Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I think Frost is still out.

Draw was made for the Leinster senior cup quarter finals.

Bray Wanderers v Dundalk

Shamrock Rovers v Shelbourne

Bohemians v Sporting Fingal

UCD v St Patrick's Athletic or Drogheda United

Matches to be played on or before Sunday April 4th.

Great stuff. I suppose both teams will put out weakend sides though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Lets hope the ref knows this time what happens if its a draw after 90 mins :)

We have St Pats away on the friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

It'll probably go ahead the weekend before. The Pats game is live so I doubt RTE will defer the coverage for the Bohs game

The leinster senior cup wont be on the telly

Lets hope the ref knows this time what happens if its a draw after 90 mins :)

We have St Pats away on the friday.

Lets also hope he knows what is and isnt a penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's your answer Hill Billy! Also I used the words "as far as I know".

No need for my as far as I know comment now either, from page 57 of the 2010 Licensing Manual:

Gavin:

I'd not be someone to argue with a Licensing Manual so in this instance I'll accept it. However, sticking "as far as I know" into a post is not a "Get out of Jail Free" card in this forum. The tone of your post was still troll-ish (see definition in my previous post).

If you wish to discuss further - PM me.

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭fingalgooner

Great stuff. I suppose both teams will put out weakend sides though.

Good thing is our weakend side is not as weak as it once was. Nice draw though there was great atmosphere there on the league night (penalty withstanding).
    Pity about Frost good player imo, guess O'Brien moves over to left and Colm James moves to right-back, looking forward to see how well we attack at Morton on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

tomorrow night shud be a good match, sligo will be out for revenge and we are out to get our first premier division points, and since we only lossed to bohs by a peno ( dont know what the ref was thinking:mad: ) we should defo take sligo, we bet them when they had a stonger side then they have now, and we have a stronger side now then we had then:D

tongue twister:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

tomorrow night shud be a good match, sligo will be out for revenge and we are out to get our first premier division points, and since we only lossed to bohs by a peno ( dont know what the ref was thinking:mad: ) we should defo take sligo, we bet them when they had a stonger side then they have now, and we have a stronger side now then we had then:D

tongue twister:D

Shall give ya a text John!

Few more injurie worries for tonight.

Ger O’Brien has a slight a hamstring strain and is unlikely to be risked while John Frost (calf), Shaun Williams (knee) and Eamon Zayed (hip) will undergo late fitness tests.

• Advertisement

Yeah, read that this morning. Williams will be a big loss if he doesn't play, thought he played well last week. Read this morning that Sligo have 4 or 5 doubts too. Stupid question but is there a bar in Morton itself or whats the story for drinks? I'll be up but not sure whether to take the bus or drive up

ViperGTS wrote: »
    Yeah, read that this morning. Williams will be a big loss if he doesn't play, thought he played well last week. Read this morning that Sligo have 4 or 5 doubts too. Stupid question but is there a bar in Morton itself or whats the story for drinks? I'll be up but not sure whether to take the bus or drive up

I was thinking the same thing myself as regards a Morton bar but have always had the Swiss Cottage over the road in mind otherwise.

Stupid question but is there a bar in Morton itself or whats the story for drinks? I'll be up but not sure whether to take the bus or drive up
    I was thinking the same thing myself as regards a Morton bar but have always had the Swiss Cottage over the road in mind otherwise.

There is the Clonliffe Harriers in the grounds but dont know what the story is about getting access to it, faik season ticket holders are allowed up suppose the best thing to do is head to it and see if they let you upstairs.

Drum and all? :D

What an insight.

What an insight.

Koreas loss is our gain! Some serious bread to be made over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

Stupid question but is there a bar in Morton itself or whats the story for drinks? I'll be up but not sure whether to take the bus or drive up

There is the Clonliffe Harriers in the grounds but dont know what the story is about getting access to it, faik season ticket holders are allowed up suppose the best thing to do is head to it and see if they let you upstairs.

ive a season ticket mite tru and get drinks:p

Late Late Late :(

Galway 2-1 Bray

• Advertisement

Decent enough first half not great in the second bar O Neil s goal (Shoot, shhhooooot, for fook sake shhh, oh what a goal:D).

Really good crowd from us last night. 1267 apparently. Hopefully we can keep that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FINGAL FAN

Draw a fair result on the night . Indeed after the equaliser Sligo were the more likely to win it . Our midfield is not yet operating as well as last season and Sligo were very keen to keep Conan Byrne on a tight rein. Still our first Premier point on the board .

FINGAL FAN wrote: »
    Draw a fair result on the night . Indeed after the equaliser Sligo were the more likely to win it . Our midfield is not yet operating as well as last season and Sligo were very keen to keep Conan Byrne on a tight rein. Still our first Premier point on the board .

I think we could and should have won it tbh. They never threatend until they got a goal with a bad mistake by us at the back. We should have put the game to bed before half time.

They did have more of the game for the last 20 but that was about it. Still like you said it is our first points on the board. Hopefully 3 next week against Bray to really kick off the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Hoof balls to Conan won't work in the Premier Division. Nor will dithering on the ball in the penalty area at the back. We'll get going soon enough i think though.

Well at least we got a point on the board but just can't shake the feeling it was a night that promised more. The first half we were spreading the ball around for fun but indecision from us in their box led to us being frustrated up in the stands.
    O'Niell's goal was a cracker(how many times did he turn the defender in the box before taking it on) can't wait to see the replay of it on mns. And from that moment on we had them under pressure but if we can learn something from last night it is the fact that if we don't finish teams off then we get what we deserve. Their goal came from nothing but have to hand it to their lad he finished it well.
    And to be fair to Sligo they had the better going forward in the 2nd half, while we had plenty of possession we gave it away all to easy.
    Anyway it's called a season for a reason and we put up a point so hopefully we can improve from here.
    Bring on Bray...

I think we should have had it put to bed by half time. Some good passing at times but in the end we just couldn't do much with the final ball. A very sloppy goal to concede but 1 point is better than none. Was quite happy with the decision to let us up into the corner for a sing as we felt like outcasts at the end of the stand. Think we need to get a few more chants organised too. The same few repeated over time kind of lose their edge

I think we should have had it put to bed by half time. Some good passing at times but in the end we just couldn't do much with the final ball. A very sloppy goal to concede but 1 point is better than none. Was quite happy with the decision to let us up into the corner for a sing as we felt like outcasts at the end of the stand. Think we need to get a few more chants organised too. The same few repeated over time kind of lose their edge

Can't agree with you more, a lot of people in the stands annoyed when they saw the singing section moved(i could not believe it to be honest) especially as they were moved passed the Sligo fans and out of the main stand.
    As for the chant's yeah their will have to be more developed and adopted.

Personally i think our lads would be better off where the Sligo fans was last night as that section of the stand gives off a better sound plus our fans could cheer our players off and on the pitch as the away team has a slight advantage now with their fans giving them a slight lift when they come off at half time. The Sligo fans set an example on how to cheer a team on last night and it was hard to see who was the home team. I was dissapointed that we had no big flags waving where the players were coming out or some stand out music played and what was played when we scored i dont know. As fans we need to make a decent atmosphere to keep new fans interested so lets start away to Bray next week.
    Anyone in D15 needing a lift to Bray next week let me know

Personally i think our lads would be better off where the Sligo fans was last night as that section of the stand gives off a better sound plus our fans could cheer our players off and on the pitch as the away team has a slight advantage now with their fans giving them a slight lift when they come off at half time. The Sligo fans set an example on how to cheer a team on last night and it was hard to see who was the home team. I was dissapointed that we had no big flags waving where the players were coming out or some stand out music played and what was played when we scored i dont know. As fans we need to make a decent atmosphere to keep new fans interested so lets start away to Bray next week.
    Anyone in D15 needing a lift to Bray next week let me know

Couldnt agree with you more. If the lads where there it would be much better for all the reasons you said.
    They would also be more involved with the rest of the crowd. Tired of us sticking them in a corner. The sligo lads did their club proud but they should have been where our lads where and our lads should have been where they where. If ya know what I mean:).
    When away fans crowd is small, the area for the away fans should be under the announcers office. Makes the most sense imo. It seems we are trying to be nicer to the away clubs fans than our own.

When we seen the lads being marched out of the stand to the other area, it looked like the guys had done something wrong. Plus having to listen to the sligo lads sing while our lads where out of earshot was not what a home fan should expect to hear. Common sense prevailed and they where allowed back up but it never should have happened in the first place and any chance of creating a good fingal atmosphere was lost. Anybody who was at the Bohs game will know that we created a better atmosphere there than we did at home the other night. This should never be the case.

• Advertisement

Maybe i should re post my song suggestions :)

O Fingal Fred, is wonderful
    O Fingal Freddies wonderful
    He's a fox and hes fluffy
    O Fingal Fred is wonderful

O Fingal Fred...

You get it at this stage :) sang to the tune When the saints go marching in.

When the other fans sing " Your not singing any more " sing back " We wernt singing anyway "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement