Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'll be going , it will be the players that didnt start against bohs having a run out. I might have the riverside all to myself :D

Can't see the Riverside being open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I'll sit in the new stand then.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

The Star today has/had the official guide to the Airtricity league 2010,

hasent got a place to write the scores in as the Mirror did but it is a much better read.

Fingal beat shels 3-2 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Fingal beat shels 3-2 tonight

Who scored?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Crowe 2 (i think), 1 was a peno, and Dawson.

Fingal was 2-0 up at half time with goals from James ( peno ) and Crowe.
    Corcoran scored a peno for shells in the second half with Pinto equalising with a simple tap in after a defensive error by Fingal. Dawson slotted home Fingal's third after a free kick taken by our keeper at the edge of his box landed at the feet of Dawson in the shells box and he calmly put it in the back of the shells net.
    It was a diffrent team that lined our for Fingal than what lined out against Bohs on Friday night. Fingal had the run of the first half with shells getting back into it after the break after making 6 subs at the start of the second half.
    I dont know what line up shells had at the start but id guess it wasnt their first team.
    My man of the match was the shells number 18 and it wasnt for his footballing skill but just for sheer entertainment value :)

Attendance was around the 200 mark.

Sounded like a decent game.
    Good run out for the lads I guess. From the little iv seen of Dawson, it looks like he may turn out to be a decent player for the future.

Roll on Sligo. Should be interesting this Friday. Hope we bring out the cup and Zayed is holding it :D.

We played well in the first half and made a few defensive mistakes in the second. Dawson came from the U20's i think and will score more for us.

With all the hype before the cup final with sligo saying they are the best supported team in the league and demanding the extra tickets for the final on that basis, lets see on friday night how much are actually prepared to travel when its only a league game with only 3 points on offer and not the potential of winning a trophy :)

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055842919&page=4

look at the 12th one down then look at the 14th one down:rolleyes:

You got it wrong though :) edit it to say cup champions .

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Evenin folks. A few questions. Anyone any idea when tickets are on sale for Friday? Just in case I can't make it, will they be on sale on the night? Whats the craic with the reserved and unreserved seating? Don't wanna be rows away from ya's with the drum is the season i'm askin. Thanks, John

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Evenin folks. A few questions. Anyone any idea when tickets are on sale for Friday? Just in case I can't make it, will they be on sale on the night? Whats the craic with the reserved and unreserved seating? Don't wanna be rows away from ya's with the drum is the season i'm askin. Thanks, John

Should be tickets on the night. Iv not seen a game yet that people cant get in paying at the door. Although we where in the first div( still wouldnt be worried though). As for where you will be sitting dont worry about it as the singing section wont be in the reserved tickets section. Just pay in and you will be alright. If its like last year you can head to the left side of the stand when looking at it. Under the announcers office. This is where they had the singing section. Rumours are it might be moved this year but not sure. There is a standing area to the left of the main stand as you are looking out at the pitch. This may become the singing section area. We will have to see.

Afaik all Premier clubs have to have tickets, so could probably mean buying them and then going through the stiles, could be wrong mind you or Fingal mightn't abide by the rules (if I'm right, which I mightn't be).

Afaik all Premier clubs have to have tickets, so could probably mean buying them and then going through the stiles, could be wrong mind you or Fingal mightn't abide by the rules (if I'm right, which I mightn't be).

so fingal dont bide by the rules now gav? come off it.
    the Bohs match was pay in a the turnstiles, i know this because i paid in at the turnstiles and got no ticket.
    mayb all premier division clubs had to have tickets when you where going to premier division matches but that was afew seasons ago gav:p rules might have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Fingal mightn't abide by the rules (if I'm right, which I mightn't be).
    What is that statement meant to mean? Why would SF not abide by rules? Your answer had better be good otherwise I will consider that trolling.

HB

Definition of a troll:
    Someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community.

What I was saying was you pay at the gate. Iv always got a ticket every single game at the gate after paying, not once did this not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hill Billy wrote: »
    What is that statement meant to mean? Why would SF not abide by rules? Your answer had better be good otherwise I will consider that trolling.

HB

Definition of a troll:
    Someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community.
    Even I can answer that, hes just suggesting Fingal might be doing it wrong, based on what he was aware the rules were, same as myself actually, think the reason we moved to ticketing, was based on an unfortunately misguided assumption that we'd be in the Premier this year. He wasn't accusing them of some kind of mass corruption or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

As long as "as far as I know" is put into a post, its an assumption. To suggest that SF or any other club don't abide by rules based on an assumption isn't right. Fair enough it might be a badly worded post but in my mind its a few stray posts too many.

• Advertisement

So why is his every post having a pop at Sporting or a suggestion of wrong doing ? Its just another attempt at wumming .

CSF wrote: »
    Even I can answer that, hes just suggesting Fingal might be doing it wrong, based on what he was aware the rules were, same as myself actually, think the reason we moved to ticketing, was based on an unfortunately misguided assumption that we'd be in the Premier this year. He wasn't accusing them of some kind of mass corruption or anything.

Sorry no, stating fingal might not be abiding by the rules is not saying fingal might be doing it wrong, He is trying to make out we are intentionally not doing what we are supposed to. Its a disguised dig (Badly I might add) If it was the first time he did it then fair enough but as we all know this aint the first time. The comment itself isnt really that bad but he is trying to push his luck and its the straw that breaks the camels back IMO.

Sorry Gav but you know what im saying is true. One too many.

A small article about our new boy Quinn. Although the pic they used is obviously his brother.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=38224

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks, but I'll deal with this. Please get back on topic (whatever the hell that is in this thread. :()

HB

Thanks, but I'll deal with this. Please get back on topic (whatever the hell that is in this thread. :()

HB

Its sporting fingal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Not good news. http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/2877/Lorcan-out-for-six-weeks.aspx

Hope he is back asap.
    Looking forward to Fri hopefully get the 3 points. Won't be easy they will be looking for a bit revenge so i guess we are in for a tough 90min.
    Lamper's right ViperGts you will get a ticket no bother at the gate. And as far as getting a seat in with the singing section you are part of that singing section now so they will squeeze ya in no doubt.
    See our away game against Pats will be live. Nice.

HB

Definition of a troll:
    Someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic
    messages in an online community.

There's your answer Hill Billy! Also I used the words "as far as I know".
    CSF wrote: »

No need for my as far as I know comment now either, from page 57 of the 2010 Licensing Manual:
    TICKET DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
    The licence applicant must have in place a modern Ticket Distribution System.
    The Ticket Distribution System must be used to distribute tickets for all-ticket matches and UEFA Club Competition matches.
    The Ticket Distribution System must be capable of recording every ticket sale and of providing official FAI and UEFA delegates with the exact number of spectators and the exact figure for gate receipts as required.
    When tickets are issued, these must clearly identify the location of the seats for which they have been issued. Information on the tickets must correlate with signposting inside and outside the stadium. Retained ticket stubs must contain information that will guide spectators once they are inside the stadium.
    Colour-coding of tickets to assist the entry process is recommended

What I was saying was you pay at the gate. Iv always got a ticket every single game at the gate after paying, not once did this not happen.

Didn't see this, before I posted the post above, your previous post which I was referring too wasn't very clear.

Anyway. Back to what we should be talking about. Does anybody know if frosty is fit enough yet to take over from Lorcan. Big blow that lorcan is out but frosty is a decent replacement if fit.

• Advertisement

I think Frost is still out.

Draw was made for the Leinster senior cup quarter finals.

Bray Wanderers v Dundalk

Shamrock Rovers v Shelbourne

Bohemians v Sporting Fingal

UCD v St Patrick's Athletic or Drogheda United

Matches to be played on or before Sunday April 4th.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement