Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭johnmahon010186

DSB wrote: »
    Nope sorry, I'm clueless.

Well then theres no need to give clueless replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Yes, for first division standard. Shamrock Rovers rejuvenated the first division that year and it showed with the amount of media exposure the first division got that year.

Hahaha Rovers fans invented the lightbulb too don't ya know? When did your club last win the Premier by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

kensutz wrote: »
    There was 7 there and one big Sporting Fingal flag.

Pathetic, but kudos to those who did make the journey

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

1st time I'm actually going to say I hope Fingal win on Friday.:D

Hahaha Rovers fans invented the lightbulb too don't ya know? When did your club last win the Premier by the way?

And I always thought it was Edison. :rolleyes:

We last won the premier division in '94. I can only presume your a Shels fan, so when was the last time Shels won the premier without spending beyond their means or going to court?

• Advertisement

And I always thought it was Edison. :rolleyes:

We last won the premier division in '94. I can only presume your a Shels fan, so when was the last time Shels won the premier without spending beyond their means or going to court?

1999-2000, 2001-02, 2003, 2004, 2006

Ah take your pick.

And eh I don't think I'll be taking much of a slagging about spending beyond our means or going to court from a Rovers fan thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah take your pick.

And eh I don't think I'll be taking much of a slagging about spending beyond our means or going to court from a Rovers fan thank you very much.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

873 is the offical attendence according to our forum, I'd say 500 Shels and 373 Fingals or thereabouts.

http://vimeo.com/824351

Just to revert back to earlier discussion. I did say i would like to see some shots of your side. Above shows the penalty shoot out with shels, at the end you can see how many shels fans. 500?

Its just a pity i had to watch the misery of the penalty shoot out to show you this but hay at least you will enjoy that part. :(

http://vimeo.com/824351

Just to revert back to earlier discussion. I did say i would like to see some shots of your side. Above shows the penalty shoot out with shels, at the end you can see how many shels fans. 500?

Its just a pity i had to watch the misery of the penalty shoot out to show you this but hay, at least you will enjoy that part. :(

Jaysis, not a chance we had 500, I'll say about 400. But not a chance Fingal had 473 fans in that stand, about 50 (at most) of the Fingal singing support, and then about 200-250 spread out across the rest of the stand. What is the capacity of that stand btw?

Jaysis, not a chance we had 500, I'll say about 400. But not a chance Fingal had 473 fans in that stand, about 50 (at most) of the Fingal singing support, and then about 200-250 spread out across the rest of the stand. What is the capacity of that stand btw?

The stand holds 800.
    It depends when your original picture was taken. I think i said it earlier but after half time there was less people in the stand for some reason. I noticed it myself when i sat back down.

When the first half kicked off it did look to me to be about half full ( so about the 400 mark). But I will take the point that when sitting in a crowd it can feel like there is more people than may be the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

A number of Shels fans left at the end of normal time. Either they didn't realise that it was ET and pens or they were just fed up with the ****e that was on display.

Ah take your pick.

Well at least fans of rovers done something about it and now look at the club, won the first division at the first time of asking and now were one of the best run clubs in the league and riding high in the premier.

It will be some time before Shels can boast something like that.

Well at least fans of rovers done something about it and now look at the club, won the first division at the first time of asking and now were one of the best run clubs in the league and riding high in the premier.

If your coming in to gloat about which of our bad situations were worse, then it really isn't something to boast about at all. Give Shels the amount of years Rovers have had since their problems and then make some sort of comment.

This is a discussion about Sporting Fingal, not Rovers.

But I'll finish this arguement, if we went and got all our debts, etc... cleared like Rovers and then being able to start from scratch we'd be in a different situation. You're also having a stadium bulit for you, so on so forth. Now back to Sporting Franchaise discussions.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

This is a discussion about Sporting Fingal, not Rovers.

But I'll finish this arguement, if we went and got all our debts, etc... cleared like Rovers and then being able to start from scratch we'd be in a different situation. You're also having a stadium bulit for you, so on so forth. Now back to Sporting Franchaise discussions.:D

Albeit an innaccurate conclusion.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Question for anyone at the Dundalk -v- Fingal game, was there any trouble after it? Heard a few rumours of this and that which was suppose to happen.

1st time I'm actually going to say I hope Fingal win on Friday.:D

We did our best for you even with 10 men and what do you do, you go and draw with one of the bottom clubs tut tut:rolleyes:

Question for anyone at the Dundalk -v- Fingal game, was there any trouble after it? Heard a few rumours of this and that which was suppose to happen.

I was at it and i seen no trouble, doesnt mean there wasnt any.

The home support was made to wait 10 mins for the away fans to leave and when we did leave it seemed to be quiet enough outside the stadium.

I was at it and i seen no trouble, doesnt mean there wasnt any.

The home support was made to wait 10 mins for the away fans to leave and when we did leave it seemed to be quiet enough outside the stadium.

Ah right good stuff. Also I see at least one club have copped on and got the home fans to wait back, much better idea than holding away fans back.

you go and draw with one of the bottom clubs tut tut:rolleyes:

Don't talk about it, we got a goal disallowed for offside and then missed two sitters in the last 10 mins. Should have won it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I didn't see anything major either. I was waiting on a bus after the game and saw a gang of lads sticking the fingers up at a passing Dundalk coach but that was just about it.

But then again i had walked up towards the Swiss Cottage to grab a couple of cans for later so i don't know anything from directly outside the stadium.

dsmythy wrote: »
    I didn't see anything major either. I was waiting on a bus after the game and saw a gang of lads sticking the fingers up at a passing Dundalk coach but that was just about it.

But then again i had walked up towards the Swiss Cottage to grab a couple of cans for later so i don't know anything from directly outside the stadium.

Just the oul rumour on the street was that "Shels" "fans" were going to Santry for an arranged fight with Dundalk.:rolleyes:

Not bad for a so called franchise. Roll on the shels. Worried yet? :(

Not worried at all, we just walked over Longford.:cool: Cya next week.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Yeah, the LOI is automatically a failure league, a vale of tears if you will. And SFFC will not do anything to buck the trend. We will not be able to use the 5 million wisely, we will fail to build the stadium, the academy will never take off - aw sure begorrah that's just for Dutch kids. And a team playing in black and green, that will never work either. Why do we even get out of bed? Anyone know what the number for the Samaritans is?

I love it LOI fans, keep your cynicism going. Its incredible how much you don't want football to be reformed in this sceptred isle.

Hi LAMPER. Nice to catch up with u again after the mind control policing of Ada Beetchslap and his cabal of ti*f*ck mates and their limited abilities to accept new thinking.

Yeah, the LOI is automatically a failure league, a vale of tears if you will. And SFFC will not do anything to buck the trend. We will not be able to use the 5 million wisely, we will fail to build the stadium, the academy will never take off - aw sure begorrah that's just for Dutch kids. And a team playing in black and green, that will never work either. Why do we even get out of bed? Anyone know what the number for the Samaritans is?

I love it LOI fans, keep your cynicism going. Its incredible how much you don't want football to be reformed in this sceptred isle.

Hi LAMPER. Nice to catch up with u again after the mind control policing of Ada Beetchslap and his cabal of ti*f*ck mates and their limited abilities to accept new thinking.

Nice to see you are easing your way into boards.ie. You know just getting a feel for the place. :D

looking forward to this weeks game should be a good one.

Nice to see you are easing your way into boards.ie. You know just getting a feel for the place. :D

looking forward to this weeks game should be a good one.

Thankyou Lamper, I just thought I'd kick the front doors in and toss some furniture around in the hallway,... just as a "warm-up".

Feeeen-gallllllllllllll ultras

An Ultra has no name, only good friends know him. An Ultra has no face, most of the time a hood is covering his head, a scarf covering his mouth. An Ultras doesnt dress like others and doesnt follow trends and like the latest. When he walks the streets even though he has no supporter logos he is recognisable. An Ultra attacks if attacked, and helps when needed, they dont stop being ultras as soon as they take their scarf off and return home, they battle 7 days a week.

An experienced Ultra leads an example to the youth, the youth have respect for the older Ultra. The young ultras are proud while standing next to someone more experienced, they learn from the critics of the older Ultra, they go red when given a handshake from them. When normal people look at an ultra they dont understand him, but he doesnt want to be understood, or explain what he is about. Every ultra is different: there are those who wear supporter logos or club colours and those who have never had those things in their life. There are those who travel only with their group and those who are individuals and are their own group.

Ultras are different, but what unites them is their love for their club, their persistance to stay 90 minutes on their feet during the rain or cold, they are united by the warmth from chanting at full voice, united while sleeping in a half-drunk state on a train that is taking them from an away game, united by the convoy through the center of the away teams city, united by one sandwich which is shared amongst four of them after many hours of hunger, united by one shared cigarette, united by one look, by one ideal, by a one and only mentality.

All the things which unite us together, at the same time distance us from the rest of the world: from worried parents, from stupefied cousins, from scared school peers or co-workers, and from non-tolerating teachers or boss. Ultras is not vandalism or violence without reason, it is a persistant defence of a way of life, that has now fell in crisis because of social problems, because of stupid televisions, because of discos which attract more and more youth but most of all because of UN-JUSTIFIABLE REPRESSION. (by police and federations)

Being an ultra is all this and alot more, emotions and passion which you cant explain in words to people who dont wish to understand, and who would rather simply turn their heads and continue living behind glass, people who would never have balls to break that peice of glass and enter our world!

Is that Fingal supporters, methinks not.

Is that Fingal supporters, methinks not.

Blast that, anyone know the glarungly obvious "smiley" for "I'm being ironic"

• Advertisement

Blast that, anyone know the glarungly obvious "smiley" for "I'm being ironic"

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement