commented on the atmosphere and that we'll take points off a lot of teams this year. RTE gave an all round good appraisal too, a lot of good things came out of it. Here's to a good lookin season lads.

Fair play lad. Not easy coming down not knowing anybody and bringing the drum to an away ground. Good to see you there and it was a great addition to our away support. Long may it continue.

so annoyed i missed it...was looking forward to this for the last month r 2 but no no stupid meetings etc got in the way...anyways from a quick look at the bohs forum and here it seems positive all the same despite losing the way we did....
    otherwise how was the atmosphere in our end....
    attendance was 3200..? how many fingal fans??

Id say we had about the 250 mark maybe more.
    Our singing section while quite small, Maybe 60 to 70, was singing constantly and where a credit to the club. Due to ViperGTS and the others we made some great noise.

One of them results that grates on ya but nothing we can do now. The positives were our posession and how comfortable we were on the ball. Williams and Mc Faul in particular in the centre. Lorcan played well as did O'Brien. Thought Finn could have got on the ball a little more but in fairness he had some moments of quality so can only see him getting better. Conan's free kick was a cracker thought he was decent enough but towards the end he looked a bit leggy. Clarke deserves his position at last a keeper that can come for the ball and not spill it.
    So while gutted by the penalty I can at least say we look ready for this league.
    Well done to Viper the drum looked class and certainly brought our noise level up.
    The atmosphere at Dalymount was class so well done to all that who were there.

Cheers mate. No match for me today, my right shoulder is fu%*ed :(. I'll just be goin out to watch. Need to get to a gym or something, didn't think i'd be like this after it :). I didn't buy a season ticket this year lads as I play ball on a saturday and work aswell so I can't leave the missus with the kids all the time or guarantee what games I can get to. If i'm not goin to any games anybody (trustworthy :)) is more than welcome to come down to me and take the drum. As long as its looked after, its a club drum lol. Thanks again for the welcome last night, really enjoyed it

Cheers mate. No match for me today, my right shoulder is fu%*ed :(. I'll just be goin out to watch. Need to get to a gym or something, didn't think i'd be like this after it :). I didn't buy a season ticket this year lads as I play ball on a saturday and work aswell so I can't leave the missus with the kids all the time or guarantee what games I can get to. If i'm not goin to any games anybody (trustworthy :)) is more than welcome to come down to me and take the drum. As long as its looked after, its a club drum lol. Thanks again for the welcome last night, really enjoyed it

baeb3-86db5_rude011.jpg

You would want to watch that. If people didnt know you where the new fingal drummer, what would they be thinking;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

Lots of positives despite the defeat .Brendan Clarke very solid .Passing in midfield crisp and positive . Back four very solid . Gary O'neill yet again put in a good shift . Like to see Ronan Finn more but that will come . Very harsh penalty that would not have been awarded in the other box . Looking forward to next week . On last nights show we can compete withthe best.

FINGAL FAN wrote: »
    Lots of positives despite the defeat .Brendan Clarke very solid .Passing in midfield crisp and positive . Back four very solid . Gary O'neill yet again put in a good shift . Like to see Ronan Finn more but that will come . Very harsh penalty that would not have been awarded in the other box . Looking forward to next week . On last nights show we can compete withthe best.

Totally agree. Solid performance and very unlucky on the night.

baeb3-86db5_rude011.jpg

You would want to watch that. If people didnt know you where the new fingal drummer, what would they be thinking;)

NICE!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

any1 going to the shels match tomorrow? ko. 8pm

Who are they?

Didnt even know there was one. Nothing on our site about it. Just seen they had it up on theirs and that we where late replacements for St Pats.
    Doubt Ill go though. Both teams will have their second string out and Id doubt it will make for a great game. More interested in next weeks game against Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't get off work myself, but buying a ticket as it's for a good cause, more info:

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1436
    http://www.innocentvictimsofviolence.ie/
    Who are they?

You're even worse than me!

We're a club with 115 years of history, play down the road from yous and finished ahead of yous in the League last season.

Yeah but still, ya's aren't in the Premier this year are ya's? ;)

So that's Viper out for the sligo game. Jaysus the injury list is already starting to grow.;) I know Bucko strenghtened in the areas he felt he needed to but as well as adding experience i think he has made a fook up not signing up another drummer. It's no good asking a new signing to come in and make such an impact and then not provide back up. Maybe when the transfer market opens up again we can look to strenghtening in this area.
    Until then Viper keep that arm strapped to your side:rolleyes:

Won't be able to make it but hope they get a good turn out. Nice to see a club giving something back like this for a good cause. So best of luck to them.

Can't get off work myself, but buying a ticket as it's for a good cause, more info:

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1436
    http://www.innocentvictimsofviolence.ie/

You're even worse than me!

We're a club with 115 years of history, play down the road from yous and finished ahead of yous in the League last season.

Nope, still dont know who they are.

I'll be going , it will be the players that didnt start against bohs having a run out. I might have the riverside all to myself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Just so you all know, there is a poll on http://www.airtricityleague.com/ which you might like to vote on...

See you all on Friday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement